Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Few points here:
    • I don't mind having the outfit system as a gold sink. I don't change my outfit daily. It also helps not making crafting motifs (in crafting) obsolete, since there's still value attached to having an item in the right style from the get-go.
    • They never took anything regarding tinting from ESO+ or regular players. They could just do a better job at explaining it. You can still pick "No Outfit" and you'd end up with the classic option to color your actual gear – rather than your outfit – for free. ESO+'s costume tinting didn't change either.

Oh, the gold sink is okay. That is in other MMOs as well. However, there is no reason for it to vary so much across different motifs - a chest should cost the same no matter what. Additionally, having dye of armor/costumes free with ESO+ membership then taking it away if you do an outfit is an intentional move to try an drive outfit token purchases.

If they truly wanted a gold sink though, they should have made the additional slots purchasable through the store (at a price close to market standard not 1800% more than normal) or with gold. Every other MMO I have played, the individual slots can be purchased with in game gold or through the store (at usually $0.80 a slot or $3 account wide) but not in ESO.
    What exactly is different here? It's the very same system, unless I'm missing something? Just as a matter of fact, Nirnhoned was initially also locked behind a "you have to find it to research it" barrier, that simply disappeared over time. Why we can't research multiple traits in parallel? Also simple, because there's only necklaces and rings. So with 9 traits you'll have to complete 18 research jobs. While this still takes quite some time, it's not really exorbitant or anything. Don't forget that the other professions have significantly more items to research, starting with Carpenter researching 9 traits on 6 different items. If you cut the lacking "do two more jobs at the same time" passive bonus, it will basically take the same amount of time.

Two things are different:

1.) Upgrade materials. Like the aformentioned other crafts in game, when fully upgraded it takes 8 of the item (for example Tempering Alloys to have a 100% chance of upgrade). It is already a bit of work to collect those. With Jewelry crafting though, you need ten grains which are then refined into one bar (upgrade material). So to get the 8 needed for a 100% legendary chance now requires you to get 80 of these grains. That is 10 times the grind it is today and different from the other three - it is not needed for any reason.

2.) Research - In the other three comparable crafts, you can upgrade to both reduce research time and the number of items researched. With jewelry crafting you can only reduce research time. Why? The other three all work the same but jewelry is the only one that works different. Plain and simple, it is to drag out the research time and hopefully have it so you buy those research scrolls - or if fully upgraded and only researching jewelry on one character, go through the 211 day upgrade path.
    Yes and no. While I agree, it's somewhat unnecessary, it's still a tiny progression reward for logging in daily. Don't forget you can do this on multiple characters daily and the only really significant modifier for most average day use is the mount speed. Endurance and extra inventory are both nice, but your main goal with a mount should be getting around faster.

There is plenty of other things to keep you logging in daily, especially when update 18 drops.. That being said, when new classes are introduced, or you later decide that an alt you created to someday level is no longer of interest, all you think about is how painful the six month slog is for upgrading a new toons horse. It is not needed and add ZERO benefit to the game at this point. In fact, it takes away from wanting to create new characters because of how dreadfully painful it is.

Edited by Wayshuba on April 21, 2018 1:00PM
    Options
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making crown crates a possible daily reward is definitely a step into the right direction, but I believe it's not enough. Until now, there was no way to earn crates for spending time playing the game and the daily reward (which is not a guaranteed crate from what I read) is not really changing that. Please consider making it so that time spend playing ESO equals crown crates earned, e.g. let us earn a crown crate for every 100k xp or for doing the first daily quest, or even both. For me that would make the crate system acceptable and I'd start looking into the items locked behind them and buy crates every now and then when I want some seasonal item, but couldn't get it from the free crates alone.

I wholeheartedly disagree. We don't need more systems incentivizing crown crates and the purchase thereof, we need them gone, with their loot tables distributed as in-game rewards and direct purchasables in the crown store. If ZOS wants our money they should earn it fair and square with honest methods, and not with a fishing hook in our noses.

Of course it would be nice to see them disappear and have all their content become part of other systems that are less RNG heavy, but I honestly don't see that happening, unless someone comes up with an ingenious idea how they can replace them with little effort and no impact on their revenue, or there are some new laws that force ZOS to remove them.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    2.) Research - In the other three comparable crafts, you can upgrade to both reduce research time and the number of items researched. With jewelry crafting you can only reduce research time. Why? The other three all work the same but jewelry is the only one that works different. Plain and simple, it is to drag out the research time and hopefully have it so you buy those research scrolls - or if fully upgraded and only researching jewelry on one character, go through the 211 day upgrade path.

Yes, they drag it out, because – as mentioned – you only have to research all traits twice here (not 6 times). If you could do 3 in parallel, people would complete it even faster, indeed making the whole thing less "exclusive" or "rewarding" (yes).
    Options
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edrein wrote: »
    Esha76 wrote: »
    Hey all,

As with all systems, we read your feedback on Crown Crates and are always looking for more ways to make them a rewarding experience. One of the pieces of feedback on Crown Crates we heard was that the blue-tier items didn’t feel as rewarding as our players would like. For as long as Crown Crates have been active, you have been guaranteed at least one blue-quality card or better in every Crown Crate, so these items are some of the most common Crown Crate items.

To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate. However, we also wanted players to feel like there was more than one way to get this Motif, so we made sure that you will be able to purchase the Motif pages with Crown Gems. That way, if you don’t get it inside a crate, you’re not prevented from acquiring it all together. The Motif pages are also account-bound items not collectibles, which means that you can convert every one you get into Crown Gems if you want. It’s also worth noting that all players have the opportunity to receive free Crown Crates during special events, as well as through the future Daily Rewards system.

Watch for full details regarding the Motif pages and how you can obtain them in our upcoming Psijic Vault Crown Crate article.

Though I appreciate communication from you on this matter, I’m afraid all you have succeeded at here is confirming many people’s worst fear: The simple fact that this style is exclusive to the crates.

You are no doubt aware, at this point, how unpopular this course of action is with many of your consumers. The ability to convert duplicate pages, at a much-reduced exchange rate I imagine, does nothing to alleviate the concerns and disappointment expressed by so many over this matter. And no offence intended, but your leadership’s reasoning of making crates “more exciting” is nearly insulting, if not actually. Apologies for the vulgarity… but don’t take a dump on my cupcake and tell me it’s icing.

But, judging by your wording, it appears this decision by your leadership sounds very set in stone. Please do me the favor of informing your Leadership that I will never buy these crates, no matter what exclusive pixilated happiness you put in them. I would have, however, bought the motif directly from the store at a fixed price. Also, please kindly inform your Leadership these types of continued practices will only drive my wallet elsewhere.

Though I will not speak for others, I do know I am not alone in this sentiment.

Good day.

That's the sad thing, as much as I hate the overbloated crown cost for some motifs. I'd have gladly paid 5000 crowns for the motif. Sure it'd technically still be around the $50 (on the lucky side of the RNG for the crates) as in the crates, but I'd feel a lot less like I'm being exploited by a company nor being forced to partake in a terrible gambling scheme.

It's funny you mention that... As I was reading other people's posts I was thinking: What if ZOS does the right thing, and drop this whole exclusive to RNG crates thing... Then puts more of these exclusively in the crown store. We're all then going to run around saying: "6000 (or maybe even up to 10000) crowns? Well thankfully they're not in those RNG loot boxes anymore..." ZOS will desensitize, and condition us, to their own nickle and dime'ing practices.

And the other really sad notion that just occurred to me... The following is all feelz, but still affects and matters to me none the less: I have been following this game since it was in beta. I have also watched the vast majority of ESO Live episodes. Up until recently, when I saw Gina or Jessica, it was exciting. They were about to tell us exciting news and updates about the game they clearly care so deeply about.

Now, when I see Gina or Jessica, my reaction is: "What marketing scripted manipulation are they going to try to sell me now?"

It's really sad. They are celebrities to many of us, for lack of a better term. Now they just seem to be a disheartening version of their former roles. Corrupted by the marketing leadership over there, turning them more into sales people, thus further perverting this great game.

"Let down" doesn't even begin to describe these decisions and changes being made by ZOS.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
    Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

As with all systems, we read your feedback on Crown Crates and are always looking for more ways to make them a rewarding experience. One of the pieces of feedback on Crown Crates we heard was that the blue-tier items didn’t feel as rewarding as our players would like. For as long as Crown Crates have been active, you have been guaranteed at least one blue-quality card or better in every Crown Crate, so these items are some of the most common Crown Crate items.

To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate. However, we also wanted players to feel like there was more than one way to get this Motif, so we made sure that you will be able to purchase the Motif pages with Crown Gems. That way, if you don’t get it inside a crate, you’re not prevented from acquiring it all together. The Motif pages are also account-bound items not collectibles, which means that you can convert every one you get into Crown Gems if you want. It’s also worth noting that all players have the opportunity to receive free Crown Crates during special events, as well as through the future Daily Rewards system.

Watch for full details regarding the Motif pages and how you can obtain them in our upcoming Psijic Vault Crown Crate article.
    It's quite troubling to read that ZOS is still pushing to put this in the Crown Crates. There are far better alternatives to improve the blue quality tier rewards; costumes, hats, tattoos, research scrolls... I could go on. Just because we can buy pages with gems doesn't make it any better, considering we''re still pigeonholed into buying more crates to get all the pages or buy crates to scrounge up enough gems together to buy the pages.
    1d7bh7.jpg

A bigger issue that I see, unless this will be disproven in an update by ZOS, is that its crate-exclusivity will also make it seasonal because and I quote:
    To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier.
    Edited by Aebaradath on April 21, 2018 2:21PM
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motif pages locked in gamble boxes? That's a new low. Gosh ZOS I just don't understand why you're getting so much negative publicity and why your reputation is taking such a hit...

J8VRELp.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the pieces of feedback on Crown Crates we heard was that the blue-tier items didn’t feel as rewarding as our players would like. For as long as Crown Crates have been active, you have been guaranteed at least one blue-quality card or better in every Crown Crate, so these items are some of the most common Crown Crate items.

Yes, blue rewards feel distinctly non-rewarding. But that's mostly because many of those are effortless fluff that would be better suited for a lower tier. Mismatched hair-clipping tiaras, blurry tattoos that look like drunkard's napkin scribbling, stuff like that. Stuff that next-to-nobody would buy if it was sold for crowns. Just this last time, I got one emote animation from a crate. Not even a full three-pack, just a SINGLE ONE (it was Flip the Bird, which I found oddly fitting). And to make things even worse, the blue tier of Scalecaller doesn't even contain any costumes anymore - they have been all pushed up into the "Epic" tier.
    Now, consider that for many people, blue tier items are the only substantial thing they get from the crate. Of course it feels unrewarding when all you get for your 400 crowns is a single animation, or a garish lipstick that removes your eyeshadows.

dqq5YSj.jpg

Would you honestly say that the image above is worth anybody's real money? And that's not even the worst crate loot I've seen. Once, I got three white items and a costume I already had...
    And, as you can also see in the picture, blue tier is not the only problem here. How is one beer (and not even a three-stat, too!) even considered to be a "Fine reward"? Or, since we're already digging into "Fine rewards", this:

ccQTtEx.png

What's so "Fine" about a single soul gem? Right now, I have 1964 filled and 730 empty soul gems, and I have no idea what to do with them, because they keep coming faster than I use them. Am I supposed to feel rewarded by a single soul gem that doesn't even stack with the rest? Now that all soul gems act as grand ones, the crown soul gem is obsolete. It's been obsolete for a year. Why is it still in the loot table at all? Mind, meet boggle.
    To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate.

