Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO PVP is a Joke < ! >

shiningforce
shiningforce
✭✭✭
Now before I start I just wanted to say I really do like ESO for its other aspects of the game. PVE is fantastic and the Dungeons are fun to run through. Crafting is crafting and Housing needs a few fixes like more items to put into housing but other than that the game is solid..... until you hit PVP.

I have read countless articles on pvp and there are way too many people that dont like it. Zenimax doesnt seem to care honestly. The only people that seem to really love PVP are the ones with the higher gear sets and can One shot you EVERY TIME. These are the people that defend pvp on each thread. At least in games like SWO or WoW you can just show up and have a slight chance of success each time.

The issue with PVP in ESO is its not built for PVP in Mind! Every attack is basically automatic with no cooldowns or having to wait small durations like 1 1/2 seconds to shoot a magic spell like every other MMO. So all you have are ppl that get the highest level gear (Usually by purchasing it with RL money) and people that just start get Hit once blasted to death every time they spawn. Now there are a lot of builds you can use but everyone pretty much ends up with the same.

This is a gear driven pvp game and that royally sucks. Look I have played many MMO's since Everquest and have always been really good at PVP. But ESO is just nonsense. Even if someone has more gear than you, at least you should be able to use your skill against them. Nope because they ONE or TWO SHOT YOU!

The map is too long for raiding pvp. The Battleground are so lazily constructed, Run in a circle and capture flags..... You can't even pick the battleground you want, queing for random just stinks all by itself.

I do not see the appeal of PvP, Which is a real deal breaker for me, whenever better gear comes out everyone will run to get it. Didn't need to do that in other MMO's, Honestly it really falls on the combat system itself, I know its made for PC and Console but only 5 /10 buttons which you switch from and all attacks are automatic is ridiculous.

Spam spam spam, have top gear, spam. No skill involved. Its pretty lackluster.

Anyway its just my Opinion if you love it thats nice but after taking years of looking at the comments sections of people tlaking about PvP its obvious for many reasons its broke. This is also a reason many people end up leaving this game, The combat system needs to be fixed, We were originally told this game wouldnt be like it is now, that is would be fair to players. Anyone should be able to come into pvp and have a chance at Fun and succeeding a bit.

If I misspelled anything/grammar issues sorry English is not my first language.
-- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game was made for PvP fyi.

But what you're talking about is the power creep

There was a time when a single attack dealing 7k was unheard-of
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a coach when I was boxing tell me to stop spamming jabs . Cross , hook , guard then jab when he's open . I wonder if he played PVP games . Anyways that's how you win in PVP too , not just spamming abilities . There are optimal rotations . The game was designed with skill in mind and Nick Konkle was very good at it . Good PVP players don't spam anything . Unless tired and Zerg surfing . The other half is gear issues all MMO games go through at end game . The problem with ESO PVP is lag . Lag and not enough investments .
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy *** there is so much to unpack in the post...

Zenimax doesnt seem to care honestly.
    Correct
    PvP'ers get the least out of paying for a sub or buying crown store items, so ZoS naturally favours development towards other aspects.

The only people that seem to really love PVP are the ones with the higher gear sets and can One shot you EVERY TIME. These are the people that defend pvp on each thread.
    Incorrect.
    Having the knowledge and experience to pick the right gear is important, but anyone can craft/farm/buy (cheaply) gear that is 90% competitive even at purple level quality.

The issue with PVP in ESO is its not built for PVP in Mind!
    Incorrect.
    PvP didn't accidentally happen somewhere in development, it was designed and advertised as such.

Every attack is basically automatic with no cooldowns or having to wait small durations like 1 1/2 seconds to shoot a magic spell like every other MMO.
    Correct.... I guess?
    Global cooldown is 0.9 seconds I believe, but your general message is true.

So all you have are ppl that get the highest level gear
    Correct.
    People get high level gear, the same as literally every other game in existence.

(Usually by purchasing it with RL money)
    Well... we can't disprove that so the onus is you to prove it, not just say it.
    Hook me up with these people please, would love to supplement my income.

and people that just start get Hit once blasted to death every time they spawn.
    Incorrect.
    Horse simulator prevents spawn camping and poor rendering times largely prevents FC camping also.

Now there are a lot of builds you can use but everyone pretty much ends up with the same.
    Correct...ish.
    There are common combinations that arise from effectiveness, accessibility, and suitability; but the build diversity in PvP is actually quite immense (and honestly part of the problem, cause people build dumb when sometimes it's best to follow the meta). However, doesn't this directly contradict what you said above? If everyone is basically running the same gear, then why does people having "high level gear" mean they are gods and worth complaining about?

