• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO : Summerset Datamine

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Jewerly crafting break the game?

Would we be able to craft trial sets? if not, then why have it in? Cause people are always going to want trial sets.
    Never quite understood excitement over jewelry crafting. There are almost no instances where you want two crafted sets equipped, so.. Unless they do something radically different with it, it's pretty much useless.

Hist's + Tava's? NMG + Hunding's? Kag's + Julianos? And all the fancy PvP combinations you can come up with...

There are some interesting ideas out there.
    I mean, sure. There are a couple viable options, but non are particularly strong or highly desirable, and it's not like picking up dungeon or trial sets is all that hard or time consuming.

Also I'm a bit concerned about jewelry improvement, if not implemented right it could kill one of the few trial progression instances left, that is gold jewelry drops.

If they do end up adding jewelry crafting on this patch I wish it's something more interesting and unique, like augmenting current rings and necklaces with special buffs or abilities, instead of just another crafting station with the same properties as the rest of them.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Remember not to anger the Devs:

or...

alien_queen___rip_giger_by_hideyoshi-d7i9tw4.jpg

Gina's true form will show.

I have a flamethrower.
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    swippy wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I never saw any evidence that spellcrafting WOULD be a part of chapter 2. Not sure how that notion became so popular with the forumfolk.

We speculated and people wanted to believe it.

Either way if it doesn't have spell crafting, it has to have a new class. If it has neither, I'm not spending 50 dollars to run around flirting with NPCs.

If the Psijik skill line is just 5 skills + Ultimate + passives I will be very disappointed. That really adds nothing substantial to the game.

i didn't expect to ever become a Psiijic (apart from single-player + HAX) but i assumed if ESO included it, it would have to be a World or Guild Skill Line (like Mages Guild or Vampire). think of this: no one is born a Psiijic; they're recruited, and if they don't pass muster they're kicked out. they don't even sell class change tokens, so there's no way to stop being a Dragon Knight, but the lore definitely has that Order prescribed as joiners and members. it's not immutable like class.

but, well, that's just like, my opinion, man.

I agree with you and it should be a guild skill line as you said. I just don't think that it should be the centerpiece of a Chapter. A skill line (like Mage's or Fighter's Guild) is just not big enough to be one of the main features of a Chapter. It could work as a DLC thing but compared to an entire class or battlegrounds a usual skill line is like... nothing.
    Surely the centrepiece of the chapter is the story and content though. I know that expansions always come with that "cool new thing" but their main points have always been the story and extra content.

Those saying no class means less value are interesting considering we don't yet know if Summerset is the same size as Morrowind. If it was 4x the size in story and maps, but lacked a class would that still be "less value"?

If the centerpiece is story and content we don't need a Chapter. A DLC covers that as well (Clockwork City for example). Chapters should introduce new, meaningful gameplay mechanics or additions to the game.

Agreed. It was bad enough getting shafted last year with the whole ESO plus "Its a chapter not a DLC" debacle. I was annoyed but had to admit it did have more content than a regular DLC because of the new class and BG. Both were significant additions to the game. But one new skill line? Surely they don't feel just that is enough to warrant calling it a "Chapter". And they thought people got annoyed and disappointed last year......

A new landmass and story may be enough for some, and that's fine. But if they don't at least match Morrowind in terms of content, then it's a DLC in everything but name.........and PRICE.

Especially as we have already had two DLCs featuring a new skill line (admittedly, with a smaller landmass).
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seems like they are not going to let us stack crafted sets. I am thinking a 6 pet sorc build .
    Options
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for something more exciting because I know I will probably get disappointed with balance changes. Let's wait and see tho..
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, wanted to say that if you look well on this picture, you can see the Ceporah tower on the left, so i assume the Oblivion portal in the " Dreaming cave " which is on the same isle than the Ceporah tower ( The Artaeum) will lead to the Mephala's Realm.
    Either it will be part of the Main Quest of the capther, or this will be a new " Raid ".
    So you enter in the Dreaming cave and you discover that the Oblivion portal isn't " sealed off " like it used to be, and you need to close it from the inside ( i assume Vanus galerion will help us, like Davith fyr helped us with the Hall of the fabrication ) then you enter in the Mephala's realm.

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • Jewelry crafting system
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

it deserves to be called a DLC .. not a " Chapter".
    Edited by Apherius on March 21, 2018 5:10PM
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I've never expected spell crafting myself, the only reason people still get on it is b/c they talked about it years ago being added, but the guy that was working on it left the company and the game has been changed up quite a bit since then, plus it wasn't even near to finished. So I don't think anyone should expect that to be added at this point unless we see a lot of new datamined info on it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never saw any evidence that spellcrafting WOULD be a part of chapter 2. Not sure how that notion became so popular with the forumfolk.

Either way if it doesn't have spell crafting, it has to have a new class. If it has neither, I'm not spending 50 dollars to run around flirting with NPCs.

If the Psijik skill line is just 5 skills + Ultimate + passives I will be very disappointed. That really adds nothing substantial to the game.

i didn't expect to ever become a Psiijic (apart from single-player + HAX) but i assumed if ESO included it, it would have to be a World or Guild Skill Line (like Mages Guild or Vampire). think of this: no one is born a Psiijic; they're recruited, and if they don't pass muster they're kicked out. they don't even sell class change tokens, so there's no way to stop being a Dragon Knight, but the lore definitely has that Order prescribed as joiners and members. it's not immutable like class.

I agree with you and it should be a guild skill line as you said. I just don't think that it should be the centerpiece of a Chapter. A skill line (like Mage's or Fighter's Guild) is just not big enough to be one of the main features of a Chapter. It could work as a DLC thing but compared to an entire class or battlegrounds a usual skill line is like... nothing.
    Surely the centrepiece of the chapter is the story and content though. I know that expansions always come with that "cool new thing" but their main points have always been the story and extra content.

Those saying no class means less value are interesting considering we don't yet know if Summerset is the same size as Morrowind. If it was 4x the size in story and maps, but lacked a class would that still be "less value"?

If the centerpiece is story and content we don't need a Chapter. A DLC covers that as well (Clockwork City for example). Chapters should introduce new, meaningful gameplay mechanics or additions to the game.

Agreed. It was bad enough getting shafted last year with the whole ESO plus "Its a chapter not a DLC" debacle. I was annoyed but had to admit it did have more content than a regular DLC because of the new class and BG. Both were significant additions to the game. But one new skill line? Surely they don't feel just that is enough to warrant calling it a "Chapter". And they thought people got annoyed and disappointed last year......

A new landmass and story may be enough for some, and that's fine. But if they don't at least match Morrowind in terms of content, then it's a DLC in everything but name.........and PRICE.

Especially as we have already had two DLCs featuring a new skill line (admittedly, with a smaller landmass).

DB also added poison crafting, although that was a base-game update.
    A new skill line and jewelry crafting are just not enough for an "expansion". People were already upset about Morrowind's content, and that was substantially more.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I just read the English translation: jewlerycrafting, Psijic skill line and some vanity mounts? I mean, really? I’ll buy it, but on paper this feels really sparse. We’ll see how useful these skills are, too. I can’t think of the last time an added “skill line” hasn’t been more than passives no one uses.
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.

You misunderstand.

Current motifs will stay in the game as they currently are, however I foresee new styles introduced via dungeons, trials, and DLC going the “outfit style” route and not as motifs that drop as chapters in the traditional sense.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i hear that. i don't expect it'll be the entire thing either. we know the zone is bigger than Vvardenfell, so hopefully that's a plus. i know there were complaints about Vvardenfell not being "filled out" because of so many pretty things with impassable entrances, so we hope they heard those complaints. lots of people enjoyed the quests and the dailies of the last Chapter, so we hope they maintained similar standards on that. i think the new area will usually be the centerpiece to a chapter.

then there's the Psiijic Skill Line, which will hopefully be cool and fun (and with useful active skills, i'm praying; but not so useful that the folks who will jump on any opportunity to scream P2W will quit the game. i think if you don't have access to making a Warden you should accept that you're playing an old version of the game. but digression...)

and then there seems to be jewelry crafting too. that's something people have been asking for for years.

i think if we compare these 3 things to the 3 things from the Morrowind Chapter -- those being Region [Vvardenfell], Class [Warden], Game Mode [Battlegrounds] -- well, it's close. the region being so much larger (especially if filled out) might be enough, but with the 2nd and 3rd features being smaller comparatively than their precedent it may be wise to add a 4th feature. i don't think bonus cosmetics would make up that difference either. (please note, i am a fanboy)

i guess my main point is i don't think the skill line is meant to be the centerpiece either. i bet the land is.
    Options
  • Tierbook
    Tierbook
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    So, wanted to say that if you look well on this picture, you can see the Ceporah tower on the left, so i assume the Oblivion portal in the " Dreaming cave " which is on the same isle than the Ceporah tower ( The Artaeum) will lead to the Mephala's Realm.
    Either it will be part of the Main Quest of the capther, or this will be a new " Raid ".
    So you enter in the Dreaming cave and you discover that the Oblivion portal isn't " sealed off " like it used to be, and you need to close it from the inside ( i assume Vanus galerion will help us, like Davith fyr helped us with the Hall of the fabrication ) then you enter in the Mephala's realm.

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

From what I've heard the island of Artaeum alone will be DLC sized (CWC/ABah's landing sized I'd imagine), which would mean that island alone will have a skill line (Psijic Order) and a raid. Then there's Alinor proper which is on a 12x12 cell rather than MW's 9x9 cell. So it's a good bit larger. I could be wrong about all this but frankly dropping 40$ just to look at pretty scenery (which we are getting if that main image is any indication) is well worth it in my mind.
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Blood Shadow Steeds and Nightmare Senches don't seem very Summerset-y to me. Jewelry crafting might be interesting, and nothing that obviously leads to spellcrafting.

As a crafter, I can't say I'm thrilled with a style that is outfit system only. Much less than thrilled, in fact, due to the cost of per-character outfit slots.

I hope the new housing isn't going to be in those caverns shown in the loading screens. I'd really like to see some crystal spires, and views of the islands. Come to think of it, no definite housing reference is in this datamine.

I guess we'll find out when the devs do the reveal, because I really want to like the Summerset Isles, I love Auridon, and want more High Elfy stuff.
    Tierbook wrote: »

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

From what I've heard the island of Artaeum alone will be DLC sized (CWC/ABah's landing sized I'd imagine), which would mean that island alone will have a skill line (Psijic Order) and a raid. Then there's Alinor proper which is on a 12x12 cell rather than MW's 9x9 cell. So it's a good bit larger. I could be wrong about all this but frankly dropping 40$ just to look at pretty scenery (which we are getting if that main image is any indication) is well worth it in my mind.

Where did you hear this?
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Tierbook
    Tierbook
    ✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »

Where did you hear this?

I think it was the UESP write ups on their datamined stuff
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new class ? anything about spell crafting ?

Pretty disappointed, hope there will be big class change or i don't understand what the "Combat & gameplay " team is doing since Clockwork city patch.
    They've hinted this update will have class balance changes. They've probably been working on base game (existing classes/skills/sets) rather than new ones.

Pics or it never happened :neutral:

there are always rebalances, in every update! why wouldn't there be any just this one time? give it a month, once the first patch note hits the forums will have more posts on combat changes than on the upcoming content, just like every quarter previous.
    Options
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    pc_dlc_ss_chapterupgrade.jpg

Official lore for Summerset Isles architecture:
    Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as 'made from glass or insect wings.' Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, 'a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

ZOS's interpretation of the lore:
    "Sounds like they build castles with stone!"

I'll remain hopeful until we see Alinor with in game footage. I was impressed with how ZOS built Vivec, Balmora, and Ald-Ruhn, so I'm not giving up yet. But if they really have spent the past year building this place without any attention to lore whatsoever... I might be skipping this one. I already have to stay away from Valenwood as it is, for how insanely lore inaccurate that place is.

It perfectly matchest with the less fantastic accounts
    Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty disappointed, hope there will be big class change or i don't understand what the "Combat & gameplay " team is doing since Clockwork city patch.
    They've hinted this update will have class balance changes. They've probably been working on base game (existing classes/skills/sets) rather than new ones.

there are always rebalances, in every update! why wouldn't there be any just this one time? give it a month, once the first patch note hits the forums will have more posts on combat changes than on the upcoming content, just like every quarter previous.

I suppose you have a point. I am just infuriated at the decisions of the lead combat team member right now.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on March 21, 2018 6:13PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.

Not really am issue they could steal from trove and diablo and make tour crafting knowledge tied to gear picked up allowing style unlock upon deconstruction which would push completionist into.dlc dungeons to farm styles as they do already so nothing would change they could remove pages and just have books as really rare sellable drops.
    Options
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You misunderstand.

Current motifs will stay in the game as they currently are, however I foresee new styles introduced via dungeons, trials, and DLC going the “outfit style” route and not as motifs that drop as chapters in the traditional sense.

I see them as addition. Maybe you get one outfit style as reward/achievment for completing Quest Line, 1 as Bonus for Pre-Order, One new in the Crownstore, and one, where you have to collect 14 rare drops from delves, dungeon and World-Bosses to get a full set from.

"In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pet_salamander_01.png

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come here, Squishy. Come here, little Squishy.

*touches Squishy*
    *dies from venomous tubercles*
    Edited by Acrolas on March 21, 2018 6:13PM
    signing off
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as 'made from glass or insect wings.' Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, 'a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."

I'll remain hopeful until we see Alinor with in game footage. I was impressed with how ZOS built Vivec, Balmora, and Ald-Ruhn, so I'm not giving up yet. But if they really have spent the past year building this place without any attention to lore whatsoever... I might be skipping this one. I already have to stay away from Valenwood as it is, for how insanely lore inaccurate that place is.

