The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Compared to the old Crown Store ad, how well-informed do you feel now about Crown Store offerings?

• _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the monthly store forcast and I buy based on that. The add does nothing for me now or its previous version.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, if that helps
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Aesthier wrote: »
    Until ZoS begins refining the main advertisement to fit what I already do and do not own I will continue to be blasted with "Summerset" adds which are irrelevant to me because I already own it.

NOTE: IF I OWN IT DO NOT ADVERTISE IT!

Because I always see the summerset add first I ignore the rest because to me it is saying that ZoS "has nothing new to show me".

I have almost missed daily rewards because they are attached to an add that is irrelevant to me.

Oh, yeah, right, that's why I cancel out of it. It's trying to sell me Summerset when I'm logging in to Alinor. And, until recently, if I did page to the next slide, it would go from "pre-order summerset, to buy summerset."

I understand that the Crown Store is a major part of the game's cash flow, but it does need to be reexamined so when we're getting these pop ups, we are actually being bombarded with new information, and not simply stuff we've been seeing for two weeks obscuring whatever new goodies wandered in.
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Less informed since I use use an add-on to block the damned thing.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    Until ZoS begins refining the main advertisement to fit what I already do and do not own I will continue to be blasted with "Summerset" adds which are irrelevant to me because I already own it.

NOTE: IF I OWN IT DO NOT ADVERTISE IT!

Because I always see the summerset add first I ignore the rest because to me it is saying that ZoS "has nothing new to show me".

I have almost missed daily rewards because they are attached to an add that is irrelevant to me.

You mean that ZOS should have intelligent targeted adds? You see that requires actually coders and programmers. And ZOS fired all of those to hire more marketing people. So they even suck at marketing because even marketing requires programming.

Oh the irony.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Milvan wrote: »
    I just want to soul trap whoever had that idea and blast his/her soul gem to oblivion.

I let Mannimarco go to make room for him/her.... a nice, warm table with doting skeleton attendants, and flashing, full screen ads of irrelevancy for eternal viewing!

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No difference
    No different its the same only more annoying..
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Two times I missed new items in the Crown Store. Too much useless information, I guess.

Same. The first thing that pops up is for something I already own. Since I do a lot of alt swapping, I've conditioned myself to close it before the next item comes up. I've almost forgotten about items coming up that I was interested due to this advertising noise. It's even having a stacking effect where I feel like I don't check the crown store as often as I used to because I got it in my head there's nothing new to see.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I disabled the giant banner in my face with No, Thank You. I'm a little annoyed by the "hey, keep playing for 19 more hours and you'll get a new daily!" beg at logout.

I'm ESO+ and buy extra crowns on sale, so I'm not one of those "oh no don't put commercial stuff in the game!", but have some dignity, ZOS.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    weedgenius wrote: »
    I'm wondering specifically how well the new advertisement does its job of advertising what is available in the Crown Store

now i'm wondering why you're wondering...

when I read the thread title I was sure you had to be a zos employee in disguise...then I saw your id...

i'm fitting to fire up some mango crack in honor of your name...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before:
    It only popped up when the store was updated with newer stuff or sales, the window was small. This gets my attention and I check the store for those new items.

Now:
    It takes the entire screen, pops up every day. An addon closes it instantly whenever I login.
    Edited by Facefister on June 15, 2018 3:35AM
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    It's so obtrusive people skip it, missing out on the information. Zeni shot themselves in the foot with this one
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Making it bigger doesn't make me see it more than I did before. I used to glance at it to see if new items were added. Now I am more likely to close it without reading it because it feels uncomfortable.
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    I would turn it off but "No, Thank you!" is producing over 1000 (I'm not exaggerating!) bug-messages a minute at the moment, so I can't use it. :(

But the mega-ad is very, very annoying and I only pay attention to the daily login-reward.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Or maybe no difference, just ever so slightly more annoyed. I close the add asap without as much as looking at it. To many irrelevant adds. Stuff I already own or seen 100 times before. The 100th time shoving it in my face does not make me want it more. Just makes me want to look at the advertisements less. New things that might interest me stand out less/ is more work to find out. Besides I browse the store when I want anyway, and look at the forums for that. So the adds add nothing.
    Edited by Orticia on June 15, 2018 6:40AM
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I find the size to be rather distracting.

