Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took one look at the AD emp today and logged out immediately :D
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one appreciate someone who epitomizes the AD archetype... the guy who snipes when 2 m away from you. Repeatedly.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe right now is my source of major defile so I kind of get it. Kind of sucks though when someone is in your face. Switch between bow and 1h shield for that but bow is nice when it gets zergy
    Edited by technohic on June 25, 2018 10:41AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    The amount of DBoS’ that went missing and the number of sprint bugs I got in shor today was horrendous. For a while I was getting the sprint bug every few rotations, it’s so bad.

Yeah, my DBoS was doing its best impression of a disappearing act this weekend too. Very frustrating.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of DBoS’ that went missing and the number of sprint bugs I got in shor today was horrendous. For a while I was getting the sprint bug every few rotations, it’s so bad.

Yeah, my DBoS was doing its best impression of a disappearing act this weekend too. Very frustrating.

Stamina really crutches off that stun and blast of damage from DBoS, having it go missing at that crucial turn and burn moment is really devestating, especially with the amount of incoming damage these days. On mag sorc I feel like I can just shield up and re set, stamina feels like a real chore to stay alive between DBoS bursts.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread? lol
    Edited by technohic on June 25, 2018 4:25PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor really sucks if you're just looking for open world PvP. It seems that whenever I am solo I get run down by groups who will chase a single player surprisingly far. Then when I duo with someone the "elite" 1vXers don't have their friends on demand that everyone drop their groups, form a line, and duel them.

Duo is just much better than solo these days, and most of these guys will run me down next time they see me in their group of 4 streamers, so stfu and take the death on the nose. About to PvP in offline mode by default now.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor really sucks if you're just looking for open world PvP. It seems that whenever I am solo I get run down by groups who will chase a single player surprisingly far. Then when I duo with someone the "elite" 1vXers don't have their friends on demand that everyone drop their groups, form a line, and duel them.

Duo is just much better than solo these days, and most of these guys will run me down next time they see me in their group of 4 streamers, so stfu and take the death on the nose. About to PvP in offline mode by default now.

I always enjoy the elites who think it’s fine to Xv1 but fly off the handle if the same thing happens to them. Their justification is always that they don’t need a group to beat you so it’s fine lol. Man is it easy to get them riled up. But I agree duo is wayyyy more fun than solo these days. Solo is generally just a lot of pain and no gain.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I keep getting a thing where I go to drink a potion, it makes a noise, but if I look down the potion is not used and not on cool down.

I've found the only way this patch to consistently get potions to fire this patch is to treat them like a skill (i.e., don't try to hit them at the same time as any skill/dodgeroll etc.--give them their own GCD).

Which sucks if you use potions as part of a reflexive recovery from burst, as it extends your time chilling in execute range.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always enjoy the elites who think it’s fine to Xv1 but fly off the handle if the same thing happens to them. Their justification is always that they don’t need a group to beat you so it’s fine lol. Man is it easy to get them riled up. But I agree duo is wayyyy more fun than solo these days. Solo is generally just a lot of pain and no gain.

It would be fine if there was a decent population on more of the time. But it's either crickets or salt mining with only a few rare instances of good open world battles. Prolly time to move back to lagfest Vivec.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    DC was pop locked last night at around 10 to 11 ish est. So gratz

It would be fine if there was a decent population on more of the time. But it's either crickets or salt mining with only a few rare instances of good open world battles. Prolly time to move back to lagfest Vivec.

Or it's LOM in their Zerghealball running 30+ with 1/2 of them templars all spaming timestop and bol. Truly the worst guild on the DC faction rn.
    Edited by Phreeki on June 25, 2018 11:59PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp @Phreeki I dont think thats going to change any time soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKDNQYIGPw
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it not cool to communicate in in DC zone chat anymore or something? Also is just me or is it primarily the core AD “elites” who enjoy zerging people down and then justifying it somehow even though they have emp and their zerg is running over the map.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it not cool to communicate in in DC zone chat anymore or something? Also is just me or is it primarily the core AD “elites” who enjoy zerging people down and then justifying it somehow even though they have emp and their zerg is running over the map.

I just dont think there are enough DC, man. Like, idk when LoM was zerging, but thats not indicative of the day to day on Shor. its a once in a while thing.

