The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    I am not however surprised that there are already people complaining about potential drop rates. :D

When receiving a gift from someone, do not be ungrateful.
    Except, this is not a gift. The Anniversary Event was a gift. This is them reacting to a mistake that they made, and it is reasonable for people to wonder whether they are actually correcting the mistake, or merely going through the motions of appearing the correct the mistake.

We are their customers. We pay them. As such, it is our obligation to hold them accountable. This is due diligence, not "rudeness".

And as I stated in my post, with a reasonable drop rate, this would indeed be an awesome change. I.e., I would be grateful. But that gratefulness is not unconditional.
    Edited by code65536 on April 24, 2018 6:49PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s continued feedback and thoughts on this topic, and understand the concerns you have. As such, we will add the ability to obtain the Pyandonean Motif Chapters through fishing, as well as in the Psijic Vault Crown Crate. As the Maormer are also known as the Sea Elves, it’s fitting that you’ll find these Motif Chapters while fishing in and around Summerset Isle. The plan is to implement this change in the next week or two on the PTS, so it will be in-game when Update 18 launches and the Pisjic Vault Crown Crates become available to those who pre-purchased the Summerset Chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, everyone, and we’re excited to have you try out the in-game component on the PTS very soon.

That is an awesome idea that the team came up with. :star:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s continued feedback and thoughts on this topic, and understand the concerns you have. As such, we will add the ability to obtain the Pyandonean Motif Chapters through fishing, as well as in the Psijic Vault Crown Crate. As the Maormer are also known as the Sea Elves, it’s fitting that you’ll find these Motif Chapters while fishing in and around Summerset Isle. The plan is to implement this change in the next week or two on the PTS, so it will be in-game when Update 18 launches and the Pisjic Vault Crown Crates become available to those who pre-purchased the Summerset Chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, everyone, and we’re excited to have you try out the in-game component on the PTS very soon.

This? This is smooth. It addresses the main concerns of the community, while simultaneously leveraging and improving one of the most underdeveloped parts of the game. Bravo.

Even with the inevitably low drop rate, this successfully alleviates the frustration most of us have been feeling. Just knowing there's a 'free' way to get it lowers blood pressure and deflates angst - even for those of us that are unlikely to actually fish for the silly things. It also helps stave off the siren song of gambling addiction that affects so many of us.

Whoever came up with the idea deserves a sweetroll AND a fishy stick.
    Edited by pauli133 on April 24, 2018 6:48PM
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Fishing <3

Lol @MyNameIsElias , I was JUST thinking about you when I read the news ! :-)

As a master angler myself (though on 1 char only, not crazy enough to repeat) I'm glad to have a new and significant incentive in going back to fishing !

Same! I've been working on MA with one character (though I fish as I also play the zone, so taking forever). However, my MA is my good character who will never get TG/DB achieves. So I'm gonna force my other character into it. She can grumble at me all she wants but since she's my master crafter, she's just gonna have to deal.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

@ZOS_GinaBruno will the pages obtained from the Crown Crates stop to be account bound? I like the new change proposed but you still need to remove the individual pages from the Crown Crates. Let us buy the whole book for 2k like the previous ones.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    We are their customers. We pay them. As such, it is our obligation to hold them accountable. This is due diligence, not "rudeness".

Let me correct that if you don't mind : we don't PAY them. We pay for their products. We're their customers, not their boss. Big difference (in position, attitude and tone).

And I don't disagree with your concern about the drop rate, I'm one of those who looks at the mouth of a gifted horse; BUT at least I wait until the horse is actually present to do so. So far, ZOS has never really tricked us badly with drop rates (with the one noticeable exception of the aetheric cipher). Just wait and see.

Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, this decision literally saved me as a customer.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Awesome, thanks for listening to our feedback regarding this issue.

Any chance we get to trade any unwanted collectibles (not just duplicates) for gems as well in the future? This would really help with accepting crown crates...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Ley
      Ley
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am not however surprised that there are already people complaining about potential drop rates. :D
      Except, this is not a gift. The Anniversary Event was a gift. This is them reacting to a mistake that they made, and it is reasonable for people to wonder whether they are actually correcting the mistake, or merely going through the motions of appearing the correct the mistake.

You got what you payed for when you payed for ESO, they don't owe you anything.

People didn't like having a crown crate exclusive motif. They asked for a change and despite our doubts, they responded with something positively unexpected. Instead of being grateful, people act like they owe them something and complain about drop rates they know nothing about.

Keep in mind, you said "If the drop rate is reasonable (i.e., someone who does Master Angler from start to finish can be expected to complete it), then this would be an awesome change." and I don't disagree with this sentiment but also keep in mind ZOS said that the pages will only be obtainable from fishing in and around Summersett.
      That's because a gift horse is more than you had and useful, but what if that horse liked to eat your crops meant to feed your family?
      I am also pretty sure people are misinterpreting that old phrase.

Anyway, the drop rate is important. We aren't going to let them get away with a token gesture that just lets them stick it up our backside again tomorrow.
      New motif obtainable in game is one more motif than you had available in game. Also when you say " We aren't going to let them get away with..." what is this implying?
      Edited by Ley on April 24, 2018 7:04PM
      Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
      Options
    • Talek
      Talek
      ✭✭✭
      PR brainwashing in comments, we shouldn't praise them for reverting back this horrendous idea. Good that they know that pushing garbage boxes too much might cost them at some point
      Options
    • eso_nya
      eso_nya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hi everyone,

U have a special assignment now: Grab a box of cookies and a can of coffee and bring to whoever made that decision.
      Thank you! <3
      Options
    • Edrein
      Edrein
      ✭✭✭
      Hi everyone,

While I like this idea... Could you please make them a rare drop off of Maormer's as well? Perhaps an additional chance for Veteran Hardmode Tempest Island? And adding to any of the Maormer delves/bosses in Summerset as well.

While I definitely appreciate the ingame chance to get it. As someone who's done the master angler grind, I'd rather take a bullet than fish for specific items. Especially with how polluted the fishing pool is now with the furnishing items dropping. Unless it's going to be a weighted effort with a guaranteed page drop every 50 successful catches, I don't see how this grind isn't going to be extreme and make this motif ever rarer than Buoyant Armiger pages.
      Options
    • AlboMalefica
      AlboMalefica
      ✭✭✭✭
      Talek wrote: »
      PR brainwashing in comments, we shouldn't praise them for reverting back this horrendous idea. Good that they know that pushing garbage boxes too much might cost them at some point

I’m sorry? They haven’t reverted anything, it was originally meant to drop in the crown crates only. This change they’ve made is absolutely stunning, on so many levels but apparently you cannot please everyone, really disappointing to see tbh
      Options
    • Contraptions
      Contraptions
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am glad to see that ZOS has decided to allow us to earn this new motif through in game means. It is good that the dev team, for once, has decided to take our feedback into account.

Now, if this were to expand to the Stahlrim and Grim Harlequin motifs, that would be even better. In the end, I hope all motifs should be earnable in game, with no exceptions.
      Patroller and Editor at UESP
      Options
    • Froil
      Froil
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hi everyone,

I just got on for today and decided to check the forums and saw this and good golly... Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and to everyone that posted on this thread.

Our voices were heard, our anger and outrage understood and changes were made for the better. This is a boon to all the peoples that wanted better drops from fishing and gives people like me that don't really like fishing a reason to do it, not to mention, the motif is available outside of the crates from it's implementation in a later PTS update to live!

I think I can safely say we've done truly outstanding work for the community, for the economy and for ESO's future.
      Once again, thank you to everyone; Rejoice!
      "Best" healer PC/NA
      Options
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I didn't need an excuse to go fishing to be Master Angler on a 2nd character, but now I have one!

This is a great way to keep the motifs rare enough to be valuable in a crown crate and still available through in game means for a population of players already used to long odds. The motifs cant be worse than the odds of getting that last blue fish I need. :)
      Options
    • Mystrius_Archaion
      Mystrius_Archaion
      ✭✭✭✭✭

You got what you payed for when you payed for ESO, they don't owe you anything.

Are you kidding me?!?!?!

This is a service. The cost and expected returns are ongoing.
      If they shut down the servers then we lose everything. If they never turned the servers on in the first place after selling the game 4 years ago then it would be as you describe, but this is a SERVICE!

I guess they really suckered you in.
      Options
    • luen79rwb17_ESO
      luen79rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is a very nice change! Ty for taking feedback ZOS and it's actually a great idea to add these sort of rewards from fishing for the rest of the zones. Like adding other motif Styles, costume pieces, pets! This would definately make me wanna go fish for reals! :smile:
      PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
      Options
    • OrdoHermetica
      OrdoHermetica
      ✭✭✭✭✭

And I don't disagree with your concern about the drop rate, I'm one of those who looks at the mouth of a gifted horse; BUT at least I wait until the horse is actually present to do so. So far, ZOS has never really tricked us badly with drop rates (with the one noticeable exception of the aetheric cipher). Just wait and see.

Well... that and the Vvardenfell furnishing plans, to be fair (and the Clockwork ones too, to a lesser extent). Those are a little bit ridiculous. Though in general, yes, I agree with you: the drop rates are typically pretty reasonable for an MMO.
      Options
    • OrdoHermetica
      OrdoHermetica
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      pauli133 wrote: »
      Hi everyone,

This? This is smooth. It addresses the main concerns of the community, while simultaneously leveraging and improving one of the most underdeveloped parts of the game. Bravo.

Even with the inevitably low drop rate, this successfully alleviates the frustration most of us have been feeling. Just knowing there's a 'free' way to get it lowers blood pressure and deflates angst - even for those of us that are unlikely to actually fish for the silly things. It also helps stave off the siren song of gambling addiction that affects so many of us.

Whoever came up with the idea deserves a sweetroll AND a fishy stick.

