The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Steam Login Issues

• reallybadb16_ESO
    reallybadb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I bought this game last week trough steam and also bought a ESO PLUS membership.
    Have only played 36 hours but since sunday i have big problem like the rest to log in to the EU megaserver , i get timed out.
    I could log in this morning , very early (4 aclock) and play for 15 min before i got kicked out, not its impossible.

The strange part is that i can log in to the NA server but not the EU ??????
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    I followed the support menu to try to unlink from Steam. It's a dead end!? What are my options? I want a divorce from Steam. Do I need a good lawyer for custody of my gear and toons?
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed the support menu to try to unlink from Steam. It's a dead end!? What are my options? I want a divorce from Steam. Do I need a good lawyer for custody of my gear and toons?

Apparently you need to buy a copy of the game straight from the ZOS webstore.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭

No lawyer would take your case, they know it's a dead-end
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror
  • Troeca
    Troeca
    ✭✭
    Serafiel wrote: »
    Since this situation is repeating itself (like 3rd or 4rth time during last couple of weeks) is ZOS planning to compensate ESO+ players for not being able to play? If not: why?
    Thanks in advance for official answer.

Because I'm pretty new to all this I have no idea if that's something ZOS would do but I'd really like that kind of customer service. About a week ago I decided to throw my euros at ESO+ for the first time and right after subscribing for next 6 months this bug started to have an impact on my gameplay too so it feels like a punishment for buying something. Hilarious :)
    Best regards,
    @Troeca +1863CP | PC/EU (Steam)
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo do folks still not get that this is not a ZOS issue? Those of us with non-Steam accounts are having a grand old time in game. This is a Steam issue. You folks are screaming at the wrong people. So ZOS is giving Steam users a freebie for the aggravation over something they didn't cause and can't fix, because it's not on their end. Maybe use your rage more effectively and go light up the Steam forums:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/

Have at.
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    Believe me. I have been in the Steam forums as well.

When you want a divorce, you have to talk to all parties in the relationship.

You must talk with both parties and any other entities involved in creating the union.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that the free crate is NOT compensation for Steam users currently not being able to play the game.

The free crate is compensation for steam users possibly not being able to log in to get their free crate for the final day of the Psijic Crate Promotion event.

So if you were upset that you were going to miss out on the final crown crate from the promotion: here you go. You get your crown crate after all.

If you are upset because this issue keeps happening, you can't log on, or you are missing daily log-in rewards: ?????
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brigda wrote: »
    Sooo do folks still not get that this is not a ZOS issue? Those of us with non-Steam accounts are having a grand old time in game. This is a Steam issue. You folks are screaming at the wrong people. So ZOS is giving Steam users a freebie for the aggravation over something they didn't cause and can't fix, because it's not on their end. Maybe use your rage more effectively and go light up the Steam forums:

Have at.

You are wrong here. We pay ZOS for this game, not Steam. Steam is providing only a service and the ones who decided to partner with Steam were the good folks at ZOS. So by complaining to ZOS we urge them to take action and either fix this problem with Steam or leave Steam. Valve couldn't care less really.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • HybrisCross
    HybrisCross
    ✭✭✭

Have at.

You are wrong here. We pay ZOS for this game, not Steam. Steam is providing only a service and the ones who decided to partner with Steam were the good folks at ZOS. So by complaining to ZOS we urge them to take action and either fix this problem with Steam or leave Steam. Valve couldn't care less really.

Must be blind to think the problem come from Valve.
  • PouletRico
    PouletRico
    ✭✭✭

Have at.

Or maybe it's just a bug from ZOS perfoming the login with a Steam accounts ? No one can know, except for ZOS and Steam, so stop spreading misinformation.
    @PouletRico - EU PC Megaserver
    PouletRico - TankDK - EP
    Experimental Kamikaze - StamDK - AD

I'm doing my best, but I'm not a native speaker
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭

Have at.

It doesnt make any difference whos issue that is. Dont you get it? The customer pays for something he can not use / is broken and wants to get it fixed. ZOS is offering a free crate, ok, might be a nice move but it doesnt solve the problem. It is like you get a lolipop from your car manufacturer because your A/C doesnt work, which another company manufactured. Just in this case the whole car doesnt run (still a lolipop...).

Giving ppl free non-steam versions would be a solution for the customers (also for future steam-zos issues). ZOS wouldnt lose anything, because the steam-users bought the game already.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum right now.

"Rawr! We want compensation for the downtime!"

*gets compensation*

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

No. The thing is if they have long hours (days?) of downtime in a service, which they're paying for, an ingame random 'gift' doesn't count as compensation. ESO+ days would count, I think.

(I'm not a Steam user, so I can play now.)
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭

Have at.

Yes because Lord Gaben can do no wrong, right?
    To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share.

Why involve Steam if, as you say, they're not at least partially responsible for the problem?
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double-post. Delete.
    Edited by redshirt_49 on June 19, 2018 5:49PM
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭

Have at.

Do you Fanbois still don't get that we have a contract with ZoS? I don't give a crap who the cause of the problem is, I pay ZoS for a service and they're not delivering. So how about all you brainless wonders stop posting this crud? Technical responsibility is ZoS' to worry about, all I'm interested in is legal responsibility of the sales contract ZoS entered in to with me.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have at.

Found it....

This is the new Eso Functionality on Steam...like Jes said a while ago...

kc7zap7w.jpg
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Serafiel
    Serafiel
    Soul Shriven

Have at.

Thanks for your opinion. It isn't about rage - at least not on my end. The way i see it is that ZOS is the developer of the game who sign an agreement with Valve for a distribution on Steam. Tbh it changes nothing from my point of view: ZOS still have/should have controll over their game and is responsible for delivering the service (ability to play) for customers who bought the game.
    tl;dr: it doesnt matter is it ZOS or Valves fault, nor should we care. What we should care is ETA of permanent solution to this situation.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭

Have at.

Do you Fanbois still don't get that we have a contract with ZoS? I don't give a crap who the cause of the problem is, I pay ZoS for a service and they're not delivering. So how about all you brainless wonders stop posting this crud? Technical responsibility is ZoS' to worry about, all I'm interested in is legal responsibility of the sales contract ZoS entered in to with me.

You're right. And in that contract it clearly states that you agree to unexpected downtime, however long.
  • HybrisCross
    HybrisCross
    ✭✭✭

Have at.

Yes because Lord Gaben can do no wrong, right?
    To give everyone an update on the recent complications with ESO on Steam, we’ve been having conversations with Steam to fully understand what’s causing the downtime and login issues, and will update everyone as soon as we have information to share.

Why involve Steam if, as you say, they're not at least partially responsible for the problem?

I personnaly think that all the problem come from guys are more concerned by the football worldcup than get a stable game :persevere:
    So we could play in 2 hours at the end >:) of the last game of the day
  • Arthemis
    Arthemis
    Soul Shriven

Have at.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Steam's authentication services works fine hence I'm able to login to NA server (even that i'm from EU region). The problem might be that their authentication server for EU players is also based in US and because of that it's timing out.
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO

Have at.

So let me get this straight. I get to shout at the Steam community who don't actually provide the service to me based upon pages of threads that also don't have a clue where responsibility actually lies for this? Plus you are making a huge assumption about where the responsibility lies. Can I guess that you write code for ZoS? Or maybe understand the authentication handshakes? No? Then you have absolutely zero idea of who is or who isn't responsible. Nish, zilch, nada.
  • Llador
    Llador
    Soul Shriven
    What I find weird is that I've been playing for most of the day (on and off) without problems but when I come back to try and login around 1800 (UK) I hit this same problem. Same happened yesterday. Can't say more than that as I've literally just returned to the game in the last few days.
  • Kangaxx
    Kangaxx
    Giving ppl free non-steam versions would be a solution for the customers (also for future steam-zos issues). ZOS wouldnt lose anything, because the steam-users bought the game already.

You're right. It's very simple solution. And it must be done.
    Edited by Kangaxx on June 19, 2018 6:01PM
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭

Have at.

What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.
    Edited by Odnoc on June 19, 2018 6:02PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    hang on, why don't you just roll back the update til you get it fixed?

Or give us Guildhall functionality? I have a lot of good ideas in regards to that.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    This forum right now.

*gets compensation*

"NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

It's more like:

*gets compensation*

*Gets frustrated because they can't actually log on to GET the compensation."

Honestly, the crate is a nice gesture but it doesn't help me get to play the game
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭

Have at.

You're right. And in that contract it clearly states that you agree to unexpected downtime, however long.

Which is why I am patiently waiting for the game to be up again while I correct uneducated fools on the forum. You're welcome.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭

Have at.

So let me get this straight. I get to shout at the Steam community who don't actually provide the service to me based upon pages of threads that also don't have a clue where responsibility actually lies for this? Plus you are making a huge assumption about where the responsibility lies. Can I guess that you write code for ZoS? Or maybe understand the authentication handshakes? No? Then you have absolutely zero idea of who is or who isn't responsible. Nish, zilch, nada.

No, you get to shout at the Steam community because they are creating a barrier to the service. There are MANY people who are logging in fine, in fact, the ONLY people who are having issues are those trying to login through Steam. Do you think ZOS has access to their code to fix whatever is going on? If you do, I can guarantee you're mistaken, that is not an assumption, that is fact.
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    It is just ridiculous to suggest that Valve are serially breaking the game for ZOS.

The fact that ZOS broke an already failing EU server with their own patch is a clue to where the fault lies.

I note that buying crowns via steam seems to work pretty flawlessly :wink:
    Edited by cheops on June 19, 2018 6:11PM