Like, Requiem is mainly off the table. I had a group of 7 tonight which rapidly dropped to 5 and we were just having fun. So i really dont know what other groups are out there anymore. I think Call to Glory is still pug herding. I can get you in touch with their GM. but i mean, what are you looking for?

Are you always solo? if so, why?

A lot of people whom i see burn out from ESO at least in pvp, are those burdened with immense frustration of feeling ineffective in pvp which being solo is a large contributing factor.

Think about it, you got no core group of friends to motivate you to log in. you solo queue BGs and get sloaded to death, you solo open world and get zerged and cant do anything about it because youre by yourself, you try and tel var farm but you get zerged and lose your stones.

Like, this is not a game meant for solo. unless you are willing to put in the extra effort and willpower to overcome what i just listed.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

I just dont think there are enough DC, man. Like, idk when LoM was zerging, but thats not indicative of the day to day on Shor. its a once in a while thing.

Like, Requiem is mainly off the table. I had a group of 7 tonight which rapidly dropped to 5 and we were just having fun. So i really dont know what other groups are out there anymore. I think Call to Glory is still pug herding. I can get you in touch with their GM. but i mean, what are you looking for?

A lot of people whom i see burn out from ESO at least in pvp, are those burdened with immense frustration of feeling ineffective in pvp which being solo is a large contributing factor.

Think about it, you got no core group of friends to motivate you to log in. you solo queue BGs and get sloaded to death, you solo open world and get zerged and cant do anything about it because youre by yourself, you try and tel var farm but you get zerged and lose your stones.

Like, this is not a game meant for solo. unless you are willing to put in the extra effort and willpower to overcome what i just listed.

I do actually run duo a lot, and I know that’s not the best but we play a Templar healer + stamina warden combo and have a lot of fun. I just don’t know if many good small scale PvP guilds playing on AU or Asia time. I tried one or two but it just wasn’t my style of play, a little too zergy.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do actually run duo a lot, and I know that’s not the best but we play a Templar healer + stamina warden combo and have a lot of fun. I just don’t know if many good small scale PvP guilds playing on AU or Asia time. I tried one or two but it just wasn’t my style of play, a little too zergy.

yeah i know youre on Asian time, and thats not really when Requiem runs otherwise i'd say you were more than welcome to try us out. but small scale in ESO right now is very sparse and difficult. I dont really know of the main guilds on Shor anymore. I know Guardians of Daggerfall, GM: Nicholas5934 was planning on moving to the serve but i think the populations didnt really support them because i didnt see them too much last week or tonight.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭

lol that's disgusting.
    I stand by my previous statement.
    LOM worst DC guild NA.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phreeki wrote: »

lol that's disgusting.
    I stand by my previous statement.
    LOM worst DC guild NA.

Lol, my understanding of this whole event is that its kind of a joke to highlight what Cyrodiil has become.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not enough DC because zone chat is dead for the most part. The organized groups don't say what they're doing, or what they're doing isn't super productive most of the time. We lack a medium-large guild with a constant presence. Doesn't look like anyone ever pug wrangles either. It's at its most extreme in Shor but it's more or less the same in Sotha and even Vivec.

Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let me know when this zerg arrives in Cyro @Rickter
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several comments that were baiting in nature and off topic. This is a reminder to keep comments relevant to the thread topic. Engaging another forum member in a back and forth only derails the thread. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i know youre on Asian time, and thats not really when Requiem runs otherwise i'd say you were more than welcome to try us out. but small scale in ESO right now is very sparse and difficult. I dont really know of the main guilds on Shor anymore. I know Guardians of Daggerfall, GM: Nicholas5934 was planning on moving to the serve but i think the populations didnt really support them because i didnt see them too much last week or tonight.

GoD has been in Vivec past two nights, running Dreadlords-sized. If they went head-to-head with Dreads, both might have some fun fights. But I am not sure Dread homes Shor anymore; lots of Dreads tabards in Vivec.

This weekend I checked Shor a few times, and there was always a zerg of (insert rotating faction here) pvdooring the map. Pretty sad. The death rattle of what used to be a fun small scale campaign continues.

For prime time at least, performance in Vivec is no longer any worse than Shor. And it's not because Vivec has improved.

