The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why people jump in PvP?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Simple question; why do several players in PvP jump non-stop while taunting from distance or even while fighting?

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunny Hopping.

It's an obsessive behavior common to all forms of Multiplayer Gaming. It serves no genuine purpose other than to be annoying.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people believe this makes you harder to hit, some people are wrong.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halo players...
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Bunny Hopping.

It's an obsessive behavior common to all forms of Multiplayer Gaming. It serves no genuine purpose other than to be annoying.

Works in CS. I can get to my spot like a second faster that way! Or 3 seconds slower if I screw it up even by a milisecond! Worth it.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works in shooters, I stay vertical in Destiny. Wouldn't know in ESO, I play this game for PvE and Destiny for PvP...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A syndrome caused by excessive carrots in one's diet.
    If only they knew how dumb they look! lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 1, 2017 12:23AM
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it comes from first person shooter games where verticality is an issue and you can mess up shooting under or over someone, or where the key is to hit not just their 'hit box' but get a head shot...

Play some Overwatch, and this is how you tell the MMO players from WoW apart from the FPS players... The WoW and MMO people, like me - are sitting targets the FPS people pick off like crazy.

But in an MMO... it just makes it harder for THEM to target things because they're distracting their fingers from focusing on their actual attacks and more controlled horizontal movement.
    Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Simple question; why do several players in PvP jump non-stop while taunting from distance or even while fighting?

Because the teabag has more impact from greater altitude?
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To zerg. Its the only fun that left in this game. Spam 2 skills and watch health bars melt till 1 side decides to start using the overpowered destro ultimate/ unstoppable potion combo
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are used to wow pvp, they just carry over the A.D.D. into eso
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jump when I either find a friendly foe, or just because its an outlet for nervous energy.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the same as fidgeting. Myself, i jump around ALL THE TIME. Feels faster.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    It works in shooters, I stay vertical in Destiny. Wouldn't know in ESO, I play this game for PvE and Destiny for PvP...

There are no head-shots in ESO.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason mag sorcs are particularly susceptive to this behaviour. I think they feel like they are moving faster.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    for some reason mag sorcs are particularly susceptive to this behaviour. I think they feel like they are moving faster.

True true! LOL

I cast a shield in between my jumps.
    Edited by andreasranasen on August 1, 2017 12:53AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do it in PVE
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mental illness
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely spamming the jump button inbetween your attacks slows down your overall combination time?

Weird habit to have tbh, you arent any harder to hit than you were before
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

To animation cancel...

You see this a lot with Sorcs as they are attempting to use Frags on you while skipping it's animation...

Essentially, they can get rid of its cast time and cast it instantly...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still convinced it's a subtle, difficult-to-prove CHEAT. Remember, you used to be able to avoid slaughterfish damage by hopping across the water! It wouldn't surprise me if there was still some undocumented benefit to jumping....
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no idea - maybe they have sore feet or the ground is hot where they are.

We had a couple of enemy players doing this the other day, jumping around on the ground outside a keep. We just stood on the keep wall and started jumping up and down ourselves.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do it on my magblade in PvP just to get in rhythm. For some reason it seems to help. Jump + light attack + ability, jump + light attack + ability. The jump sorta fills that split second filler space in between weaves and just makes it a bit easier for me to do so.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Truth is these are the players that just think they are awesome. They are usually the first to die as everyone targets them for being irritating.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    To zerg. Its the only fun that left in this game. Spam 2 skills and watch health bars melt till 1 side decides to start using the overpowered destro ultimate/ unstoppable potion combo

Destro ults r old...

https://youtu.be/wQVjj4AlkW4
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see someone whining and crying like a little baby about the destro ult, I just laugh so hard

It's soo far from OP. It's not even close. It's so easily dodged if you know the game.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit for my comment being off topic.

Edited by Valen_Byte on August 1, 2017 2:12AM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    DoShazarr wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

Destro ults r old...

https://youtu.be/wQVjj4AlkW4
    Blanco wrote: »
    Every time I see someone whining and crying like a little baby about the destro ult, I just laugh so hard

It's soo far from OP. It's not even close. It's so easily dodged if you know the game.

I dont think either one of you understood the question.

I'm not responding to the topic anymore with the above post.

I'm just saying, whining that the destro ult is OP is a ridiculous thing to do.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    They are usually the first to die as everyone targets them for being irritating.
    This would not surprise me in the slightest. LOL.

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    I don't know why other players do it, but I usually do it as a way to conserve my directional momentum without holding down WASD while aiming. It lets me keep moving in my wanted direction while my fingers press the necessary skill keys. It's also downright mandatory against the players that feel the need to attack you while inside your player model, where it's impossible to target them back.

From this thread.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Floor is lava