Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update on Steam Login Issues

• TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭
    I HONESTLY couldn't care who's fault it is, I just want to be able to play the game, it's that simple..
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third time this month, and you guys are no closer to fixing the problem.

Also, a single crate isnt good enough. Many people lost out on two days of the crate event, and 3 days of login rewards, because of this.

What are you guys going to do for them? @ZOS_Gina_Bruno
    PC-NA Goat
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can part with $10, I highly recommend going to the website, logging in, and buying the base game. I just did this. They sent an access code to my email. I just logged in and all characters, achievements, collectibles, storage, bank items, DLCs, etc are all there. Free at last, free at last!
    Edited by Ostacia on June 19, 2018 6:08PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    I HONESTLY couldn't care who's fault it is, I just want to be able to play the game, it's that simple..

Which you could, if ZOS offered steam users free non-steam version of the game to use.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭
    If you can part with $10, I highly recommend going to the website, logging in, and buying the base game. I just did this. They sent an access code to my email. I just logged in and all characters, achievements, collectibles, storage, bank items, etc are all there. Free at last, free at last!

Couldn't ZOS give us this option already without charging Steam users?
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror
  • Arthemis
    Arthemis
    Soul Shriven
    Odnoc wrote: »
    What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.

What don't you get that Steam is authenticating fine on the NA server but not on the EU server.
    ZOS doesn't need to have access to Steam code (hilarious assumption) - they get an API for authenticating Steam users.

Also I find it kind of funny (I find it kind of sad) that small indie studios (that i know of) integrated similar authentication without problems but a big company like ZOS/Bethesda is unable to do it.
    Edited by Arthemis on June 19, 2018 6:13PM
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    If you can part with $10, I highly recommend going to the website, logging in, and buying the base game. I just did this. They sent an access code to my email. I just logged in and all characters, achievements, collectibles, storage, bank items, etc are all there. Free at last, free at last!

You know it is tempting to do this but then I stop and think:

"Why am I paying ZoS twice for a service that they are preventing me from playing already? Isn't that rewarding failure?"

However I am happy that you have once again returned to Nirn. See you in-game .... sometime ... maybe July?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose it's possible.

Edited by Ostacia on June 19, 2018 6:10PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭

I suppose it's possible.

I can only imagine that would go against some kind of agreement ZOS has with Steam.
    PC - EU - EP
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can part with $10, I highly recommend going to the website, logging in, and buying the base game. I just did this. They sent an access code to my email. I just logged in and all characters, achievements, collectibles, storage, bank items, DLCs, etc are all there. Free at last, free at last!

@Wintergreen so just buy the base game off the site and you can login through eso64.exe? Asking for some friends.
    PC-NA Goat
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    I do not have the $10 option because I've already spent too much money. xD. They give me an $80 option though. I can buy the bundle. That's it. Wild stuff. Can't afford that.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthemis wrote: »
    What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.

What don't you get that Steam is authenticating fine on the NA server but not on the EU server.
    ZOS doesn't need to have access to Steam code (hilarious assumption) - they get an API for authenticating Steam users.

You realize they're different servers, right? Probably accessed through a catalog service? How are the API's called? Through the Steam client. It's very possible when calling the API the client is passing along bad information.

I work with API’s for a living, so to say I’m “assuming” is a bit of a stretch.
    Edited by Odnoc on June 19, 2018 6:24PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have the $10 option because I've already spent too much money. xD. They give me an $80 option though. I can buy the bundle. That's it. Wild stuff. Can't afford that.

Yeah thats crap :(

I have quite a few friends that aren't able to login, but I don't know if buying the game again from ZOS will help them. I'd hate to suggest it and then it doesn't work.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You realize they're different servers, right? Probably accessed through a catalog service? Let me ask you this, how are the API's called smart guy? I'll tell you, through the Steam client. It's very possible when calling the API the client is passing along bad information.

You obviously have no idea how software works, that's what is hilarious.

