Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO : Summerset Datamine

• SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I dont know why people think spellcrafting would ever be a thing, outside of it says it once in some old datamine. Spellcrafting would be a balancing nightmare.

Because they said it is still a thing... so don't be so surpised
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean there will be additional character slots available above the current 15 now in use by many people?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »
    Does this mean there will be additional character slots available above the current 15 now in use by many people?

Why would you need additional character slots? No new class, no new race.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

New skill line.. might not want to change what exists. Besides, since we have to pay crowns for slots, why do they care how many we have?
    Edited by DMBCML on March 21, 2018 10:07PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New skill line.. might not want to change what exists. Besides, since we have to pay crowns for slots, why do they care how many we have?

You're not changing what exists, you're just expanding it.

Agree on your second point though.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious about one thing. How are they extracting all of these? I saw [datamined models](http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2018/02/17/eso-update-17-data-mining-3). How? I never saw any tool...
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To run the new tutorial? Just spitballing here, not the OP.

I won't get my hopes up but if there is any chance of a 2 man vMA type arena, they will have to scrape me off the ceiling.
    Options
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP staff member here. For people concerned about lack of end game content, don't worry. There will most likely be a trial for 12 players located near one of the larger towns in Summerset similar to how MW was set up. Don't ask how I know that.

Any clue what the apex mounts will be or any of the mounts?
    Options
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    KwarcPL wrote: »
    I'm curious about one thing. How are they extracting all of these? I saw [datamined models](http://blog.uesp.net/index.php/2018/02/17/eso-update-17-data-mining-3). How? I never saw any tool...

the main tool we have is our own custom datamine tool , we use that to datamine all of the files, however we have other smaller tools used to quickly get the differences between two patches, such as lang file differences. for the models we use a software called Granny, which renders the model files
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.

You misunderstand.

Current motifs will stay in the game as they currently are, however I foresee new styles introduced via dungeons, trials, and DLC going the “outfit style” route and not as motifs that drop as chapters in the traditional sense.

That won't happen since being able to farm and sell motifs is an incentive to run DLC dungeons.

From what I gathered, there will still be physical "chapters" that you will need to collect and combine to form a complete style. I would assume these will also be able to be sold in traders just like motifs currently are. My point, however, is that these styles will be locked to your account and your characters' outfits once you've acquired and completed the necessary "chapters."

My point was that since it is an outfit style, rather than a motif, this leads to an increased gold sink by requiring you to apply it to an outfit (costing gold) rather than crafting gear in traditional motif style (no gold sink). I imagine something like the Sixth House Robe costume... Multiple pieces required that can be gathered from drops, or bought/traded from players to complete the style.

Consequently, this would actually create more incentive to run DLC dungeons to farm/sell the pieces (assuming it is a desirable look) because every player would have to purchase them for their account, and couldn't rely on someone else, who knows the style, to craft armor in that look for them (the way motifs currently work).

I would like to say this is all conjecture at this point, I just felt this was cracking the lid to Pandora's box for creating yet another gold sink with any future style introductions.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options