The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Compared to the old Crown Store ad, how well-informed do you feel now about Crown Store offerings?

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Because now I use an addon that closes the ad for me before I even see it.
  • ZirconJunkie
    ZirconJunkie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Sometimes, I would look at the old crown store ad when it popped up with something new.

I don't even pay attention to the new one. It's intrusive and I get rid of it as soon as possible.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its bad psychology people get de sensitized to the add ..

It should only pop up with new stuff not the same every freaking time. I just close the dumb thing.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Just get rid of all forms of advertising from this world.If I really want to find something I will take time to do so.I( don't need some stupid marketing executive trying to shove the *** down my throat.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Ive missed a couple of new stuff that’s been released. I close it as soon as it pops up because “oh look it’s that ad again that pops up everytime I log in a different character”.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I pay far less attention to these new, giant, in-your-face ads than I did the old ads.

It’s like before the US enacted laws about TV commercial volume, there were low budget cable channels with commercials that would scream, much louder than the program you were watching. I have no idea what they were advertising, because all of my focus was on changing the channel ASAP. Eventually I started avoiding those channels completely, solely because of the aggressive ad tactics.

And my life was just fine when I stopped watching SVU reruns, just as I imaging my life will be fine without ESO, which will be th result if they don’t dial back the in game marketing.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I want to throw all the crown crates into a harbor. That's how I feel.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Luthid wrote: »
    I pay far less attention to these new, giant, in-your-face ads than I did the old ads.

It’s like before the US enacted laws about TV commercial volume, there were low budget cable channels with commercials that would scream, much louder than the program you were watching. I have no idea what they were advertising, because all of my focus was on changing the channel ASAP. Eventually I started avoiding those channels completely, solely because of the aggressive ad tactics.

And my life was just fine when I stopped watching SVU reruns, just as I imaging my life will be fine without ESO, which will be th result if they don’t dial back the in game marketing.

Good analogy
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I feel OVER-INFORMED...

...I get what I need from the launcher. I don't need to see another pop-up every time I log. They need a 24 hour cool down on the splash ad. Have it show when you first login. Then you don't see it for another day.
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    It was nice when the pop-up only came when something had actully changed!
    now ill close it without even looking. I actully installed a mod that blocks the pop-up entirely. Sure I might miss something but thats way better than the constant annoyance.

the old system actully had me look at it.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Because the pop-up occurs every log-in, I'm more apt to ignore it ... versus one pop-up whenever there was a change in the crown store offerings.

Whomever thought of this new idea shot themselves in the foot.

This is also a good answer:
    kwisatz wrote: »
    ...because of the urge to close that big repetitive invasive crap.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 16, 2018 3:45AM
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I got an add on to disable it.... sorta beats the purpose
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    Other
    Everstorm wrote: »
    No idea, add on closes it asap.

Yeah I was fine with before the change. Summerset finally pushed me to grab "No, Thank You". Definitely not playing on my Xbox while this exists.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No idea as I use "no thank you" add on
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less informed for the reasons already stated numerous times. I was using NTY to block the add, and simply collect my login rewards when I logout (since trying to open the Announcements thing w/ NTY blocking the ad automatically closes it on you). Now that NTY causes you to get a notification flood of thousands within moments, though, I just immediately Alt out of the ad the second I'm in game. So either way I'm not seeing when new stuff is added, unless I manually open the CS for something to check out a costume or something.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Due to the frequency with which the new one shows up (literally every login) and the enormous size, I close it as soon as possible without looking at it. It's a nuisance.

Previously the ad would only appear when there was something new on offer or something newly available at a discount. And it would only appear the once! So, I'd occasionally click on it or at least look at the store for new things.

The new ad is the equivalent to a car alarm... The ZOS that cried wolf is now merely very annoying white noise that I avoid at all costs.
    Edited by nudel on June 16, 2018 6:34AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I’m sorry, but the new ads ARE annoying, so much so that I use the add-on to automatically dismiss the ads as soon as they pop-up. So to answer your question, they are less effective because i never look at them anymore at all.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I use to check the old ad because it did pop-up when something was new, so I'd check out what was new.

Now I just close the tab everytime and don't pay attention to it because it's a constant annoyance.

Less is more sometimes.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Close it as soon as possible.
    Early on, I clicked on the login reward and then closed it.
    Now, I just shut it down and get my reward from the notifications or logout.
    More than once, I would've forgotten that there is a login reward to be claimed if not for the notification in my inbox.
    I assume the ad is still trying to sell me Summerset which I already have. I'm not sure. As a means to sell me stuff, this has been a disaster.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less informed because that huge box annoys me so much I just shut it down straight away and never look at it.