Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Steam Login Issues

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share. In the meantime, we do plan to grant all Steam players an extra Psijic Vault Crown Crate since not everyone was able to login during last weekend’s giveaway event. These crates will be delivered to your account after the next PC maintenance, tentatively scheduled for July 2.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We’ll provide another update as soon as we can.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share. In the meantime, we do plan to grant all Steam players an extra Psijic Vault Crown Crate since not everyone was able to login during last weekend’s giveaway event. These crates will be delivered to your account after the next PC maintenance, tentatively scheduled for July 2.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We’ll provide another update as soon as we can.

Thanks for the information. However, pitchfork and torch manufacturing companies are now upset with you as sales have suddenly stopped...until the next downtime that is. >:)
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »

Thanks for the information. However, pitchfork and torch manufacturing companies are now upset with you as sales have suddenly stopped...until the next downtime that is. >:)

Isn't it still down?
  • xpleader
    xpleader
    Soul Shriven
    You actually think that another crate will please the pissed people? It's right now primetime for most people in EU and it still doesn't work. :/
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    spent time for logging to your raw code game is not measured in such digital bait as crates
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    This forum right now.

"Rawr! We want compensation for the downtime!"

*gets compensation*

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least some update. Thanks for informing~ though I still think you guys need to find the issue ASAP.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xpleader wrote: »
    You actually think that another crate will please the pissed people? It's right now primetime for most people in EU and it still doesn't work. :/

If you consider 25 Crown Poisons, some Crown Meals, and some Crown potions ample consolation for the missed days, maybe...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tigerlilja
    Tigerlilja
    Soul Shriven
    What about the daily login rewards? Missing out on those due to technical problems on someone else's end feels like a bigger problem.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, presumably its intended to please those upset they missed out on a Psijic Crown Crate due to being unable to log on during the final day of the promotion.

Its a "hey, we know you couldnt participate in this promotion" compensation. Issues with actually playing the game persist.
  • QRik
    QRik
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys & gals, I am a Steam user having this issue and I figured out how to get it to work.
    Here's how:

1) Go to elderscrollsonline.com and select "Sign in through Steam"
    2) Go to your account info and write it down/memorize how your name and email are entered
    3) Log out and reset your password
    4) There may be a back and forth with a code being set to your email
    5) Now, launch the eso64.exe game client directly (e.g. C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client)
    6) Login using your reset password from before
    7) A code will be sent to the registered email withy ZOS
    8) It may take up to 10-15 minutes for the email with the code to arrive, enter it and NOW YOU CAN LOGIN!

Hope it helps! See ya in Tamriel! :)

1. there is no "Sign in through Steam", first you need to click account on main page and then small grey image with "login to steam" text which is barely seeing on 4k... anyway next
    2. enter my steam login and password and lick login
    there is error "Note that account.elderscrollsonline.com is not affiliated with Steam or Valve"
    click login one more time and logged in
    3. logged out, and click "forgot password" not a reset
    4. got email from ESO with link and create a new password
    5. run
    6. used login and password which I just reset.
    7. got a message that I should run the game trough the steam. A CODE??? No code here, only error.
    BTW whatever password I use it tells that I should run the game via steam.

What I am doing wrong?
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    sigh....

Here we go again!

It does not work for Steam users unless you first linked your account before a certain date.
  • yafgiuk
    yafgiuk
    ✭✭
    heh, and people have called me mad for keeping two (steam and non-steam) ESO clients.

Blame it on my misspent youth.
  • QRik
    QRik
    Soul Shriven
    cheops wrote: »
    sigh....

Here we go again!

It does not work for Steam users unless you first linked your account before a certain date.

This post dated June 10... there was a hope :(

• Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    This forum right now.

*gets compensation*

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

Sorry but how is one crate a compensation. 99.9999999999% of the times you get complete rubbish.

"We have highly frequent outages. A lot of those players are subscribers. We'll give them a crate, that should calm them down."
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    This problem is happening for more then a month, we are waiting for explanation, and one extra crown crate doesnt fix anything. We are waiting for real solution for this problem, and crown crate isnt solution!!! Just give us option to log into game with our credentials and everything will be fine.
  • Seperatist
    Seperatist
    ✭✭✭
    Something teels me ppl won't be able to log to get this crate :wink:
    Immoltal ledeemel, (un)chained, Gryphon Fat, Thicc Tocc Tolmenter, Grand overbruhlord, Kekslayer. "You know you don't have to be here right"
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerlilja wrote: »
    What about the daily login rewards? Missing out on those due to technical problems on someone else's end feels like a bigger problem.

There's sadly not much ZOS could do for that. The calendar rewards completely reset on July 1st, and I doubt their UI and code allows them to run two calendars at the same time
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Chryuus
    Chryuus
    Please consider the option which many of us have asked for...and that is the option to play without Steam. I understand how businesses work..I understand there is likely contractual obligations to be met and revenue to potentially be lost...but if people start to leave after downtime fatigue, then that will likely have a more severe impact.
  • leendertp1
    Feanor wrote: »

If you consider 25 Crown Poisons, some Crown Meals, and some Crown potions ample consolation for the missed days, maybe...

This, lol. Think about what you could do with this time. Yay, you get a crate.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »

we at least deserve 2 free crates after the mess last time we couldn't get on. Come on, it's just code and if those of us who aren't going to buy your loot boxes aren't going to buy them anyway.

You know what I would buy from the crown store? Permanent craft bag.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I'm willing to buy the game (again) direct from ESO. How would I go about making sure all of my characters and their progression transfers over? Thanks so much!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Brabisoid
    Brabisoid
    Soul Shriven
    The problem with this statement is that is not rly satisfying. It doesnt tell us what the problem is, where it is and how long will the downtime be. Meanwhile this issue is not only affecting steam users but others aswell, because cancelled raids and stuff like that. Not to mention its not for the first time it happened. The communication about these issues needs to be better, more informative.
  • Folen
    Folen
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously? Again?!
    Sure, nice to get an extra crate, but I'd prefer to be able to actually play the game. You know, the one I payed for. The base game I was looking forward to playing tonight.
    This is happening way too often!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    This forum right now.

*gets compensation*

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

one measley crown crate? come on.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • st_yan
    st_yan
    ✭✭
    I don't agree with the Psijic Crates, Prolong my ESO+ for the days I couldn't log in.
  • HybrisCross
    HybrisCross
    ✭✭✭
    One box is deeply light, don't forget that problem impact player who spend money for ESO+

BUT FINALLY giving some informations about this problem is a good point.

Stay on this road, you HAVE to communicate about regurlaly. Share about yours customers !

Thanks for the reply.
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    .....eh not really good enough. I had the Tamriel unlimited version from steam and just recently purchased the Summerset expansion & ESO+ via Steam. As an IT professional myself I could tell that this problem was not going to get permanently resolved anytime soon if ever. I can see it happening once or twice, but every other day with no heads rolling in HR meant it was not getting fixed. Look at their own add on Steam "Over 10 million players"....now if only 1% of those players are ESO+ subscribers at the lowest price tier of 12.99 that's 100,000 players * 12.99 = $1.3 million dollars PER MONTH!.....so yes in this case you can throw money at the problem.

So anyway I repurchased the game,summerset, and ESO+ via the ZOS store since its the only version that actually functions. That's right I dropped $90 AGAIN for the privilege of starting the game over from scratch....maybe that's on me but I love this game and actually want to play it. What I really want is a refund of the $ I spent over at Steam(they refused my refund request.....I have uninstalled the Steam version with no intent of ever playing it through Steam ever again) and I figure I am on my own to re-grind my levels.

I don't intend to come off as a jerk but sometimes a little anger gets things moving in the right direction.
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    @robertericdavisub17_ESO
    I TOLD MANY TIMES!! its not working for ppl who bought in steam after December 2016
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Non-Steam player, can I complain now that Steam players who managed to kill a monster each day of the event will get one more crate than I? :smiley:
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭
    And we enter the never ending circle of seeing that magical red banner again... I'm so happy with the 1 CRATE - I hope it's 25 Potions.
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror