The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on Steam Login Issues

• Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Sharamag wrote: »
    BUT! there's one and the only way to fix this problem - purchase TESO from official website or this one already fixed lmao (*im sad af*)
    Opera_Snapshot_2018-06-19_213341_steamcommunity.com.png
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It's been 8h. Any update?

You'll get more information from a brick wall..
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror
  • DrCold
    DrCold
    Soul Shriven
    Can we ever play this game? I've spent more time reading the red message in the forums than playing the game this month.
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    "...some Steam players are having issues..."

! ? ! ?

So there are some Steam players that are NOT having issues???

Can anyone confirm that this is only affecting "some" Steam players?
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    "...some Steam players are having issues..."

! ? ! ?

So there are some Steam players that are NOT having issues???

Can anyone confirm that this is only affecting "some" Steam players?
  • yafgiuk
    yafgiuk
    ✭✭
    yeah, those logging into NA server are apparently just fine
    Blame it on my misspent youth.
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerlilja wrote: »
    What about the daily login rewards? Missing out on those due to technical problems on someone else's end feels like a bigger problem.

Sad maybe, but i feel the same. Was just going to be able to complete the whole set (am away for a long weekend so made sure i had logged in enough so that when i return i have just enough days before and after) agggghhh thats 5 crates gone =(

Funnily enough, prior to the downtime i hadn't had a problem at all for months actually. Then today, when the server was down for maintenance i had logged into steam. Kept it open and on the login page.
    Managed to play for a while.
    Had to log and shut down
    Only on rebooting could i not play EU. ...only NA

On a positive note, made a new char on the NA server :D

*edit* didnt buy Summerset from steam....
    Edited by mumbling-midget on June 19, 2018 7:50PM
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthemis wrote: »
    Odnoc wrote: »
    Arthemis wrote: »
    Odnoc wrote: »
    What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.

What don't you get that Steam is authenticating fine on the NA server but not on the EU server.
    ZOS doesn't need to have access to Steam code (hilarious assumption) - they get an API for authenticating Steam users.

You realize they're different servers, right? Probably accessed through a catalog service? How are the API's called? Through the Steam client. It's very possible when calling the API the client is passing along bad information.

I work with API’s for a living, so to say I’m “assuming” is a bit of a stretch.

You've said that ZOS can't even attempt to fix the issue because they don't have access to Steam code - they do not need access to Steam code.
    Also if the steam client was passing invalid information then i wouldn't be able to login to NA server either. If it's the ESO client passing invalid data then it's on ZOS not on Steam.
    As for the name of the API - it's called Steamworks. You can check it out on partner.steamgames.com - focus Matchmaking&Lobby (they might be simply using a single lobby per server) + Steam Networking sections.

As for working with API's for a living - i'm coding for a living for quite some time and seriously - authentication modules are not rocket science and you should know that if you are a coder yourself.

Funny, me to, for an industry leading web-based software company. Yes, it is possible to connect to one server but not another if your architecture uses any type of catalog service. If you think otherwise, you haven't had much enterprise software experience.

If it were on ZOS's end, everyone trying to login to that server would be having issues, not just Steam users. It's really that easy.
    Edited by Odnoc on June 19, 2018 7:54PM
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    BUT! there's one and the only way to fix this problem - purchase TESO from official website or this one already fixed lmao (*im sad af*)

dont work, just tried it. Just works if you bought eso before a specific date... and in that case i think you can just start the eso64.exe.
  • Hellangel45
    Hellangel45
    Soul Shriven
    A whole day went to waste, just sat here reading forum and watching random stuff. Assuming it would have been properly fixed in less than 5-6 hours or given an alternate login solution.

I was so wrong.
    Edited by Hellangel45 on June 19, 2018 7:50PM
  • Marvinthebeast
    Not 'some', I think all Steam players have issues. And it's not funny anymore. Do something about it.
    Don't want to pay ESO+ for game I can't play in my only free time.
    Thanks
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭
    It just makes it even more annoying going 'X' amount of hours with NO update from anyone
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Germany Server went down @ 10:00 am for a Patch, who (again) didn´t allow Steam Users to Play.
    Now it is 09:40 pm and still you are investigating ???
    Like Sunday ?

v8xhn3ez.jpg

or the week before...Saturday ?

k64kovga.jpg

Since Saturday last week your Red Banner annoys us, saying you will keep us informed blahblah und we do not here a single word from you...

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by Mahabahabtha on June 19, 2018 7:59PM
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »

dont work, just tried it. Just works if you bought eso before a specific date... and in that case i think you can just start the eso64.exe.

it does work, if you pay again for the base game through their site. One of my guildies just confirmed.

However, it's not to be condoned, because that would support their incompetence; seriously, this is beyond unacceptable. I'm wondering what will happen since many supposedly cancelled their membership. Do they even think about re-evaluating their agreement with Steam? If so, how about keeping us in the loop with a juicy public apology?

Wishful thinking you say?

NOTE: They want to give us a crate. ONE crate :joy:
    Edited by Inoki on June 19, 2018 7:55PM
  • MyBlackSheep
    MyBlackSheep
    Soul Shriven
    https://imgur.com/a/OSy7UC3
    somehow, the picture just does not want to be displayed ....

THERE IS A WAY TO UNLINK ESO AND STEAM WITHOUT PAYING

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418419/unlinking-steam#latest
    Edited by MyBlackSheep on June 19, 2018 7:59PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been hitting login for 3 hours now, made sure to hit login everytime it failed. Still can't get in. Probably tried more than a hundred times now. At this point I give up.
  • neekee
    neekee
    ✭✭
    I mean, thanks for finally acknowledging there is an issue here but ... wow ... this is just brutal ...