Adding more excitement by filling the loot table with fourteen separate items that are only valuable if you own them all. I'm sure that everybody's already shaking with excitement. "Burn all your saved gems to get the full collection before the crate season ends!" Yay, I guess.

Want to make the crates more rewarding? I might have an idea: push all the consumables into the white tier, and all the cheap effortless bodypaints and makeups and novelty hats (as well as single motif pages and single emotes) into the green tier. That alone will make the blue tier feel more rewarding, because that way you weed out all the fluff and leave only interesting rewards (as in, items worth 500+ crowns).
    My point is, the crates would be a lot more popular if they were more generous altogether. Even a consolation prize should still feel like a prize, not like a Christmas gift from Dursleys.

That's about all, thanks for your attention.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just attacked another player's opinion saying:
    So don't purchase them. Get off your soapbox.
    What was I supposed to do? Am I supposed to listen to him and stop voicing my opinion or call him out as "the pot calling the kettle black" as I expect anybody who is not a doormat to do when it is necessary to do so? I chose the latter.

Not launching into a retaliatory attack seems like a good option. If you feel someone is baiting an aggressive response from you (or others), you're under no obligation to return in kind.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier.
    So this just caught my eye rereading it.

Starting with. So does this mean a mew motif in crates every season?

The Tsaesci style has the same tooltop as Pyandonean, so I assume Tsaesci will be the next Crate style. The one the community has been looking forward to for a year now.

I cannot proof it yet, but I have seen someone saying, that the skinchanger style had also the same tooltip. So there is still hope that it is what we expected it to be (midyear mayhem crown STORE exclusive)

Skinchanger says, "new life," IIRC. You're probably thinking of Grim Harlequin and Stahlrim Frostcaster, which do use the same phrasing as Tsaesci.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

So... you aren't doing anything essentially?

First of all, this is one step away from the sort of response EA gave on their Crates being "something for players to feel a sense of accomplishment."

Second of all, we all know how many Ann. Boxes we had to open to get Worm Cult pages, so you can imagine the idea of getting them from crates we have to spend real money on being pretty horrifying to most players.

And Third - don't act like you guys are ever "listening" to use until you stop going gambling crates and just sell the cosmetics for a flat rate in the store. I'm sure this doesn't apply to every whale out there, but personally I'd have spent more buying those special mounts for 4K each than I'd spend in crates and I'd be a happier customer b/c I wouldn't feel like I'm being forced to buy stuff I don't want and not getting what I do for my money.

Having RNG boxes for give-aways is fine, kind of neat even. That's free rewards, but having them as something for sell is not. There is a reason the industry is exploding on the issue lately and ZoS you could be leading the way in ethical handling of this issue, but no, you are being as greedy as possible and trying to ride the line as much as you can without being over it like EA and in a position that seems like people either have to stop being your customer altogether or work to get laws changed. That's a shame. That's capitalism I guess - corporations will take advantage of anything they can to make money until they are regulated b/c they cannot be depended upon to be responsible themselves.

But please don't come to use with "we listened to your feedback and are leaving them in the boxes as RNG pages" and act like you are doing us a solid.

EDIT: I still stand by remove RNG Crates all together, but let's compromise: You really want to listen to us? Make EVERYTHING in the crates, whether you own them already or not, able to be traded in for gems. It's almost more depressing to me to get an APEX camel I'll never use or a costume I didn't buy six months ago b/c it was ugly and be stuck with it than just get some potions I could cash in for a couple gems.

Honestly, it should go like this : APEX reward - choose which APEX mount you want or take X gems. Every other reward, cashable in for gems. And last, no pieces of anything in them, either all or nothing. You want to put a motif in, then put the whole book in there, not page by page where someone feels like they have to buy more to finish something (because we all know THAT is why you did what you did, not b/c you wanted to put more rewarding items in a category).