This is a gear driven pvp game and that royally sucks. Look I have played many MMO's since Everquest and have always been really good at PVP. But ESO is just nonsense.
    Incorrect.
    Any experienced PvP'er will tell you their specific gear only makes them 5-10% more "effective" then the (usually) easy to obtain meta build. In my opinion; PvP is 50% experience, 40% skill and 10% sets.

whenever better gear comes out everyone will run to get it.
    Incorrect.
    MagSorc - no updated sets since 1T - still wrecks
    MagPlar - runs Julianos - still wrecks
    MagDK - updated Morrowwind - still wrecks

but after taking years of looking at the comments sections of people tlaking about PvP its obvious for many reasons its broke.
    This comes off as you needed to spend more time PvP'ing than reading about it.

We were originally told this game wouldnt be like it is now
    *shrugs*
    They couldn't possibly have told players what the game will be like in X years apart from "it's Elder Scrolls Online".

Anyway its just my Opinion if you love it thats nice
    Nope, sorry :(.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taylor_MB ...wow, that was a serious next level response - well done indeed :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't your general tab targetting MMO. Yes ESO PvP has imbalance issues, some classes are just better than others etc.
    But overall if you expect to just jump in PvP and beat players with 1000+ hours of experience, good luck with that because you're in for a disappointment.

You can live 2 seconds vs a single guy or 20 minutes against overwhelming odds, it all depends on your skill and general knowledge of the game. and it also depends on your enemy too. If you are getting one or two shot go and use real gear, not some random quest reward item.

So many times on my stamDK I killed groups of players by myself, and so many other times I got absolutely destroyed by a single player.

If you stand in my face without defending yourself or putting up much pressure on me you will get stomped.

And you will get stomped so hard that you will write a pointless rant like this.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 24, 2018 1:52AM
    Options
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now before I start I just wanted to say I really do like ESO for its other aspects of the game. PVE is fantastic and the Dungeons are fun to run through. Crafting is crafting and Housing needs a few fixes like more items to put into housing but other than that the game is solid..... until you hit PVP.

I have read countless articles on pvp and there are way too many people that dont like it. Zenimax doesnt seem to care honestly. The only people that seem to really love PVP are the ones with the higher gear sets and can One shot you EVERY TIME. These are the people that defend pvp on each thread. At least in games like SWO or WoW you can just show up and have a slight chance of success each time.

The issue with PVP in ESO is its not built for PVP in Mind! Every attack is basically automatic with no cooldowns or having to wait small durations like 1 1/2 seconds to shoot a magic spell like every other MMO. So all you have are ppl that get the highest level gear (Usually by purchasing it with RL money) and people that just start get Hit once blasted to death every time they spawn. Now there are a lot of builds you can use but everyone pretty much ends up with the same.

This is a gear driven pvp game and that royally sucks. Look I have played many MMO's since Everquest and have always been really good at PVP. But ESO is just nonsense. Even if someone has more gear than you, at least you should be able to use your skill against them. Nope because they ONE or TWO SHOT YOU!

The map is too long for raiding pvp. The Battleground are so lazily constructed, Run in a circle and capture flags..... You can't even pick the battleground you want, queing for random just stinks all by itself.

I do not see the appeal of PvP, Which is a real deal breaker for me, whenever better gear comes out everyone will run to get it. Didn't need to do that in other MMO's, Honestly it really falls on the combat system itself, I know its made for PC and Console but only 5 /10 buttons which you switch from and all attacks are automatic is ridiculous.

Anyway its just my Opinion if you love it thats nice but after taking years of looking at the comments sections of people tlaking about PvP its obvious for many reasons its broke. This is also a reason many people end up leaving this game, The combat system needs to be fixed, We were originally told this game wouldnt be like it is now, that is would be fair to players. Anyone should be able to come into pvp and have a chance at Fun and succeeding a bit.

Dc And Ad are a joke
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »

Dc And Ad are a joke

pft, says the Ebonfart Pact.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're telling PVP jokes, here's one that can be applied to any alliance:
    0.jpg

If we're just complaining about PVP, I'm going to let you all complain about what you don't like. See, I like playing objective-based PVP in Cyrodiil with an organized group, so the majority of the complaints here have no impact on my enjoyment of PVP.
    Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I think your inexperience is really showing in your post. I encourage you to become more informed about the subject before you create a lengthy post.

ESO PvP has a pretty steep learning curve, the entire game does but the difference is that in most of the PvE content is mind numbingly easy.. so even if you fail at a build and don't understand your skills or mechanics, you will still win. If you can complete veteran Maelstrom arena, you should have a decent idea of what it takes to be good at PvP. They aren't directly proportional, but it does require you have a decent build and a grasp of your skills, and how to use them effectively.

I don't think you should step into PvP wearing whatever you want, smash buttons and expect to do well.

PvP means you are facing other players, if they try harder than you it is going to show... and obviously does.

Also, LOL at your Everquest PvP reference. That was the most gear weighted PvP in any game I ever played. I was Pandemonium on Tallon Zek, we literally owned that server for years because nobody could close the gear gap.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to leave this here... of what I thought eso PvP was in 2014.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_versus_player

PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other. PvP is often controversial when used in role-playing games. In most cases, there are vast differences in abilities between experienced and novice players. PvP can even encourage experienced players to immediately attack and kill inexperienced players. PvP is sometimes called player killing.

It's gotten so bad that inexperienced players for 2 years has been complaining to the point of no return. ESO PVP died when "Tam One" came out, and it won't get any better.

Oh wait did you guys think this would turn into an Esport keep dreaming.

Good talk !

Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The only people that seem to really love PVP are the ones with the higher gear sets and can One shot you EVERY TIME."

I get one shot all the time and still really like PVP
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say that I’ve never been killed by gear alone. It’s usually by numbers ( the enemies always a Zerg regardless of my own numbers) or really organized groups that are sometimes cheese by how much the synergies work yet non the less; more organized And finally; just better players. I sit back sometimes an watch the 1 v Xers and while yes; they run around LOS kiting players; I’ll be damned if I could do it.
    Options
  • courier
    courier
    ✭✭✭
    where can I spend rl monies to get good? please link
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much salt in OP’s thread it’s unreal.

Open YouTube and figure out how to play.

A 12v12v12 is not going to make you any better.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be salty too if I was bad at PvP.

Thankfully being good at other video games carried over to this game . And thankfully this game has a high skill cap.

If it wasn’t for the steep learning curve being too tough for people like OP, I couldn’t get those 30-0 KDs

So thank you OP.

In about a year you’ll reporting me for hacking and whining on the boards about his prevalent cheat engine is. Looking forward to making fun of you then too.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if you are being one shot... you are the problem, not the guy one shotting you.

You need to improve your build and your skills. PM me if you genuinely want to improve, I can get you pointed in the right direction if you are willing to learn and not complain.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    "The only people that seem to really love PVP are the ones with the higher gear sets and can One shot you EVERY TIME."

I get one shot all the time and still really like PVP

:D
    Same, sorta. I don't one-shot anyone, ever. And I still really like eso pvp.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're telling PVP jokes, here's one that can be applied to any alliance:
    0.jpg

If we're just complaining about PVP, I'm going to let you all complain about what you don't like. See, I like playing objective-based PVP in Cyrodiil with an organized group, so the majority of the complaints here have no impact on my enjoyment of PVP.

This is where I stopped reading.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the end all be all answer

Lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I'm just in for 4000hrs and half of those is getting as you say one shotted but I still love it
    Just don't pvp if you don't like it and if you have to it's not for very long
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    what a good and 100% right answer of @Taylor_MB im impressed *_*

also like the part with: "you should probably play more pvp and read less about it" XDDD lold today morning in my office rly hard

but its true!
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    I just let the comments flow in after I made my initial Post. Came back to see the obvious, people calling the OP discussion salty, You would think after reading my post that yes I dont like PvP much in this game. So thank you Obvious people.

Sorry but my initial comments really do stand. I am not new to PvP, so please dont pretend you know me (some of you) . This eso version is just a grind to get the best gear to win. Nobody even said the word skill in a rebuttal which is really sad, there is no skill involved. Most people dont like pvp in eso, only the people with higher gear and - -- - Honestly did someone just tell me to go to Youtube? Is that where you are all getting your info? Just like I was saying builds are all taken from other builds, Lol someone actually told me they are good at pvp, yet they use youtube to figure out how to Pvp, the gear etc LOL ridiculous.

So I did actually play my friends character with much better gear whos been playing for a lot longer than I. Bone pirate and Blood something set, He is playing the same class just different race, same weapons. So checked he had all the skills up to the top and used the exact same skills I was using before and I was destroying people. Honestly you can't tell me this game is not gear based and is about skill. Its quite BS.

