The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ESO : Summerset Datamine

• Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP staff member here. For people concerned about lack of end game content, don't worry. There will most likely be a trial for 12 players located near one of the larger towns in Summerset similar to how MW was set up. Don't ask how I know that.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP staff member here. For people concerned about lack of end game content, don't worry. There will most likely be a trial for 12 players located near one of the larger towns in Summerset similar to how MW was set up. Don't ask how I know that.

And what do you know about Spellcrafting?
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 21, 2018 6:53PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

id prefer of they would introduce some other form of endgame content for 1-2 players
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there! First off let me just say I love the work you guys do on that site. I can't even quantify the amount of hours I spent on that site when I should have been studying.

Can you tell us anything about Summerset itself? What does it look like? Is it in line with the datamined images? Is it in line with previous lore?
    Edited by psychotrip on March 21, 2018 6:46PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this is wrong about jewelrycrafting. Not looking forward to the giant mess that is going to be. Also RIP to anyone that spent money at the Golden.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »
    No new class ? anything about spell crafting ?

Pretty disappointed, hope there will be big class change or i don't understand what the "Combat & gameplay " team is doing since Clockwork city patch.
    They've hinted this update will have class balance changes. They've probably been working on base game (existing classes/skills/sets) rather than new ones.

Pics or it never happened :neutral:
    @Vanthras79 yeah I got nothing, went through all the posts threads looking for it but found nothing. I either imagined it or they said it on ESO Live. :confused:

It was mentioned on the PTS forum some time last year that they will be re-balancing all the classes so they can be more viable in all the roles.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 21, 2018 6:48PM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »
    I really hope this is wrong about jewelrycrafting. Not looking forward to the giant mess that is going to be. Also RIP to anyone that spent money at the Golden.

Jewellery crafting will most likely only affect crafted sets.
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »

We will just have to agree to disagree with the idea that if you could craft jewelry from already craftable sets, that the game would somehow break and no one would grind for gear ever again. I don't want to argue that point but rather just state I completely disagree.

However I doubt we even have a reason to argue. I do not believe that they will allow the two crafting professions to overlap. Rather, I bet that you will get an entirely new way to craft that is unique (similar to the way blacksmith is different than woodworking). The whole system may be separate since you do not have a trait system with rings, that you do with armor.

More than likely, jewelry crafting is Willpower/Agility 2.0.... which those sets do have a place in the game today, so the concept will be useful for the game, not just the endgame crowd with hasn't run those sets in a long time.

Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

How do you know that?

We have... sources. we_know.jpg

Nah, we have datamined assets for busts similar to those awarded for completing vet dungeons and trials. One is apparently a sload. Hmm.

And spellcrafting is most likely not coming with Summeset. Sorry for derailing the hype train.

psychotrip wrote: »

Hey there! First off let me just say I love the work you guys do on that site. I can't even quantify the amount of hours I spent on that site when I should have been studying.

Can you tell us anything about Summerset itself? What does it look like? Is it in line with the datamined images? Is it in line with previous lore?

We have datamined updated loading screen images that look pretty nice. Here is one. Link Summerset looks kinda... European? We will upload them all once we are ready.

And jewelrycrafting is likely confirmed. Await the official announcement soon.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was mentioned on the PTS forum some time last year that they will be re-balancing all the classes so they can be more viable in all the roles.
    I hope that doesn't mean stripping entire skill trees from nightblades, sorcerors and templars in order to turn them into tanking-only skill trees. They seem to love tanks. :/
    The only thing I'd like to see them do right now is buff magicka dragonknights.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Jewerly crafting break the game?

Would we be able to craft trial sets? if not, then why have it in? Cause people are always going to want trial sets.
    Never quite understood excitement over jewelry crafting. There are almost no instances where you want two crafted sets equipped, so.. Unless they do something radically different with it, it's pretty much useless.

I like the idea of being able to pair a set like Shacklebreaker with a damage set like Julianos or Hundings for PVP. Or, the ability to craft the jewelry of a crafted set needed to complete a build while you are still looking for the dropped items. And, how does anyone know there are no instances where two crafted sets will be better? There isn't any way currently to gauge how two sets will perform with one another.

Personally, I really want to run TBS and Acuity together. Pick the Warrior/Apprentice and Shadow mundus at the same time to get more spell/weapon damage and more powerful crits and get even more max resource advantages in PVP with the 2-4 piece bonus of TBS.
    Edited by jaws343 on March 21, 2018 7:07PM
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know that?

Nah, we have datamined assets for busts similar to those awarded for completing vet dungeons and trials. One is apparently a sload. Hmm.

And spellcrafting is most likely not coming with Summeset. Sorry for derailing the hype train.

We have datamined updated loading screen images that look pretty nice. Here is one. Link Summerset looks kinda... European? We will upload them all once we are ready.

Well, the Altmer are dead to me. Guess if you're not a dunmer, bosmer, or argonian you don't get to be strange or creative. I can't believe people have been waiting since 1998 to see...this.

Anyway can you PM me another image? Perhaps a larger one? I'm working on an article about the new expansion. Just trying to get everything organized befroe the announcement.
    Edited by psychotrip on March 21, 2018 7:09PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.

You misunderstand.

Current motifs will stay in the game as they currently are, however I foresee new styles introduced via dungeons, trials, and DLC going the “outfit style” route and not as motifs that drop as chapters in the traditional sense.

to add to this (maybe clarify):
    this "style" system with the outfit station sounds a lot like something we already have.
    remember how the functioning of bonuses from Imperial Upgrade and Morrowind Preorder changed with the advent of the Outfit System? and the Morag Tong style and Imperial style suddenly had different rules for the people with access to them, when the last update dropped? it sounds like that new one will be exactly like that. one new style dropped into that same kind of pre-existing slot, in line with last year's Chapter.
    Options
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Jewerly crafting break the game?

Would we be able to craft trial sets? if not, then why have it in? Cause people are always going to want trial sets.
    Never quite understood excitement over jewelry crafting. There are almost no instances where you want two crafted sets equipped, so.. Unless they do something radically different with it, it's pretty much useless.

Really?

Mechanical Acuity + Juli/Hundings?

Fort Brass + Juli/Hundings

Clever Alch + Juli/Hundings

I'm sure there are plenty more, those are just the few that I thought of immediately.

Options
  • Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, wanted to say that if you look well on this picture, you can see the Ceporah tower on the left, so i assume the Oblivion portal in the " Dreaming cave " which is on the same isle than the Ceporah tower ( The Artaeum) will lead to the Mephala's Realm.
    Either it will be part of the Main Quest of the capther, or this will be a new " Raid ".
    So you enter in the Dreaming cave and you discover that the Oblivion portal isn't " sealed off " like it used to be, and you need to close it from the inside ( i assume Vanus galerion will help us, like Davith fyr helped us with the Hall of the fabrication ) then you enter in the Mephala's realm.

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • Jewelry crafting system
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

it deserves to be called a DLC .. not a " Chapter".

You people are something.. What if Summerset is 5 times the land mass of Clockwork with 5 times the quest...or more...just stop for now.
    Edited by Sinthrax on March 21, 2018 7:19PM
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know that?

Well, the Altmer are dead to me. Guess if you're not a dunmer, bosmer, or argonian you don't get to be strange or creative. I can't believe people have been waiting since 1998 to see...this.

Anyway can you PM me another image? Perhaps a larger one? I'm working on an article about the new expansion. Just trying to get everything organized befroe the announcement.

Morrowind had at least 3 architectural styles (Telvanni, Hlaalu, Redoran), so I still have some hope that we might see something interesting.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Motifs will become a thing of the past - you heard it here first.

That will make Master Writs an issue... Right now, Motif knowledge is tied to MW drop rates. Take away motifs and they’ll have to redo crafting. I’m not against the idea, but ZoS is known better for band-aiding problems, not doing a rewrite.

You misunderstand.

Current motifs will stay in the game as they currently are, however I foresee new styles introduced via dungeons, trials, and DLC going the “outfit style” route and not as motifs that drop as chapters in the traditional sense.

That won't happen since being able to farm and sell motifs is an incentive to run DLC dungeons.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinthrax wrote: »
    So, wanted to say that if you look well on this picture, you can see the Ceporah tower on the left, so i assume the Oblivion portal in the " Dreaming cave " which is on the same isle than the Ceporah tower ( The Artaeum) will lead to the Mephala's Realm.
    Either it will be part of the Main Quest of the capther, or this will be a new " Raid ".
    So you enter in the Dreaming cave and you discover that the Oblivion portal isn't " sealed off " like it used to be, and you need to close it from the inside ( i assume Vanus galerion will help us, like Davith fyr helped us with the Hall of the fabrication ) then you enter in the Mephala's realm.

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

You people are something.. What if Summerset is 5 times the land mass of Clockwork with 5 times the quest...or more...just stop for now.

It will be the biggest PvE zone in the game according to datamining. Almost twice the size of Vvardenfell (which is currently the biggest PvE zone).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 21, 2018 7:25PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

It will be the biggest PvE zone in the game according to datamining. Almost twice the size of Vvardenfell (which is currently the biggest PvE zone).

Wouldn't make much sense though. Just compare Vvardenfell and Alinor. They're nearly the same size.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

Wouldn't make much sense though. Just compare Vvardenfell and Alinor. They're nearly the same size.

ESO zones are not to scale.

Summerset will be 144 x 144 map cells according to datamining while Vvardenfell is 81 x 81.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 21, 2018 7:24PM
    Options
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    So looking over the data mined skills for psijic, I didn't see anything that was obviously an ultimate. I wonder if the psijic ultimate is wrapped into spellcrafting. Seems it would be easier to "balance" if you only got the 1 crafted ability and it cost ultimate instead of another resource.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
    Options
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Crystal Tower is the new trial
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that has crossed my mind is I hope jewelry crafting isn't going to require some item with a stupid low drop rate in order to do (I'm looking at you cypher's and dust)
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1521650218637331790.jpg

Summerset Isles:
    • New zone
    • Probably a raid.
    • a new skill line

Clockwork city:
    • Transmutation system
    • New zone
    • a raid

ESO zones are not to scale.

Summerset will be 144 x 144 map cells according to datamining while Vvardenfell is 81 x 81.

I know that. I am still not convinced. The Red Mountain takes a lot of space. They can do the same with Eton Nir...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Some people just went blindly aboard the hypetrain and went out on a tangent.
    When you say it like that, it sounds...very exciting.

I'D ride that train! B)
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Psijic skill line active skills could be craftable...

Exactly, i would die of laughter if the psijic skill line consists of 5 skills and an ultimate that are essentially 6(5 skills + ultimate) blank slates for you to customize a slightly preset list of modifiable perks that are themed after the psijic order.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you know that?

Yeah, you have 'sources'...

I can't thank you guys enough for all your amazing work. Keep it up!
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 21, 2018 7:43PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Shut up and take my money!
    tenor.gif?itemid=3290425
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 21, 2018 7:53PM
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's make Summerset look like a bad The Witcher 3 DLC version... because it's a safe bet and no one wants us to innovate. Let's do more generic medieval stuff yay!
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on March 21, 2018 7:52PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    If this is accurate, I cannot wait to watch the forums explode and burn everything to the ground when they realize that Spellcrafting will not be apart of Chapter II.

I dont know why people think spellcrafting would ever be a thing, outside of it says it once in some old datamine. Spellcrafting would be a balancing nightmare.
    Edited by iiYuki on March 21, 2018 8:25PM
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
    Options