The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Lol. That scroll though. We took it all over Cyrodiil last night.

My group was cracking up about that last night. It was making a Crodiil tour. That's for sure.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Lol. That scroll though. We took it all over Cyrodiil last night.

My group was cracking up about that last night. It was making a Crodiil tour. That's for sure.

Yeah November didnt want to take it all the way to the temple when there were fights to be had. It was good fun.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man You come here and you get zerged down by 15-20 every now and then. Go to Vivec and you wind up in 30 v 30 for a little more balanced, but then crash. They really need to fix the game.
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    man You come here and you get zerged down by 15-20 every now and then. Go to Vivec and you wind up in 30 v 30 for a little more balanced, but then crash. They really need to fix the game.

You don't expect them to spend money and man power on PvP though do you?
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

You don't expect them to spend money and man power on PvP though do you?

No. Lost cause
    Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Pretty sure I'll catch flak for saying this even though everyone else is saying it too, but AD killing the campaign.

That would make 2 of the 3 vet camps dominated by the same faction. I understand that AD was the underdogs back before Krotha pushed for partnership, but thats been months ago and I'm not sure what hte motivating drive is anymore for AD to do the things theyre doing.

Just to add onto what others have been saying, this is last night:

Screenshot_20180628_210539.jpg

We logged shortly after despite news that DC pugs had rallied and summoned a formidable zerg. ..

Shor is on life support. I feel like i've been hanging onto a dream and I was a fool. Going to be trying out Sotha and Vivec over the weekend now that I can play during those times.

I'd say it's been real fun guys, but it wasnt.

AD has definitely been killing this campaign since they became the dominant precense on the server. Constantly camping both DC’s and EP’s trikeeps even when they own all the scrolls. Its seriously bad sportsmanship the way many players on the faction have been acting over the last few months.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talked to Blue Canoe the other day and from what i gathered, there doesnt seem to be any specific or centralized motivation for AD. Seems like legit PUG mentality of “winning the campaign” and holding the map. It seemed like, at least from his perspective, it was your Alliance’s aim to hold the most territory and the gate keep fighting is because that’s where the fight is at that time.

They fully expect it to happen to them, and are just playing the game that way.

/shrug. I think i convinced him to lay off tri keeps but that honestly goes for everybody because if we all dont do it, it wont work.

FYI: if you arent familiar, Blue Canoe is probably the most pomjnent day time pug herder for AD on Shor.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    NobleX35 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I'll catch flak for saying this even though everyone else is saying it too, but AD killing the campaign.

That would make 2 of the 3 vet camps dominated by the same faction. I understand that AD was the underdogs back before Krotha pushed for partnership, but thats been months ago and I'm not sure what hte motivating drive is anymore for AD to do the things theyre doing.

We logged shortly after despite news that DC pugs had rallied and summoned a formidable zerg. ..

Shor is on life support. I feel like i've been hanging onto a dream and I was a fool. Going to be trying out Sotha and Vivec over the weekend now that I can play during those times.

AD has definitely been killing this campaign since they became the dominant precense on the server. Constantly camping both DC’s and EP’s trikeeps even when they own all the scrolls. Its seriously bad sportsmanship the way many players on the faction have been acting over the last few months.

You must be new to Shor, of course AD is pissed and responded, DC and EP did the same thing to AD since Shor was a thing up until 2 months ago. Suck it up buttercup.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

You must be new to Shor, of course AD is pissed and responded, DC and EP did the same thing to AD since Shor was a thing up until 2 months ago. Suck it up buttercup.

Here it is folks. This is a definitive sign of a dead campaign: arguing about which faction is most to blame for the currently dominant faction's unhealthy behavior.

It doesn't matter; the campaign dead as it is, and if there's an alliance that has a chance to have a positive impact on it right now by changing their behavior, it's AD. But it's more important to argue about who did the bad first.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL who is this guy???
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, this whole week when I've been on I have told zone chat to stay off Tri Keeps and don't camp. From what I've seen it's random pugs that push into the Tri Keeps this week.

Of course if their is a scroll to be captured the Tri Keeps are fair game. I know some AD said they don't care since Fengrush came to Shor Saturday and was at the Temples farming kills.
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, this whole week when I've been on I have told zone chat to stay off Tri Keeps and don't camp.

