PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »
    What is everyone gonna run on their stam dk bars? I'm scratching my head really have no clue. With shuffle gone, and switching rally to forward momentum there's no other class skills that are relevant? I guess put on FoO? Or evil hunter just to fill the space?

Seriously though what are your stam dk bars gonna look like next patch.

I've been scratching my head for the past two days and... it doesn't look good.
    The problem is they are way too many snares in this game and stam classes relies way too much on Rally.

The 3 scenarios, I will test are :

1. Go Forward Momentum and slot Green Dragon Blood (Will need to rethink the whole build to have more magicka for that crapshoot heal)
    2. Go Medium and keep bar as is change bars.
    3. Go vamp and slot Mist Form.

Either way, it's probably going to end badly and I will probably go and play on my magblade, magsorc or switch my stamDk to magicka.

@sluice
    I tried running green dragons blood and forward momentum, keep in mind i don't use spikes i changed out for chiudon a while back because the 4k mag for wings, the 4k mag for spikes, and the mag cost on fossilize eats my mag pool already (on stam dk) even with running 14k mag on stam dk (fully golded with tri glyphs) green dragonsblood had abysmal uptime and even when it was up you couldn't tell. what i found was i was lacking healing and thus i was playing more defensive than normal which leads to less burst opportunities. i was using spell wall a lot more than i was using leap just to stay alive.
    can no longer compete in battle grounds with these changes which is something i liked to do.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with nbrookus, as a stam dk i really like the reflect dragon fire scale gives, id like it buffed so its more useful but i think the snare break and immunity should be added onto either igneous, or dragons blood as a base skill effect that both morphs retain so mag and stam dk both have access too it. both igneous and (green dragons blood) at under preforming, mag dk is the only spec i don't play in this game but i have heard that the mag version of dragons blood is a pretty potent heal. thus, i think the cc break and immunity should go on igneous. a skill both mag and stam dk should be using for the major mending.

CDB is pretty good. It's not Breath of Life, but it IS a functioning on demand burst heal and I'm super happy to have it. I don't think it needs to be buffed, but if it were, adding a purge to it would be my preference. Wardens get a zero cost purge and regen skill; adding a single purge to Dragon Blood would not be OP at all.

Igneous with CC break and snare immunity would be very useful to both specs, and since it's a lousy shield and the Major Mending got nerfed... well it needs a buff somewhere.
    jaburns wrote: »
    ...but then I thought about how mDKs only get elusive mist. Which, as you said, gives zero regen and no healing. I thought to myself that it would be awesome if we could get a skill that would give us expedition and allow us to have regen... but that would be OP, right?

...but then I thought "Oh... that's what Warden's wings do." :'(

:'(

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I agree with nbrookus, as a stam dk i really like the reflect dragon fire scale gives, id like it buffed so its more useful but i think the snare break and immunity should be added onto either igneous, or dragons blood as a base skill effect that both morphs retain so mag and stam dk both have access too it. both igneous and (green dragons blood) at under preforming, mag dk is the only spec i don't play in this game but i have heard that the mag version of dragons blood is a pretty potent heal. thus, i think the cc break and immunity should go on igneous. a skill both mag and stam dk should be using for the major mending.

CDB is pretty good. It's not Breath of Life, but it IS a functioning on demand burst heal and I'm super happy to have it. I don't think it needs to be buffed, but if it were, adding a purge to it would be my preference. Wardens get a zero cost purge and regen skill; adding a single purge to Dragon Blood would not be OP at all.

Igneous with CC break and snare immunity would be very useful to both specs, and since it's a lousy shield and the Major Mending got nerfed... well it needs a buff somewhere.
    ...but then I thought about how mDKs only get elusive mist. Which, as you said, gives zero regen and no healing. I thought to myself that it would be awesome if we could get a skill that would give us expedition and allow us to have regen... but that would be OP, right?

...but then I thought "Oh... that's what Warden's wings do." :'(

:'(

Purge on and AoE cauterize would be good. Every 5s purges 2 effects from everyone within the circle. Has a fire disinfecting sort of theme.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »
    What is everyone gonna run on their stam dk bars? I'm scratching my head really have no clue. With shuffle gone, and switching rally to forward momentum there's no other class skills that are relevant? I guess put on FoO? Or evil hunter just to fill the space?

Seriously though what are your stam dk bars gonna look like next patch.

I've been scratching my head for the past two days and... it doesn't look good.
    The problem is they are way too many snares in this game and stam classes relies way too much on Rally.

