The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    When it's 2018 and people still be dropping your name in ESO forums.

SMH Feelzweirdman
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Speaking of transmute crystals, has anyone discovered that any of the new jewlery traits are noticeably worth it over max stats?

I’ve been watching for a BIS post and haven’t seen that but I have seen people posting some nasty ultimate synergies in death recap from the one. Infused probably has an argument to be pretty good with weapon/spell damage glyphs and tristat traits are in the same category as the are for armor. Depends on what you need

Haven’t really tested all out myself yet because I’ve become pretty casual. I’m not beating good players either way, nor losing to bad ones because of it. At least not yet
    Edited by technohic on June 15, 2018 10:18AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko , mathematically the infused weapon/spell damage jewelry and glyph combos are a few percentage points better than arcane/robust. These make a significantly larger impact in no-CP/BGs, but it’s like a 3% difference in CP and roughly 5-6% difference in no-CP IIRC. That percent difference improves a tiny bit for things like Templar for spell damage or DK for weapon damage, but it’s only adding an additional percent for performance.

I think on classes that depend heavily on their stamina and weave like magNB and magsorc things like infused cost reduction glyphs are invaluable to sustain and easily allow you to recoup that damage by running 2x damage sets while eschewing sustain in the form of Lich. The only problem is that Lich enables gearing where you can run something like a perfected asylum Destro. IMO, it becomes an easy swap with something like riposte where you’re just running offensive and defensive combos.

Infused potion cooldown glyphs are stupid strong on builds that are argonian and can regain that lost damage by other means like building fury/7th stacks.

Triune is mathematically superior to arcane/healthy/robust on builds that depend on their off stat like block-intensive magicka classes and stambuilds other than stamwarden.

Swift is pretty strong, but I haven’t played around with that yet. Just reporting that others have had positive experiences.

Protective is undersold for things like medium armor.

Harmony is the most group-specific by a huge margin, but it’s very strong in a coordinated context. Just it’s uncommon anyone is going to do that. It’s also pretty difficult for most people to test and evaluate objectively. All I know is that I’ve done some silly things with it.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Vapirko , mathematically the infused weapon/spell damage jewelry and glyph combos are a few percentage points better than arcane/robust. These make a significantly larger impact in no-CP/BGs, but it’s like a 3% difference in CP and roughly 5-6% difference in no-CP IIRC. That percent difference improves a tiny bit for things like Templar for spell damage or DK for weapon damage, but it’s only adding an additional percent for performance.

I think on classes that depend heavily on their stamina and weave like magNB and magsorc things like infused cost reduction glyphs are invaluable to sustain and easily allow you to recoup that damage by running 2x damage sets while eschewing sustain in the form of Lich. The only problem is that Lich enables gearing where you can run something like a perfected asylum Destro. IMO, it becomes an easy swap with something like riposte where you’re just running offensive and defensive combos.

Infused potion cooldown glyphs are stupid strong on builds that are argonian and can regain that lost damage by other means like building fury/7th stacks.

Triune is mathematically superior to arcane/healthy/robust on builds that depend on their off stat like block-intensive magicka classes and stambuilds other than stamwarden.

Swift is pretty strong, but I haven’t played around with that yet. Just reporting that others have had positive experiences.

Protective is undersold for things like medium armor.

Harmony is the most group-specific by a huge margin, but it’s very strong in a coordinated context. Just it’s uncommon anyone is going to do that. It’s also pretty difficult for most people to test and evaluate objectively. All I know is that I’ve done some silly things with it.

Interesting, probably gonna play around with some different traits on my mag sorc.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think infused cost reduction will really benefit you there if you’re doing crushing shock weaves.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adeonma summarized it pretty good. Any build I use that uses Bone Pirate, I run all weapon damage enchants, at least one infused (sometimes two) and then a flex spot of robust or swift. With the ability to transmute Prisoner's Rags, it has made my StamSorc really fun to play. Already loved the class but now it's even better.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adeonma summarized it pretty good. Any build I use that uses Bone Pirate, I run all weapon damage enchants, at least one infused (sometimes two) and then a flex spot of robust or swift. With the ability to transmute Prisoner's Rags, it has made my StamSorc really fun to play. Already loved the class but now it's even better.

You’re running prisoners and bp?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re running prisoners and bp?

That is one build I've been running since Summerset. All weapon damage enchants with at least one infused, tooltip is very respectful considering no "real" weapon damage sets (Clever Alch. Automations, etc).
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys notice a difference in how things are played when going to Vivec compared to Shor? I mean in situations all things being equal. Its harder to push a breach in Vivec but then in an open field with a smallish (by Vivec Standards) group fight breaks out, I find it easier to survive. Is it just being built more for those huge siege fights while here you have guys that are built to just fight?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I missed the memo there was a gvg event in shor tonight. Spent an hour trying to 2 man groups of sloads and overloading emp powered ad. Good fun I guess. Kinda sucks when an event takes over Saturday night pvp though.

Also we really need to talk about what AD is doing to this campaign. It’s worse than the EP capping.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 17, 2018 2:21AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Do you guys notice a difference in how things are played when going to Vivec compared to Shor? I mean in situations all things being equal. Its harder to push a breach in Vivec but then in an open field with a smallish (by Vivec Standards) group fight breaks out, I find it easier to survive. Is it just being built more for those huge siege fights while here you have guys that are built to just fight?

The general quality of player in vivec is pretty low. But they’re more spammy with abilities like bubbles. So open world they’re pretty pathetic but on a break they spam their brains out.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The general quality of player in vivec is pretty low. But they’re more spammy with abilities like bubbles. So open world they’re pretty pathetic but on a break they spam their brains out.

This. When I was in Vivec last week I noticed if you find a couple people out by them self or if they're not sticking close to their zerg, they are super easy to pick off. A lot of Vivec people are so used to not having to worry about self sustaining resources and heals, while also having decent damage.

If 15-20% of Vivec population would just come over to Shor it would be better for everyone. I don't understand why people insist to only play Vivec. It's such garbage server performance with that many people.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. When I was in Vivec last week I noticed if you find a couple people out by them self or if they're not sticking close to their zerg, they are super easy to pick off. A lot of Vivec people are so used to not having to worry about self sustaining resources and heals, while also having decent damage.

If 15-20% of Vivec population would just come over to Shor it would be better for everyone. I don't understand why people insist to only play Vivec. It's such garbage server performance with that many people.

I went in there today after Shor was just kinda dead. It was unreal. The performance was... well I’m not sure how people play like that all the time. I don’t understand how ZOS can ignore it and how people put up with it. I got the sprint bug every few minutes, bubbles are everywhere all the time. Pushing to a back flag is just impossible, there is so much aoe damage, so many snares, bubbles constantly, it basically just becomes a fight for who can lag a little less in order to get that one extra ult in or whatever.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Y'all need to get more ass or something. So grumpy. Also: in before some idiot who doesn't play this game says "People still play this game"?

Do people still play this game?
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it has to do with some come but not enough to make an even effort on both sides, so when their large guild rolls the server midday, they feel it may always be like that and go back.

I mean; I’ve even went to Vivec in the day time. Don’t really feel like showing up alone at a resource to just get ganked or Xv1ed while being negated my NPCs nor show up with numbers and chase someone around the tower either . That’s pretty much what happens. I went Zerg surfing in stead and looked for stragglers.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you post in this thread, or lurk frequently, and are a Father: Happy Fathers Day Shor Daddys!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apoxsee wrote: »
    Hey @Grimlock_S

What EP groups are doing the flipping daytime hrs? Is it oceanics? Or just your standard Emp flipping nonsense?

@Apoxsee I don't think there's any guild association, but I could be wrong.

Just a handful of players more coordinated than the daytime AD.. After losing chal+ brk the AD seem to log if they can't find any fun on the DC side either.
    Then it's just an easy sweep for the EP since by that point DC has also mostly logged, generally frustrated from trying to 2v10 the snipe army inside their level 5 DC trikeeps.

Great AP when it works, though!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally agree with deadly. For a 'small scale faction' we sure do zerg the sh*t outta this thread, lul.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Generally agree with deadly. For a 'small scale faction' we sure do zerg the sh*t outta this thread, lul.

Dc is not a “small scale” faction, at least anymore than AD. I was EP and went to AD so I could get more small scale, this is in relation shor. And EP zergs only rear their pugy heads when it appears they can pvdoor. It’s why they always attack the faction not focusing them, because their zergs will always lose to dc or ad groups... They usually hide in IC when they start losing too. Watch and learn their pattern and you’ll find good fights more often.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »
    Y'all need to get more ass or something. So grumpy. Also: in before some idiot who doesn't play this game says "People still play this game"?

Do people still play this game?

Well played Tipsy
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette damn mate, looks like we got another week (or eternity) to find out whether Artaeum Takeaway Broth is a food or a drink or some unknown substance.

On another note, the ongoing PvP performance issues remain ignored for yet another patch.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette damn mate, looks like we got another week (or eternity) to find out whether Artaeum Takeaway Broth is a food or a drink or some unknown substance.

On another note, the ongoing PvP performance issues remain ignored for yet another patch.

Go figure. ZoS is reliably unreliable when it comes to something new they add and it doesn't even work as intended. Maybe one of these days it will get fixed..
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go figure. ZoS is reliably unreliable when it comes to something new they add and it doesn't even work as intended. Maybe one of these days it will get fixed..

Coming soon, to a Q3 2018 near you!
    (October)
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Coming soon, to a Q3 2018 near you!
    (October)

But how many crowns will it cost?
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Another shameless video plug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQcO8ygnOU
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .Looks good @Sylphie , I see you've gone destro/resto as well, and that you've also seen the joys of empowering chains ;)

A couple surprising things to me, maybe this is from playing my mdk mainly on sotha instead of shor, or just being AD...it's surprising that you were fighting these guys right outside of their keep and not one of them went back inside and put up a scattershot AND meatbag. This has been my experience at least. Maybe you have a lot of those situations as well and didn't include them lol.

I've been able to run my magdk in groups of 3-6 with some success, though the general preference of many to siege smaller numbers instead of using actual skills to fight even with a free respawn nearby can get frustrating. Especially if you don't have any templar friends nearby to lay down a ritual. But props for sticking it out and kicking some tail.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    .Looks good @Sylphie , I see you've gone destro/resto as well, and that you've also seen the joys of empowering chains ;)

A couple surprising things to me, maybe this is from playing my mdk mainly on sotha instead of shor, or just being AD...it's surprising that you were fighting these guys right outside of their keep and not one of them went back inside and put up a scattershot AND meatbag. This has been my experience at least. Maybe you have a lot of those situations as well and didn't include them lol.

I've been able to run my magdk in groups of 3-6 with some success, though the general preference of many to siege smaller numbers instead of using actual skills to fight even with a free respawn nearby can get frustrating. Especially if you don't have any templar friends nearby to lay down a ritual. But props for sticking it out and kicking some tail.

Thanks! It's nice being somewhat mobile with chains and having the free stamina to dodge roll.

They probably figured they wouldn't need the meatbag since I'm already being defiled into oblivion with all the sloads+durok users on me lol.

@Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of DBoS’ that went missing and the number of sprint bugs I got in shor today was horrendous. For a while I was getting the sprint bug every few rotations, it’s so bad.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting a thing where I go to drink a potion, it makes a noise, but if I look down the potion is not used and not on cool down.

Then there’s an issue of characters disappearing usually in fast movement just for a split second. That’s even more annoying if some ally comes spamming a pull.

I keep harping on how they need to skip a quarterly content update to just focus on fixes and balance. The more they rush to meet this cadence, the worse the game is getting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I keep getting a thing where I go to drink a potion, it makes a noise, but if I look down the potion is not used and not on cool down.

Then there’s an issue of characters disappearing usually in fast movement just for a split second. That’s even more annoying if some ally comes spamming a pull.

I keep harping on how they need to skip a quarterly content update to just focus on fixes and balance. The more they rush to meet this cadence, the worse the game is getting

I got a 1v1 a few days ago and the guy was flashing in and out as if moving through instances. Was definitely not cloak and not an invisibility pot, it was happening in reallt quick flashes. So weird. Summerset definitely has mroe regular and very noticeable bugs than any patch I can remember.