The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bleeds, Befoul or Sload?

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    I'd say for me it's bleeds, defile, Sload in that orders. Based on my build and preferred game mode.

Took a 7.6k in 4 ticks master bleed. Stacked with heavy weapons and twin blade/blunt.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Anastian wrote: »
    Tried it out. It's downright bonkers because you can consistently reapply it and it effectively reduces self-heals by half.

Hmmm... what?
    How does Sloads effectively reduce self-heals by half?

Consider a stamina character that primarily uses Vigor. Apply a dot that is extremely easy to maintain (10% to proc on any damage, so it procs on other dots as well etc) and that cannot be mitigated. Your vigor effectiveness is, at the end of the day, halved just by one set, which makes it difficult to counterplay (in a 1v1 scenario)
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Biased poll, as there is ALOT more in eso that is Far greater threat and Far more dangerous then the 3 you have mentioned here.

Actually those are the most dangerous.. Oblivion damage goes through all mitigation, bleeds ignore resistance, and defile + befoul cp makes your healing non existent. Idk what other "greater threat" you have in mind but those 3 are the most cancerous offensive things in eso pvp.

all ultimates, is another one, fall damage, the list is very long.
    just claiming that 3 things are the greatest and none other exist is just not true.
    oblivion damage cant be stoped but if you cast purge on the sloads set D.O.T. it will remove that D.O.T.

here we going again, again and again
    just cast purge to remove sload...but before your purge will remove 5 other dots before it will catch to remove sload
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    Overall bleeds are mostly work alone with a sustain or other defensive set, duroks and defiles too sloads alone is "fine" but when you combine all three, well thats terminal cancer over 9000
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish you added an all of the above vote option.

Simply because they all are overpowered and frustrating but for different reasons.

Duroks enables too much healing negation allowing for players to be carried by healing debuffs rather than actually using their skills appropriately.

Sloads its broken because it melts EVERYONE and as lexy says how it interacts with other mechanics (let alone the fact it can stack).

Bleeds are broken because they only have one form of mitigation and thats through CP but there are multiple bleed sources which are sometimes impossible too stop. Which is why battlegrounds is full of stamsorc bleed builds that ruin the matches and experience. Apart from running with a templar with purge or some other form of cleanse you will not have fun unless you're the one running the bleeds.

In hindsight bleeds are a lot like sloads in that regard but you can mitigate the damage of bleeds to an extent. Where as sloads has no form of mitigation whatsoever. I find that duroks is likely the worst offender overall but in tandem....consider what happens if you run both sloads, duroks and bleeds together...(Yeah I know you already did that for a video at least the first two). This was more for everyone else.

All 3 need to be dealt with to be honest.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on June 1, 2018 9:47AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Biased poll, as there is ALOT more in eso that is Far greater threat and Far more dangerous then the 3 you have mentioned here.
    This poll is a f****** joke.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them, if you ask me. But it doesn’t really matter. Cheese is the name of the game.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian, heavy Armor and minor mending/ vitality and you’ve pretty much negated Defile completely—even moreso in CP campaigns. Add major mending, plus healing sets and major vitality to the mix and you’ve negated PVP healing debuffs in general.

Problem is, people don’t like that they have to build for counter play and can’t just glass cannon nuke someone into the ground. Work on your build before blaming one set/ move. That’s a crutch and deflection for your inability to play and theorycraft.

Edit: I do not use or intend to use this set. Speaking from experience, it is ridiculously easy to counter via self healing or—even funnier—pulling mobs into the fight since Sload’s does not smart target.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on June 1, 2018 10:41AM
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    It has been talked about a lot, this post is just to trigger people I guess. Anyway: for me defile, then bleeds, then sload is the order, from worse to a bit better.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Argonian, heavy Armor and minor mending/ vitality and you’ve pretty much negated Defile completely—even moreso in CP campaigns. Add major mending, plus healing sets and major vitality to the mix and you’ve negated PVP healing debuffs in general.

Problem is, people don’t like that they have to build for counter play and can’t just glass cannon nuke someone into the ground. Work on your build before blaming one set/ move. That’s a crutch and deflection for your inability to play and theorycrafting.

The combination of Argonian with certain heavy Armour sets (or anything really) is quite the cheese as well. Of course you can negate defiles and debuffs completely. Not everyone likes to play a tanky character that needs to crutch on other cheese to get his kills though. Fighting cheese with cheese is possible but only further demonstrates the issues.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Problem is, people don’t like that they have to build for counter play and can’t just glass cannon nuke someone into the ground. Work on your build before blaming one set/ move. That’s a crutch and deflection for your inability to play and theorycrafting.

The combination of Argonian with certain heavy Armour sets (or anything really) is quite the cheese as well. Of course you can negate defiles and debuffs completely. Not everyone likes to play a tanky character that needs to crutch on other cheese to get his kills though. Fighting cheese with cheese is possible but only further demonstrates the issues.

What you call cheese is just effective use of stats, smart counterplay and min-maxing. There’s nothing cheese about using game mechanics to their intended advantage lol.

“Man goes to a race then complains that no one is walking to the finish line like he is. Cheaters! CHEEEEESE!”