Why does Zenimax insist on going less fantastic with anything that's not Morrowind or Valenwood? I'm honestly tired of it. At every turn, they seem insistent on making Tamriel a more generic medieval fantasy world. I really thought they'd have the courage to get creative with this one. I've been waiting to see this place since I was a kid. But yet again, everything I liked about it was a "transcription error".
    Edited by psychotrip on March 21, 2018 6:15PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information! :)
    I hope ZOS is planning something for PVP too, like they did with Battlegrounds last year.
    Maybe even an expansion and major bug fixes for the base game PVP(Cyrodiil) too.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does Zenimax insist on going less fantastic with anything that's not Morrowind or Valenwood? I'm honestly tired of it. At every turn, they seem insistent on making Tamriel a more generic medieval fantasy world.

It's less fantastic in comparison to being made out of insect wings. I don't think that first part should be taken too literally, it sounds like someone telling a story in which they exaggerate and embellish the details. IMO if it were implemented precisely like in that concept art, it would already be the most awe-inspiring city in the game. I think it looks great.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited about jewllery crafting. It opens up so many build possibilities.

I'm also glad that spellcrafting isn't coming. It would have totally broken the game.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Without spellcrafting, I have the feeling the new Chapter will add much less, on the mechanics side, than Morrowind did. Let's see what the Psijic skill line still has to offer...

Also, I see much more marble and alabaster in these loading screens than coral, glass and insect wings...

Consider me anxious. :s

Can't agree. Jewelry crafting is big. Morrowind added a class, which is great for people who have already played the original 4 classes to death. It added BG, which appeals to

As much as people downplayed the new features in Morrowind, it came with 2 HUGE gameplay additions: a new class, and an entirely new gameplay mode that they've consistently expanded on (battlegrounds).

And more normal DLC stuff like the trial, quests, etc.

If I don't see at least one significant game play addition (and I mean something new like BGs, not a new version of established content, like "a new dungeon") then I don't really see this chapter as being worth it either.

They have been lowkey hyping a 2man vMA type of game play for awhile, that may very well be their big "new feature" as well as a new trial. Maybe a smaller one, vAS was OK with popularity, right? It seemed to be in my social circle anyways. They may throw in a larger one since it has been almost a year since the last major trial was released. And who knows, maybe something pvp related.... :D:D:D

Seriously though, I would agree with you. If the Chapter ll doesn't include any new "significant gameplay additions", I would consider it a bust but I seriously doubt that we will get a Chapter that does't include at least a couple "significant gameplay additions". But you are right, if they do not include anything like that, it will be a bust.

At the very least, it would make clear that it is just another Orsinium with a fancy name, 'chapter.'
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Jewerly crafting break the game?

Would we be able to craft trial sets? if not, then why have it in? Cause people are always going to want trial sets.
    Never quite understood excitement over jewelry crafting. There are almost no instances where you want two crafted sets equipped, so.. Unless they do something radically different with it, it's pretty much useless.

Hist's + Tava's? NMG + Hunding's? Kag's + Julianos? And all the fancy PvP combinations you can come up with...

There are some interesting ideas out there.
    I mean, sure. There are a couple viable options, but non are particularly strong or highly desirable, and it's not like picking up dungeon or trial sets is all that hard or time consuming.

Also I'm a bit concerned about jewelry improvement, if not implemented right it could kill one of the few trial progression instances left, that is gold jewelry drops.

If they do end up adding jewelry crafting on this patch I wish it's something more interesting and unique, like augmenting current rings and necklaces with special buffs or abilities, instead of just another crafting station with the same properties as the rest of them.

You can be sure that jewllery crafting/improvement will only work on crafted sets.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does Zenimax insist on going less fantastic with anything that's not Morrowind or Valenwood? I'm honestly tired of it. At every turn, they seem insistent on making Tamriel a more generic medieval fantasy world. I really thought they'd have the courage to get creative with this one. I've been waiting to see this place since I was a kid. But yet again, everything I liked about it was a "transcription error".

You haven't seen the zone yet...
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You haven't seen the zone yet...

You're right. I'm going by the datamined images, and maybe I shouldn't. But I don't know why we should expect the actual zone to be completely different from the official artwork. So far, it looks even more generic than Auridon, barring the admittedly pretty image of Artaeum.

I really don't understand how it even makes sense for the Altmer, the supposedly "pure" elven race, to have more in common with humans in terms of their society and architecture, than their elven cousins. But everything we've seen so far since ESO's release makes it feel like altmer are just humans with pointy ears. No super advanced magic, no strange architecture, no bizarre moral values incompatible with our own. Nope. Just snobby humans who are apparently snobby for absolutely no reason.
    Edited by psychotrip on March 21, 2018 6:33PM

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vanthras79 yeah I got nothing, went through all the posts threads looking for it but found nothing. I either imagined it or they said it on ESO Live. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vanthras79 yeah I got nothing, went through all the posts threads looking for it but found nothing. I either imagined it or they said it on ESO Live. :confused:

It was said in a recent eso live. To a question asked in chat.
    Options