The 3 scenarios, I will test are :

1. Go Forward Momentum and slot Green Dragon Blood (Will need to rethink the whole build to have more magicka for that crapshoot heal)
    2. Go Medium and keep bar as is change bars.
    3. Go vamp and slot Mist Form.

Either way, it's probably going to end badly and I will probably go and play on my magblade, magsorc or switch my stamDk to magicka.

@sluice
    I tried running green dragons blood and forward momentum, keep in mind i don't use spikes i changed out for chiudon a while back because the 4k mag for wings, the 4k mag for spikes, and the mag cost on fossilize eats my mag pool already (on stam dk) even with running 14k mag on stam dk (fully golded with tri glyphs) green dragonsblood had abysmal uptime and even when it was up you couldn't tell. what i found was i was lacking healing and thus i was playing more defensive than normal which leads to less burst opportunities. i was using spell wall a lot more than i was using leap just to stay alive.
    can no longer compete in battle grounds with these changes which is something i liked to do.

That's disappointing man :disappointed:
    How about Keeping Rally and slotting Elusive Mist instead of Shuffle?
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
    Options
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it is they need to do one of the following:
    1) Give stamDK a viable class heal, then we can actually run forward momentum.
    2) Give DK's a way to remove snares with stam OR immunity for a short period with mag. Since stamDK doesnt have a large mag pool it's something we cant spam.

I honestly think they should do both so stamDK isn't so reliant on 2h for rally. So we can pick and choose and have more variety of builds.

The ideas I have seen that I like the most for snare removal would be:
    Cauterize: removes snares each time it heals as well.
    Reflective Plate: Instead of granting minor ward it removes snares and grants immunity for the duration of the skill.

For fixing green dragon blood I would do this:
    When this ability ends heal yourself for an additional X, this heal is increased in proportion to the amount of damage taken while this ability is active up to a max of X%. Remove major endurance and make it cost stam, if it costed mag it would be too powerful for perma blockers and also not a good alternative for rally.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
    Options
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @sluice
    using elusive mist fits is a problem for me, It may not be for other players though. in my post you quoted the problem is spending so many resources and time just trying to stay unsnared and alive it forces you into a defensive playstyle which really limits your burst window. you don't want to go offensive if your main resource is too low or if you haven't been able to hold onto a leap/dawnbreaker/onslaught because your popping spellwall every time its up to sustain your resources or stay alive. the changes coming to DK are unfortunate at best, the siphoner buff is going to hurt DK a lot more than other classes because it is now going to effect battleroar and helping hands which @ak_pvp pointed out. Also shuffle nerf hurts a lot as DK is a very immobile class as is.
    Options
  • dirtykdx
    dirtykdx
    ✭✭✭
    kookster wrote: »
    The ideas I have seen that I like the most for snare removal would be:
    Cauterize: removes snares each time it heals as well.
    Reflective Plate: Instead of granting minor ward it removes snares and grants immunity for the duration of the skill.

Don't think that's where cauterize needs to come into play, but I like that for reflective plate. Minor ward isn't doing much and there's no reason to take it over the increase reflect damage of dragon fire scales.

kookster wrote: »
    For fixing green dragon blood I would do this:
    When this ability ends heal yourself for an additional X, this heal is increased in proportion to the amount of damage taken while this ability is active up to a max of X%. Remove major endurance and make it cost stam, if it costed mag it would be too powerful for perma blockers and also not a good alternative for rally.

This one is a nope. That skill is used for PVE tanking as a self heal a lot more now since vigor got gutted and the stam stacking for PVE tanks stopped being as viable. My tool tip on echoing vigor is like 5600 over 5 seconds. And at that cost it's not worth using. I can currently hit one or 2 GDBs and get back most if not all of my health. With igneous shields taking a nose dive, this has created options for tanking high damage situations that I really don't think should be discounted. For instances on vHRC HM, the warrior's channeled swipes are doing around 14k after damage reductions, through block. Igneous shield and GDB cost roughly the same, so having a 10k shield or a big heal between hits are both viable options, with GDB giving the additional benefit of minor vitality. With how much PVE tanking has been gutted because of people butt hurt over PVP permablocking, we really do not need another kick to the shin. Warden is getting dangerously close to pushing DKs out in arena as well, so we've got to be real careful with any suggestions that buff one side while handicapping the other.

Oh and have you Tanked Ozara adds on vSO after the update where they are stuck in the room? DK tanks NEED GDB for that self sustain on there, or wardens with mushrooms/vines will take easily take that role. And if people have to bench their DK tanks for that one fight, and roll a warden, why should they bench it for others and stick with the warden?
    @dirtykdx PC NA
    [The Shogunate]
    /taunt doesn't work on bosses
    Options
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dirtykdx thanks for sharing pve perspective, seems like almost everyone in this thread is pvp based. Glad to see that theres is sound reasoning for buffing dk in PVE as well. I hope we can make it through this patch with some wins for our class
    Options
  • KaiserKnight
    KaiserKnight
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Many of these suggestions on the forum would make for some very balanced and interesting changes to Magicka DK. It is disheartening to see so many great suggestions ignored, only to destroy a class that is beloved by many players. We have 2 weeks of PTS until Clockwork City release I hope that some changes can be made before release to improve dragonknight. By improve, I mean balance in favor of the class, not against it as it is already one of the least used classes in PVE and PVP.

Personal Suggestions:

1***) Increase the range of petrify from 8 m to 11-13 m. 12 m would be a great sweet spot. Yes, magicka sorcs get a much larger range unblockable/undodgeable stun but Dragonknights need a good stun, that they can use to stop enemies who are fast or can bolt away. This is a REQUIREMENT for our class to function in open world against highly mobile classes, if we can not catch our enemy we will never kill them. Talons are easy to avoid now, because root immunity has been implemented into the game, and it will not keep our enemies close enough. Unfortunately stonefist will not do that job, and nerfing petrify does not make it more appealing. Petrify should be our main stun, end of story.

2) Turn stonefist into a projectile spammable.
    *Increase the damage of of stonefist significantly.
    * Give the magicka morph a 60% movement snare, not stun, and applies a fire dot.
    * Make a stamina morph that stuns and does burst poison damage.

3**) Reflective scale cost way too much, to justify it's use. Wardens get a much cheaper version of deflect which gives them magic back. I do not call for a cost reduction but adding another function of wings would be great.
    * Reflective scale still reflects 4 projectiles
    * Make Reflective Plate an absorb, it would absorb up to 6 projectiles for 6 seconds, each projectile you absorb
    heals you. It also grants major mending for 2.5 seconds. This change places two vital buffs into one to increase
    functionality of Dragonknight, which will make it a much more efficient "stand your ground class". It also justifies
    the high cost of the ability.
    * Make Dragon Fire Scale reflect 4 projectiles and also increase reflected projectile damage by 20%. It also grants
    major mending for 2.5 seconds.

4**) Change the functionality of Obsidian Shield. Decrease the cost by 33%.
    * Make Obsidian Shield grant a damage shield, and remove all snares
    * Make Igneous Shield grant a damage shield, removes all snares, & grants minor protection for 8 seconds
    * Make Fragmented Shield grant a damage shield, and remove all snares from you and your allies instantly.
    - It does NOT remove "ALL" negative effects which makes it different from cleanse.

5) Change the Elder Dragon Passive and make it a Dragonknight version of Sorcerers Implosion Passive.
    * I know we may never have an actual magic execute, but maybe we can have an RNG execute? Elder Dragon is
    perhaps the worse passive in the game, and does not provide much utility, this would be a great change.
    - Make have it a 15% chance to cause an eruption when an enemy takes flame or poison damage. Dealing "X" amount
    of damage when an enemy is below 18% health.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123 wasn’t saying Sorcs need a 6th slot because we have so many great skills. The issue rather is Sorcs are so streamlined now that you need some skills absolutely and don’t find the bar space for the new Rune prison because you have to give up an important skill to do so. You either drop a damage skill, a defensive skill or a sustain skill. Overload isn’t a solution. It’s clunky as hell and the 3rd bar bugs out so often.

Anyway, didn’t want to hijack. Sorry for that.
    Edited by Feanor on October 11, 2017 9:15PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Biro123 wasn’t saying Sorcs need a 6th slot because we have so many great skills. The issue rather is Sorcs are so streamlined now that you need some skills absolutely and don’t find the bar space for the new Rune prison because you have to give up an important skill to do so. You either drop a damage skill, a defensive skill or a sustain skill. Overload isn’t a solution. It’s clunky as hell and the 3rd bar bugs out so often.

Good! That's how all other classes have had to perform thus far, and so too shall Sorcerer get the "not enough slots" treatment.

For a long time, Sorcerer has had the privilege of skills that each cover multiple purposes and roles.

