The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4 reasons you SHOULD be bunny hopping in battle

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5) It can get you that little bit further when stunned, you'll continue traveling in the direction you chose until you hit the ground. IDK if mentioned yet.

It does come with issues like being a pain with melee skills, and stopping sped up momentum if on a flat/up hill surface.
    Edited by ak_pvp on May 17, 2018 3:20PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how you also labeled the sun in your illustration :blush:
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bd4P_VvQoh4

1) Line of Sight
    • Allows you to still hit your opponents as they try to hid behind a rock or crate.
    • Denies opponents the ability to hide behind their zerg as you attempt to burst them down.

2) Situational Awareness
    • Keep your full speed whilst jumping and doing a 360 spin with your camera to see how many opponents are chasing you.

3) Block Jumping
    • Have a ~90% uptime on block with NO movement penalty.

4) Negate Self Snaring Skills (forgot to mention in video)
    • Jump + cast allows you to keep full speed while using skills that would otherwise slow you down.

I made this video and post because a vast majority of the community seems to thoroughly misunderstand bunny hopping. I hope my explanation will help counter some truly crazy suggestions that it's a symptom of mental illness demonstrated in this thread, and many more like it. Outside of active combat bunny is also used so signal friendliness (combined with blocking) or to try and get the attention of some players at the edge of a zerg to come fight you.

Peace
    -Tay

I see a patch to "fix" 3 and 4 coming in the future

I hope so.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've likely resurfaced another...ZOS needs to take action on X

-Lump this in with Animation Cancelling.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prioritize killing bunny hoppers
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I remember bunny-hopping around 25 years ago!.. Only back then it was for a huge speed advantage..:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jm9iGW2Co

Too old for that stuff now.. Knees are shot :-p

See this stuck around, and it no longer became about speed it became about moving hitboxes.
    People do it in overwatch where the hitboxes are huge and it has no advantage at all.
    They don't understand what it originally was, now it is just a meme that every multiplayer FPS game, you have to bunny hop.
    It was cancerous then, and is still now. It was an unintended manipulation of the game (same as rocket jumping) that players found, not a dev intended mechanic (same as weaving in ESO)
    People in battlefield bunny hop, where the devs purposely made it so that bunny hopping decreases your speed! in an attempt to get rid of it.
    The worse culprit atm is titanfall 2, where it is bunny hopping, into slide and air strafe.
    The game is brilliant but the crap you have to do just to compete is ridiculous.

Some of us played way, way too much quake and can't even stop. I just start doing it when I get into a flow of snap shotting, I have to consciously stop myself. The various cadences have been ingrained, I aim flawlessly when I can maintain it, even if only for a few seconds.
    It wasn't cancerous back when it was actually relevant, it was fun as hell, especially when team fortress and Tribes and weapons factory and action quake ect came about. If you were actually around for it and didn't participate, I genuinely feel sorry for you, that's a long, long time to be stuck in molasses.
    Sounds like you've been a walking pack of ammo for a quarter of a decade.

Wow! a fellow TF player!! The original? Quakeworld?

Not to mention, I played soldier mostly. Jumping also made it easier to aim with a rocket-launcher since you normally aim at their feet - so even if you miss(this was pre-broadband - so lag was real), you hit the floor and the blast still gets them. Jumping was also a way to avoid this..

Then there was bouncing - I loved that.. Hit an enemies feet, blast throws him into the air - and you predict where he will land, and aim your next shot (and grenade) there...

clans, leagues - all player-made and ran.. community was awesome.

Edited by Biro123 on May 17, 2018 4:14PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it also remove roots if you transition out of the range of the root in the jump? E.g. talons
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just leave this here....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0m2axpU04
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on May 17, 2018 4:27PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/bd4P_VvQoh4

1) Line of Sight
    • Allows you to still hit your opponents as they try to hid behind a rock or crate.
    • Denies opponents the ability to hide behind their zerg as you attempt to burst them down.

2) Situational Awareness
    • Keep your full speed whilst jumping and doing a 360 spin with your camera to see how many opponents are chasing you.

3) Block Jumping
    • Have a ~90% uptime on block with NO movement penalty.

4) Negate Self Snaring Skills (forgot to mention in video)
    • Jump + cast allows you to keep full speed while using skills that would otherwise slow you down.

I made this video and post because a vast majority of the community seems to thoroughly misunderstand bunny hopping. I hope my explanation will help counter some truly crazy suggestions that it's a symptom of mental illness demonstrated in this thread, and many more like it. Outside of active combat bunny is also used so signal friendliness (combined with blocking) or to try and get the attention of some players at the edge of a zerg to come fight you.

Peace
    -Tay

Jump + block is a duel challenge, not a way of saying “Hi”

But it’s a challenge to a friend I guess, otherwise you’d just attack.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget about the main disadvantage: when bunny hopping you will draw more aggro in PvP
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biggest reason is timing. It’s like a metronome or a ticking clock in game that helps me time burst and GCD.

That’s my only reason to do it.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taylor_MB on Xbox you can also use bunny hopping to allow you to bar swap without losing momentum since the default and unchangeable settings have bar swap on the d pad below the movement stick
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UppGRAYxDD
    That's an advantage :D. As someone mentioned above the main disadvantage is not being able to dodge roll, but if you are bunny hopping on a ranged build there shouldn't be a need for an emergency roll.

@Lexxypwns
    I could never play this game without a keyboard (or UI addons), there is just too much going on.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel