Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Compared to the old Crown Store ad, how well-informed do you feel now about Crown Store offerings?

weedgenius
weedgenius
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not asking about whether it is annoying or whether you like the stuff in the Crown Store, etc. I'm wondering specifically how well the new advertisement does its job of advertising what is available in the Crown Store, compared to the old advertisement.
PS4 NA
Better Homes & Gardens

Compared to the old Crown Store ad, how well-informed do you feel now about Crown Store offerings? 239 votes

I feel more informed
11%
qwjr8989_ESOAcrolasAhPook_Is_HereVarysQUEZ420KuwharLupusdiabolusHEXENWOLFXDark_One13SovjetcpuScientistBRCOURTNCerilonA_SilveriusExcalticred_emuAlienatedGoatdeano469sau02adgIlithyania 27 votes
I feel less informed
49%
driosketchWatchYourSixxMoloch1514SlurgEarrindocalitrumanb14_ESOdannymcgr81b14_ESOGreevirWhiteCoatSyndromeSkuaGythralAimoraLark82ixiekwisatzzariadanno8AurielleIselinRosveen 118 votes
No difference
25%
Casterialvailjohn_ESOInklingsValvedennissomb16_ESOfioskalYukon2112Thestephenmcraeub17_ESOLoralai_907ElsonsobottleofsyrupHidesFromSunDanteYodaEdziuHvzedaNolaArchEnemy-of-ColdharbourAdamBourkeAesthierFranieck 62 votes
Other
13%
MojmirMarginisAlienSlofthestud2012MilvanMattock_RomulusVaxtinTheWolffeyiixeNNNNNkamimarkRomoGarishViziercode65536MenegrothDenMoriaFleetwoodSmackLadyNalcaryaOutLaw_Nynxgeonsocal 32 votes
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Well-Informed?

I just want to soul trap whoever had that idea and blast his/her soul gem to oblivion.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's less helpful than I hoped it would be, more helpful than the same thing that showed up previously that was just smaller, about as helpful as just going into the crown store in the menu on login like I always have. I'd much prefer a quick list of the most recent news articles from the website, because you don't really get to see those too often (particularly on console) and they are leagues more helpful than the silly crown store ad.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Two times I missed new items in the Crown Store. Too much useless information, I guess.
    Edited by logarifmik on June 14, 2018 4:43PM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you getting paid for this post?
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    Are you getting paid for this post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLFB25CT5k8
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Well... given all the commercials they run you can't be LESS informed. Me, since I don't use the crown-store, I really can't say.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    No idea, add on closes it asap.
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    ...because of the urge to close that big repetitive invasive crap.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less informed because it’s just overwhelming and I exit out of it ASAP without paying any attention to it whatsoever.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I'm so used to pressing esc after logging in by now that I don't really see anything they advertise.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I don't like that new ads show on each relog. I am so annoyed by it that I usually just close it and not even pay attention, it's handy mostly to claim daily rewards.
    I used to have it blocked by addon, but then I started to forget about new additions to store completely cause of it :D
    Also the first thing it shows is Summerset advertisement - and it encourages me to upgrade, even though I already have Summerset :| So to learn if there are any new things in store I have to scroll to next page each time, this is very irritating.

I really preferred old window which was displayed only when there were changes/additions in store, and it was much less intrusive.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I don't like that new ads show on each relog. I am so annoyed by it that I usually just close it and not even pay attention, it's handy mostly to claim daily rewards.
    I used to have it blocked by addon, but then I started to forget about new additions to store completely cause of it :D
    Also the first thing it shows is Summerset advertisement - and it encourages me to upgrade, even though I already have Summerset :| So to learn if there are any new things in store I have to scroll to next page each time, this is very irritating.

I really preferred old window which was displayed only when there were changes/additions in store, and it was much less intrusive.

That one I'll give you. You'd think they'd KNOW that you already have Summerset and not keep reminding you to upgrade. They do that on the forums as well. Very annoying.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I hit ESC as soon as I tab back to the game when I come out of the load screen. I already own Summerset. I don't need to see offers for it.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    I just check in with the crown store subforum to see if anything new is out
    Edited by Jhalin on June 14, 2018 5:10PM
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I have the add on that blocks it so no longer see anything - the old advert worked much better
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't you just use your @ZOS username to post this?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    The times I want to see what's in the store are not the times either ad was presented. No neither helps, and I go browse when I want to do so.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    BuddyAces wrote: »

I think you are misreading the intention of the OP.
    The Moot Councillor
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less. I immediately click it closed without reading it.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I agree with what others have said.

Previously, it only showed up when something new was available, and I always was glad for reminders or alerts in case I was keeping my eyes peeled for something.
    Now?
    Most of the advert is stuff I already have (Summerset, Morrowind and all the now a la carte features from Morrowind)
    It is obnoxiously huge. Why? The half screen it was before was more than large enough.

Not only is it obnoxiously huge, but half of it is just black window filler. Only the top half is actual advert. The rest is just blank garbage taking up my screen.

So yeah. I get less info now because I close it immediately, and as soon as No, Thank You gets updated to stop the daily reward LUA error bug, I will be using it again so I dont even need to press anything to clear my screen up.

By all means, advertise the crown store stuff, but for the love of all thats sacred, spare those of us who own the chapters already from being spammed by adverts to purchase them, at the very least.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    No difference.... I ignore the ad just the same as I used to.

edit: actually, I probably ignore it more, because it's more annoying, so I close it faster. The old one, I might look at once in a blue moon.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on June 14, 2018 5:32PM
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Before it showed you new items. Now theres too much info to sort through and most of it is irrelevant, i.e. already purchased.
    Edited by Pwnyridah on June 14, 2018 5:35PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I want an option to disable ads. They're just annoying, especially when they tell me to buy Summerset after I already bought it. Or at least they could make it so it only shows up once, after every crown store update.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Oh, come on! I LIKE being advertised to for things I don't want, don't need, already own or never will buy! It reminds me of using Facebook!
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Everstorm wrote: »
    No idea, add on closes it asap.

Yep. Same.

So I don't know if more or less informed... was there anything really new and exciting or just same-o-same-o?
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    BuddyAces wrote: »

If only that were true. Hopefully they pick up in the poll. It's worth noting that "other" and "no difference" appear to mean they aren't being reached by the ad.

Personally, I'd love to get the old one back and remove the addon.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    id prefer to seek out ads not have them thrown at me
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I feel less informed because the impulse to close the giant eyesore is greater than the impulse to see what's new in the crown store. And if I actually look at it, they're insulting me by trying to sell me stuff I already paid for once.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Hard to be "informed" when you close it out immediately.

Much like hanging up on the telemarketer as soon as they call.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    Hey, it's better than being cold-called.