Issue has been going on for a month. They fixed it before, although momentarily, so they know exactly what the core of the issue is.
  • mjonis
    mjonis
    yafgiuk wrote: »

Uh, no.

NA PC here.
    No login with Steam.

• Llador
    Llador
    Soul Shriven
    yafgiuk wrote: »

Not quite - I created a char there only to find my account didn't have the ESO+ status that it does on EU. That's the crazy thing. I can't login to EU but can NA.
    edited: to correct account status
    Edited by Llador on June 19, 2018 8:11PM
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I Think, the original Post was made from a new hired ZOS Marketing Lead, who Shows @ZOS_MattFiror how to milk the cow the hard way
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF YOU CAN'T JUST FIX IT ALREADY THEN ROLL BACK THE DAMN UPDATE!
    WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
    WHY DON'T YOU TEST THIS BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT?

...at least give us a damned ETA and a free gold motif book of our choice
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    the entire day without play, but others have fun all day long in the game...
    it's so hilarious.
    I feel like no issues are being solved, and what investigation exactly could be performed for the whole day, tell me please? how much time it would require for you, ZOS, to start doing something?
    you are not providing us bad support - we have no support at all, and here is the question: why we deserve such treatment?
  • orubor
    orubor
    ✭✭
    I've never seen such negligence from a game company since Sims 3 came out. You all truly do not care to provide a decent experience, and love to make it out to be Steam's fault, or the user's fault, that it might be THEIR internet or THEIR computer. Every support thread I've seen on this forum that mentions server problems is shut down after a few replies, in which you all link to a troubleshoot that doesn't work.

Every other game I play through Steam works fine.

One crate isn't compensation. In fact, I don't want compensation, I want the problem to be fixed, not to have a band-aid put on it until the next time this happens. It's like toddlers run your servers. When I pay monthly for a game, I'm not paying just to be able to play it a couple days a week because the rest of the days I can't even log in. I love the game when I'm able to play it. It's beautiful and enjoyable, but the fact that you all have had these servers issues since LAUNCH is ridiculous and just proves that you all will never actually fix the servers. There was supposed to be maintenance last night too, but that clearly did nothing.

This is ridiculous.
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    Honestly that red banner is just insulting as a communication to the community. I have seen a single tweet and a post about investigating and some redirection posts and that's really all the communication we have had from ZoS in the 8+ hours of this outage. I appreciate that there may not actually be any news but just letting us know that you're there and care about your customers would be of immense benefit. Instead we have blame fests brewing and tensions rising simply because nobody has any idea about what's happening. This silence is the death of community here. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno restore our faith in community support and just tell us something, anything, even that it's still ongoing and you understand our frustrations. Because frankly, right now, it feels like nobody cares
  • Krawchi
    Krawchi
    ✭✭✭
    To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share. In the meantime, we do plan to grant all Steam players an extra Psijic Vault Crown Crate since not everyone was able to login during last weekend’s giveaway event. These crates will be delivered to your account after the next PC maintenance, tentatively scheduled for July 2.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We’ll provide another update as soon as we can.

Do i get one too if i can somehow login without steam by using that trick some people posted here where you have to open launcher without steam and do some other stuff ? (I have the game on steam and its linked with my eso account) Its still really annoying
    Edited by Krawchi on June 19, 2018 8:22PM
  • Folen
    Folen
    Soul Shriven
    "We are aware that some Steam players are having issues logging into the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers. We are actively investigating and will let you know when we have an update. Thank you!"
    My issues:
    "some Steam players"? No. Many, if not all.
    "actively investigating"? What else? "passively waiting for it to blow over"?
    "Thank you!"? Do I have a choice?

Crate is not compensation.

No apology whatsoever.

If you report it, however and whatever, you get a message telling you basically to fix things on your side. Basically just wasting your time.
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    I think the mood of the community is fairly clear now. We have bought the game and have the credentials to use it so we should be provided with a launcher which allows us to log in.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    cheops wrote: »
    I think the mood of the community is fairly clear now. We have bought the game and have the credentials to use it so we should be provided with a launcher which allows us to log in.

and a loot box for every hour we've been shut out of the game.

#CrownCratePerHourDowntime
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on June 19, 2018 8:26PM
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • llgll
    llgll
    I said this before in another forum, but if there was a way for Bethesda/Zeni to get out of their contract with Steam and pull all their consumers to the main site, I think they would be better off in the end. The main site seems like it works much more efficiently. ESO wouldn't get poor reviews through steam users, and they would get so many more consumers and then those consumers, due to stability in game play would purchase more addons/premium/etc. Its a win for Bethesda/Zeni I think. I think they are losing money and favor by sticking with steam although I don't want to lose my game if you do quit Steam so hence the pulling to the main site. I would be much more tempted to buy all the perks within the game if I knew there would be better stability, and going through steam, obviously there isn't and that is sad. I do love the game, when I actually get to play it and a crown crate for the 3-4? login failures in the past month doesn't seem like much to me. I can only imagine what premium customers are feeling right now. :l
  • llgll
    llgll
    Cruxanero wrote: »
    As a Non-Steam player, can I complain now that Steam players who managed to kill a monster each day of the event will get one more crate than I? :smiley:

I'd rather they keep their crown crate and just fix the steam issue. It sux not being able to play when you have the time to get on.
    Edited by llgll on June 19, 2018 8:28PM