Very few screens in the entire interface are that large, which makesit clash in an odd way. If I honestly want to look at the new stuff for sale, I even need to lean away from my computer screen a few inches, since everything is so large.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I can't compare them, as I had the old ad always hidden. And I don't look through the things in the new one. So that would probably mean there is no difference, other than that the new one is more annoying due to its increased size.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    less. in the past the ad would only show up when there was something new, now i just close it without even thinking about it.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I have 12 toons that I log onto every day. I cannot take having the same massive ad for *** I already own shoved in my face over a dozen times a day if all I’m trying to do is click that stablemaster.

I subscribe and I buy crowns, I want to know what’s new in the crown store and if there are any special sales. (Notice, NEW and SALES are key here.) The current implementation is a marketing disaster, it should either be reverted to the old ad or redesigned into a less obtrusive and more relevant pitch.

Edit: For the record I do use an addon to close the ad. My sanity demanded it.
    Edited by Aeslief on June 15, 2018 10:22AM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Advertising like this makes people switch off in anger... install addons to block it... .force of habit to instantly close it etc.

Something that obnoxious and intrusive is counter -productive.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference
    I said the same, but I want to change my answer to less informed.

The mini-ad used to show several things at once, now the big ad shows one thing at a time.

Also, slightly off topic, it makes it feel much more like a free to play game, and generally like a cheap game, and I don't like that.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    [double post edit?]
    Edited by Violynne on June 15, 2018 10:57AM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    I was eating last night when I added my original reply, but I want to expand on it further, just in case the [people] who demanded the devs to initiate this crap do read these comments.

I feel less informed because I play the game on the XBox One X, on a 65" 4K HDTV. To say this ad is huge is an understatement. It literally takes up the entire view, and my immediate response when I log in is to button mash "B" to remove it as quickly as possible.

"But the daily rewards is on it too!" So what. The daily event is also screwed up and I absolutely cannot imagine how in the hell a group of developers managed to muck up the simplest of all things to provide a daily reward. The "countdown" clock is flawed, and now that my time is ever-pushing toward the midnight hour, I can almost guarantee there's going to be a perpetual lock on receiving the items I must manually accept.

If I don't accept them, I'm bombarded with the notification "bing" every time I change zones, which is horrible to deal with. This has forced me to take items I don't even want.

Between the ad and the daily reward, this new system is garbage, but the devs already knew it was garbage before they were forced to put it in.

It's crystal clear to me this was the design of people who don't even play the game they're marketing others to enjoy.

EDIT: Something broke. :neutral:
    Edited by Violynne on June 15, 2018 10:58AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Better visibility of the items, but only visually better informed
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    It is negatively impacting my playing experience.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • MrSensible
    MrSensible
    ✭✭✭
    I feel more informed
    I am substantially more informed. However, you can make the ads as big as you want, you've increased the number of purchases you got from me by exactly 0%.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    Shut it down immediately on login (over and over and over and over), and have no idea what is in the store. I am not one bit less angry at having this ad shoved down my throat at every character login, and will not be spending a single crown until it is reverted.
    Edited by Reverb on June 15, 2018 11:17AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Logging in:
    Currently I double click to dismiss two addon-errors then I immediately hit alt to close the screen and proceed with my daily escapade of inventory and bank management while I complete writs and collect hireling mail.

Until they keep to their claim of fixing what wasn't broken in the past and making it so this 'feature' no longer appear on every character login, It's just an annoyance to me. In the past it was rare and I actually gave it a glancing look even if I wasn't going to actually get anything, because I've only had 50 crowns for a while now.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel less informed
    When they only showed the smaller sized ad on the first log in after the crown store had been updated, I looked at it.

When they changed the ad to a full screen that popped every! single! time! I logged in on 13 characters regardless of whether there was anything updated, I downloaded an add on to get rid of it.

Less informed now.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel less informed
    It is too obnoxious now so I have it blocked.
    So I am way less informed

Didn't know the new lion was in the store until I saw it in game

The irony is that this seems to have had the opposite effect from what they had probably hoped
    Edited by Katahdin on June 15, 2018 12:37PM
    Beta tester November 2013