Agreed. I'm not a big fishing type, but I AM a master crafter and I make good money off of my crafting and sales of other items. This means that I can leverage those skills to pay the likely ridiculous prices they'll go for on guild traders. Which, hey, good enough for me. And it also means that I'm willing to consider Crown Crates again - not really a fan of them, to be honest, and I only sometimes buy them, but at least now I'm not worried I'll have an impossible to complete motif facing me if I open one.
      Options
    • Mystrius_Archaion
      Mystrius_Archaion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That's because a gift horse is more than you had and useful, but what if that horse liked to eat your crops meant to feed your family?
      I am also pretty sure people are misinterpreting that old phrase.

Anyway, the drop rate is important. We aren't going to let them get away with a token gesture that just lets them stick it up our backside again tomorrow.
      New motif obtainable in game is one more motif than you had available in game. Also when you say " We aren't going to let them get away with..." what is this implying?

This is just a "free car wash coupon when you buy a car". A cheap "free gift" that distracts from the real problem.

They didn't remove the motifs from the crates, which still dilutes the blue item drop pool and possibly the whole pool entirely. They haven't improved the odds on the ridiculously awful "Apex and Radiant Apex" items. They still charge much more than is reasonable for the crates given the only guarantee is consumables and a single blue drop that may be a consumable.

This is actually typical marketing. So they have to follow through well or you're all just going to fall for them crossing their fingers behind their back when they lie saying "we won't do this again", which they haven't promised to not be this greedy again.

P.T. Barnum said "A sucker is born every minute."
      The people working us over know how to work us over better than we know how to even recognize when we are being worked over let alone how to stop being worked over.
      Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 24, 2018 8:28PM
      Options
    • Mystrius_Archaion
      Mystrius_Archaion
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... that and the Vvardenfell furnishing plans, to be fair (and the Clockwork ones too, to a lesser extent). Those are a little bit ridiculous. Though in general, yes, I agree with you: the drop rates are typically pretty reasonable for an MMO.

Not in any MMO I've played. This happens to be the worst drop rates in any MMO I've played, but I avoid even trying the ones that are obviously "meat grinders".
      Options
    • Kybotica
      Kybotica
      ✭✭✭
      Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for listening. I and many others obviously appreciate it.

I do have to wait and see what the drop rates look like, because as others have said if it is as low as dust or ciphers, it really is a token gesture. I'll go ahead and assume it will be rare but manageable like B.A. motif rates from chests in Morrowind, which I would be fine with. Anything rarer, and we start having problems again.

I hope my assumption is confirmed on the PTS.

Again, thanks for listening, and working to find a solution. This may have saved you guys at least one subscriber here.
      M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
      EP Khajiit Nightblade
      Guild of Shadows
      Options
    • Shadowdream
      Shadowdream
      ✭✭✭
      Hi everyone,

Yay! A sincere thank you to you and the team for listening to our feedback and acting upon it! This is great news! :)
      Options
    • Mystrius_Archaion
      Mystrius_Archaion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm still cautiously watching my footing on this "slippery slope". We're trying to walk up it and they want us to fall flat on our face, slide to the bottom and give up and accept whatever they are trying to sell us for however much they want to sell it for.

That has been my whole point of caution after the latest post by them here. "Great! Thanks ZOS, but I'm watching you." They still have a lot of work to do.

giphy.gif
      Options
    • Avran_Sylt
      Avran_Sylt
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Didn't expect this. But pleasantly surprised.
      Hope Gem exchange rates and the worst case crate still gets addressed.
      Options
    • JWKe
      JWKe
      ✭✭✭✭
      I’ll be fine with it if they phase out the potions for motif pages.
      Options
    • MornaBaine
      MornaBaine
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hi everyone,

What kinds of drop rates? Because if they drop as rarely as, say, Aetheric Ciphers, then this would merely be a token gesture that changes nothing.

If the drop rate is reasonable (i.e., someone who does Master Angler from start to finish can be expected to complete it), then this would be an awesome change.

EXACTLY THIS. If it's up there with the Ciphers or even Perfect Roe then this is nothing more than an effort to shut up the critics. Unless they are willing to publish drop rates I'm still VERY skeptical.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
    • zassasaurus
      zassasaurus
      ✭✭✭
      People keep mentioning incentive to get master angler, or being able to get the motif while completing master angler, but unless I read it wrong the motifs will only drop while fishing in Summerset right?
      Options
    • Aeslief
      Aeslief
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thank you very much for adding the motif to fishing drops. It is great that you see how important it is to the community.

However thread has been about two issues, the other being the attempt to improve blue crate loot. This additional way to obtain the motif does not solve the problem of the blue loot table in crown crates. I hope you will also heed some of the feedback in this thread about why crown crates feel unrewarding and how adding the motif still makes crates less attractive, not more. As long as the upcoming and future seasons will continue to include individual motif pages in the blue or better tier, I will continue to refrain from purchasing crowns and crown crates henceforth.
      Options