/s
    Edited by Peekachu99 on June 1, 2018 10:46AM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds

What you call cheese is just effective use of stats, smart counterplay and min-maxing. There’s nothing cheese about using game mechanics to their intended advantage lol.

“Man goes to a race then complains that no one is walking to the finish line like he is. Cheaters! CHEEEEESE!”

/s

Feanor means here thats why people in pvp stack to groups target one people, and use such sets and mechanics like sloads + bleeds + defile
    so its like trying to cure cancer with cancer
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Daus wrote: »
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    Cost poisons.

Honestly this is probably worse than every item listed in the poll.

I’d rather fight with cost poisons on me than major defile. I’m confident under which circumstances I perform better.

@Anastian you’re telling me that “countering” half the healing from vigor alone is stronger than reducing 45% of all healing done? No sir.

@Peekachu99 actually, major vitality+Argonian in heavy is not enough to return your healing to pre-defile levels, you’ll still have something like a 46% healing modifier in Cyrodiil because defile is 45% reduced healing AFTER bonuses. My mageblade build with Heavy+Argonian+25% healing done/received(CP, set bonuses, Siphoning passives) has a defiled cloak heal of ~5k on a 9k tooltip. With 0 modifiers it’s a 11.5k heal, as you can see defile is stronger than you claim, if I drank a vitality pot and had a crit heal I’d negate most of the defile, but Major vitality either has really low uptime or huge opportunity cost because you sacrificed jewelry glyphs for potion cooldown. That’s still not counting I could never get back to my 13.5k+ crit heal before defile
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 1, 2018 11:08AM
  • Duiventeler
    Duiventeler
    Soul Shriven
    Defile
    Eso Propaganda @ Sloads
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about methods for mitigation: Over Healing, Shield Stacking, Cloak Spam, Perma-Blocking?

People forget how powerful top end pvp'ers have become. They run around with their Immortal Builds so people had to come up with counters.

Get some perspective and quit your whining.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Skoomah wrote: »
    How about methods for mitigation: Over Healing, Shield Stacking, Cloak Spam, Perma-Blocking?

People forget how powerful top end pvp'ers have become. They run around with their Immortal Builds so people had to come up with counters.

Get some perspective and quit your whining.

It’s not whining at all. In fact, best i can tell this is an emotionally neutral poll and you’re attaching the whining stigma to it when really it’s just an open discussion about 3 offensive threats(that’s why mitigation isn’t mentioned).

In general I think there’s a majority agreement that these specific things can be made to overperform. Taken alone none of them are so ridiculous that they must go, but when you min/max around the performance of one, or a combination of these things it allows you to apply a level of pressure that drastically exceeds reasonable expectations of survivability needs. That is to say, of course a 60k health tank build is able to tank until his group arrives, but a damage oriented player not using these can’t quite compete with an equally skilled damage oriented player using these. Especially should you stack multiple of them, or if you’ve got problematic interactions with sload(block heavy, shield stack, dodge roll reliant), or if you’re running a Heaing based build...

You see the point I’m making, no?

Edit: I’ve already mentioned this but I want to reiterate it again. Defile is problematic when stacked with befoul, but when your source it specifically from Durok’s where you’re able to consistently reapply it without using any GCDs it becomes a different thing entirely.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 1, 2018 11:48AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Peekachu99

Actually your analogy would be like this:

A couple of people equipping prosthetics so they are as fast as Usain Bolt in the race...
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The options are biased. Its not a complete discussion if you don't even have an option for the crazy mitigation methods. The poll and OP is cleverly trying to get the three listed options nerfed.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Peekachu99

A couple of people equipping prosthetics so they are as fast as Usain Bolt in the race...

Um, I’m married to an amputee, and you can’t just ‘equip’ a prosthetic lol. I have no idea what you’re trying to say in that analogy. What I said actually made sense in the English language.
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    @Peekachu99

And Usain Bolt can equip prosthetics too which would make him even faster than before, so everything is in order.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Cost poisons.

I’d rather fight with cost poisons on me than major defile. I’m confident under which circumstances I perform better.

@Anastian you’re telling me that “countering” half the healing from vigor alone is stronger than reducing 45% of all healing done? No sir.

@Peekachu99 actually, major vitality+Argonian in heavy is not enough to return your healing to pre-defile levels, you’ll still have something like a 46% healing modifier in Cyrodiil because defile is 45% reduced healing AFTER bonuses. My mageblade build with Heavy+Argonian+25% healing done/received(CP, set bonuses, Siphoning passives) has a defiled cloak heal of ~5k on a 9k tooltip. With 0 modifiers it’s a 11.5k heal, as you can see defile is stronger than you claim, if I drank a vitality pot and had a crit heal I’d negate most of the defile, but Major vitality either has really low uptime or huge opportunity cost because you sacrificed jewelry glyphs for potion cooldown. That’s still not counting I could never get back to my 13.5k+ crit heal before defile

No, in that example the 45% is with both MAJOR and MINOR defile active. If someone has that setup they literally have no damage 1v1 and can be easily avoided, CC’d or burst down in a group. Also, a Vitality pot lasts 13-15s (I’m away from the game and don’t remember), unless you haven’t maxed out your alchemy (then you shouldn’t be PVPING at all tbh). Furthermore, it can be easily cycled and or added with major mending for around 30s of +30% or +60% healing, plus speed or lingering health, too—trust me, it makes you unkillable. I do agree that Defile is a bit too strong, though removing it from the game as some of these people are crying for would be a terrible move.

What I would like to see is a simple consolidation of stats. I have no idea why we have three healing stats all of which affect slightly different aspects of healing. Just give us a “healing” stat and call it a day.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    Cost poisons.

No, in that example the 45% is with both MAJOR and MINOR defile active. If someone has that setup they literally have no damage 1v1 and can be easily avoided, CC’d or burst down in a group. Also, a Vitality pot lasts 13-15s (I’m away from the game and don’t remember), unless you haven’t maxed out your alchemy (then you shouldn’t be PVPING at all tbh). Furthermore, it can be easily cycled and or added with major mending for around 30s of +30% or +60% healing, plus speed or lingering health, too—trust me, it makes you unkillable. I do agree that Defile is a bit too strong, though removing it from the game as some of these people are crying for would be a terrible move.

What I would like to see is a simple consolidation of stats. I have no idea why we have three healing stats all of which affect slightly different aspects of healing. Just give us a “healing” stat and call it a day.

When stacking befoul you get 45% tooltip on Major Defile sir. Which invalidates literally all your arguements.

Edit: just wanted to add, I’m running 40k magika and 3000 spell damage on my Durok’s Mageblade build from Dragon Bones, which is tons of damage.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 1, 2018 1:12PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Peekachu99

Um, I’m married to an amputee, and you can’t just ‘equip’ a prosthetic lol. I have no idea what you’re trying to say in that analogy. What I said actually made sense in the English language.

Nvm. As we won’t agree on the topic anyway I’ll just slink back into the shadows. :)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads
    Bleeds and defile counter one type of defense each (armor mit and healing, respectively)

Oblivion counters a laundry list of defenses. I actually really like the interplay between bleeds and armor/defile and healing, though some specific sources and buffs (befoul CP star) need adjustment.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    They already nerfed bleed at one point.

Defile isn't used to by everyone in PvP because it doesn't necessarily need to be constantly applied and it just doesn't fit with some builds, but it is useful in its current state. Maybe in BGs, it's overused, but that is a different mode of PvP. Stop calling for nerfs to things that only affect one little slice of gameplay. If it gets nerfed for BGs, then it gets nerfed for mainstream PvP, and if it gets nerfed in PvP, then PvE can kiss it goodbye as well.

Sloads is a counter to Sorc shields and NB cloaks, and contrary to popular belief, there are actually ways to avoid and mitigate it. Not everyone will be running Sloads because it doesn't fit with every build, it doesn't give you resistance or anything else necessary in PvP and just makes you more of a glass cannon. So you can get the notion that "everyone in Cyrodiil will be running Sloads" out of your head.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    They already nerfed bleed at one point.

Defile isn't used to by everyone in PvP because it doesn't necessarily need to be constantly applied and it just doesn't fit with some builds, but it is useful in its current state. Maybe in BGs, it's overused, but that is a different mode of PvP. Stop calling for nerfs to things that only affect one little slice of gameplay. If it gets nerfed for BGs, then it gets nerfed for mainstream PvP, and if it gets nerfed in PvP, then PvE can kiss it goodbye as well.

Sloads is a counter to Sorc shields and NB cloaks, and contrary to popular belief, there are actually ways to avoid and mitigate it. Not everyone will be running Sloads because it doesn't fit with every build, it doesn't give you resistance or anything else necessary in PvP and just makes you more of a glass cannon. So you can get the notion that "everyone in Cyrodiil will be running Sloads" out of your head.

I only chose Defile because the other two are unneeded, but perhaps a slight nerf to defile wouldn't hurt. This whole poll is severely biased and set up to cleverly attempt to get all three of these things nerfed. However, I'd sooner have ZOS nerf poisons like the stat draining ones, as someone else mentioned.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    In other news, OP:

This poll is bad and you should feel bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »

Actually those are the most dangerous.. Oblivion damage goes through all mitigation, bleeds ignore resistance, and defile + befoul cp makes your healing non existent. Idk what other "greater threat" you have in mind but those 3 are the most cancerous offensive things in eso pvp.

all ultimates, is another one, fall damage, the list is very long.
    just claiming that 3 things are the greatest and none other exist is just not true.
    oblivion damage cant be stoped but if you cast purge on the sloads set D.O.T. it will remove that D.O.T.

here we going again, again and again
    just cast purge to remove sload...but before your purge will remove 5 other dots before it will catch to remove sload

if you are fighting a group of four in battle grounds and they are all wearing sloads, well, then Yeah its not gona purge because they are all procing on your because your fighting a group of them.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defile
    why not both?
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Name 3 individual things more dangerous than this list, I’ll wait

Soul assault, cloak, and sorcs
    :)

Q('.'Q)