Being arrogant and condescending isn't a good way to get your point across.
    PC-NA Goat
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    More then 10 hours since servers are offline for steam users, and nobody is telling us when we will be able to login :neutral:
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the only solution to play the game I paid for is to pay again? Zos is genius! Loot boxes are past, now let them customers pay for the game again and again!
    PC/EU
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did someone recognize ?
    The Banner changes from "working on a solution " to "we investigate" ...
    sounds....uhm...not good ?
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the only solution to play the game I paid for is to pay again? Zos is genius! Loot boxes are past, now let them customers pay for the game again and again!

If it is a workaround that works, it's not an intentional one. I haven't seen a ZOS source suggesting it.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

@Wintergreen so just buy the base game off the site and you can login through eso64.exe? Asking for some friends.

I'm on a Mac so I had to go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient to log in. I logged in to the site and went to Store. There I saw the base game for $10 and bought it. Went to my email and found the receipt. Attempted log in via string above and got some kind of error, I can't remember, oh, it was asking for an access code. Checked email again and had a "Login from unknown location" type email and this email contained an access code. I put the access code in and voila! Good luck to your friends!

(And it could just be my imagination but the colors in-game seem deeper and richer now.)
    Edited by Ostacia on June 19, 2018 6:23PM
    PC/ NA
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    Steam is just a sales and distribution platform for ZOS - just like a high street store. If ZOS can’t/won’t make the game work through steam then it is a defective product and should be replaced with a functioning one.
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, ZOS didnt suggest to buy the game a second time with no-steam binding - players did. So dont blame ZOS for that. Actually ZOS didnt say anything to this yet.
    Edited by schattenkind on June 19, 2018 6:23PM
    PC - EU
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    xpleader wrote: »
    You actually think that another crate will please the pissed people? It's right now primetime for most people in EU and it still doesn't work. :/

Well, presumably its intended to please those upset they missed out on a Psijic Crown Crate due to being unable to log on during the final day of the promotion.

Its a "hey, we know you couldnt participate in this promotion" compensation. Issues with actually playing the game persist.

making up for the missed loot, maybe. But they gotta make up for the missed game time. It's been a clusterfudge since the release of Summerset. I've been dropped from the server and not been able to log in over a dozen times since the dlc came out.

Since it's all digital stuff I'm not gonna buy anyway that costs Zenimax nothing, 5, even 10 crates isn't much to ask. Hell, this loot box stuff only has value because they put ridiculous prices on it.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭

You realize they're different servers, right? Probably accessed through a catalog service? Let me ask you this, how are the API's called smart guy? I'll tell you, through the Steam client. It's very possible when calling the API the client is passing along bad information.

Eh, insulting someone because you know a few software buzzwords isn’t much better, but I fixed it.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on a Mac so I had to go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient to log in. I logged in to the site and went to Store. There I saw the base game for $10 and bought it. Went to my email and found the receipt. Attempted log in via string above and got some kind of error, I can't remember, oh, it was asking for an access code. Checked email again and had a "Login from unknown location" type email and this email contained an access code. I put the access code in and voila! Good luck to your friends!

(And it could just be my imagination but the colors in-game seem deeper and richer now.)

Hmm, sounds like you got the account access code for logging in from an unfamiliar IP. I'll have to look into this further, but if it works my friends will be so happy!
    PC-NA Goat
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for finally responding, but I didn't buy the game, not do I pay a subscription fee for digital crates.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, insulting someone because you know a few software buzzwords isn’t much better, but I fixed it.

have an awesomes
    PC-NA Goat
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phage Before when I would try to log in that way, it would give me a Login Error to log in via Steam. After buying the base game, I didn't get that error. Not sure how it worked, but it worked! So happy now! *dance*
    PC/ NA
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Noone posted in the last 30 seconds... can we login again?? O.O
    PC - EU
  • leendertp1

I suppose it's possible.

Did you have to re download it?
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phage Before when I would try to log in that way, it would give me a Login Error to log in via Steam. After buying the base game, I didn't get that error. Not sure how it worked, but it worked! So happy now! *dance*

Yah thats the error they got when I suggested eso64.exe. I'll pass this along, its been really helpful!

dancing-bear-gif-15.gif
    PC-NA Goat