But we know that the entire concept of crates isn't about rewards, it's about taking advantage of gambling tendencies to milk money from customers, so you won't do any of that stuff. And we also all know the same people that think that is OK came up with the idea of giving customers an option to only get part of something they want, thereby encouraging them to try and get more gambling crates for a chance to complete an item.

I said this before, but how long until you start letting us win a horse leg, a saddle, a head, etc. before we can assemble a whole horse to get a mount from a crate?

But fine, keep doing it your way. I'll just keep watching my friends throw up their hands and walk away from the game until it gets to the point that I do it too I guess.
    Edited by xaraan on April 21, 2018 3:30PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Melos-TheMadChimera
    Hey all,

Getting some major "Pride and Accomplishment" vibes off this BS PR speak response.

if you truly want to make your crown crates more rewarding (be better and more consumer friendly to ditch them) then remove the clutter or give the option for a person to reject a collectible they don't want for gems, or heck adjust the price tag of crowns so players don't feel punched in the gut when they waste 50 dollars on trashy potions an poisons. The solution is to not lock content behind a gamble wall, content that could of been put n the game to give something players to do, give them more reasons to PLAY the bloody thing. Summerset is a joke in comparison to Morrowind and its cause of stuff like this.
    Options
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Will I get burned to sunder for saying, that I am excited for the new crown crate season, as there are some good items in them and that I don't mind the motif being in them ?

Yes, there are some excellent items in the crown crates this time round, its a new format, not only does the motif come in 14 parts, but so do each of the mounts, maybe you will get lucky and open your first crate and find a front right leg for a super apex mount, on your second crate you may find a front left leg for that very same mount and so on and so forth until you have collected all 14 pieces of the particular mount you wish for that are available in the crown crates for the opening Summerset season.. good luck
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

But please don't come to use with "we listened to your feedback and are leaving them in the boxes as RNG pages" and act like you are doing us a solid.

9soZfSS.jpg

Options
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]1zgqu8.jpg
    Options
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Naomi_K on May 24, 2022 10:08AM
    PC EU
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Want to make the crates more rewarding? I might have an idea: push all the consumables into the white tier, and all the cheap effortless bodypaints and makeups and novelty hats (as well as single motif pages and single emotes) into the green tier. That alone will make the blue tier feel more rewarding, because that way you weed out all the fluff and leave only interesting rewards (as in, items worth 500+ crowns).
    My point is, the crates would be a lot more popular if they were more generous altogether. Even a consolation prize should still feel like a prize, not like a Christmas gift from Dursleys.

That's about all, thanks for your attention.

Short of getting rid of the wretched things altogether, which is the best case scenario, if they MUST remain then this is really the ONLY way to make them NOT completely repulsive.

Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No motif should be in the crown crates! :(
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • Aeschere3
    Aeschere3
    ✭✭✭
    Will it take lootboxes becoming illegal (because really they're gambling) for the motifs to become available without jeopardizing your budget?
    ZOS please give Maormer skin
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeschere3 wrote: »
    Will it take lootboxes becoming illegal (because really they're gambling) for the motifs to become available without jeopardizing your budget?

Yes.

Companies have shown they can't do the right things just b/c it's right, they will do whatever shady thing they can get away with to make a dollar. Only regulation from governments can check it at this point.

Depending on just sheer capitalist tendancies, i.e. customers just quitting the game, only does so much when it comes to stuff like this. But it's where we are now and for me, this is the last patch to get things right ZoS (and that's only b/c I pre-ordered it - dumb for me, lucky for you). I left the game once for almost a year and came back, I doubt I will if I leave again. And I already know you don't care about individual customers, so no this isn't a threat, just a statement. We are each just one customer, but we add up.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Companies have shown they can't do the right things just b/c it's right, they will do whatever shady thing they can get away with to make a dollar. Only regulation from governments can check it at this point.

Well... some companies have demonstrated this, and unfortunately ZOS appears to be one of them. Other companies have realized it's much more profitable in the long term to operate a customer-first business model and build customer loyalty (Amazon), while sometimes also charging what would be a ridiculous premium if they weren't so genuinely invested in their customers (Apple). ZOS, meanwhile, appears to think it can charge premium prices while also treating its customers rather poorly. And maybe they're right... in the short term. In the long term? This is an awful idea, even from a purely profit-driven perspective.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 21, 2018 6:30PM
    Options
  • Aeschere3
    Aeschere3
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

Depending on just sheer capitalist tendancies, i.e. customers just quitting the game, only does so much when it comes to stuff like this. But it's where we are now and for me, this is the last patch to get things right ZoS (and that's only b/c I pre-ordered it - dumb for me, lucky for you). I left the game once for almost a year and came back, I doubt I will if I leave again. And I already know you don't care about individual customers, so no this isn't a threat, just a statement. We are each just one customer, but we add up.

I used to play this gacha game called Fire Emblem Heroes. It's based around what is essentially lootboxes. So many people got gambling addictions and spent thousands of dollars they didn't really have to spend on virtual items they weren't even guaranteed to get. I quit if fear of getting a gambling addiction myself. I really, really don't like that this game has them, and they're making certain cool things everyone wants exclusive to this system.

Lootboxes should be illegal for everyone under 21, or whatever the gambling age is in your country. Because they absolutely are gambling.
    Options
  • Aeschere3
    Aeschere3
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

I suppose the most surefire way to get the motif out of the lootboxes would be to talk to your US congressman about getting lootboxes banned for those under 21 (since Zenimax is a US company).
    Options
  • Fischman
    Fischman
    Soul Shriven
    I stopped buying crates after the storm atro season. Getting repeated consumables that i could not or would never use on a fully leveled character time and time again was what drove me away. These types of locked content aesthetic or otherwise will keep my wallet shut. I am so glad they continue to remind me to save my money with this level of bs marketing.
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol... fake post. Deffinately fake

Also, if your sitting at ZOS writing this stuff don’t use the friendly first person familiar version of the name, it’s a dead give away

Personally with my budget I simply cannot afford these things, I started saving two months back for the next chapter, it’s just to expensive to even consider the crates. I’m quite glad now tha I culled my charecters down to two, keeps a lid on these kind of dirty marketing tactics

My dear boy, I can assure you I'm not fake nor do I work for ZeniMax. I'm currently preparing for a shift at work in the sports betting industry. Keep saving dude, the Summerset chapter will be on sale eventually.

So you're already "a shill for the industry of ruining finances". It's no surprise at all that you would be ok with these boxes so long as they don't obviously hurt you. You probably make a ton of money to be able to afford this easily compared to the rest of us too.

Just because you are just detached enough to willingly assist in the bankrupting of addicted people doesn't mean that we should be also.
    And no, moving on or getting used to it are not the only options nor are they the best options. Those are your "heartless" options.

It is his/hers opinion. We should accept that some people are ok with it. No reason to get personal.

That's what they were doing. They were telling us to stop voicing our opinions. It's a personal attack against our beliefs.

Ever try to tell somebody "stop being angry"? It just makes them more angry.
    That same effect applies to practically everything a person does. People can only be changed if they actually want to.

Edit:
    AND, that person is "ok with it" because they work in an industry that is heavily regulated by the legal system because said industry has proven in the past to be "heartless evil money-sucking suicide-inducing meat processors", the "meat" being the people gambling who are not thought of as truly people by them or they would cut them off before they spend too much.

Anybody else hear about that woman from Minnesota who killed her husband for money to go to a casino in Iowa and gamble most of it away and then went down to Florida and killed a woman there to steal her identity and use her money and car and was just caught yesterday or the day before in Texas as she was headed to Mexico?
    Gambling addiction doesn't just hurt the people who are gambling when those people decide their addiction is more important than other people.

BUT You want to have your opinion accepted as well, so you should accept others to. doesn't mean you have to agree with others opinions. Yes gambling addiction is an issue. And again on my personal opinion, you attacked someone personally and I still think this isn't ok either.