Thanks for some of the nicer responses, to the children honestly I could give two flying %()%@ at this point. Thanks Taylor for your honesty , except for the parts in which you cut my sentences apart/ Short to make it look like I said something else when I actually didn't.... I'll stick to PvE oh here, then PvP in Ark, whatever works right?

Glad some enjoy it, now you can enjoy saying im salty, while hypocritically being salty that I am salty about your beloved pvp.

-- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
    Options
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    I started pvping, at a time when people didnt go to online sites to get their gear and skill info. You did it yourself. I might just be set in my ways but if you have to go to youtube and other sites for info on your character build whats the point if its too complicated for you. To pretend your good at playing this game when your copying others and its gear based? I miss when MMO's were more about communities, most likely why survival games have become more popular.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started pvping, at a time when people didnt go to online sites to get their gear and skill info. You did it yourself. I might just be set in my ways but if you have to go to youtube and other sites for info on your character build whats the point if its too complicated for you. To pretend your good at playing this game when your copying others and its gear based? I miss when MMO's were more about communities, most likely why survival games have become more popular.
    No one is saying you have to clone what others are doing, however in most MMO games there is a set "meta" which is the current best skills, amours etc. in that current build.

For some it's easy to see those patterns and keep up, for others they don't have the time to keep up with the changes by reading and testing everything. For those people learning the changes via a 10min break down is much easier.

Also not every video has to be about gear/skills. Some of it can simply be about mechanics which the game doesn't teach you and are very hard to figure out for yourself (especially on consoles which lack add-ons). Learning from someone who went through all the pains already and is then willing to stop others going through those same pains can really help cut the length of the learning curve.

No one is saying you have to use the exact builds posted online, but seeing what people use and why can give you insights into how your own builds can be tweaked.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus, I understand what you're saying and thank you for the reply.
    Options
  • Zurigorria
    Zurigorria
    ✭✭
    Hey, no doubt Zenimax needs to improve many things in PVP, but I can live with that. What I can not stand is the way a big part of the community is playing in PVP: Macros, need to have an edge over others? Shame on you!! +50 group members running arround with huge heals, destro ultimates....What´s the fun on that? oh, yes forgot getting APs.

PVP community needs to engage in critical self analysis. the future of pvp it is mainly in our hands
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just let the comments flow in after I made my initial Post. Came back to see the obvious, people calling the OP discussion salty, You would think after reading my post that yes I dont like PvP much in this game. So thank you Obvious people.

Sorry but my initial comments really do stand. I am not new to PvP, so please dont pretend you know me (some of you) . This eso version is just a grind to get the best gear to win. Nobody even said the word skill in a rebuttal which is really sad, there is no skill involved. Most people dont like pvp in eso, only the people with higher gear and - -- - Honestly did someone just tell me to go to Youtube? Is that where you are all getting your info? Just like I was saying builds are all taken from other builds, Lol someone actually told me they are good at pvp, yet they use youtube to figure out how to Pvp, the gear etc LOL ridiculous.

So I did actually play my friends character with much better gear whos been playing for a lot longer than I. Bone pirate and Blood something set, He is playing the same class just different race, same weapons. So checked he had all the skills up to the top and used the exact same skills I was using before and I was destroying people. Honestly you can't tell me this game is not gear based and is about skill. Its quite BS.

Thanks for some of the nicer responses, to the children honestly I could give two flying %()%@ at this point. Thanks Taylor for your honesty , except for the parts in which you cut my sentences apart/ Short to make it look like I said something else when I actually didn't.... I'll stick to PvE oh here, then PvP in Ark, whatever works right?

Glad some enjoy it, now you can enjoy saying im salty, while hypocritically being salty that I am salty about your beloved pvp.

Frankly, I've seen so many complaint posts about PVP in which people complain about their pet issues that I'm about to stop bothering to reply. But since you complained that no one thinks its a skill based game and its mostly gear...

Let me tell you about my blazeplar.

Pre-Morrowind, the forums and the game were all up in arms about the blazeplar. High health Magplars using blazing shield to just wreck massive amounts of players' day. The build wasn't that difficult, so I grabbed the gear, and tried it out. I wasn't a complete noob at PVP, being reasonably good at my MAgDK healer and I knew how to find fights in Cyrodiil, the sort of fights were a Blazeplar should have been OP. But I didn't really know how to play my Magplar.

