The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bleeds, Befoul or Sload?

• Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    Defile
    with defile the real issue is sets like duroks which has no cool down and can be applied with out that player having to do anything, with enchants and skills like reverb you have to time it so that you can hit them with it when they drop their block but also it would not re-apply itself it it were cleansed.

Another contributing factor to defile is the ridiculous scaling that befoul has and while this does contribute to it, sets that apply status effects with no cool down such as wizards riposte and duroks significantly lower the skill cap or requirement imo as players don't need to do anything apart from take dmg to infect and enemy with such debuffs.

Sloads imo would be fine if it could only be capped at 1 per person every 15 or 18 seconds or so and the proc its self having a cool down of 24 seconds, 1/3 uptime at best. the real issue with sloads is that it is unmitigable dmg that can be stacked upon you with the same debuff from others using the same sets. But at least it is rng chance to get it on you and isnt an aoe self replication such as with minor maim from wizards or defile from duroks.

Bleeds is a hard one because if they make significant changes to them then it will mess with pve which from the player base and new players is what they focus on more, but simply making bleeds no longer ignore resistances would fix the issue of bleeds. In pve trials groups in particular will near enough always debuff the boss down to 0 resistances or very close to and so bleeds ignoring resistances does not really matter as much. instead of using axes as the way to fight high resistance imo it should be maces, instead of giving them a % penetration that requires you to already run penetration to get high stats from the maul, make maces give flat penetration or to be a bit more funky, a % chance to apply major fracture and major spell breach *or whatever it is called. this would now make maces grant on a flat penetration value permanently or rng but would also mean that magicka builds utilising the 2h skill line (forward momentum) could run a maul or if they are DW, run dw maces or 1 sword 1 mace instead of just being stack with 2h swords. While the bleeds ignoring resistance was created to help fight the tank meta or to be utilise to do so, due to the changes to shuffle and harness as well as loss of wrath and nerf to health gain in heavy, those running heavy are no way near as tanky as the Homestead patch which was the main heavy armour patch.

But overall @Blobsky as you have often said in your streams, snares are the real killer so i would personally have put those in the poll, zos needs more ways to cleanse snares that are accessible to more classes or to just nerf snares. While i agree that Sloads and defile and bleeds are all over performing, they are the worst when they are all combined and it should be sets zos makes the big changes to: duroks, sloads, master's DW and not complete skill lines ect.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Sloads... any half good player can beat defile

We don't all have OP damage shields.

No, Stam players. You just need to learn to how to deal with defile it’s not hard.

Okay, how do I deal with it then?

Block, los, dodge roll, purge... should I go on? Defile only lasts 6-10 sec, in durok’s case it’s when you attack.....so save your burst for the right time. This game is all timing and combos. And defile can only stack twice, Sloads on the other hand, the only counter play is to run or purge. It stacks multiple times .Just keep practicing you’ll get there.

Can't block curse, bleeds or PotL. Also I am stam so purge isn't an option. So yes, please do go on. Also the moves that aren't block-able are also not dodgeable.

Duroks isn't typically used by passive players, but very aggressive players. The only way to get these individuals to back off is to attack, and put them on the defensive. Your suggestion is not realistic.

Streak, invisible pots, put pressure on the person defiling you...... want more?

Don't have streak, and invisibility pots are useless since it's so easy to get pulled out. Applying pressure is the only thing I can do. With that said Defile takes away half of my healing; whereas Sloads only consumes 1/3 of my healing. Basic math concludes that Defile is more OP than Sloads with my build. If your build does not have good healing then of course Sloads is going to appear worse, but you need to change your build, and adapt rather than whine.

Do you think I wanted to wear Fortified Brass over Hundings rage or Hulking? Definitely not, but I had to in order to survive all the undodgeable attacks in this game.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Defile is fine, if anyone has trouble with it it’s a L2P issue plain and simple. Sloads stacks unlimited as far as I can tell and there are very few counters to it. Thus game should be about skill not sets.

What’s the counter to having 45% of your healing negated?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Defile is fine, if anyone has trouble with it it’s a L2P issue plain and simple. Sloads stacks unlimited as far as I can tell and there are very few counters to it. Thus game should be about skill not sets.

Have a purge bot as pocket healer.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Do you think I wanted to wear Fortified Brass over Hundings rage or Hulking? Definitely not, but I had to in order to survive all the undodgeable attacks in this game.

That's pretty much the thing behind every new changes in the meta:
    If something new gets implemented and people are forced to adapt (or die), they rather first complain before actually doing something in order to counter the issue which kills them most.
    I do agree that Sload's oblivion damage stacking is an issue in Battlegrounds and I would like to see something done for that, but otherwise I don't think Sload is so big deal compared to defile stacking builds.
    Edited by Fiktius on June 2, 2018 3:16PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Feanor wrote: »

Have a purge bot as pocket healer.

If the healer is using entropy for his spell damage buff then he can’t get rid of Duroks defile either. At least not for 36 seconds. Obviously 2v1 against similarly skilled players won’t go well, but in an even fight the side with aoe Defile should win most of the time.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 2, 2018 3:35PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Biased poll, as there is ALOT more in eso that is Far greater threat and Far more dangerous then the 3 you have mentioned here.

Name 3 individual things more dangerous than this list, I’ll wait

Soul assault, cloak, and sorcs
    :)

Q('.'Q)

will you quit hating on shields, learn to stun, god.

Sounds like you play a sorc and are super salty you can't just shield stack now lmao. Enjoy sloads buddy. I've been posting anti sorc builds for you to enjoy. Infused weapon woth oblivion enchant, torugs pact, and sloads is a FANTASTIC build. Keep on shield stacking, I dare you ;)

ok as long as we remove healing and reistances too, buddy ;)
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Biased poll, as there is ALOT more in eso that is Far greater threat and Far more dangerous then the 3 you have mentioned here.

Q('.'Q)

Funny thing about stun. When you CC the shield doesn't go away, unlike dodge rolling.

time it better, L2P, its not that hard to stun a sorc a few seconds after there shield is cat, see a clap, wait 3 seconds, stun
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just because it killed you does not mean it is broken.
    it means it is working as a counter to Broken builds. and is doing a Good job at helping make it fun for Everyone to Have fun iin PvP instead of just a small few.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiktius wrote: »

That's pretty much the thing behind every new changes in the meta:
    If something new gets implemented and people are forced to adapt (or die), they rather first complain before actually doing something in order to counter the issue which kills them most.
    I do agree that Sload's oblivion damage stacking is an issue in Battlegrounds and I would like to see something done for that, but otherwise I don't think Sload is so big deal compared to defile stacking builds.

this guy gets it.
    and so do many others of us, we are seeing the truth and we are adjusting our builds and skills and health points and magicka and stamina points to suit the current changes.
    the people who refuse to do that are the only ones complaining and crying for nerfs to an armor set.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    "Waahhh, I died to someone wearing _______ set! Zos plz nerf!"
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads

Sloads behaves like Valkyn Skoria.
    It has a 10% proc rate and if it procs again, in the middle of a proc, it will save and activate that proc once the cooldown is complete. In other words, Sloads has a 100% chance uptime. AND it procs on any damage at 10%....

Valkyn Skoria saves and activates its proc but it is not as OP as sloads because skoria requires DOTs at an 8% proc rate..
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads behaves like Valkyn Skoria.
    It has a 10% proc rate and if it procs again, in the middle of a proc, it will save and activate that proc once the cooldown is complete. In other words, Sloads has a 100% chance uptime. AND it procs on any damage at 10%....

Valkyn Skoria saves and activates its proc but it is not as OP as sloads because skoria requires DOTs at an 8% proc rate..

when i cast purge it removes sloads from me.
    the only time it stacks is when i try to fight Groups of people, and that is a good thing, because fighting a group of people SHOULD get me killed.
    it should not be easy to take out 4 people. those types of builds that can do that are broken and should not exist.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile

just because it killed you does not mean it is broken.
    it means it is working as a counter to Broken builds. and is doing a Good job at helping make it fun for Everyone to Have fun iin PvP instead of just a small few.

I’m actually running Durok’s on almost every class. It’s not because it’s killing me that it’s too strong, it’s because of my personal experience using this set that I know it’s overperforming. I even published a Duroks+Sloads mageblade build where I detail why i think it’s the meta and what I’m personally doing to counter Sload

I agree that healing is overperforming so defiles are necessary. However, because Befoul CP Star is so strong and sourcing defile from Durok’s is so efficient you end up with outlier situations which are unbalanced and should be toned down.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 2, 2018 5:55PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Befoul needs to be toned down and major/minor vitality need to be removed. Any skills losing out here will have to be buffed to compensate. ZOS just had to add in major vitality pots, which led to a super strong befoul being a necessary counter weight. Max amount anyone's healing should ever be reduced is 50%, and by the same token we shouldn't have damage builds with incredible healing from major vitality+mending.

How anyone can pick anything other than defile with befoul working the way it does is beyond me. So many sources of defile and such an insane scaling befoul has.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you purge sloads?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Can't you purge sloads?

short answer yes,

but,

long answer:
    heres the thing, in battlegrounds you are bieng hit by multiple people hitting you, so 1 purge may not remove all the dots from other users attacking you, but to be fair, sloads is the least of your worries when your being attacked by multiple people, because normaly if multiple people are attacking you, then you would normaly die anyway.

people dont want to adjust thier build and slot purge for defenses, instead they want to maintain MAX 100% Damage output and zero in defences, so when suggest purge to them they refuse and make threads here on forums saying the set is at fault, when in reality it is not the set of armor that is the problem, it is thier build.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Can't you purge sloads?

short answer yes,

but,

long answer:
    heres the thing, in battlegrounds you are bieng hit by multiple people hitting you, so 1 purge may not remove all the dots from other users attacking you, but to be fair, sloads is the least of your worries when your being attacked by multiple people, because normaly if multiple people are attacking you, then you would normaly die anyway.

people dont want to adjust thier build and slot purge for defenses, instead they want to maintain MAX 100% Damage output and zero in defences, so when suggest purge to them they refuse and make threads here on forums saying the set is at fault, when in reality it is not the set of armor that is the problem, it is thier build.

tl;tr: non magsorc or nonnb have to dont worry about this
    msorc or nb - purge wont help you even with single opponent because of many other debuffs with dots so git gud and l2p
    Edited by Edziu on June 3, 2018 12:38AM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Sloads no-CP

Defile CP
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Honestly as I play only as mag sorc (not really good in pvp), sload + duroks is major pain in the A. My only way of healing is surge and healing ward, out of which neither is very viable against neither of the sets (and I really dislike pets both in pvp and pve). Sload for me is like another shieldbreaker except this one works on everyone. Shieldbreaker is really pain already by itself, now these two sets on top of that? I am honestly scared to even enter pvp now or even battleground where I need to get ton of achievements...
    Edited by ArvenAldmeri on June 3, 2018 1:33AM
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    A little sad everyone is voting for sloads. Never heard of #healing .

There's been stronger procs in the past.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Q('.'Q)

Sounds like you play a sorc and are super salty you can't just shield stack now lmao. Enjoy sloads buddy. I've been posting anti sorc builds for you to enjoy. Infused weapon woth oblivion enchant, torugs pact, and sloads is a FANTASTIC build. Keep on shield stacking, I dare you ;)

ok as long as we remove healing and reistances too, buddy ;)

Bleeds/Defile. If shields had an easily accessibly soft counters, sort of like dots for block, there wouldn't be demand for things like SB/sloads and less salt around.

But either way, due to poor dev work when people ask for soft counters, the devs throw in aids and kill everything. Even the more balanced defenses with accessible counters like block, purge etc, have had overly hard counters implemented to the point that its miserable to play anything non zergily.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Blanco wrote: »
    A little sad everyone is voting for sloads. Never heard of #healing .

There's been stronger procs in the past.

well yeah, healling will make you survive for all with stacked dots 3k+ (no problem to get staked 5k dot tick from single player) dmg per sec with healing of 905 healt per sec on vigor and additional 600 heal/sec from rally in medium build with not working cloac > sload (similiar situation about shields - so mostly jsut mnb or msorc as I dont see anyone other competive running in light armor)

defile or not, heling wont give me a survive without main defense which is just cut off thanks to sload
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    All these "Nerf Sorc" and "Nerf NB" threads and no one bats an eye.
    Then ZOS gives us Sloads and everyone loses their minds!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    Sry for the necro but I have 2 PVP issues other than lag...incap and magsors. I rarely see Sloads.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with all of those named things (sloads, bleeds, defile) is, that the experienced players see those as strong, maybe have problems with it or also may deal with it. here on the forums rather the experienced players are active, meanwhile average players just play the game. now somebody said, that 1vX shouldnt exist and thanks to those sets the majority can have a good time in pvp. but this is just not the case. 1vX is possible based on skilllevel, not on sets and builds. those named sets make 1vX even more difficult. but the exactly same sets make pvp for everyone more difficult, not only for the experienced players. especially new players not even knowing what is happening all the time now have even less chance to get somewhere in pvp. a new player facing an experienced player results logically with the death of the new one. but thanks to those sets a new player doesnt even stand a chance against average players or other new players with those sets (and those sets are seen on new palyers too thanks to all those streamers hyping them up like crazy). so if those things are a bad experience for experineced players, which most likely can deal with it, are nightmares for new players. they now are forced to run in zergs, where they are kind of protected from those bad experiences, but when they once leave the zerg, they are dead. they wont have any good experiences outside of that, because they simply die without any chance to heal up or under constant pressure. they cant even learn anything from those experiences (only that they never should leave their zerg again).
    so if somebody sais, that we finally can have a good time thanks to those sets, because 1vXers finally die, is so much wrong. nobody has a good time, battlegrounds are not fun, small scale is no fun etc because of that. and most people dont want to zerg, because it is unsatisfying to always be carried by your zerg. there is no progression anymore like this; experienced players stay experienced and somehow manage to deal with that stuff, meanwhile every other players stagnates being a zergling or big group player, because developing in pvp means learning new things outside of the already known stuff. normal progressions in pvp starts with zerging, being part of a big guild group, going to small scale or ballgroup and finally to a state where you also can walk alone (not meaning alone in the zerg). so if any experience outside of groups is not possible due to those lets say cancer stuff, then pvp wont evolve anymore.

so please dont think about yourself when dealing with those things, because we here on the forum mostly will survive, adapt and deal with it. but 90% of the pvp community wont, because they have to rely on a big group with healing and purging and once alone, they are dead and have no chance to progress due to those bad experiences outside of their group.

Edit: the same goes for sets like zaan and caluurion too. people have a bad time because of those sets, because they dont know how to deal with them, not like most people in here.
    Edited by Checkmath on July 5, 2018 7:41AM