Once upon a time you could solo in Cyrodiil @Vapirko but those days are pretty much over; at best you'll get zerged 10x for every good fight. I get your frustration. I got chased down by LoM, Shadowgrabber, GoD, BoD and more last night before I finally got a beautiful 1v8 that made it all worthwhile. If that kind of payoff isn't worth the pain for you... I agree with Rickter: get more friends.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    For prime time at least, performance in Vivec is no longer any worse than Shor. And it's not because Vivec has improved.
    In my limited time in the game these past few weeks, I've found the same thing.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check out Vivec tonight after the Legend dueling event. last night, AD was choking out he server per usual, and my group of 7 dropped to 5, so we went to IC because we hadnt been in a while and had some great fights against a group of 3 AD and a group of Dreadlord that started out as 5, then grew to 8, then 13 lol. it was great!! 16327 telvar in about an hour
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find there’s still satisfying solo play. Just get away from emp keeps and enjoy resources.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

GoD has been in Vivec past two nights, running Dreadlords-sized. If they went head-to-head with Dreads, both might have some fun fights. But I am not sure Dread homes Shor anymore; lots of Dreads tabards in Vivec.

This weekend I checked Shor a few times, and there was always a zerg of (insert rotating faction here) pvdooring the map. Pretty sad. The death rattle of what used to be a fun small scale campaign continues.

Once upon a time you could solo in Cyrodiil @Vapirko but those days are pretty much over; at best you'll get zerged 10x for every good fight. I get your frustration. I got chased down by LoM, Shadowgrabber, GoD, BoD and more last night before I finally got a beautiful 1v8 that made it all worthwhile. If that kind of payoff isn't worth the pain for you... I agree with Rickter: get more friends.

We’ve tried Vivec several times the past few weeks and after a certain point it is still fairly unplayable for most people in my guild, so we have stuck with Shor or Sotha. It is difficult no matter which server we go to for us to find good fights whether it is cp or no cp. It seems it is 30+ almost everywhere we go, it doesn’t matter if it is a resource, an outpost, a keep.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a very zergy patch for sure. I have to admit I have had great nights in Vivec lately, pugging around tonight and running with a solid mid sized group one night whom I enjoyed. Is it the PvP I miss? No, but you gotta go with the flow sometimes. I saw several very skilled small scale players stacked up with 50+. It's hard to argue with a carpet of time stops and rune cage spam if you don't have backup.

For all the talk about how Shor isn't competitive, I usually had tougher fights in Shor with some of the older guilds there.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play shor...on dc... get emp...easy
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very zergy patch for sure. I have to admit I have had great nights in Vivec lately, pugging around tonight and running with a solid mid sized group one night whom I enjoyed. Is it the PvP I miss? No, but you gotta go with the flow sometimes. I saw several very skilled small scale players stacked up with 50+. It's hard to argue with a carpet of time stops and rune cage spam if you don't have backup.

For all the talk about how Shor isn't competitive, I usually had tougher fights in Shor with some of the older guilds there.

I’ve honeslty had more fun in Vivec lately off hours than Shor on hours and this isn’t the first time this has happened. It just cycles. In a two man group you can really have some fun when Vivec is two bars across either pug stomping or just adding to defenses or offenses. Even solo I jumped out to help a solo dc player kiting and tanking and killing like 12 EP (some impressive gameplay on his part) and the two of us took the whole group and then the rest of them crumbled. When you get those giant groups to split up or catch them solo you realize how low the skill bar has fallen. In Shor you’re much more likely to meet skilled players alone or have smaller groups of at least medium talent players. In general.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec is fun for a few minutes to take a sorc in. You get the Zerg vs Zerg going and it’s easy to get someone caught in a burst combo without being pressured by melee. Don’t even need rune cage as some ally is sure to be spamming time stop. If melee does pressures to where you’re forced to shield spam, it’s not just delaying death as they will get nuked by your Zerg.

If you go with a more melee character like you see wrecking in Shor; you have to play away from the zergs or on the outskirts where you can stay out of getting focused. Still can be fun because you catch some used to the above and built relying on others to be spamming support away from the zergs.

I find either way gets boring after a bit. Like it better here at times when it’s me that gets caught out in the open against better players. Actually learn from mistakes and have to use all bar slots . Only problem is here lately, it just feels like one sided zergs outside of overlapping time zone prime time. Or it’s just smaller zergs.
    Edited by technohic on June 27, 2018 10:51AM