Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Response to the Veteran Hard Mode Asylum Sanctorium Trial Exploit - Nov. 10

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn i wanna know the names x)

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see ZOS is now taking the game as seriously as the players do. :) I hope this trend continues.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Perma bans way too harsh imo. Zos are releasing unfinished content with these exploits only being possible because of THEM. I hope all accounts who done this get it overturned.

You know the road crews clearly made unfinished roads because people could hop the curb and drive down the side walk to bypass traffic.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol.

Cheat at video game hurting neckbeard egos? Permaban.
    Repeatedly shout N****R in zone chat and reported by multiple accounts? NP bud keep raiding.

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks! Personally, I'll never be able to get that skin (still wanting a dro-m'athra skin :sadface: ) but I appreciate you guys honoring the hard work legit runners have put in. <3
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see ZOS is now taking the game as seriously as the players do. :) I hope this trend continues.

Now they should ban the bots who farming around tamriel....
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recently, a small number of players discovered a way to kill Saint Olms + 2 (Hard mode in Veteran Asylum Sanctorium) from safely outside his room where he could not attack them. This is not only unintended and an exploit, but it cheapens the time and work put in by players who have legitimately beat this fight and earn a very difficult achievement and reward. As a result, we have permanently banned all players – 34 accounts in all – who used the exploit to complete the kill and earn the special achievement and skin in this way. We will not be considering overturns for these account bans. They are permanent and final.

We are working on a fix for this exploit, but we will not be able to deploy it until Monday at the earliest. We will be watching things closely over the weekend. After we deploy the fix on Monday, we will do another audit of kills for this fight. Be warned: we will permanently ban any additional players who use the exploit over the weekend.

AWESOME!
    I don't care how many excuses people make, you KNOW when you are doing wrong! Exploiting/cheating is doing just that.
    I fully support this type of punishment for such actions and hope you guys continue to do this to exploiters in the future.
    Good job ZOS!

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note, I believe that the reason players did this was not only for the skin and the weapons, but mainly to sell runeboxes and skins.

This has been why players sell the Dromathra and Fabrication Sheathe skins as well (although obviously through non exploit-related methods). Could we please fix this? Increase how many potions are provided per craft attempt from 4 to 10, and provide players with even more Undaunted Plunder the farther they get into a trial and for HM completes. If gear isn't made BoE then this is the way to do it. Spell/Weapon pots are ridiculously expensive for the majority of players to maintain.
    Edited by Vaoh on November 10, 2017 10:53PM
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭
    Are the cheaters that glitched it on Xbox also getting banned or just on pc?
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Found a bug
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C4Bliss wrote: »
    I believe this is in regards to those players. To my knowledge the abuse in question didn't happen on PC.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleepy town!
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    On a side note, I believe that the reason players did this was not only for the skin and the weapons, but mainly to sell runeboxes and skins.

This has been why players sell the Dromathra and Fabrication Sheathe skins as well (although obviously through non exploit-related methods). Could we please fix this? Increase how many potions are provided per craft attempt from 4 to 10, and provide players with even more Undaunted Plunder the farther they get into a trial and for HM completes. If gear isn't made BoE then this is the way to do it. Spell/Weapon pots are ridiculously expensive for the majority of players to maintain.

sry, but nonsense meanwhile. the pots decreased in price already and the plunder even helps an inflation.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip
    Edited by Jaybe_Mawfaka on November 10, 2017 11:09PM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally!
    FvRcME0.gif
    I just hope its actually a perma-ban, and not reduced like the CE fiasco to a 3 day break.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    Perma bans way too harsh imo. Zos are releasing unfinished content with these exploits only being possible because of THEM. I hope all accounts who done this get it overturned.

This sounds like someone who's knows they're about to get perma-banned.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    lol.

Repeatedly shout N****R in zone chat and reported by multiple accounts? NP bud keep raiding.

That's funny, since that's exactly what you do, but in whispers.

That there is what's called hypocricy.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    lol.

That's funny, since that's exactly what you do, but in whispers.

That there is what's called hypocricy.

@Maikon

You are very welcome to report me then. Not like I care much though, since the likelihood that I would ever do such is approaching zero.
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't ban your last players zos. XD
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this new hardcore ZOS. I'm excited at the precedent this sets for other exploits found in the future. Hopefully this round of bannings will stick in the minds of players the next time something like this comes along.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. While the points made were valid, I feel that a permanent ban is way too harsh. Perhaps a month-long ban would fit better, just for this instance.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not on the exploiters' side. I dislike exploits, but there have been plenty of instances where exploits have gone unfixed, such as the vRoM skip, and the more serious vMoL exploit had gone unpunished as well; this had given the community this brash mentality to exploit freely. This sudden acknowledgement of and punishment for a major exploit, while a huge step in the right direction, just feels way too sudden and overzealous.

I have no qualms about future major exploits being perma-bannable, but this one should really serve as a warning first. RIP the time and effort spent in 34 accounts just for a bad decision to ruin it all.

Hopefully ZOS will keep this up and continue to fix exploits. The one in vRoM, afaik, is still there.
    Edited by HatchetHaro on November 10, 2017 11:36PM
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    AMAZING! So happy to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Finally some rightful punishment thanks ZOS.

Also for those that do not understand it: there is a HUGE difference between finding a bug and purposly abusing it.

I agree 100%! On the PTS me and a tank friend of mine found that you could attack him through the closed door. Paul turned it in to Finn IMMEDIATELY. That is finding a bug and doing the right thing when you find it!

I for one want to EARN my clear!
  • Elrosahir
    Elrosahir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. While the points made were valid, I feel that a permanent ban is way too harsh. Perhaps a month-long ban would fit better, just for this instance.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not on the exploiters' side. I dislike exploits, but there have been plenty of instances where exploits have gone unfixed, such as the vRoM skip, and the more serious vMoL exploit had gone unpunished as well; this had given the community this brash mentality to exploit freely. This sudden acknowledgement of and punishment for a major exploit, while a huge step in the right direction, just feels way too sudden and overzealous.

I have no qualms about future major exploits being perma-bannable, but this one should really serve as a warning first. RIP the time and effort spent in 34 accounts just for a bad decision to ruin it all.

Hopefully ZOS will keep this up and continue to fix exploits. The one in vRoM, afaik, is still there.

This, ZOS should also perma ban all old exploiters too that get 72h Ban.
    Ariana Elensar - Magicka Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion - EU - PC
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    I think this was an easy one for ZOS, since the players knew that it was clearly an exploit. Add the sell the run in zone chat was probably what sealed it.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think anyone truly upset over the perma-bans, has either been banned or will be soon enough.

• br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Also for those that do not understand it: there is a HUGE difference between finding a bug and purposly abusing it.

I agree 100%! On the PTS me and a tank friend of mine found that you could attack him through the closed door. Paul turned it in to Finn IMMEDIATELY. That is finding a bug and doing the right thing when you find it!

Wait so they knew about it and didn't fix it before releasing it? Par for the course I suppose.
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Wait so they knew about it and didn't fix it before releasing it? Par for the course I suppose.

No they fixed this in one of the releases on the PTS. That is how it pulls you in the door when someone agro's Olms. That is another way it seems.
    Edited by GCVDJ11T on November 10, 2017 11:59PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    C4Bliss wrote: »
    I believe this is in regards to those players. To my knowledge the abuse in question didn't happen on PC.

Hasn't the DLC only been out for FOUR DAYS on consoles?!

If only these people spent their brainpower on real completions and not on discovering glitches, we'd have a lot more vMoL and vHoF progressions reaching completion.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Become ruined, exploiters!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster