The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Response to the Veteran Hard Mode Asylum Sanctorium Trial Exploit - Nov. 10

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Recently, a small number of players discovered a way to kill Saint Olms + 2 (Hard mode in Veteran Asylum Sanctorium) from safely outside his room where he could not attack them. This is not only unintended and an exploit, but it cheapens the time and work put in by players who have legitimately beat this fight and earn a very difficult achievement and reward. As a result, we have permanently banned all players – 34 accounts in all – who used the exploit to complete the kill and earn the special achievement and skin in this way. We will not be considering overturns for these account bans. They are permanent and final.

We are working on a fix for this exploit, but we will not be able to deploy it until Monday at the earliest. We will be watching things closely over the weekend. After we deploy the fix on Monday, we will do another audit of kills for this fight. Be warned: we will permanently ban any additional players who use the exploit over the weekend.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray! Thanks for the fast response and the fast action. Excellent job.
    Edited by Woeler on November 10, 2017 9:31PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    giphy.gif

Finally some rightful punishment thanks ZOS.

Also for those that do not understand it: there is a HUGE difference between finding a bug and purposly abusing it.
    Edited by Alcast on November 10, 2017 10:03PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jessica.

It really makes me happy to see announcements like this being made to make sure people are aware not to do things as well as actions being taken by ZOS.

I hope this helps people think about their actions in future.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Serves you right and deserve it
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rekt.

XBox NA
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    Damn.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Perma bans way too harsh imo. Zos are releasing unfinished content with these exploits only being possible because of THEM. I hope all accounts who done this get it overturned.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REKT :D
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Perma bans way too harsh imo. Zos are releasing unfinished content with these exploits only being possible because of THEM. I hope all accounts who done this get it overturned.

Haha no. This was deliberate and you had to be trying to do it in this fashion, and know what you were doing was wrong.

You're blaming aerosol can makers because some people huff the fumes.

• GandTheImpaler
    GandTheImpaler
    Class Representative
    Awesome response
  • NateS4
    NateS4
    ✭✭
    Thank you for taking swift and decisive action against these players. Hopefully console can get a fix for these endless loading screens soon as well.
    Nerf Nate
    Xbox NA
    Small Scale PvP
    Stamden (Grand Overlord)
    Mag DK (Palatine)
    Mag/Stamblade (Praetorian)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyTq3wqzJ5K200K2JSNlRA?view_as=subscriber
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. Thank you for not only taking care of this in a severe manner, but also for sharing the information and numbers with the community.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Considering this is clearly something that's beyond broken and nothing you can "complete" by accident. If you fight a boss and he misses a few hits, fine. But just clearing an encounter without the boss ever being able to hit you sounds like just too much.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really I'm guessing you would use an exploit if you could , I say great job Zos
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go.

At long last.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a nice little Terms of Service we all agree to when we join the game. In there we agree it's not their fault and if we abuse them we're subject to any punishment they deem fitting.

It's very simple to not abuse bugs like this, and it's very clear when you're doing it. These actions are for the better of the game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Justice prevails
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS nerfhammer is now fully leveled.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol

The people who did this didn't accidentally exploit something.

They figured it out on normal and then went back and intentionally exploited it on vet HM.

And then some other people found out about it, got the details, and did the same thing. Some of those people are long-time players with 700+ CP who are regularly on the leaderboards. Who then were advertising in zone chats that they were selling vAS HM skin runs.

So on top of exploiting and getting a skin and title that all end game PvE guilds covet, they then tried to use the exploit to make a bunch of in-game money.

Can't imagine how dumb you have to be to risk a permanent ban for something like this.

But I'm sure they stashed a bunch of gold and gear in a guild bank somewhere and they'll be back by the end of the day on new accounts.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom it'd be a real shame if you guys took a look at guild bank deposit transactions from the banned accounts and made all that money disappear ... most of which was probably earned via exploits like this one anyway.

Good riddance. GG ZOS.
    Edited by LiquidPony on November 10, 2017 10:05PM
  • Lascelly
    Lascelly
    ✭✭✭
    As someone on Xbox EU, I'm happy that you are taking this so seriously. The few guilds left standing are putting in hours to complete the trial legitimately and the exploit was just a smack in the face. Thank you ZOS!
    I do stuff, and things happen!

#NordLivesMatter
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get shrekt
    Edited by yodased on November 10, 2017 10:06PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rekt

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!! Thank you. I’m very surprised to see them take real action against this exploit. It’s a welcome sort of surprise lol.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this! Now apply it on Cyrodiil as well! Thank you!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your decision on this matter and for following up with the community and really sticking up for your players that put an effort into the content you produce. I know that we've very much enjoyed vAS HM, and I'm glad that the incentive to try the content and to push for clears won't be ruined by exploiters. Thanks, ZoS. (:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome to hear.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently, a small number of players discovered a way to kill Saint Olms + 2 (Hard mode in Veteran Asylum Sanctorium) from safely outside his room where he could not attack them. This is not only unintended and an exploit, but it cheapens the time and work put in by players who have legitimately beat this fight and earn a very difficult achievement and reward. As a result, we have permanently banned all players – 34 accounts in all – who used the exploit to complete the kill and earn the special achievement and skin in this way. We will not be considering overturns for these account bans. They are permanent and final.

We are working on a fix for this exploit, but we will not be able to deploy it until Monday at the earliest. We will be watching things closely over the weekend. After we deploy the fix on Monday, we will do another audit of kills for this fight. Be warned: we will permanently ban any additional players who use the exploit over the weekend.

yeah whatever, past actions remove all credibility.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol