Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO : Summerset Datamine

• Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

Did you think they wouldn't burn anything to the ground ?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, by this datamine's reckoning, markedly less substantial content than Morrowind. I will reserve my final judgement until after the reveal, but so far it is not looking like much. One new skill line? And jewellery crafting? (which IMO should be a base game update).

Content wise it seems about the same as a DLC.

It would be very strange to lock Jewelry Crafting behind the double paywall that's called Chapter.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, by this datamine's reckoning, markedly less substantial content than Morrowind. I will reserve my final judgement until after the reveal, but so far it is not looking like much. One new skill line? And jewellery crafting? (which IMO should be a base game update).

Content wise it seems about the same as a DLC.

Agreed. I guess I will always to see what the price is, and I guess how cool the mount is, but all I can think is that isn’t much....
    Options
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    TAKE MY MONEY MY BLOOD MY FIRST BORN JUST GIMME MY DIGITAL GOOOOOOOOODDDSSSSS
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I never saw any evidence that spellcrafting WOULD be a part of chapter 2. Not sure how that notion became so popular with the forumfolk.

We speculated and people wanted to believe it.

Either way if it doesn't have spell crafting, it has to have a new class. If it has neither, I'm not spending 50 dollars to run around flirting with NPCs.

As much as people downplayed the new features in Morrowind, it came with 2 HUGE gameplay additions: a new class, and an entirely new gameplay mode that they've consistently expanded on (battlegrounds).

And more normal DLC stuff like the trial, quests, etc.

If I don't see at least one significant game play addition (and I mean something new like BGs, not a new version of established content, like "a new dungeon") then I don't really see this chapter as being worth it either.

They have been lowkey hyping a 2man vMA type of game play for awhile, that may very well be their big "new feature" as well as a new trial. Maybe a smaller one, vAS was OK with popularity, right? It seemed to be in my social circle anyways. They may throw in a larger one since it has been almost a year since the last major trial was released. And who knows, maybe something pvp related.... :D:D:D

Seriously though, I would agree with you. If the Chapter ll doesn't include any new "significant gameplay additions", I would consider it a bust but I seriously doubt that we will get a Chapter that does't include at least a couple "significant gameplay additions". But you are right, if they do not include anything like that, it will be a bust.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea that it's a new skill line vs a new class...

I want to keep my main character- and hopefully add some new, interesting abilities to him!

Look at the bright side, ya know? ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the new zone will actually be full of stuff to do for once if there is no new class or race etc. Like has been said above, morrowind added a lot of good things, even though the actual new land area was lacking in being filled out.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting!
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Remember not to anger the Devs:

or...

alien_queen___rip_giger_by_hideyoshi-d7i9tw4.jpg

Gina's true form will show.

From what videogame the Alien Queen of the image appears? or its a fan-art?
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh a gryphon pet.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Elf masterrace hype. I will be preordering this shiz, and I never preorder anything.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I never saw any evidence that spellcrafting WOULD be a part of chapter 2. Not sure how that notion became so popular with the forumfolk.

Either way if it doesn't have spell crafting, it has to have a new class. If it has neither, I'm not spending 50 dollars to run around flirting with NPCs.

As much as people downplayed the new features in Morrowind, it came with 2 HUGE gameplay additions: a new class, and an entirely new gameplay mode that they've consistently expanded on (battlegrounds).

If I don't see at least one significant game play addition (and I mean something new like BGs, not a new version of established content, like "a new dungeon") then I don't really see this chapter as being worth it either.

They have been lowkey hyping a 2man vMA type of game play for awhile, that may very well be their big "new feature" as well as a new trial. Maybe a smaller one, vAS was OK with popularity, right? It seemed to be in my social circle anyways. They may throw in a larger one since it has been almost a year since the last major trial was released. And who knows, maybe something pvp related.... :D:D:D

Seriously though, I would agree with you. If the Chapter ll doesn't include any new "significant gameplay additions", I would consider it a bust but I seriously doubt that we will get a Chapter that does't include at least a couple "significant gameplay additions". But you are right, if they do not include anything like that, it will be a bust.

A 2 man arena would be seriously cool--but is it a major gameplay addition? Or is it a drill-and-kill exercise (like vMA or a new trial).

The thing that has impressed me most about BGs, for instance, is that despite the many issues, ZOS has consistently been tweaking them and adding new maps (that are free for Mwind owners). They've actually shown a commitment to them as a new type of gameplay, rather than just a new batch of content (if that distinction makes sense--I'm probably explaining it poorly).

That's what I want from a new chapter. A new experience that continues to be expounded on over time via new development, adjustments, maps, whatever. Not just a new flavor of ice cream, an entirely new dessert.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No new class ? anything about spell crafting ?

Pretty disappointed, hope there will be big class change or i don't understand what the "Combat & gameplay " team is doing since Clockwork city patch.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I will laugh, because those fools obviously did not pay attention to all the datamines that had absolutely no mention of spellcrafting. I'm not even sure where that notion came from.

Edit: There were some ambiguous things that people speculated could be related to spellcrafting, but there was nothing that firmly linked them to the feature, and they could very well be for something else.
    Edited by code65536 on March 21, 2018 2:37PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to keep my main character- and hopefully add some new, interesting abilities to him!

same here ^^
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

And I will laugh, because those fools obviously did not pay attention to all the datamines that had absolutely no mention of spellcrafting. I'm not even sure where that notion came from.

Edit: There were some ambiguous things that people speculated could be related to spellcrafting, but there was nothing that firmly linked them to the feature, and they could very well be for something else.