Go back and read where SirAxen started this. He didn't voice an opinion about this at all to start. He just attacked another player's opinion saying:
    So don't purchase them. Get off your soapbox.
    What was I supposed to do? Am I supposed to listen to him and stop voicing my opinion or call him out as "the pot calling the kettle black" as I expect anybody who is not a doormat to do when it is necessary to do so? I chose the latter.

You're distracting from the topic now though so I'm not going to continue this point.

Attacked you? Heh. Wow.
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who are crown crates even for, at this point? I'm starting to think it's literally become the digital equivalent of trading cards. I feel like I'm 7 years old, trying to get a holo-Charizard or a Blue Eyes, when all I'm finding are trap and trainer cards. Each booster is disappointment upon disappointment, until I run out of foil packs and realize it was all a huge waste of time.

The pulls are just for people chasing one specific, excessively rare item, and exist only to be the icing on their cake when they get it. Nobody expects to get anything good anymore. So the dude who's looking for a Radiant Apex mount will probably make a killing, and have a wagon of awesome secondary objects left over from the $1,000-2,500 he was forced to blow through as punishment for caring about his characters' aesthetic (and the game's lack of alternative options), but everyone else is saddled with trash and incomplete sets of things they wish they hadn't bothered to obtain.

How the heck this is supposed to be exciting for anyone is beyond my level of comprehension.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting - Let's take the already heavy grind of crafting and researching nine tiers and multiply it by TEN. Why? So we can sell research scrolls, etc. This grind elimination is something that exists in free mobile games. It should not exist AT ALL in a B2P game with an optional sub. What other reason is there for Jewelry Crafting to have a completely different system than Blacksmithing, Clothing or Woodworking?

What exactly is different here? It's the very same system, unless I'm missing something? .
    You are missing something.

Nirnhoned trait items drop in 10 pieces that need to be refined, out of 2 choices also with Fortified and Potent. (Edit: I stand corrected below.)

Jewelry trait items do the same AND the upgrade items do also with the same super rare drop chance as a Temper but 1/10th of the amount per drop.

It's insanely slow.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 22, 2018 12:24AM
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

I suppose the most surefire way to get the motif out of the lootboxes would be to talk to your US congressman about getting lootboxes banned for those under 21 (since Zenimax is a US company).

Do it. Do it now, and with vigor!
    Options
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting - Let's take the already heavy grind of crafting and researching nine tiers and multiply it by TEN. Why? So we can sell research scrolls, etc. This grind elimination is something that exists in free mobile games. It should not exist AT ALL in a B2P game with an optional sub. What other reason is there for Jewelry Crafting to have a completely different system than Blacksmithing, Clothing or Woodworking?

What exactly is different here? It's the very same system, unless I'm missing something? .

Nirnhoned trait items drop in 10 pieces that need to be refined, out of 2 choices also with Fortified and Potent.

Jewelry trait items do the same AND the upgrade items do also with the same super rare drop chance as a Temper but 1/10th of the amount per drop.

It's insanely slow.

Nirnhoned trait items (fortified/potent nirncrux) do not need to be refined. You need one to make one nirnhoned item. The need to refine trait items and upgrade items for jewelcrafting is entirely unprecedented.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nirnhoned trait items drop in 10 pieces that need to be refined, out of 2 choices also with Fortified and Potent.

It's insanely slow.

Nirnhoned trait items (fortified/potent nirncrux) do not need to be refined. You need one to make one nirnhoned item. The need to refine trait items and upgrade items for jewelcrafting is entirely unprecedented.

You get the original item as "nirncrux" a 1/10th part of "Potent Nirncrux".
    Of course you wouldn't know that if you only buy it fully refined.

Edit: I stand corrected below.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 22, 2018 12:24AM
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's insanely slow.

You get the original item as "nirncrux" a 1/10th part of "Potent Nirncrux".
    Of course you wouldn't know that if you only buy it fully refined.

@Mystrius_Archaion

No, that's not how it works.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options