And, uh, how do you think that worked out for me? If you thought "probably not very well," you'd be right. I sucked. I had all the ingredients for success. I had the right gear, I had the right skills, I had even a decent understanding of the tactics required to pull it off, but I had none of the practiced skill that goes into making a build work. The result was exactly what you'd expect if you handled a random PVP player a top-of-the-line "overperforming" meta build and said "go get 'em!" and that player had no experience and no skill with that build. I was laughable as a Blazeplar. Had I continued to practice and hone my skill, I would have gotten better at it. I just chose to focus on my healer who was considerably less gimmicky.

Even now, I'm learning to play a Stam Warden. I've been playing on Stam Warden for about a month, lieutenant rank already, and I'm still learning. I'm still gaining skill with the character, for all that I'm a much more experienced PVPer now than I was when I made that Blazeplar. For everyone who claims that gear and class is all you need to succeed, you'd be able to tell the difference between me still gaining skill on a Stam Warden and players who have much more skill with a stam warden. You'd be able to tell the difference betwen us and a total newbie as well. I kill a lot of people with that Stam Warden, I'm even say I'm reasonably skilled with my build and my class right now, but the best part about experience is you learn how far you have to go and how much you don't know. I've got the experience to see that I am still learning and still have to gain skill even though I'm reasonably proficient and get plenty of kills. I've got my gear and build now. There's still a huge skill difference between a reasonably proficient stam warden and a good or great stam warden, and I'm fully aware of the difference. The only solution is for me to practice and gain skill.

In my experience, PVP in Cyrodiil is at least 75% skill. Skill at staying alive, skill at fighting, skill at understanding the map. If you don't understand your class, if you don't understand your build, if you don't understand how your class and your build is successful at fights and avoiding death, then you will not be a successful PVP player in Cyrodiil. You can muddle along and hang on the coattails of organized groups and make good AP without being a skilled player, that's true and I'm fine with that. How do you think I started out in PVP? Everyone has to learn somewhere. But becoming a good PVP player is absolutely about a very long learning curve of gaining skill as a player understanding how to PVP and as someone playing your particular class/build.

TLDR: Give an inexperienced player a meta build and gear, and they'll play like as inexperienced player. I've been that inexperienced player. Experience and skill takes practice. Being good or great instead of reasonably proficient takes skill and practice.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 25, 2018 12:08PM
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play ESO anymore but it's always good times to see where this game was and is going. Being a Day1 player on console "That's June 9th 2015, for the people that don't know."

It's interesting to see the comments, about validating ESO PvP combat system. From what I know about other mmos PvP/RvRs, ESO is not even close to it.

To 1vX your dreams really quick I will say this.

Why do you think ESOs PvP is not an Esport ?

I mean that is, true skill in gaming and 100% real recognition with sponsors, and making real money right ?

Does anybody know, why it is not ? I will let the next few comments, push that knowledge and wisdom of why it will never be.

1 year from now hopefully I will not see the same posts by the same people. Progression should be in every game.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 year from now hopefully I will not see the same posts by the same people. Progression should be in every game.

A year ago, I was timidly getting my feet wet in PVP, barely able to stray from the zerg without getting killed in a few hits. Now, I'm stealth flagging keeps, soloing resources and occasionally leading PUG groups around Cyrodiil.

Progression is in the eye of the beholder.

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play ESO anymore but it's always good times to see where this game was and is going. Being a Day1 player on console "That's June 9th 2015, for the people that don't know."

It's interesting to see the comments, about validating ESO PvP combat system. From what I know about other mmos PvP/RvRs, ESO is not even close to it.

To 1vX your dreams really quick I will say this.

Why do you think ESOs PvP is not an Esport ?

I mean that is, true skill in gaming and 100% real recognition with sponsors, and making real money right ?

Does anybody know, why it is not ? I will let the next few comments, push that knowledge and wisdom of why it will never be.

What MMO actually is an e-sport? This is no MOBA
    Options
  • mhc9840
    mhc9840
    I too think PvP is too gear-dependant, but I don't think how it can be better honestly.
    I mean, the combat/attack system in ESO - Skills are Spammable with Light/Heavy Attack Weaving, allowing sudden burst of damage in flashy glitched-like animation.
    And how the most attacks hit - they hit 100% auto-aimed. If several people start firing at you you're likely dead. Arrows & Fireballs have brains.

I think the unpleasant-ness of ESO PvP is due to the mechanics of the game itself. Which can't just be fixed in a few patches.
    Edited by mhc9840 on January 25, 2018 1:18PM
    Unarmed Fighter
    Options