Streak is a unique AoE stun but also an escape mechanism. Crystal Fragments in its current live form is a reliable stun and has huge burst damage. Dark Conversion is a means to heal and restore valuable Magicka. And so on.

If Dragonknights had anywhere near the variety and utility that Sorcerer has access to on live server, Sorcerers would whine endlessly.

The point is, if you're a Sorcerer then your natural role is glass cannon. Sacrifice damage for survival like everyone else has to.

@KaiserKnight has great suggestions above for active and passive Dragonknight skills above that would bring it more up to par in regards to utility and damage in PvP.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on October 11, 2017 9:46PM
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Many of these suggestions on the forum would make for some very balanced and interesting changes to Magicka DK. It is disheartening to see so many great suggestions ignored, only to destroy a class that is beloved by many players. We have 2 weeks of PTS until Clockwork City release I hope that some changes can be made before release to improve dragonknight. By improve, I mean balance in favor of the class, not against it as it is already one of the least used classes in PVE and PVP.

Personal Suggestions:

1***) Increase the range of petrify from 8 m to 11-13 m. 12 m would be a great sweet spot. Yes, magicka sorcs get a much larger range unblockable/undodgeable stun but Dragonknights need a good stun, that they can use to stop enemies who are fast or can bolt away. This is a REQUIREMENT for our class to function in open world against highly mobile classes, if we can not catch our enemy we will never kill them. Talons are easy to avoid now, because root immunity has been implemented into the game, and it will not keep our enemies close enough. Unfortunately stonefist will not do that job, and nerfing petrify does not make it more appealing. Petrify should be our main stun, end of story.

* Give the magicka morph a 60% movement snare, not stun, and applies a fire dot.

3**) Reflective scale cost way too much, to justify it's use. Wardens get a much cheaper version of deflect which gives them magic back. I do not call for a cost reduction but adding another function of wings would be great.
    * Make Reflective Plate an absorb, it would absorb up to 6 projectiles for 6 seconds, each projectile you absorb
    heals you. It also grants major mending for 2.5 seconds. This change places two vital buffs into one to increase
    functionality of Dragonknight, which will make it a much more efficient "stand your ground class". It also justifies
    * Make Dragon Fire Scale reflect 4 projectiles and also increase reflected projectile damage by 20%. It also grants

* Make Igneous Shield grant a damage shield, removes all snares, & grants minor protection for 8 seconds
    * Make Fragmented Shield grant a damage shield, and remove all snares from you and your allies instantly.
    - It does NOT remove "ALL" negative effects which makes it different from cleanse.

5) Change the Elder Dragon Passive and make it a Dragonknight version of Sorcerers Implosion Passive.
    * I know we may never have an actual magic execute, but maybe we can have an RNG execute? Elder Dragon is
    perhaps the worse passive in the game, and does not provide much utility, this would be a great change.
    - Make have it a 15% chance to cause an eruption when an enemy takes flame or poison damage. Dealing "X" amount

I really like these suggestions. I might add though that for #5 to come to reality, Venomous Claw would need to take a solid nerf(which I am personally more than willing to accept). Stam DK already performs very well in PVE dps, adding any sort of execution component would put us over the top.

Second I would like to suggest swapping Warmth to the Draconic Power tree to affect Draconic Power skills, for Elder Dragon to the Ardent Flame tree with the changes you suggested. This would keep with themes of defensive vs offensive tree's, as well as having AOE's that snare that are harder to miss with such as, Talons, Inhale, Volatile Armor, even reflect if it lands.

Lastly to add to this I would suggest one more small but significant change, Molten Weapons and morphs should have their cost reduced. There is little reason for them to cost so much.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry guys, I'm sure ZOS is keeping track of all of our suggested changes. In May they will be sure to come out with a new class than incorporates them.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Personal Suggestions:

I'd prefer snare removal+immunity on reflective wings and keep mending on igneous. For the defense vs general utility tree. And the poetic "spread ur wings and fly" (Aka break free) Personally my style is use igneous before heal for ult, small stam and bigger heal.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    For dragon fire scale; If you want it decent, usable and worthwhile, have it remove snare effects. Take away the damage increase (that is too strong), and give it minor expedition. Make it so abilities that are reflected dont have effects that go through anyway.
    Then, remove major expedition from chains, where it is the last place you need it and put it on flames of oblivion. Make it so both stam and mag crit buffs are on both morphs. While you are messing with FoO, make it consistently target the last person you hit with a single target ability if they are in range. Now everything is unique like @ESO_Wrobel insists. Nothing is overpowered beyond reason. Easy.
    Edited by Vynn on October 12, 2017 3:46AM
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Yup - was just a sarcastic response to complaints about sorcs getting new stuff.. No room for it before the change. No room for it after - ie. it won't make any difference in open-world builds. Better changes would be something to give sorcs other defensive options so they don't have to rely on shields (that's what everyone complains about, right?) - but yeah, sorry to hijack.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main stamDK.
    Evasion and it's morphs was a bad gaming feature. Every stamina build ran it. Same with Rally. 95% of the times you need to slot 2h.
    I believe that the change to armor skills is a good thing, however 3 things need to happen to improve Eso, not just DKs.

Momentum should be moved to Fighters skills. Thay way all stamina builds solve their survivability problems. (All magika classes have access to entropy, resto, annulment).

Fighters and weapon skills should be made more efficient. Eg protective circle. Too high cost for such a small radius. Silver bolts. Clunky. Bow needs improvement. SnB needs to lose it's damaging power.

Lastly every class should have at least one stamina based utility morph that brings out the class theme of your build. Eg dragon wings or dragon talons or whatever.

MagDK needs to find it's place as stand your ground and win + become more relevant in PvE

Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We seriously need a better rework of a speed buff. My mDK gets left behind in AVA and Battlegrounds. Every time we start to sprint somewhere- my stamina is instantly burned out. I try to use earthen heart abilities to restore stamina and it burns off my magicka while trying to replenish my stamina.

So, now I'm mostly out of stamina and magicka by the time I get to a fight. Great way to start off a fight, right?

..and sure I could use Elusive Mist and suffer from all the debuffs of vampirism AND no magicka regen/healing while I'm in that form. Fantastic.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We seriously need a better rework of a speed buff. My mDK gets left behind in AVA and Battlegrounds. Every time we start to sprint somewhere- my stamina is instantly burned out. I try to use earthen heart abilities to restore stamina and it burns off my magicka while trying to replenish my stamina.

So, now I'm mostly out of stamina and magicka by the time I get to a fight. Great way to start off a fight, right?

..and sure I could use Elusive Mist and suffer from all the debuffs of vampirism AND no magicka regen/healing while I'm in that form. Fantastic.

I know I'm tired of being a vampire
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Make Green Dragons Blood a stamina morph,
    For PvP this frees up the need for 2h in every DK build
    For PVE this saves magicka for to keep molten
    up/Talons and volitile armor

2. Change reflective scales into "Deflective" scales now projectiles are Deflected they Do NOT return to the attacker instead fly off in another direction this checks ranged builds while not punishing them for dealing their damage and negating them completely. If you see a deflective scales up you can waste resources trying to pressure dmg or wait the 4 secs to attack without self damage.

3. Stone fist should be changed, No longer stuns and when activated grants allies minor protection and you minor resolve/ward. Now this skill falls inline with earthen heart skill line being supportive and buffing allies.

4. A poison whip, or Allow SnB to restore both magicka and stam on heavy attacks, really frustrating when trying to play a magicka DK and my build is SnB/Resto staff SnB is a stam weapon with stam passives which is anti synergy with mDK since they use magicka forcing use of rest staff heavies and stam DK has no class spammables which is annoying as I hate spamming Dizzingy swing.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bag9abb7zp7v.jpg

ma1zhaz081ri.png
    Dragonknight
    • Draconic Power
      • Reflective Scale: Increased the duration of this ability and it morphs to 6 seconds from 4 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        This new duration is consistent with similar abilities, such as Crystallized Shield or damage shields, and allows Dragonknights to maintain better uptime with less resources spent and global cooldowns used.

Thats cool but the problem with wings is that is does not function in the first place. Status effects ignore wings. We need a purge on every status effect applied from projectiles while wings is up to fix this.

Projectiles that REFLECT and affect the Wings caster (these bounce off the DK but still apply all debuffs/status effects)
    [*] Poison injection (both morphs apply DoT)
    [*] Sun Fire (both morphs apply DoT)
    [*] Dark Flare (applies major defile)
    [*] Merciless Resolve (applies a 40% snare)
    [*] Hidden Blade (both morphs apply a 50% snare)
    [*] Destructive Reach (Can root, DoT or stun)
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give the pulling morph of chain a try. I'm using it on my stam DK as my only "gap closer" and i like it. Worst thing that can happen is the target can't be pulled and you get your magicka back plus free major expedition.
    Options
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    dirtykdx wrote: »
    This one is a nope. That skill is used for PVE tanking as a self heal a lot more now since vigor got gutted and the stam stacking for PVE tanks stopped being as viable. My tool tip on echoing vigor is like 5600 over 5 seconds. And at that cost it's not worth using. I can currently hit one or 2 GDBs and get back most if not all of my health. With igneous shields taking a nose dive, this has created options for tanking high damage situations that I really don't think should be discounted. For instances on vHRC HM, the warrior's channeled swipes are doing around 14k after damage reductions, through block. Igneous shield and GDB cost roughly the same, so having a 10k shield or a big heal between hits are both viable options, with GDB giving the additional benefit of minor vitality. With how much PVE tanking has been gutted because of people butt hurt over PVP permablocking, we really do not need another kick to the shin. Warden is getting dangerously close to pushing DKs out in arena as well, so we've got to be real careful with any suggestions that buff one side while handicapping the other.

Oh and have you Tanked Ozara adds on vSO after the update where they are stuck in the room? DK tanks NEED GDB for that self sustain on there, or wardens with mushrooms/vines will take easily take that role. And if people have to bench their DK tanks for that one fight, and roll a warden, why should they bench it for others and stick with the warden?

I hadnt thought about that aspect, good point. And the cauterize changes, it's just a idea.

Though I really do think they should change the wings morph no one uses to remove snares and grant immunity for the duration. I would probably run this. That or momentum. Im not really sure that would give really interesting options.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    1. Make Green Dragons Blood a stamina morph,
    For PvP this frees up the need for 2h in every DK build
    For PVE this saves magicka for to keep molten
    up/Talons and volitile armor

2. Change reflective scales into "Deflective" scales now projectiles are Deflected they Do NOT return to the attacker instead fly off in another direction this checks ranged builds while not punishing them for dealing their damage and negating them completely. If you see a deflective scales up you can waste resources trying to pressure dmg or wait the 4 secs to attack without self damage.

3. Stone fist should be changed, No longer stuns and when activated grants allies minor protection and you minor resolve/ward. Now this skill falls inline with earthen heart skill line being supportive and buffing allies.

4. A poison whip, or Allow SnB to restore both magicka and stam on heavy attacks, really frustrating when trying to play a magicka DK and my build is SnB/Resto staff SnB is a stam weapon with stam passives which is anti synergy with mDK since they use magicka forcing use of rest staff heavies and stam DK has no class spammables which is annoying as I hate spamming Dizzingy swing.

poison whip would either hurt magdks in pve or pvp what ever one the removed so no on that and they already said no to poison whip a long time ago doubt they change there mind
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »
    bag9abb7zp7v.jpg

ma1zhaz081ri.png
    Dragonknight
    • Draconic Power
      • Reflective Scale: Increased the duration of this ability and it morphs to 6 seconds from 4 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        This new duration is consistent with similar abilities, such as Crystallized Shield or damage shields, and allows Dragonknights to maintain better uptime with less resources spent and global cooldowns used.

Thats cool but the problem with wings is that is does not function in the first place. Status effects ignore wings. We need a purge on every status effect applied from projectiles while wings is up to fix this.

Projectiles that REFLECT and affect the Wings caster (these bounce off the DK but still apply all debuffs/status effects)

Status effects also ignore warden crystal slab/shield
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Casting molten weapons/Igneous each time you run helps, but not so much...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Veg wrote: »
    bag9abb7zp7v.jpg

ma1zhaz081ri.png
    Dragonknight
    • Draconic Power
        Developer Comments:

Status effects also ignore warden crystal slab/shield

While true, it's not really comparable. Crystal shield is supposed to let special effects through (it specifically states that it only absorbs the damage). And it does - all of them.

On the other hand, wings are supposed to reflect the incoming attack back at it's caster, special effects and all. If this wasn't so, then reflecting a crystal frag would stun the DK, not the sorcerer. Special effects getting applied even while the spell is being reflected is a bug.
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead class played by those of us who are already dead inside.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    krathos wrote: »

Alive and kicking.
    Never gona swap. Don't care to win riding op meta.
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »

I know the magdk is the only class I enjoy for some reason. I had a lot of fun lvling a sorc but end game pvp not fun. magNB was boring lvling and end game. Templar was just to spammy for me. warden was fun at first but it died down its ok some times. but I also hate the magdk because it forces you to be a vampire and there isn't a magick melee weapon
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options