Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4 reasons you SHOULD be bunny hopping in battle

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/bd4P_VvQoh4

1) Line of Sight
• Allows you to still hit your opponents as they try to hid behind a rock or crate.
• Denies opponents the ability to hide behind their zerg as you attempt to burst them down.

2) Situational Awareness
• Keep your full speed whilst jumping and doing a 360 spin with your camera to see how many opponents are chasing you.

3) Block Jumping
• Have a ~90% uptime on block with NO movement penalty.

4) Negate Self Snaring Skills (forgot to mention in video)
• Jump + cast allows you to keep full speed while using skills that would otherwise slow you down.

I made this video and post because a vast majority of the community seems to thoroughly misunderstand bunny hopping. I hope my explanation will help counter some truly crazy suggestions that it's a symptom of mental illness demonstrated in this thread, and many more like it. Outside of active combat bunny is also used so signal friendliness (combined with blocking) or to try and get the attention of some players at the edge of a zerg to come fight you.

Peace
-Tay
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always lol at the people asking for jumping to cost stamina
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bd4P_VvQoh4

1) Line of Sight
    • Allows you to still hit your opponents as they try to hid behind a rock or crate.
    • Denies opponents the ability to hide behind their zerg as you attempt to burst them down.

2) Situational Awareness
    • Keep your full speed whilst jumping and doing a 360 spin with your camera to see how many opponents are chasing you.

3) Block Jumping
    • Have a ~90% uptime on block with NO movement penalty.

4) Negate Self Snaring Skills (forgot to mention in video)
    • Jump + cast allows you to keep full speed while using skills that would otherwise slow you down.

I made this video and post because a vast majority of the community seems to thoroughly misunderstand bunny hopping. I hope my explanation will help counter some truly crazy suggestions that it's a symptom of mental illness demonstrated in this thread, and many more like it. Outside of active combat bunny is also used so signal friendliness (combined with blocking) or to try and get the attention of some players at the edge of a zerg to come fight you.

Peace
    -Tay

I see a patch to "fix" 3 and 4 coming in the future
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahh, you guys look more like kangeroos than bunny wabbits. Ha ha. Hey, whatever works.. do your thing.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunny hopping is cancer in all games, and every FPS game is full of it.
    just leave that crap for quake.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I like how you took the extra time to draw the sun in your LOS illustration. Bonus points for artistry.

It would probably also have been worth mentioning that hopping can sometimes cause things like heavy attacks and gap closers against you to miss. B)
    Edited by Solariken on May 17, 2018 3:16AM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not worth looking like an 8 year old fortnite kiddy, sorry im not going to throw my pride away for a 2% advantage in a videogame
    Edited by Wing on May 17, 2018 3:21AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping has clear advantages in combat and thus makes perfect sense to do. I also am not triggered if I happen to see someone hopping around in Cyro or even in PVE zones.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for proving to other that this one is not mentally ill :smiley:
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looks ridiculous and childish.

Takes me back to the days of Halo where everyone was leaping around noscoping with sniper rifles or sticking you with grenades while in midair.
    PC-NA Goat
  • necr0o
    necr0o
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping in combat increases damage by 10% - fact
    Edited by necr0o on May 17, 2018 5:48AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope zenimax adds stamina cost to jumping.
    it is annoying fighting people and seeing people constantly jumping.
    i hate it.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking for a patch :p
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jumping while in combat adds 20% damage to Crystal Frags
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    not worth looking like an 8 year old fortnite kiddy, sorry im not going to throw my pride away for a 2% advantage in a videogame
    Most of them ARE 8yo kids...
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5) It triggers the hell out of people who are easily annoyed by everything others do that doesn’t fit in their view.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    5) It triggers the hell out of people who are easily annoyed by everything others do that doesn’t fit in their view.

This one outweighs the rest xD
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always funny knocking some one on their a*** while they are jumping around and then they die because they couldn't recover :trollface:
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always loathed hopping mag sorcs. Then I started to level one and I can’t stop jumping around. I kind of hate myself for it but there is definitely something to be said about the sluggish nature of remaining in contact with the ground all the time and casting spells. Jumping really does make battle flow more smoothly. In PvE it doesn’t matter so much but in PvP it does.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5) its super annoying, makes you look like a jerk and players will focus you. Not bad for tanking, kinda of a ranged taunt I guess.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping also makes it so you take an extra longer stun from clench... let that sink in. That is quite real and it makes me chuckle.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bunny hopping to line of sight is weak and pathethic, YOU CRITICAL CHARGE FOR EXAMPLE TOWARDS YOUR TARGET, RIGHT TROUGH THE MASSIVE ZERG, YOU IGNORE ALL, YOU SPAM IMMOVABLE POTS AND SMASH THEM IN THE NUTS!!!!!!
    See, i have a rage problem whenever i see or smell testicl3s of my enemies i cant contain my inner rage.

Even tough you might have a 99% change of failing, you MUST in all occasions PUSH towards whatever is your target! this way is the only way to prove yourself as a proud Orc in the name of Malacath!
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but riddle me this...
    Why do bunny hoppers hop around to everywhere in PVE? I understand they practicing their rotation, as you see them barswap and fire off skills, whilst light attacking in between (all whilst running to a point and hopping).
    To me this is weird and unhealthy behaviour, maybe as a one off but when they do it everywhere then I think they need to just shut off for a moment.

Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you cannot dodge roll while jumping just wait for them sorcs to be mid air before you let them eat your damage combo.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Still looks ridiculous and childish.

Takes me back to the days of Halo where everyone was leaping around noscoping with sniper rifles or sticking you with grenades while in midair.

The extreme on halo, was to jump and spam your crouch button mid air - during a Battle Rifle (BR) standoff.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horker wrote: »
    Bunny hopping to line of sight is weak and pathethic, YOU CRITICAL CHARGE FOR EXAMPLE TOWARDS YOUR TARGET, RIGHT TROUGH THE MASSIVE ZERG, YOU IGNORE ALL, YOU SPAM IMMOVABLE POTS AND SMASH THEM IN THE NUTS!!!!!!
    See, i have a rage problem whenever i see or smell testicl3s of my enemies i cant contain my inner rage.

Even tough you might have a 99% change of failing, you MUST in all occasions PUSH towards whatever is your target! this way is the only way to prove yourself as a proud Orc in the name of Malacath!

Bonus points for brandishing your axe with the fire memento mid battle when the boss does his burst damage. Will get you the utmost respect from your healer and the admiration of fellow Orcs.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

If bunny hopping throws your pride away, your pride might be based on the wrong things ;).
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please make players unable to initiate any skills or block while jumping, and make jumping cancel any blocking or skill casting already initiated.

Pvp jumping needs to die, its a disgrace upon the game.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always bunny hop to check how many players are coming and if i can hit any while jumping up and down!
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Literally this is my number 1 reason
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I always lol at the people asking for jumping to cost stamina

Why not? Are you afraid of something? :D