Maintenance for the week of September 24:
• PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – September 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)

Update on Steam Login Issues

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share. In the meantime, we do plan to grant all Steam players an extra Psijic Vault Crown Crate since not everyone was able to login during last weekend’s giveaway event. These crates will be delivered to your account after the next PC maintenance, tentatively scheduled for July 2.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We’ll provide another update as soon as we can.
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »
    To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share. In the meantime, we do plan to grant all Steam players an extra Psijic Vault Crown Crate since not everyone was able to login during last weekend’s giveaway event. These crates will be delivered to your account after the next PC maintenance, tentatively scheduled for July 2.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. We’ll provide another update as soon as we can.

Thanks for the information. However, pitchfork and torch manufacturing companies are now upset with you as sales have suddenly stopped...until the next downtime that is. >:)

Isn't it still down?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xpleader wrote: »
    You actually think that another crate will please the pissed people? It's right now primetime for most people in EU and it still doesn't work. :/

Well, presumably its intended to please those upset they missed out on a Psijic Crown Crate due to being unable to log on during the final day of the promotion.

Its a "hey, we know you couldnt participate in this promotion" compensation. Issues with actually playing the game persist.
  • QRik
    QRik
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys & gals, I am a Steam user having this issue and I figured out how to get it to work.
    Here's how:

1) Go to elderscrollsonline.com and select "Sign in through Steam"
    2) Go to your account info and write it down/memorize how your name and email are entered
    3) Log out and reset your password
    4) There may be a back and forth with a code being set to your email
    5) Now, launch the eso64.exe game client directly (e.g. C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client)
    6) Login using your reset password from before
    7) A code will be sent to the registered email withy ZOS
    8) It may take up to 10-15 minutes for the email with the code to arrive, enter it and NOW YOU CAN LOGIN!

Hope it helps! See ya in Tamriel! :)

1. there is no "Sign in through Steam", first you need to click account on main page and then small grey image with "login to steam" text which is barely seeing on 4k... anyway next
    2. enter my steam login and password and lick login
    there is error "Note that account.elderscrollsonline.com is not affiliated with Steam or Valve"
    click login one more time and logged in
    3. logged out, and click "forgot password" not a reset
    4. got email from ESO with link and create a new password
    5. run
    6. used login and password which I just reset.
    7. got a message that I should run the game trough the steam. A CODE??? No code here, only error.
    BTW whatever password I use it tells that I should run the game via steam.

What I am doing wrong?
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    sigh....

Here we go again!

It does not work for Steam users unless you first linked your account before a certain date.
  • QRik
    QRik
    Soul Shriven
    cheops wrote: »
    sigh....

Here we go again!

It does not work for Steam users unless you first linked your account before a certain date.

This post dated June 10... there was a hope :(

• Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerlilja wrote: »
    What about the daily login rewards? Missing out on those due to technical problems on someone else's end feels like a bigger problem.

There's sadly not much ZOS could do for that. The calendar rewards completely reset on July 1st, and I doubt their UI and code allows them to run two calendars at the same time
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • leendertp1
    Feanor wrote: »
    xpleader wrote: »
    You actually think that another crate will please the pissed people? It's right now primetime for most people in EU and it still doesn't work. :/

If you consider 25 Crown Poisons, some Crown Meals, and some Crown potions ample consolation for the missed days, maybe...

This, lol. Think about what you could do with this time. Yay, you get a crate.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »

Thanks for the information. However, pitchfork and torch manufacturing companies are now upset with you as sales have suddenly stopped...until the next downtime that is. >:)

we at least deserve 2 free crates after the mess last time we couldn't get on. Come on, it's just code and if those of us who aren't going to buy your loot boxes aren't going to buy them anyway.

You know what I would buy from the crown store? Permanent craft bag.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Wintergreen
    Wintergreen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I'm willing to buy the game (again) direct from ESO. How would I go about making sure all of my characters and their progression transfers over? Thanks so much!
    Mac/NA
  • Folen
    Folen
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously? Again?!
    Sure, nice to get an extra crate, but I'd prefer to be able to actually play the game. You know, the one I payed for. The base game I was looking forward to playing tonight.
    This is happening way too often!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭
    This forum right now.

"Rawr! We want compensation for the downtime!"

*gets compensation*

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

one measley crown crate? come on.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • LumbermillOverlord
    LumbermillOverlord
    ✭✭✭
    @robertericdavisub17_ESO
    I TOLD MANY TIMES!! its not working for ppl who bought in steam after December 2016
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭
    As a Non-Steam player, can I complain now that Steam players who managed to kill a monster each day of the event will get one more crate than I? :smiley:
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭
    And we enter the never ending circle of seeing that magical red banner again... I'm so happy with the 1 CRATE - I hope it's 25 Potions.
    PC - EU
    PvE Main - Magicka Sorcerer ßlack Ivvy @ Max CP EP
    PvP Main - Magicka Sorcerer Cosmo Vonner @ Max CP AD