The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lot gems so this will be a good gem dump. Assuming reasonable gem cost per page.
    Love the style.
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot gems so this will be a good gem dump. Assuming reasonable gem cost per page.
    Love the style.
    How many motifs can you sustain that for though. I have enough right now for the motif pages in this season but if it keeps up then we're going to need to buy more crates eventually. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    I totally see the point Turelus but I don’t think I’ll need full motif if things get to unreasonable levels.

The fact that some people have high paying jobs and play video games is something all Companies are aware of for quite some Time also.
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I hadn't actually encountered anything in Crown Crates yet, even counting my spectacularly horrible luck, that made me think about swearing off buying them because sometimes I have a stupid spell and feel like the RNG might have forgiven me for whatever the hell I did to *** it off. But this...this might be it. Because I really do not WANT a single part of an outfit. That would not be an asset to my account, it would be a source of stress because of not having the other parts. It would upset me every time I saw it. And if we can't even refuse to take it in favor of gems....nah, don't think I want any part of that. They finally found a way to chase me away from buying the things.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    This is a monumentally tone-deaf implementation of a decent idea ("we want the blue rewards to feel more fun in response to player feedback").

If you want the blue crate drops to feel better for players, give them a chance to drop special untradable gold tempers that you can use alongside regular gold tempers (like there are already crown soul gems and gold-purchasable soul gems). That's useful, has no effect on the ingame economy, and it would be very exciting to get. Gold tempers are nothing to sneeze at, but no one is going to be able to gold out all their gear by relying on crown crate drops.

Respectfully, I disagree that tempers would be a good blue reward or a good reward at all. The reason that the white drops are so awful is that the same or better item is already available through gameplay. The only reason people buy crown crates is to get the things you can’t obtain any other way - mounts, pets, and costumes. The possibility of getting a temper instead of a collectible as the crate blue drop when my craft bag already has plenty of them, is about as attractive as getting an XP scroll as a gold item instead of a mount when I’m already maxed on all my toons.

Please no crafting materials in crates.
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

As with all systems, we read your feedback on Crown Crates and are always looking for more ways to make them a rewarding experience. One of the pieces of feedback on Crown Crates we heard was that the blue-tier items didn’t feel as rewarding as our players would like. For as long as Crown Crates have been active, you have been guaranteed at least one blue-quality card or better in every Crown Crate, so these items are some of the most common Crown Crate items.

To address this feedback, starting with the Psijic Vault Crown Crates, we looked to improve the blue-quality Crown Crate rewards by adding an exclusive Motif – the Pyandonean Motif – to that tier. The goal was to add a bit more excitement to receiving a blue-tier item from a crate. However, we also wanted players to feel like there was more than one way to get this Motif, so we made sure that you will be able to purchase the Motif pages with Crown Gems. That way, if you don’t get it inside a crate, you’re not prevented from acquiring it all together. The Motif pages are also account-bound items not collectibles, which means that you can convert every one you get into Crown Gems if you want. It’s also worth noting that all players have the opportunity to receive free Crown Crates during special events, as well as through the future Daily Rewards system.

Watch for full details regarding the Motif pages and how you can obtain them in our upcoming Psijic Vault Crown Crate article.

Single pages of motifs is not the way to go to make it feel more rewarding. It makes it feel even MORE like a cash grab. Removing consumable items so that you are guaranteed something fun for your money would be more rewarding. Giving us the ability to trade any item we get in for a much better return rate would feel more rewarding.

There are so many things that I would buy in the crown store if I was given the opportunity to purchase them, not gamble for them. I get my free crates and I don't buy more because I hate relying on the RNG to get things I want. I don't enjoy wasting the money I work hard for on things I don't want, and I hate exploitative business practices like these.

You guys make great content that I WANT to purchase. I already subscribe. If you want more of my money, give me the opportunity to give it to you. Get rid of the 3 day exclusives and give us time to budget the crazy amounts you want for things like houses and fancy mounts. Make the crates truly rewarding instead of exploitative. Truly pay attention to what your customer base is saying.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s continued feedback and thoughts on this topic, and understand the concerns you have. As such, we will add the ability to obtain the Pyandonean Motif Chapters through fishing, as well as in the Psijic Vault Crown Crate. As the Maormer are also known as the Sea Elves, it’s fitting that you’ll find these Motif Chapters while fishing in and around Summerset Isle. The plan is to implement this change in the next week or two on the PTS, so it will be in-game when Update 18 launches and the Pisjic Vault Crown Crates become available to those who pre-purchased the Summerset Chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, everyone, and we’re excited to have you try out the in-game component on the PTS very soon.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We appreciate everyone’s continued feedback and thoughts on this topic, and understand the concerns you have. As such, we will add the ability to obtain the Pyandonean Motif Chapters through fishing, as well as in the Psijic Vault Crown Crate. As the Maormer are also known as the Sea Elves, it’s fitting that you’ll find these Motif Chapters while fishing in and around Summerset Isle. The plan is to implement this change in the next week or two on the PTS, so it will be in-game when Update 18 launches and the Pisjic Vault Crown Crates become available to those who pre-purchased the Summerset Chapter.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, everyone, and we’re excited to have you try out the in-game component on the PTS very soon.

Thanks for listening to our feedback, and it's awesome that you're making fishing more rewarding.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

What kinds of drop rates? Because if they drop as rarely as, say, Aetheric Ciphers, then this would merely be a token gesture that changes nothing.

If the drop rate is reasonable (i.e., someone who does Master Angler from start to finish can be expected to complete it), then this would be an awesome change.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Let's just hope this teaches your company a lesson that helps you avoid future issues with us.

Also, can we please stop the limited time availability of items in the crown store?
    Go with a model like Steam, who you partner with to offer the game, where everything is always available but they have limited time "sales" to get the people who are willing and able to wait and paying attention to the game news or logging in to see the sales.
    That's a much smarter option because you get more money over time as many people either miss the items entirely as it is now or do not have the money to spare at that specific time, but would spend otherwise.

FYI, you really need more discount sales on items and/or crowns. Your prices are still too insanely high so I avoid spending on most things. It has to be "my absolute favorite" for me to buy something as your prices seem to be going up from what was already barely reasonable 3 years ago.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you so much! It is very encouraging that you and your team listened to our feedback and took some action! o/
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

What kinds of drop rates? Because if they drop as rarely as, say, Aetheric Ciphers, then this would merely be a token gesture that changes nothing.

If the drop rate is reasonable (i.e., someone who does Master Angler from start to finish can be expected to complete it), then this would be an awesome change.

Definitely an important point, but Master Angler is too long even.
    A reasonable drop rate would be a motif chapter every 50-100 fishing attempts, putting it at 700-1400 casts to get all if you don't get repeats. 50 would be best considering repeats since "RNGesus is quite the fickle god".
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

A sincere "Thank you!" for this change! :)@ZOS_GinaBruno

Though this is only a cosmetic item, collecting the motifs through in-game activities has been an enjoyable aspect to the game for me; it was difficult to accept that with these locked behind the purchase of the gambling crates, that completing the outfit style collection would be impossible to achieve through normal play.

The next logical question is, however, will the Maormer motif pages collected via Fishing be tradeable with/buyable from/sellable to other players, as all the other motifs are?
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

You are the best. I don't have words for how happy I am :smiley:
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be overenthusiastic, we should still see how the odds are I guess. :) Certainly a good change, I just hope the drop chances are somewhat realistic and outside the range of floating point precision errors (for those that understand what I mean :D).

But then again opened my very first Psijic Portal yesterday and got Psijic Ambrosia, so… :D
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, FISHERS REJOICE!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Fishing <3
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Interesting decision in regards to fishing, though one wonders what the drop rates will be like, not to mention the rates at which fishing spots respawn.

Still, a step in the right direction!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you, Gina! This is a great change! I agree that it's fitting (great place to add it) and I love that fishing will be more rewarding. I am curious about the drop rate, as others above - perfect roe rare, housing furnishing rare, or somewhere in between? Please not aetheric cypher/aetherial dust rare because that would defeat the purpose.

Another thing I am curious about is whether the pages are 14 items in the fishing loot table, or is it 1 item in loot table and then RNG determines which page it is (asking as someone currently working on Master Angler and wondering if I've got 14 more items or 1 in loottable to compete with that LAST rare fish in a zone, lol)?

Really though, thank you for adding an option to get the chapters in game. It's a much needed and appreciated change.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I can't express how excited I am to read this. Thank you all so much for revising the method to obtain this motif.

Truly. Thank you very, very much.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to hear that they will also be obtainable in game somehow. Thank you for making that change!
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, to be fair. Thanks Gina!
    EU | PC | AD
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Unexpected but awesome! This may have been the incentive I was missing to try out fishing.

I am not however surprised that there are already people complaining about potential drop rates. :D
    Don't Look a Gift Horse In The Mouth.

Meaning: When receiving a gift from someone, do not be ungrateful.

Example: After receiving a gift from someone, rather than being grateful, what if instead the person who received the gift started to analyze it to see if it measured up to their standards? The giver might see this sort of behavior as rude. Thus, the saying 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth' is sometimes directed at those who show such conduct when receiving a gift.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good news, even if the drop rate is abysmal it's still better than having to throw real cash around. Better dust of my fishing rod...

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno, much appreciated!
    PC EU & NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Damn! Very nice. Even if this is crazy low drop rate I am very happy about this and glad the community was heard.
    I'll stop being a grumpy bum now and go back to arguing about nerfs. :joy:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Thank you, these are very good news today!
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Hope they're a bonus drop too, not just going to replace a chance for getting the fishing 'cheeves done :3
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Giiiiiiina ! Let me give you a biiiiiiig (virtual) hug ! That's awesome awesome and awesomely awesome !!!!

Of course I share the concerns of those skeptical anout the drop rate and such, but... I choose to be optimistic.

I always thought it was useless to discuss design choices in these forums (especially the marketing oriented choices) and you proved me wrong.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !! (/dancingaroundthefishinghole)

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Unexpected but awesome! This may have been the incentive I was missing to try out fishing.

I am not however surprised that there are already people complaining about potential drop rates. :D
    Don't Look a Gift Horse In The Mouth.

Meaning: When receiving a gift from someone, do not be ungrateful.

Example: After receiving a gift from someone, rather than being grateful, what if instead the person who received the gift started to analyze it to see if it measured up to their standards? The giver might see this sort of behavior as rude. Thus, the saying 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth' is sometimes directed at those who show such conduct when receiving a gift.

That's because a gift horse is more than you had and useful, but what if that horse liked to eat your crops meant to feed your family?
    I am also pretty sure people are misinterpreting that old phrase.

Anyway, the drop rate is important. We aren't going to let them get away with a token gesture that just lets them stick it up our backside again tomorrow.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Fishing <3

Lol @MyNameIsElias , I was JUST thinking about you when I read the news ! :-)

As a master angler myself (though on 1 char only, not crazy enough to repeat) I'm glad to have a new and significant incentive in going back to fishing !