Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Response to the Veteran Hard Mode Asylum Sanctorium Trial Exploit - Nov. 10

• Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a ban is deserved but not a permanent ban.

I have reported someone every single day for over two months for being extremely racist, sexist, homophobic and threatening in zone chat. They constantly said (DAILY) they would hunt people down in real life and ***/kill them, *** children and how they have slept with under-aged kids in real life.. No ban. Nothing.

The reason I say this and point towards other exploits and cheats that people use is to show that ZOS is extremely inconsistent. I find that very odd. Dont get me wrong, they broke the rules so they get punished.

HOWEVER

Throwing down a perm ban when people did the same at vmol and got away with it without a perm, people use CE for leaderboards and skins / pvp and get away without a perm is just weird.

In the end people should not cheat or exploit however ZOS once again confuses me with the way they manage another situation..
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a ban is deserved but not a permanent ban.

I have reported someone every single day for over two months for being extremely racist, sexist, homophobic and threatening in zone chat. They constantly said (DAILY) they would hunt people down in real life and ***/kill them, *** children and how they have slept with under-aged kids in real life.. No ban. Nothing.

The reason I say this and point towards other exploits and cheats that people use is to show that ZOS is extremely inconsistent. I find that very odd. Dont get me wrong, they broke the rules so they get punished.

HOWEVER

Throwing down a perm ban when people did the same at vmol and got away with it without a perm, people use CE for leaderboards and skins / pvp and get away without a perm is just weird.

In the end people should not cheat or exploit however ZOS once again confuses me with the way they manage another situation..

Well this thread seems to have set a precedent now.

I am expecting every future ban to have a new thread, details of the exploit/cheat/etc, the number of cheaters and the fact that the ban is irreversable.

I'd really like to know numbers for Cheat Engine bans.
    @ZOS has repeatedly said that it treats cheating with Cheat Engine and the like extremely seriously, and now that we are getting threads for other styles of exploiting, I am keenly awaiting similar information on Cheat Engine, both in PVP and PVE for that matter.

@ZOS, please give us details of how many people are getting irreversable bans for using Cheat Engine - a total for 2017 so far would be great! Thanks in advance!
  • a_Beautiful_Mind2
    a_Beautiful_Mind2
    ✭✭✭
    So much for these bans being permanent and not appealable. So basically if people want to violate TOS there are no repercussions but a slap on the wrist and a “Don’t get caught again.” What a joke.
    ~Healers Matter Too~
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for these bans being permanent and not appealable. So basically if people want to violate TOS there are no repercussions but a slap on the wrist and a “Don’t get caught again.” What a joke.

WEll according to @ZOS they *are* permanent and not appealable, and therefore implies every future exploit, cheat, violation will also lead to permaban and unappeable - if not then that will cause chaos in terms of 'why this and not that?'
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WEll according to @ZOS they *are* permanent and not appealable, and therefore implies every future exploit, cheat, violation will also lead to permaban and unappeable - if not then that will cause chaos in terms of 'why this and not that?'

I think any future exploit should be permanent ban as how are people going to learn that we don't want this sort of thing going on
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    Ban people for using bugged content, it is something like arrest people who use drugs, purchased from drug dealer. I think normal way is arrest that dealer, not buyers.

Well, when you agreed to the ToS you agreed to not exploit. Pretty simple, regardless of ZOS' incompetence.

An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). Such behavior frequently includes things like gaining control of a computer system, allowing privilege escalation, or a denial-of-service (DoS or related DDoS) attack. from wiki

It was not exploit, they didn't use any program, don't change game code or files. Players just use game facilities and got banned.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just gonna put this little bit from the terms of service here:

"8. Rules of Conduct
    Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, restrict, suspend, or terminate Your access to the Services. As noted above, this could result because (i) Your information is untrue, inaccurate, not complete or incomplete; (ii) Your activities infringe on or are suspected to infringe on another's rights or any intellectual property; (iii) ZeniMax in its sole discretion determined that You or Your Account reflects inappropriate Content; or (iv) You or activities taken under or with Your Account violate these Terms of Service. Other Supplemental Terms pertaining to Your Service and/or Game, such as a Code of Conduct, provide guidance on behavior that ZeniMax deems to be inappropriate and specify restrictions on Your Account, Your use of the Game, or Your participation in the Services.

You agree not to use any Service to:
    • Promote, upload, transmit, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or Virtual Currency or virtual items. In an effort to continuously improve the Services, You and other players discovering exploits, cheats, cracks or other inconsistencies are required to report them to ZeniMax"
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ban people for using bugged content, it is something like arrest people who use drugs, purchased from drug dealer. I think normal way is arrest that dealer, not buyers.

Well, when you agreed to the ToS you agreed to not exploit. Pretty simple, regardless of ZOS' incompetence.

An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "to use something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). Such behavior frequently includes things like gaining control of a computer system, allowing privilege escalation, or a denial-of-service (DoS or related DDoS) attack. from wiki

It was not exploit, they didn't use any program, don't change game code or files. Players just use game facilities and got banned.

Are you that ignorant or purposely misreading? "A sequence of commands" is literally a person controlling their character in a certain way " that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)." Youre excuse that it isnt an exploit is proven false by the exact information you gave. Every action is the game is executed by a sequence of commands. Any action that leads to taking "advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)" is an exploit. From the writ survey exploit to using mementos to skip bosses to positioning yourself in a certain spot to cause a trial boss to be inactive but still can kill it, they are exploits. They deserve punishment and hopefully this is the beginning of ZOS taking this stuff seriously.

*Edit: Also, gap closing into keeps (through doors or over walls) is an exploit, CE is an exploit, finding bugged out sets or weapons and using them intentionally is an exploit.
    Edited by ManwithBeard9 on November 12, 2017 2:20PM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So because your development team sucks at their job, players get banned? Logic...

No, cause people are stupid idiots that violate terms of service they get banned. Bugs are and will most likely always be a part of any game, online or not. That is why onlines games have rules against exploiting bugs like this. We signed a contract before playing, we agreed to the terms, they were violated and so they got banned, easy as that.

There are times I agree, but this is not a major exploit... This is a sign of developer failure and not a hard searched intentional exploit. I would agree something needed done, but perma ban when they dont perma ban cheaters and bots? Nah. Stupid

how werent they cheating? just bcs not using cheat engine? doesnt the definition of cheating include exploiting a bug, and if not, since when?

If you are able to do something in game with game mechanics (not outside programs), are you supposed to assume it an exploit?

If you do the supposed to be hardest content atm in the game without getting any damage from the boss (and without the boss even fighting back) you should think about, that you discovered a bug. If you don't you are either extremely stupid, or you exploit on purpose.
    Noobplar
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS!
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

Are you that ignorant or purposely misreading? "A sequence of commands" is literally a person controlling their character in a certain way " that takes advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)." Youre excuse that it isnt an exploit is proven false by the exact information you gave. Every action is the game is executed by a sequence of commands. Any action that leads to taking "advantage of a bug or vulnerability to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized)" is an exploit. From the writ survey exploit to using mementos to skip bosses to positioning yourself in a certain spot to cause a trial boss to be inactive but still can kill it, they are exploits. They deserve punishment and hopefully this is the beginning of ZOS taking this stuff seriously.

*Edit: Also, gap closing into keeps (through doors or over walls) is an exploit, CE is an exploit, finding bugged out sets or weapons and using them intentionally is an exploit.

The character is controlled using the interface provided by the developers. Players do not have access to commands for the server, so you are mistaken, all this can not be considered an exploit.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The character is controlled using the interface provided by the developers. Players do not have access to commands for the server, so you are mistaken, all this can not be considered an exploit.

OpoQQ.jpg
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    So if they ban players they should remove ESO plus services and sales. Example-player forgets or assumes eso plus is removed with Ban or does ZOS ban and continue to Accept money? Who is the onus on?
    Edited by ARIES SERPICO on November 12, 2017 7:03PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if they ban players they should remove ESO plus services and sales. Example-player forgets or assumes eso plus is removed with Ban or does ZOS ban and continue to Accept money? Who is the onus on?

... this reminds me I have to go to my Gym..
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed my comment because I'm scared of being banned by the almighty ZOS
    Edited by Voxicity on November 12, 2017 7:27PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When you hit a skill button, it executes a command line. When you take a step, it executes a command line. When you run, sprint, craft, exploit trial bosses, its all executing command lines.
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

When you hit a skill button, it executes a command line. When you take a step, it executes a command line. When you run, sprint, craft, exploit trial bosses, its all executing command lines.

Sure, you right, but these commands execute game ''software'' not me. I just press buttons, do you have any rules about illegal buttons usage in TES games ?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sure, you right, but these commands execute game ''software'' not me. I just press buttons, do you have any rules about illegal buttons usage in TES games ?

Are you saying you don't accept the button presses? So you macro then?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lol, your character only does what you command. YOU are responsible for what you do....it's the same as in RL. Just because it's possible it doesn't have to be allowed to do.
    Noobplar
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

lol, your character only does what you command. YOU are responsible for what you do....it's the same as in RL. Just because it's possible it doesn't have to be allowed to do.

I use scroll wheels for abilities buttons. 2x scroll wheels on my mouse from SCELUS is light attack, interrupt, ability 1,2,3,5 could you help me understand the forbidden scrolling sequences of my wheels ?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    lol.

Cheat at video game hurting neckbeard egos? Permaban.
    Repeatedly shout N****R in zone chat and reported by multiple accounts? NP bud keep raiding.

This is so true. Zos doesnt care about anything except what the community crys about most.. infinite load screens on 2 PLATFORMS making pvp UNPLAYABLE.. Lag that never gets acknowledged. And on top of that people like this shouting that *** in zone chat on a daily basis.

Tbh i dont care about, it doesn't offend me or make me feel any way, but to some people it does and the people doing it are just trying to be a D Bag but after tons and tons of reports from sooo many people those people are still there.. Oh but HEY LETS PERMA BAN PLAYERS FOR DYEING AN OUTFIT WHITE THAT WE HAVE IN GAME!!! Yayaya that sounds legit.
    Edited by eso_lags on November 12, 2017 8:23PM
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

You wrong again. In the agreement of use nothing is said about an forbidden the game opportunities usage.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when a ban occures, eso+ subscription is deleted automatically. i heard from people, beeing banned, getting that info mail about deletion of subscription first, before even knowing they got banned.

Edited by Dont_do_drugs on November 12, 2017 8:32PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You wrong again. In the agreement of use nothing is said about an forbidden the game opportunities usage.

"Opportunities usage" that sounds a lot like, EXPLOITING. Finding and using "opportunities" in the game that you know are not suppose to be there is against the terms of service.
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

"Opportunities usage" that sounds a lot like, EXPLOITING. Finding and using "opportunities" in the game that you know are not suppose to be there is against the terms of service.

I already wrote what is exploit, specially for people like you, who seems are banned in Wikipedia. Please read this.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I already wrote what is exploit, specially for people like you, who seems are banned in Wikipedia. Please read this.

You mean that little quote you put earlier were you explained how you were wrong? I mean its pretty clear in the terms of service that the actions taken by the people that got banned were against the terms, which is why they got banned. They knew what they were doing was wrong, did not report it to the devs as per the terms, and instead used it to their own gain and then distributed the methods that they used, also against the terms, and then sold runs to have more people abuse what they did, making more people violate the terms, and then brag about their "accomplishments." They got what was coming to them.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its better learning in a video game that some actions have negative consequences...rather than IRL...just saying...
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I use scroll wheels for abilities buttons. 2x scroll wheels on my mouse from SCELUS is light attack, interrupt, ability 1,2,3,5 could you help me understand the forbidden scrolling sequences of my wheels ?

So what youre saying is that only 2 actions performed by you activate more than 2 actions in game? That would a marco and macroes are against ToS.
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

You mean that little quote you put earlier were you explained how you were wrong? I mean its pretty clear in the terms of service that the actions taken by the people that got banned were against the terms, which is why they got banned. They knew what they were doing was wrong, did not report it to the devs as per the terms, and instead used it to their own gain and then distributed the methods that they used, also against the terms, and then sold runs to have more people abuse what they did, making more people violate the terms, and then brag about their "accomplishments." They got what was coming to them.

It is not pretty clear, because in the agreement of use nothing is said about an forbidden the game opportunities usage.

you call it:
    EXPLOIT
    ACTIONS AGAINST THE TERMS

But normally you must call it gameplay, because these guys use ONLY game opportunities and nothing else.
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

So what youre saying is that only 2 actions performed by you activate more than 2 actions in game? That would a marco and macroes are against ToS.

Seems you don't know how is constructed a mouse wheel, one wheel have three way
    1. UP (ability1)
    2. Center (interrupt)
    3. Down (ability2)
    I think it is cheat, exploit and hack, you must report me, because only one wheel is used for three actions.