Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Shimmering shield vs Dragon Scales, simple compare after reading pattchnotes where i was hoping...

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I just put it out there that shimmering shield is a strong enough ability that I would slot it without it doing anything besides major heroism. The buff is that strong. I can't believe that you have that buff attached to being able to ignore ranged projectiles. That's bonkers.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As others have pointed out, Major Heroism is simply too strong a major buff to have constant uptime on. Put that kind of Major Heroism uptime on the worst skill in the game, and it will become a BiS ability for that class.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    As others have pointed out, Major Heroism is simply too strong a major buff to have constant uptime on. Put that kind of Major Heroism uptime on the worst skill in the game, and it will become a BiS ability for that class.

I´m trying to think of something but i´d even slot clannfear or bloodaltar for it.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I´m trying to think of something but i´d even slot clannfear or bloodaltar for it.

This could be our new forum game: Find the skill that you wouldn't use even if it gave Major Heroism. Soul Trap? Oh for sure gimme that Major Heroism DoT and soul gem refill
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd slot healing ritual for the buff or agony on stamnb or circle of protection hell even siege shield or impulse.

The buff is just way too strong especially when you can get minor heroism aswell
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This could be our new forum game: Find the skill that you wouldn't use even if it gave Major Heroism. Soul Trap? Oh for sure gimme that Major Heroism DoT and soul gem refill

Easy: Malevolent Offering (you don't do anything with Major Heroism when you're dead).

Alternatively: Equilibrium.
    Edited by DDuke on January 31, 2018 3:54PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't forget it removes cloak aswell, way too powerful already.
    Maybe the spider Web skill from undaunted or the other morph of volley Or the other morph of ele drain :lol:
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Easy: Malevolent Offering (you don't do anything with Major Heroism when you're dead).

Ah that's a good one. But I'd still definite use Mal Offering for Major Heroism. In fact, I'd honestly use Mal Offering for the Major Heroism even if all it did was take health on cast and not return any via a HoT lol
    Invictus

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Alternatively: Equilibrium.

Equilibrium is damn strong, especially in organized groups with healers as you can run 0 regeneration with full damage and still have perfect sustain and no lower survivability
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diplomatt wrote: »
    to see a Real balance changes...

Shimmering shield cost 2432 mag on my stam warden (bosmer)) in heavy or medium, return mana from projectiles (astronomic number 18216 of damage from projectile absorbed...and 578 mag from every projectile), it gives Major heroism for 6 seconds each time without coldown...So u need only 698 (2432-578*3) magicka to cast it...698 mana cost hell...

And, for example we have Dragon scales on dk, the can reflect 4 projectiles...but not force pulce or warden's dive...give u while active +12% of healing recieved from passive and nothing else...cost on stamina dk is 3780 mana...

@ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Dk's Dragon scales are 5,4 times more expencive than Warden's Shimmering Shield, which in addition saves from no matter how big projectiles and gives u Unique extremly usefull buff... What the hell is going on? Do u really think that Dive is only thing need to be fixed...Really?

Let’s see...
    Shimmering has a Damage cap, Wings do NOT have any damage cap That astronomical number is across all 3, by the way it scales with health, it’s a lot more then 18000 on my tank.
    Shimmering gives you mag WHEN a shield is broken. No broken shield, no returned magic. Play smarter not harder.
    Major Herisom last 6 sec, brake one every 6 seconds and it’s an 18 second buff. Break them all at once and it’s 6 Seconds.
    Harness Magicka cost 1000 magic more and returns 1500 magic more and works against everything. It’s a way better skill then Shimmering.
    Wings returns 35% more damage to the attacker (or 23 second resistance buff,) Other morph of Shimmering returns flat amount, and Shimmering returns nothing at all. So wings gets people to back off. Shimmering means people have to be smart enough to back off on their own when it’s up.

The only place where Shimmering might be an issue is Stamden, but it’s also really the only defense they have. Forest ulti, once, but then you’re dead. Otherwise the Warden is a lot like NB with plenty of trickle in heals, but no burst, and no cloak.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    ... I just slotted Soul Trap on all my non-NB chars. :D
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmering gives you mag WHEN a shield is broken. No broken shield, no returned magic. Play smarter not harder.
    Major Herisom last 6 sec, brake one every 6 seconds and it’s an 18 second buff. Break them all at once and it’s 6 Seconds.

Now you only have to be in a situation where you don´t want to attack or kill the warden. Wow.
    <Noricum>

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Shimmering shield cost 2432 mag on my stam warden (bosmer)) in heavy or medium, return mana from projectiles (astronomic number 18216 of damage from projectile absorbed...and 578 mag from every projectile), it gives Major heroism for 6 seconds each time without coldown...So u need only 698 (2432-578*3) magicka to cast it...698 mana cost hell...

And, for example we have Dragon scales on dk, the can reflect 4 projectiles...but not force pulce or warden's dive...give u while active +12% of healing recieved from passive and nothing else...cost on stamina dk is 3780 mana...

@ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Dk's Dragon scales are 5,4 times more expencive than Warden's Shimmering Shield, which in addition saves from no matter how big projectiles and gives u Unique extremly usefull buff... What the hell is going on? Do u really think that Dive is only thing need to be fixed...Really?

Let’s see...
    Shimmering has a Damage cap, Wings do NOT have any damage cap That astronomical number is across all 3, by the way it scales with health, it’s a lot more then 18000 on my tank.
    Harness Magicka cost 1000 magic more and returns 1500 magic more and works against everything. It’s a way better skill then Shimmering.
    Wings returns 35% more damage to the attacker (or 23 second resistance buff,) Other morph of Shimmering returns flat amount, and Shimmering returns nothing at all. So wings gets people to back off. Shimmering means people have to be smart enough to back off on their own when it’s up.

The only place where Shimmering might be an issue is Stamden, but it’s also really the only defense they have. Forest ulti, once, but then you’re dead. Otherwise the Warden is a lot like NB with plenty of trickle in heals, but no burst, and no cloak.

Yes shimmering is obviously balanced if you never attack the warden.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 31, 2018 4:24PM
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s see...

This has to be a troll post. Shimmering is hands down the single strongest defensive skill in the entire game.
    pieratsos wrote: »

Let’s see...

LOL
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change to minor heroism AND cost increase will kill the skill. But hey, the pitchfork mob consisting of the same old usual suspects as always needs another lamb to sacrifice. Keep it going, but i sincerely hope you guys reflect back on your attitude when discussing NB, Sorc or DK issues next time.

I mean, the second most overperforming skill in the game is probably Incap... just saying. There is not single damage ultimate I wouldn't trade for it.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on January 31, 2018 4:45PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let’s see...

Same as wings, DoTs and melee attacks, and unlike Harness, those will all hit full force instead of against a Damage Shield.
    krathos wrote: »

This has to be a troll post. Shimmering is hands down the single strongest defensive skill in the entire game.

I run a tank in Cryodiil, I occasionally slot it, buts it’s really a crap skill. Living Vines and Arctic Wind are both way more defensive. Shimmering requires constant recasting under pressure meaning you can’t turn the battle back against them. Corruption Pollon is also amazing for turning the tide back again. All Shimmering is good for is ulti gen, you’re wasting time and resources if you’re casting it more often then 6 seconds after the last shield breaks. I usually have something like Siege Shield slotted instead.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on January 31, 2018 4:46PM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let’s see...

Same as wings, DoTs and melee attacks, and unlike Harness, those will all hit full force instead of against a Damage Shield.

I run a tank in Cryodiil, I occasionally slot it, buts it’s really a crap skill. Living Vines and Arctic Wind are both way more defensive. Shimmering requires constant recasting under pressure meaning you can’t turn the battle back against them. Corruption Pollon is also amazing for turning the tide back again. All Shimmering is good for is ulti gen, you’re wasting time and resources if you’re casting it more often then 6 seconds after the last shield breaks. I usually have something like Siege Shield slotted instead.

lol, just lol
    Invictus

• krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings reflect damage (shield does not), can reflect 4 projectiles (shield is only 3), and has no damage limit.

Maybe the heroism bit needs to be altered but I think its fine as is.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel

Why does the shield on shimmering shield NOT respect battle spirit like every other damage shield, heal, and offensive ability in the game?

A Stamina spec warden with an 18K shimmering shield should have a 9K shield in PVP. That’s how battle spirit works, this is a bug.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Why does the shield on shimmering shield NOT respect battle spirit like every other damage shield, heal, and offensive ability in the game?

A Stamina spec warden with an 18K shimmering shield should have a 9K shield in PVP. That’s how battle spirit works, this is a bug.

Because it only absorbs projectiles, the other shields work against all kind of damage except Oblivion damage. Not saying you’re not right though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let’s see...

That is some amazing cognitive dissonance. When ever can you not get hit at least once whilst 1vxing. Ever.

Correct me if I am wrong. But the max uptime per single cast on the major heroism is 12s, so its not like you even need all 3 to hit. Its BY FAR the strongest defense in the game.

If you think wings are better. Play the all mighty DK. Have a 3.5k ability fall off to some light attacks that would have hit for 700 dmg within 1s of casting it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMystid wrote: »
    TheMystid wrote: »
    You guys conveniently downplay a lot that Wings have the potential to reflect huge amounts of damage - I'm pretty sure the relative cost ratio of wings looks a lot sweeter when incorporating just a single reflected snipe into your "math".

And that's exactly ZOS perspective: noobs' perspective.

Thanks for your input. What exactly is wrong with the message you quoted?

AFAIK reflected skills are still dodgeable or blockable by their initial caster, so the pros of reflecting a snipe will never be as good as a major heroism gain as long as the sniper has a bit of experience. If you want to incorporate what "could" happen by using wings, there are still many argument to consider besides that "single snipe reflect". Can't be any more constructive than that since I think OP has perfectly shown how the utility/defense shimmering provides has no match in the utility/offense dk wings provides.

If the sniper does dodge or cloak the snipe you traded resources. If they do it for 2 snipes you´ve traded resources favorably - as the cost for 2x cloak + 2x snipe or 2x dodge + 2x snipe exceeds the cost of wings by far.

You neglect to include block and evasion dodge change ... if we are going for 2x cloak+ 2x snipe from point A to point B in which case you will be seen shooting at the player ... this is usually done in stealth for the stun and chances are you won't get a chance to put them up cause you get stunned before the projectile reaches you.

I'm not sure in which cyrodil you play that you will catch a player shooting snipe out of stealth or behind a zerg. You're neglecting alot of things in your example and i just happen to point out one of them.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »

Because it only absorbs projectiles, the other shields work against all kind of damage except Oblivion damage. Not saying you’re not right though.

That’s still nearly all of the damage output from ranged classes. Bow and Destro staff users. Since snipe, bow heavy attacks, or destructive reach can’t do their tooltip damage in battle spirit the shield shouldn’t either.

If it’s a shield then it’s a damage shield and BS should be applied. Period.
    Edited by Minalan on January 31, 2018 6:21PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Wardens!

Now your class gets to go through what the other 4 did:

104mdzo.png

I'll just sit back and watch as try in vain to convince ZoS otherwise. We've all been there before :wink:
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS. Seems like a lot of the Wardens here are willing to trade shimmering for wings. Can we make that happen then?
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

• TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS. Seems like a lot of the Wardens here are willing to trade shimmering for wings. Can we make that happen then?

/thread
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Wardens!

104mdzo.png

I'll just sit back and watch as try in vain to convince ZoS otherwise. We've all been there before :wink:

No, now we all argue who got beaten with the hammer the worst.

I think it’s currently between Templar and DK, my vote is for the former.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Wardens!

104mdzo.png

No other class had to suffer as badly as warden will though - as they had been created by a different more talented mind.

Warden is straight forward mediocrity and to avoid underperforming got spiked with 3 broken OP skills/mechanics.

Birds got hit.
    Shimmering will be next.
    Then people will turn on the healdebuff.

The problem is the class is incredibly shallow with very little synergy between trees and only kept competetive and desireable by these broken mechanics.
    Edited by Derra on January 31, 2018 7:18PM
    <Noricum>

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Let’s see...

Wings are not the same thing. Not even close. Secondary effects go through wings, there are abilities that can be absorbed but cant be reflected and wings have a very high cost.

Shimmering is not even close. You can spam it even on a stamina warden, it shuts down ranged builds much easier than wings cause of the way absorb works and even in the worst case scenario where u absorb like a couple of light attacks, you still get the arguably best buff in the entire game. Spamming it literally helps your sustain. Thats beyond idiotic.

Im sorry but calling such a skill crap means you are either running in a huge zerg or you simply dont understand PVP. Ive been in fights i never even thought i could possibly win/survive and i shouldnt win/survive but still came on top just by spamming shimmering. Literally, just spamming it. Spamming that skill means you are not dying, you are not running out of resources and you are building up ult like nuts which can most certainly turn the fight around. I cant even fathom how you even say that major heroism cant turn the fights. The game right now revolves around ults. Even the worst class in the game can perform good with good ult regen. Warden ult regen sometimes feels like emp ult regen.

You are making ridiculously absurd statements and trying to present one of the best skills in the game if not the best as crap.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 31, 2018 10:30PM