The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on Steam Login Issues

• rbest62
    rbest62
    Think of it instead of buying the game twice it is more like buying a concert ticket then getting the VIP pass to get tot the front of the line.
  • soldierofzion82
    soldierofzion82
    ✭✭✭
    No, I've spent plenty. I've spent around $500 on this game over 2 years. Baloney.
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    rbest62 wrote: »
    Think of it instead of buying the game twice it is more like buying a concert ticket then getting the VIP pass to get tot the front of the line.

Or conversely, buying the VIP ticket and then having to pay someone to unlock the door to the VIP entrance while everyone else is filing in happily
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any news? @ZOS_GinaBruno

That would be really nice, even if there is nothing new.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or conversely, buying the VIP ticket and then having to pay someone to unlock the door to the VIP entrance while everyone else is filing in happily

It could be worse. They could put it in Crown Crates.
    PC-NA Goat
  • marc.whiffenb16_ESO
    Phage wrote: »

It could be worse. They could put it in Crown Crates.

Touché sir. Well played
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So eso+ members will just get nothing (1 day prolonging anyone?) for inability to login. Well, thanks.
  • idwilson
    idwilson
    ✭✭
    Disappointed I am....
  • Arthemis
    Arthemis
    Soul Shriven
    Odnoc wrote: »
    Arthemis wrote: »
    Odnoc wrote: »
    What don't you get that many people, including myself, are logging in fine. Therefore, the issue is with Steam. ZOS doesn't have access to Steam code to even attempt to fix the issue, it really is as simple as that.

What don't you get that Steam is authenticating fine on the NA server but not on the EU server.
    ZOS doesn't need to have access to Steam code (hilarious assumption) - they get an API for authenticating Steam users.

You realize they're different servers, right? Probably accessed through a catalog service? How are the API's called? Through the Steam client. It's very possible when calling the API the client is passing along bad information.

I work with API’s for a living, so to say I’m “assuming” is a bit of a stretch.

You've said that ZOS can't even attempt to fix the issue because they don't have access to Steam code - they do not need access to Steam code.
    Also if the steam client was passing invalid information then i wouldn't be able to login to NA server either. If it's the ESO client passing invalid data then it's on ZOS not on Steam.
    As for the name of the API - it's called Steamworks. You can check it out on partner.steamgames.com - focus Matchmaking&Lobby (they might be simply using a single lobby per server) + Steam Networking sections.

As for working with API's for a living - i'm coding for a living for quite some time and seriously - authentication modules are not rocket science and you should know that if you are a coder yourself.
    Edited by Arthemis on June 19, 2018 7:00PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    You know what I would buy from the crown store? Permanent craft bag.

You know what I would buy from the crown store? Permanent login ability.

Please! Don't give them any ideas!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/3051633726587473775/?ctp=142

wow....almost 2,200 ppl over there with the pitchforks out....lots of ppl canceling eso+
  • iskachan
    iskachan
    Soul Shriven
    I just don't understand why does it make any difference whether I've bought the game via Steam or via official web-site? Why do we get different types of login? Why can't my ESO account have information that I actually bought the game? or Steam give me activation key?
    To me dividing player base into 'steam players' and 'non-steam players' sounds pretty discriminating. As if we're some kind of 'second grade' players.
  • Sharamag
    Sharamag
    Soul Shriven
    I think the best way to solve this problem is a let all steam players log in through the eso launcher(non-steam method) for some time until it's fixed or forever. Otherwise it looks like we are different(steam players), and we do not deserve to play this game compare to others. BUT! there's one and the only way to fix this problem - purchase TESO from official website or this one already fixed lmao (*im sad af*)
  • Arthemis
    Arthemis
    Soul Shriven
    . double post sorry
    Edited by Arthemis on June 19, 2018 7:00PM
  • dronarg
    dronarg
    ✭✭
    Sharamag wrote: »
    I think the best way to solve this problem is a let all steam players log in through the eso launcher(non-steam method) for some time until it's fixed or forever.

Thats right and easy to do as we all have an account. They simply have to allow connexion until they fix their b... code.
  • Sharamag
    Sharamag
    Soul Shriven
    iskachan wrote: »
    To me dividing player base into 'steam players' and 'non-steam players' sounds pretty discriminating. As if we're some kind of 'second grade' players.

That's what i'm talking about too, mate
    Absolutely agreed!
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leendertp1 wrote: »

Did you have to re download it?

@leendertp1 Nope!

PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • worir5
    worir5
    ✭✭✭
    We should take the ESO steam servers and push it somewhere else!
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    yurimodin wrote: »
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/3051633726587473775/?ctp=142

wow....almost 2,200 ppl over there with the pitchforks out....lots of ppl canceling eso+

ESO Plus is a con anyway. They add new items and materials all the time yet they cap bank and carry weight so as the game goes on, the craft bag becomes more and more essential. I want to buy permanent craft bag. Or be able to max my bank space threefold and have it not cost months and months of caps to do so.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • dronarg
    dronarg
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillEZOS_BillE
    mod
    Over the weekend Steam users were encountering issues logging into ESO. The issues related to Steam players logging in to the PC/Mac megaservers should now be resolved at this time.

Haha !

:#:D
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Probably been mentioned already, but why don't you guys email every Steam user a code for something small, like a non-combat pet, that will require people to activate it on the ZOS website. That does fix the issue of Steam users not being able to login using the .exe file bypassing Steam. It would be a small token of goodwill to those people who have been having issues (I know it's Steam's problem and not your's, but still) and also fix the problem! :smile:
    Edited by adeptusminor on June 19, 2018 7:17PM
  • rikiba
    rikiba
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to unlink from steam now. When I bought the game I had no idea it would cause these issues.
  • TootYFruits
    TootYFruits
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we please get an update?
    PC - EU - EP
    1000+ CP | Black Ivvy | - Sorcerer - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - Flawless Conqueror
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    worir5 wrote: »
    We should take the ESO steam servers and push it somewhere else!

There are no ESO steam servers - just a broken ZOS PC EU server

• idwilson
    idwilson
    ✭✭
    I've bought quite a few crowns and won't be doing that against a background of disinterested customer service. I can imagine being tempted away to play something else. I'm not sure that I need ESO+ to pvp, but perhaps I will try that when my current sub runs out in July.
  • Danny_UK
    Danny_UK
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still having issues logging in through Steam. I mean it's ruining it for several people as they can't do their writs and missing out on time lost with guild store items for sale.
  • Eohor
    Eohor
    ✭✭
    We lost maybe 10 ESO+ days during the last months because of your f***ing garbage servers (And please don't blame Steam for that as everything works fine with them for more than a decade) and all we get as a compensation is an extra psijic crate that we should have won anyway?
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It's been 8h. Any update?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs