Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm maybe going back to magDK after playing a lot of stamwarden. At least, I'll run it if I manage to have a regular group with the synergies I want. Disclaimer that all of this is only in the context of NoCP.

I think wings need to have an unlimited number of projectiles, but keep the 4s duration. The increased duration has no value because I'm hit by four projectiles in four seconds already. Dropping cost dramatically or having a pack back mechanism like warden's shimmering shield would be great. If they tacked major heroism onto it like warden (they won't), that would make me run this even if I still got the status effects like major defile. Either way, they need to fix how things like dark flare will still give the status effect even if they are reflected.

I actually agree that inferno shouldn't be changed to an AOE - I've never felt that I'm hurting for AOE when I'm in PvP. I do like making cauterize hit two targets and happen more frequently. It needs to have healing output similar to mutagen/rapid regen to be worth a spot.

Fossilize needs to be fixed and there needs to be a substantial difference between stone giant morphs and this. We have an abundancy of semi-ranged CC. I'll probably keep using shattering rocks as is because of the off-balance chance.

I think the real issue is finding a way to give DKs a little more sustain. Personally, I love warden and DK specifically because they're ultimate-based classes. Battle roar makes it so you can use those for sustain. It would be exciting to see minor or major heroism tacked onto a skill. I think cinder storm would be a cool opportunity to give major/minor heroism while standing in your AOE. It gives life back to an otherwise pretty dead skill, lends a bit more sustain, and compensates a little for the changes to dynamic ult gen. Frankly, I think major heroism would be too strong and I vehemently disagree with putting evasion back on that skill because RNG stinks in PvP.

Other than that I think it would be nice to rework some of the pretty garbage passives in ardent flame and draconic because that 10% blocked damage reduction just ain't cutting it. I would stay away from elder dragon only because the health recovery passives contribute to a lot of interesting health recovery tanking variety.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK is a legacy class that suffer with all new changes that were introduced in the game. It needs a major overhaul of the skills and how they synergies each other.

Let me start explaining why mDKs suffered most of all classes with the changes that were introduced.

1) Dynamic Ulti regen - that was DK sustain.
    2) Combining CC immunity. When the game launch if you pull the target you dont give it a CC immunity, so you can stun it after that. You only give it immunity for another pull.
    3) Z-axis that broke chains
    4) Standard is 8m radius and whip is 8m range. They synergized very well with talons which were 8m. ZoS nerfed them to 6m which was reasonable when there were no skills in the game that removed roots except purged and there were no root immunity after roll dodge. Now these mechanics exists and the skill is not so udeful anymore. The cost of the skill is/was very high to compensate with the lack of the counters. For example now when the warden class was designed their root is same range, identical to choking talons but Wardens root is 25% cheaper.
    5) Reflective scale was infinite projectiles and countered all spamable range skills. And all burst skills. It was expensive and powerful skill. Now it is expensive but ZoS made a lot of skill unfrelectable. Again just legacy skill.
    6)Deep breath - interupt targets in mele range. Extremeley powerful skill at launch when all mele skills were interpretable. Now there is no mele skill that can be interrupted and even some of the range skills are not interpretable. Another legacy skill.
    7) Ash cloud - ZoS just took the evasion and gave nothing in return.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel,

Something needs to be done to help Stam DK a little.

Two of the best suggestion I keep reading and hearing are :
    -Change Reflective Plate to remove snare on activation and provide a short immunity.
    and/or
    -Make Green Dragon Blood viable for Stamina user.

It's it current state Green Dragon Blood is completely useless for stamina user, unless they have a ridiculous amount of health. A simple fix could be to change it's morph to stamina.

These are both things, I think would be interesting to at least test on the PTS.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »

-Change Reflective Plate to remove snare on activation and provide a short immunity.
    and/or

It's it current state Green Dragon Blood is completely useless for stamina user, unless they have a ridiculous amount of health. A simple fix could be to change it's morph to stamina.

These are both things, I think would be interesting to at least test on the PTS.

While both of these things are good suggestions, I don't expect them to give stam DKs the upper hand against other stam classes.
    I mean, the Shuffle nerf is global and impacts all, not just DKs.

Magicka DKs on the other hand really need some love.
    Just compare to other classes.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    sluice wrote: »

and/or

While both of these things are good suggestions, I don't expect them to give stam DKs the upper hand against other stam classes.
    I mean, the Shuffle nerf is global and impacts all, not just DKs.

Magicka DKs on the other hand really need some love.
    Just compare to other classes.

StamDK as a class is underpowered, but the whole meta of Seventh legion and ultimate tank builds are making them fotm.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    I clench my cheeks each patch but end up more and more disappointed each time.
    More than anything I want MagDKs buffed for PVE. We're melee and reliant on off balance, and so are Stam builds who do 15k-20k more ST DPS. So who wants us around? Chains utility? Tanks run that.
    We just eat off balance and lower group DPS as a result.
    Our skills cost way too much and we can't sustain without off balance. After one rotation while parsing with Rearming Trap, I'm over half way out of magicka, even running food that gives me 1400 magicka regen.

THIS !!!!!!!!
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'member when ZOS cared about DK and at least tried to improve it and make it unique with fun to use skills?

member%20berries.png
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty sad when the Development team continues to tell the players that they're right and we're wrong in the face of legitimate complaints about the class. Unfortunately they want us to hold block and tank PvE content, so all of their design philosophy focuses on that. There are like 10 DKs in the Vivec top 100, that should say something.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has made it clear that DK is a tank class and is even on record saying as much. I don't think the class needs a redesign but I do believe just a few small positive changes for PVE/PVP magicka DK would go a long way for us. Over the last two years many players have offered so much insightful feedback that appears to be mostly ignored.

Edited by Malthorne on October 13, 2017 5:21PM
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to see Magma Shell buffed. The shield mechanic is so meh.
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

Options
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I don't see enough of a differentiation now between stone fist and petrify.

Petrify:
    Cheaper, shorter range.

Stone Fist:
    More expensive, longer range, a little more damage. Can be blocked, dodged and reflected.

These are the kinds of differences appropriate to different morphs, not two entire skills.

@ZOS_Wrobel DK wings need to be buffed cause literally nothing is reflectable anymore. We need counterplay in this game. Dks sustain is terrible they need some help in cheapening certain offensive skills. Perma blocking dks are a big problem in this game. If permablocking was reduced and dk sustain was buffed I think we would see a lot more skillful gameplay. Make wings reflect meteors like they used to and once reflected have it break on a 2 or 4 second cooldown since it is an ultimate. And make meteor dodgeable again, make soul assault cleanseable and cloackable and bashable again please. Bring counterplay back to the game. Dk wings however need to either last longer or reflect more projectiles because its not as good as it used to be the class needs some help for open world. All of their counters are null and void basically because of force pulse and cliffracers. DKs defensive mechanics are literally permablocking that's it. Nerf perma blocking and give the class a good way to sustain and defend itself.
    Options
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    apparently wrath is getting removed from heavy armor.
    Guys I think were all gonna have to run impregnable or the new set "fortified brass" and medium. I guess I can adapt around that, unfortunately 7th legion and fury are out of the picture unless you want to run 3 healthy on jewelry
    Good thing is ill get to hang onto shuffle which will fix that one problem but over all were still gonna be hurting from this more than any other class. mag sorc warden and nb will run light and shield stack as they always have. mage Templar and DK will hurt, and all heavy stam builds will hurt obviously.
    Edited by scipionumatia on October 13, 2017 8:51PM
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It drives me batshit that they wanted to make a difference between Fossilize and Stone Giant. Instead of improving stone giant- they nerfed fossilize. If you're going to nerf one... then at least buff the other! Make Stone Giant a flame attack at least!

I still can't figure out why most of the DK's attacks have magic damage interweaved with fire damage. Sorcs have magic damage mixed with lightning... but they get a straight buff to magic damage and lightning damage from their passives!

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's pretty much it ladies and gentlemen. ESO live pretty confirms these DK changes are final.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »
    Well that's pretty much it ladies and gentlemen. ESO live pretty confirms these DK changes are final.

It's mainly lore for me, got a timestamp?
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Didn't watch it--what did they say specifically?
    Invictus

Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

That the petrify change from last week is being fixed (casting against a cc immune target). But that this is the last patch before release notes so there won't be many changes at all coming and they talked about the ones that were (frags nerf, resto & sb ult nerf, etc).
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

That the petrify change from last week is being fixed (casting against a cc immune target). But that this is the last patch before release notes so there won't be many changes at all coming and they talked about the ones that were (frags nerf, resto & sb ult nerf, etc).

Well the wings duration change wan't mentioned. So MAYBE a surprise change

Who the *** am I kidding.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what to do. Might be time to move on
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apparently wrath is getting removed from heavy armor.
    Guys I think were all gonna have to run impregnable or the new set "fortified brass" and medium. I guess I can adapt around that, unfortunately 7th legion and fury are out of the picture unless you want to run 3 healthy on jewelry
    Good thing is ill get to hang onto shuffle which will fix that one problem but over all were still gonna be hurting from this more than any other class. mag sorc warden and nb will run light and shield stack as they always have. mage Templar and DK will hurt, and all heavy stam builds will hurt obviously.

i know im afraid im going to have to turn into a light amor perna blocking magdk with warth gone instead of a heavy armor dw. if the sustain isn't there which I'm worried because she said its being changed into a heavy attack thing
    Edited by lucky_Sage on October 14, 2017 5:31AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    Vynn wrote: »
    For dragon fire scale; If you want it decent, usable and worthwhile, have it remove snare effects. Take away the damage increase (that is too strong), and give it minor expedition. Make it so abilities that are reflected dont have effects that go through anyway.
    Then, remove major expedition from chains, where it is the last place you need it and put it on flames of oblivion. Make it so both stam and mag crit buffs are on both morphs. While you are messing with FoO, make it consistently target the last person you hit with a single target ability if they are in range. Now everything is unique like @ESO_Wrobel insists. Nothing is overpowered beyond reason. Easy.

Changed my mind on one thing. Major expedition should not be on FoO, should be minor heroism. Giving DKs a consistent speed boost that keeps up with the fast classes is a bit much. Perhaps even major heroism instead due to other classes with finishers getting all the killing blows. (More a magicka issue, but wtv, just saying Combat Frenzy makes a huge difference for DKs, especially when sorcs steal all of them).
    Edited by Vynn on October 14, 2017 8:18PM
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested the new "Shifting Standard"? How does it compare to Eye of Flame?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    Has anyone tested the new "Shifting Standard"? How does it compare to Eye of Flame?

You cannot generated ultimate while the skill is active = [snip].

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 17, 2017 9:32PM
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

My guess is liquid garbage.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

@Bashev

Wait... hold on- does it actually say that on the PTS???

Because, if so, Wardens had better not be allowed to generate ultimate with Trees up, NBs shouldn't be allowed to generate ultimate with Veil of Blades up, Templars shouldn't be allowed to generate ultimate with Nova up, and Sorcs shouldn't be allowed to generate ultimate with negate up.

[Edited for quote]

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

@Bashev

Wait... hold on- does it actually say that on the PTS???

Because, if so, Wardens had better not be allowed to generate ultimate with Trees up, NBs shouldn't be allowed to generate ultimate with Veil of Blades up, Templars shouldn't be allowed to generate ultimate with Nova up, and Sorcs shouldn't be allowed to generate ultimate with negate up.

Its a stupid change. I see the thought process. Oh, a DK can have a constant strong 25s aoe DOT defile up, But they forgot that it takes a GCD, the cost is 250 and removing ult gen shuts down sustain, therefor gimping the ability further.

[Edited for quote]
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and they just forgot to mention that fact in the PTS patch notes?

So, for 25 seconds- I can't gain any ultimate whatsoever as a DK? You mean the ONE THING that defines our class just got gimped even further with our own ultimate ability?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This is a joke, right?

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, for 25 seconds- I can't gain any ultimate whatsoever as a DK? You mean the ONE THING that defines our class just got gimped even further with our own ultimate ability?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This is a joke, right?

I pointed that out on PAGE 5.
    Edit: Here you go

So much feedback on 13 Pages, yet everything is getting ignored. Sad and expected at the same time.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on October 14, 2017 11:03PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This is a joke, right?

I pointed that out on PAGE 5.
    Edit: Here you go

So much feedback on 13 Pages, yet everything is getting ignored. Sad and expected at the same time.

do you not rember the gaint dk post and all constructive and all they gave us was fire leap and dragon blood but didnt or sustain or forced inot vampire
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options