It's worth a lot, and much appreciated. need more of you, holding up that banner
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭

Ive been playing on shor for the last year and a half, and while I wont deny that the occassional gate camp occured it was not nearly as frequent as AD has done the past few months. Also what mind of message does that send? You were so butthurt about being the lowest pop faction for so long that you now have to kill the campaign because you have the most numbers?

Sometime lastweek AD emp was camping Farragaut and KC even though AD already had the scrolls...took forever for enough EP to get on just to get the gate keeps back.
    Edited by NobleX35 on July 2, 2018 9:02PM
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talked to Blue Canoe the other day and from what i gathered, there doesnt seem to be any specific or centralized motivation for AD. Seems like legit PUG mentality of “winning the campaign” and holding the map. It seemed like, at least from his perspective, it was your Alliance’s aim to hold the most territory and the gate keep fighting is because that’s where the fight is at that time.

They fully expect it to happen to them, and are just playing the game that way.

/shrug. I think i convinced him to lay off tri keeps but that honestly goes for everybody because if we all dont do it, it wont work.

FYI: if you arent familiar, Blue Canoe is probably the most pomjnent day time pug herder for AD on Shor.

I wouldn’t trust Blue Canoe personally. He’s frequently part of small AD zergs, and it’s not usually just randoms, it’s the same people, sometimes with Emp, who push tri keeps against 1-3 DC with as many as 10-15 people. They were doing the same to EP when I saw a couple of siege on their home keeps AD went right over and crushed it out. Not to get scrolls, just to take keeps. This probably happens around 6-9am EST? +/- a couple hours. If you ask him about it he usually responds with some bs like just try to have fun. Not to mention many frequent memembers of that group are Xv1 tbaggers and horrible players. Unfortunately I doubt you’ll get them to lay off tri keeps off hours. I think at least half of them have me on block :D
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue Canoe is pretty genuine about everything. They're a nice person and they just enjoy taking keeps/working with other players on their alliance. They're super puggy (type X in zone for an invite) and generally all bad players - I don't think any of the folks that join that group are going to say they're good players.

I don't see why it's BS to say that he's just trying to have fun.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Blue Canoe is pretty genuine about everything. They're a nice person and they just enjoy taking keeps/working with other players on their alliance. They're super puggy (type X in zone for an invite) and generally all bad players - I don't think any of the folks that join that group are going to say they're good players.

Well put it this way. You come into a campaign to try and take back your tri keeps with maybe 3 people, and 10-15 AD come and snipe spam and soul assault you down. Then you ask about it and get told that you should just try to have fun. Blue may or may not be genuine about it, and I’m sure they’re a nice person irl, but telling someone to try and have fun when your zerging their tri keeps is pretty ironic. If they enjoy taking keeps so much at that time of day why don’t they go to Vivec and then come back when there’s at least some competition? That group isn’t interested in PvP, they quit at the first sign of real resistance. I think they come to Shor and push tri keeps at that hour because they just want the AP without having to play at all. If DC were doing that regularly people would be up in arms about it. And they’ve been at it for a loooong time. If they want to defend ring keeps that’s fine, but they’ve been told that zerging tri keeps off hours isn’t wanted and they have shown many, many times that they don’t care. So as far as I’m concerned nothing they agree to or say should be trusted, unless their actions show otherwise.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In many parts of life, taking the easiest route to having fun in the moment is incompatible with maximizing fun in the mid- to long term. This is especially true when we're talking about maximizing the fun of each member of a group, not just an individual's.

A Cyrodiil campaign is like that. It may be more fun in the moment to go stack as many AD as you can at DC's home keeps, but in the long run, that contributes to poor campaign health, which means less fun for everybody.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play. But this is just a fact about this game's dynamics. I do think that players who make decisions in the light of those dynamics are more respectable players than those who just play in the moment. This game is only as fun as we -- all three alliances -- collectively make it.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We left shore tonight there was no even fights to really be had tonight ... We went to Vevic and we logged after about 1 hr the lag was so bad ... Abilities and bar switching did not work total trash play over there !!!! I really wish they lower the pop over there again make this server a 30 day and have 2 servers ....

But as it stands now PVP in this game is broke ... Either you play on an stable unbalanced server or you play in a unstable server where you cannot use certain abilities due to latency....

I wish there was game play of PVP at E3 ... This should be embarrassing ....
    Edited by Durham on July 3, 2018 3:48AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

In many parts of life, taking the easiest route to having fun in the moment is incompatible with maximizing fun in the mid- to long term. This is especially true when we're talking about maximizing the fun of each member of a group, not just an individual's.

