The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Compared to the old Crown Store ad, how well-informed do you feel now about Crown Store offerings?

• Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    Hey, it's better than being cold-called.

Not by much... at least cold-calling doesn't happen everytime you turn on your phone (log in).
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Store popup used to appear when there was something new in the store, therefore alerting people to it. Now it pops every single day several times a day. Me and many other people I'm sure have grown used to smiting the thing straight into Oblivion every time it shows its face so even if there IS something new, it goes totally unseen.

I'm just now realizing the lion mount has been added. Was it today? Yesterday? Can't even say with so much advertising going on.

If the reason for this is to make people aware of the daily rewards which also show in the advertisement, there's a neat notification whenever they become available. There really is no need whatsoever for this massive billboard on our face. Once every time there's a new item/special in the store? Perfect. Once per day? Kind of defeats the point but still better than the current state. Every single time we log in? It only managed to condition people to totally disregard its presence having the exact opposite effect of what was intended, no doubt.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I already knew it was there, I already knew there was stuff I wanted but its always the limited crap and usually never have the money at the time for those thing so I dont really care anymore.

In other words I dont really bother with it.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    i can't see any ads because now i press ESC by reflex when logging a character
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    So much less as the urge to get that crap off my screen immediately overwhelms any desire to even look and see. I used to visit the CS twice a week anyway, now I totally ignore it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Why didn't you just use your @ZOS username to post this?

If only that were true. Hopefully they pick up in the poll.

They had plenty of opportunity to read our protests as soon as it hit the test server. But they ignored that and pushed it to live anyway. And you know darn well they are aware of it now, because they were closing complaint threads about it and saying there already was an active one to post in. Plus, they've had multiple patches already without addressing it. So I'm afraid we are stuck with using add-ons or manually keying out of it for the duration.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference

"Hi there! This is Rachel from credit card services...." o:)
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait for Q4 2018. ZO$ will ask for phone numbers for "multi-factor ID" for log-in. Then every time you log-in you will get a text message telling you what's new in the crown store.

ESO integration with facebook is next as facebook will suggest that you friend Pacrooti, who will DM you some more crown store deals.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I feel less informed because I now use an addon to block it entirely whereas before I wouldn't mind seeing it every couple of weeks when something changed. It used to help me know when That Thing I Like is being sold, but now if I forget when something is only being sold on one of those sUpEr TrEnDy limited-time sales, then oh well, I guess I won't spend crowns and won't need to buy more anytime soon.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    No difference. I ignore the in-game ad completely, turn it off ASAP. I get my news about new crown store items from the forum or from Facebook posts, as I always have.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No difference
    Only watch month showcase and datamined stuff.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Nothing matters except what the guy with the purse stings at Zenimax says
    & since ZOS cannot sack said guy, they are unable to fix any issues

So massive ads for the content most that are seeing it already have are here to stay,
    unless the whales stop spending in massive herds,
    then maybe the guy with a now empty purse may leave (but will probably blame ZOS and shutter ESO rather than admit blame)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    They don't care.

They'll look at click-through-rate and purchase rates to make their decision. If you want it to go away, don't click or buy from the window.
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Like many others, I am now less informed. For me, it's because my eyes now go immediately to the login reward, I grab it, and exit out. At least when the ad was on the side and not sharing screen space with a login reward, I'd glance at it once in a while.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed

Just wait for Q4 2018. ZO$ will ask for phone numbers for "multi-factor ID" for log-in. Then every time you log-in you will get a text message telling you what's new in the crown store.

ESO integration with facebook is next as facebook will suggest that you friend Pacrooti, who will DM you some more crown store deals.

Well, I already got an email this week letting me know that Summerset was available...

The Moot Councillor
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Similar to other commenters. I log in and out of multiple toons / characters to do daily writs, and it's just exited out automatically. I don't enjoy that GIANT advertisement in my face, it really ruins the immersion / roleplaying aspect of this MMORPG. I was perfectly happy to shop for costumes / houses / other cosmetics (zos can check my purchase history if they want) but not like this. I don't even know what's new in the crown store anymore because the ad banner is always full screen sized and it feels like it's screaming at me to buy something so I just exit out.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference

Crap. We'll be moving around that time which means my phone number will change and when I have problems logging in they'll tell me it's a Sony problem and Sony will say it's a them problem and I'll never get to play again.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less informed ofc, because I'm forced to use "disable announcements" add-on.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    The full screen add is okay, but every frigging time.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I'm less informed, because I use an ad blocker addon now, because I can't be arsed to click it away 209348750987230987523 times a day. If it showed whenever there was anything new, I would look through it to see if I want anything, then click it away, but now it's just blocked.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference

Crap. We'll be moving around that time which means my phone number will change and when I have problems logging in they'll tell me it's a Sony problem and Sony will say it's a them problem and I'll never get to play again.

I hope this came across as sarcasm because I swear I'm not this stupid. :)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less informed, only reason I know about the nightmare senche limited time offer is that the number of dot changes.
    It still try to sell me Summerset after loading an character in Alinor.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It was so annoying that I picked up an addon to disable it completely. Would have never done that with the old crown store ads.

So I guess that's technically "less informed", but it doesn't feel fair to go with that option since I never see the ad at all.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    No difference. I blocked the old one, too. I never know what is going on in the Crown Store, unless I see it here in the forum.

Edit: and that is the way I want it, now.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 14, 2018 9:23PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    kwisatz wrote: »
    ...because of the urge to close that big repetitive invasive crap.

Yep. This.

• Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    Same as it ever was. It would be more helpful if some basic logic were used to exclude things I already own from the ads.
    forever stuck in combat
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I have an add-on that closes it for me now. I tab out while I wait for the load screen anyway, so most of the time I don't even see it any more. Not as efficient as it would be if they'd never implemented the thing in the first place of course.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I am less informed as I use an addon to prevent it from showing, it's so annoying with 15 characters which I log on at least twice each every day...

I'm afraid something 1 day only will pop up and i'll miss it. Worth it not to have to close that damned intrusive thing 30+ times a day though. It's an insult to all your customers, ZOS.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Because I quick cancel out of it, I'm actually more likely to miss stuff in the store than catch neat goodies getting added.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    Until ZoS begins refining the main advertisement to fit what I already do and do not own I will continue to be blasted with "Summerset" adds which are irrelevant to me because I already own it.

NOTE: IF I OWN IT DO NOT ADVERTISE IT!

Because I always see the summerset add first I ignore the rest because to me it is saying that ZoS "has nothing new to show me".

I have almost missed daily rewards because they are attached to an add that is irrelevant to me.