Why are you all repeating this? The datamines HAD several mentions of Spellcrafting because ZOS constantly added new Spellcrafting assets. The big feature of Chapter II could have either been Spellcrafting OR Psijik because both were datamined. That it is most likely Psijik doesn't remove Spellcrafting from the list (e.g. as a base game update later this year).
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 21, 2018 2:38PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

same here ^^

Unless of course it is a skill line like the one in TG and DB...
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on March 21, 2018 2:39PM
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    No new class ? anything about spell crafting ?

Pretty disappointed, hope there will be big class change or i don't understand what the "Combat & gameplay " team is doing since Clockwork city patch.
    They've hinted this update will have class balance changes. They've probably been working on base game (existing classes/skills/sets) rather than new ones.
    Edited by Turelus on March 21, 2018 2:39PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Why are you all repeating this? The datamines HAD several mentions of Spellcrafting because ZOS constantly added new Spellcrafting assets. The big feature of Chapter II could have either been Spellcrafting OR Psijik because both were datamined. That it is most likely Psijik doesn't remove Spellcrafting from the list (e.g. as a base game update later this year).

The only thing remotely related were filenames of images of spellbooks. It's a leap to say that's spellcrafting.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the other datamines, it does seem like ZOS is experimenting with more content and fewer features compared to Morrowind. I'm a shmuck who'll buy it either way, but if that is how things go, I'm curious to see where they'll strike a balance with chapter 3.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    Based on the other datamines, it does seem like ZOS is experimenting with more content and fewer features compared to Morrowind. I'm a shmuck who'll buy it either way, but if that is how things go, I'm curious to see where they'll strike a balance with chapter 3.
    Personally I think CH3 will be a Necromancer class. There is such high demand for it I can't see ZOS not doing it. CH2 was just a bit too early for a new class after Warden with CH1.

Just my musings on that one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, people mostly came up with spell crafting after odd and highly ambiguous aspects of datamine. Sure, there might have been some assets earlier, before spell crafting was put to backburn. But most of these "datamining" was just vivid imagination, based on all I read and heard. Never saw any actual proof.

Like these resent findings. I prefer psijic skill line, images look good and it appears they have tide some dark mysteries for contrast for serenity of Summerset.

This evening we'll be much wiser nonetheless.

Options
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    I buy Morrowind for bg. IF Summerset have nothing new, I will not buy it. A skill line is not a good enough
    Edited by lelink88 on March 21, 2018 2:46PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing remotely related were filenames of images of spellbooks. It's a leap to say that's spellcrafting.

The 6 magic schools have been datamined, several skills have been datamined, morphs have been datamined - what could this be if not Spellcrafting? We have more datamined assets for Spellcrafting than for Psijik, a lot more.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 21, 2018 2:47PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Praying the new skill line is an actual skill line and not a bucha passives like db and tg
    Options
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't Jewerly crafting break the game?

Would we be able to craft trial sets? if not, then why have it in? Cause people are always going to want trial sets.
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    TERAB1T wrote: »
    Some interesting info in English:

Journey to the home of the High Elves in The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, the newest Chapter of ESO. Experience an epic story in an all-new zone, unlock a new skill line of abilities, join the secretive Psijic Order on a mission to save the world from destruction, and more! Coming this June.

Pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, the next chapter of ESO, and immediately receive the Nightmare Senche Mount.
    Journey to the home of the High Elves this June! Explore an all-new zone, unlock a new skill line of abilities, and more.

By royal decree, the once-forbidden island of the High Elves has been opened, its Crystal Tower drawing travelers to its light. But dark forces from beyond and below are also interested in the mystic location in this new chapter set in the Summerset Isle.
    Forge potent new gear with Jewelry Crafting and bolster your power. You'll need every advantage to succeed on your quest.
    Travel to the island of Artaeum to seek the aid of this mysterious group of mages. Become a fledgling member of their order and unlock a new skill line of powerful abilities to aid you on your adventure.
    With this collection of style pages, you can make use of the Divine Prosecution armor and weapon styles in the Outfit System. As this is not a motif book, you will be unable to craft equipment in this style.

A mystery collection of Psijic Order-related items! |c22ADDCThis is a pre-order bonus item|r
    A collection of Summerset Treasure Maps. |c22ADDCThis is a pre-order bonus item|r

That new style exclusively for Outfit system is sounds interesting.

I look for this trend to continue with future updates. Motifs do not create the level of gold sink that an outfit-only style would. Also, with motifs you could theoretically still have others craft items for you without knowing the style yourself. Outfits require you to personally acquire the style. This also requires you to create an outfit for your character and send gold to the ether doing so.

This also opens the door for crown store “styles” rather than motifs that, once again, require every player who wants to rock that style on their outfit to purchase it. Rather than crown store motifs that could be crafted by a single source for multiple people.

Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm officially hyped now! :p

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, BGs were a PvP update, even if the PvP players want to ignore they are there. But BGs aren't worth 50 dollars, but BGs, a new zone and a new class were worth it for lots of players.

Without the BGs and without the class, Morrowind was exactly like wrothgar which you could have played on ESO plus for the month and never go back.

There next chapter needs a class and new gameplay mechanic to justify the price; but I'll be waiting for sites selling it for 10- 20% less anyway (never buy full price :) )
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just scroll to the bottom of the page and see how much things related to Spellcrafting had been datamined:

http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2018/01/28/eso-update-17-data-mining-part-2

Compared to the Psijik datamining that's a lot more:

http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2018/02/17/eso-update-17-data-mining-3

As I said, it wasn't clear which system will be part of Chapter II. But to say there were no indications for Spellcrafting is just wrong.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options