The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So, that blizzard map, yeah or nah?

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
Strong nah for me. It's PvP, keep it gimmick free.

Last poll option = "Other cause I'm special" ... hit enter instead of backspace.

Edited by Taylor_MB on February 13, 2018 10:43PM
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

So, that blizzard map, yeah or nah? 67 votes

Yeah, it's sweet.
76%
JWillCHSChardeeMacDBeastnasMurderMostFoulTryxusKoensolDatolitePrizaxElboronRohausnilldaxBoardwalkerAjaxduoAshamrayHand_BaconToRelaxRoamingRiverElkOtarTheMadCinbriSturgeHammer 51 votes
Nah, it's lame as.
14%
KhajiitHasSkoomaLokovApheriusChunkyCatFischblutTaylor_MBJierdanitecruTelvanniWizardTheCyberDruid 10 votes
Other cause i
8%
KasRebCillion3117raknorokMorgul667Trinotops 6 votes
  • raknorok
    raknorok
    ✭✭✭
    Other cause i
    too early to tell, I felt like i was trapped in david bowie's labyrinth. I do like the weather effects though, darker nights in BG's could be cool
    the Rambunctious
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other cause i
    I don't know what you are talking about.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    My minimap does not work on that map.

I didn’t realize how much I needed the minimap until it was taken away from me and I literally started walking off cliffs lol.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    Idc about the wheather effects, but the map is nice.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    I like the limited visibility, and the map itself is very urban and vertical. It's a great deathmatch arena.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played 8 or so BGs last night and only got one match in Deeping Drome and none in the blizzard map so I’m still eager to try it out
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • eXnihilO
    eXnihilO
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    The entirety of BG is a gimmick though when you're forced to PvDERP when you mostly want to battle other players... the weather actually makes it funner for me, but I'm the kind of person who likes fog/rain maps in other games, too.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other cause i
    No map is boring
    Rest is ok once you get used to it
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 16, 2018 5:28AM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other cause i
    i like the map layout: z-axis, ways not too far/kiteable but sufficiently. sight can be much higher than gap closer distance, etc. so far it doesn't seem to have abusable spots (arcane uni chaosball disaster).

i don't like the fog, though. it doesn't look terribly well in terms of gfx quality and the view distance is just enough to have no effect in combat but a large effect on proper decision making. if anythng there should also be threats (dealing damage to you) interacting with the fog. as is, it's just lowering the advantage of players with proper awareness and doing so to a rather insignificant extend.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly dislike playing crazy king on the map but love deathmatch & chaosball on it. Didn't have had any other mode so far. But I do love the other new map, it's design reminds me of old starcraft maps, lots of chokepoints and clever layout.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally got 1 bg in there last night. Wasn't bad but it seemed to funnel all the players toward the central platform to fight. Not bad depending on your point of few ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other cause i
    The blizzard is kinda cool, but pretty redundant when you can still see player's team crest.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    Absolutely sweet. Atmosphere is so cool.
    I really like environmental things, want a BG with partial darkness \ moving rocks!
    Edited by Ashamray on February 21, 2018 1:04PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    Death match is really fun on it. Lots of LoS opportunities.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Putinof
    Putinof
    ✭✭
    Oh,

for a split second i thought we gonna get a real battleground map like wow has..

Last time i got baited so hard, i preordered morrowind. silly me ;(
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    I love the weather effect!! And the map is very cool not only in design but looks as well!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    Consoles don't have mini maps anyway
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    Love it. That's exactly the kind of gimmick they can keep pitching if they want.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you are talking about.

Yea, OP was about as clear as mud. From reading the OP one would think he is talking about the maintenance schedule and is merely challenged with conveying that. Assuming someone knows about upcoming changes leaves much to the imagination.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    It's one of the best level design i've seen in this game. Small, straight for the game mechanic, played in high medium and low floors. I like it
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    When I am playing my Orc it feels like I am defending my home. I really like this map.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's sweet.
    It's called "environment", deal with it.

Not everyone's type of pvp fun involves 12 players stacking up in a flat, featureless map and whack each other endlessly.
    Especially since Battlegrounds are still dominated by those premade coordinated groups that steamroll over everyone else, not to mention a horde of gankblades that keep ignoring match mechanics in order to chase kills..

At least Battlegrounds provide some glory time for healers and supports, for tanks, and for speedy characters. Not everything needs to translate to how much DPS you can smack across someone else, if you only care about that, you're free to stay in Cyrodiil.

I personally would like much more environment in Battlegrounds, elevated grounds, several layers and levels, weather conditions to hinder line of sight etc.

I also find it a bit funny that those "hardcore" pvp'ers who usually whine about environment or "PvDerp" are the same ones who run behind every rock and tree stump whenever they're outmatched in Cyrodiil. Long live hypocrisy.

Edited by Carbonised on March 14, 2018 12:49PM