Maintenance for the week of August 20:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: North American and European megaservers for patch maintenance – August 20, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC)
On Tuesday, from 10:00AM to 12:00PM EDT, the forums will be undergoing maintenance. During this time there may be brief periods where the forums will be unavailable.

4 reasons you SHOULD be bunny hopping in battle

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭

1) Line of Sight
• Allows you to still hit your opponents as they try to hid behind a rock or crate.
• Denies opponents the ability to hide behind their zerg as you attempt to burst them down.

2) Situational Awareness
• Keep your full speed whilst jumping and doing a 360 spin with your camera to see how many opponents are chasing you.

3) Block Jumping
• Have a ~90% uptime on block with NO movement penalty.

4) Negate Self Snaring Skills (forgot to mention in video)
• Jump + cast allows you to keep full speed while using skills that would otherwise slow you down.

I made this video and post because a vast majority of the community seems to thoroughly misunderstand bunny hopping. I hope my explanation will help counter some truly crazy suggestions that it's a symptom of mental illness demonstrated in this thread, and many more like it. Outside of active combat bunny is also used so signal friendliness (combined with blocking) or to try and get the attention of some players at the edge of a zerg to come fight you.

Peace
-Tay
PC
NA | CP 801+
Taytaytatty - AD - AR37 - StamBlade - Former Emp
Tayderp - AD - AR15 - MagPlar - Stormproof
Tayrawr - AD - AR17 - MagBlade - Boethiah's Scythe - Inducer of Rage
Nottaytay - EP - AR11 - MagDK - Boethiah's Scythe - META Tank (zzzzzzz)
Taytayfattyy - AD - AR27 - MagSorc - Stormproof

EU | CP 0
NA is Down - AD - AR0 - StamDK

PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Ultimate Generation Simulator
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahh, you guys look more like kangeroos than bunny wabbits. Ha ha. Hey, whatever works.. do your thing.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping has clear advantages in combat and thus makes perfect sense to do. I also am not triggered if I happen to see someone hopping around in Cyro or even in PVE zones.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for proving to other that this one is not mentally ill :smiley:
  • necr0o
    necr0o
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping in combat increases damage by 10% - fact
    Edited by necr0o on May 17, 2018 5:48AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    Class Representative
    Asking for a patch :p
    Theory Crafter, GuildMaster, and Healer
    Kore Core, Mythic Raider, and Magic Society Former Core Heaelr
    ESO Healer Discord : https://discord.gg/TfjSbu9

ESO Healer Concern Thread : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416464/class-rep-healing-feedback-thread#latest

Class Representative Feedback Application : https://goo.gl/forms/gGFVynPcDcZn5yiH2

The Builds
    Synergizer (Pug Proof) - Mid Game Sorcerer Healer
    Dark Priestess- End Game Sorcerer Healer Build
    A Protector of life - Compete Warden Healer Build
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jumping while in combat adds 20% damage to Crystal Frags
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always loathed hopping mag sorcs. Then I started to level one and I can’t stop jumping around. I kind of hate myself for it but there is definitely something to be said about the sluggish nature of remaining in contact with the ground all the time and casting spells. Jumping really does make battle flow more smoothly. In PvE it doesn’t matter so much but in PvP it does.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping also makes it so you take an extra longer stun from clench... let that sink in. That is quite real and it makes me chuckle.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you cannot dodge roll while jumping just wait for them sorcs to be mid air before you let them eat your damage combo.
    Vivec - PC EU

currently playing...
    ... Dies-All-Day| Magicka Nightblade | EP
    ... The Whipster| Magicka Dragonknight | EP
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Still looks ridiculous and childish.

Takes me back to the days of Halo where everyone was leaping around noscoping with sniper rifles or sticking you with grenades while in midair.

The extreme on halo, was to jump and spam your crouch button mid air - during a Battle Rifle (BR) standoff.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always bunny hop to check how many players are coming and if i can hit any while jumping up and down!
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    5) It triggers the hell out of people who are easily annoyed by everything others do that doesn’t fit in their view.

Literally this is my number 1 reason
    Vox-ir - AR 43 - Flawless Conqueror - vAS+2 - vHoF - vMoL - Worm Wizard - Blackmarrow Necromancer - Amberplasm - Spiderkith - Master Angler

PC EU AD

1000+cp