A Cyrodiil campaign is like that. It may be more fun in the moment to go stack as many AD as you can at DC's home keeps, but in the long run, that contributes to poor campaign health, which means less fun for everybody.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play. But this is just a fact about this game's dynamics. I do think that players who make decisions in the light of those dynamics are more respectable players than those who just play in the moment. This game is only as fun as we -- all three alliances -- collectively make it.

I totally agree with this. When I’m in the campaign I discourage people from pushing tri keeps in zone, but I’d be a liar if I said I hadn’t gone to a couple to get juicy D ticks early morning.

For the worse, the AD pug groups aren’t thinking long term at all - they’re all in on immediate release. Vivec in off hours feels unbalanced to a lot of them and they feel like getting a W contributes most to their happiness. If I were a newer player, I’d probably feel similarly.

Unfortunately, I think that problems like this can be solved with a better system of dynamic population caps. That may necessitate more campaigns so there’s an always-available slot, but I think we could “unmarry” ourselves from the campaign rewards system for home vs guest campaign systems and reward generically for performance/leaderboard status in both 7 day and 30 day campaigns. It would allow for people to spread out and not worry about losing out on pushing for gold mats, etc while keeping servers balanced and equivalently populated. Best part would be you’d get both 30 day and 7 day rewards, which would help out the wallets of dedicated PvPers and make the financial burden of potions a little less so. Worst part is that I have no clue how you’d make emperorship work besides keeping it based on campaign specific leaderboards which really bones the whole concept.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This made me proud, Caspar. All this talk of personal responsibility and how you play can affect the long term environment of a campaign is precisely what I've been saying all along.

Just not as nicely ;)

As one of my Deputies, you may graduate to Sheriff soon.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In another game forum, I recently heard someone describe ESO PVP as noob zergs and salty old players. :|

Shor/Haderus/Azura's/older 7 day campaigns have had many cycles of faction dominance. For whatever reason, the AD cycle always seems to be to worst and the longest, but it's not like DC and EP haven't happily gate camped.

Unfortunately nothing in the game design helps the non-dominant faction, in fact it's the opposite. You can't rely on the player hive mind to do the right thing, especially novice players who are looking at multiple quests telling them to go do the very things that make it a campaign worse.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The other day my wife said "you keep trying to make friends with the people you're fighting, are you supposed to do that?"

I can't be a sheriff, I'd just pass out candy.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @casparian , I’ll happily accept your candy.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Stay off the tri-keeps and meet me at Bleaks for Snickers bars!"
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

could it be Rum instead????
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

could it be Rum instead????

Keep it hush-hush Wolf; that stuff gets expensive.
    Options
  • CaptPlu
    CaptPlu
    Soul Shriven
    FWIW, this whole week when I've been on I have told zone chat to stay off Tri Keeps and don't camp. From what I've seen it's random pugs that push into the Tri Keeps this week.

Of course if their is a scroll to be captured the Tri Keeps are fair game. I know some AD said they don't care since Fengrush came to Shor Saturday and was at the Temples farming kills.

Nice lie, I in fact have screenshots of you camping Gate, ....and waiting till the 4-6 EP are on flags @ KC /Fara ,taking a keep and 20-30 AD wiping us for that D-tick, perhaps you should move over to gardening with the *** you spew
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaptPlu wrote: »

Nice lie, I in fact have screenshots of you camping Gate, ....and waiting till the 4-6 EP are on flags @ KC /Fara ,taking a keep and 20-30 AD wiping us for that D-tick, perhaps you should move over to gardening with the *** you spew

Well, a bit of a conversation with Baylor happened behind the scenes in a Discord I want to say last wednesday (6/27). The result of that was Baylor and a few others agreeing to be more respectful of the campaign. Because honestly, Baylor is a pretty nice guy. So if you've witnessed the above behavior prior to the 27th of June, that would line up.

People say I come in hot, but i get results. You're welcome.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaptPlu wrote: »

Early on in the campaign grinding AP perhaps since those were the only fights. But later in the week I stayed off tri keeps. In fact I was fighting on home keep resources for a long time before moving to the sewers to let DC capture things on the map.

I told Rickter several times I would personally stay away from Tri Keeps and I think he will verify that he didn't see me there unless it was scrolls.
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where was everyone tonight? Shor was absolutely dead aside from a handful of DC and varying numbers of AD and then eventually a smallish EP Zerg.
    Options