Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shuffle Skill is going to be locked under Medium Armor - PVP

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news!

I love how pepole blindly telling its a great news without thinking all the way about this change.
    Simply no1 cares about this, cuz the main class its gonna hit is stam dk, which no1 barely plays anymore. gz.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

That's exactly what I think too. This change is so outrageous magicka favoured and won't really help out medium armor against Skoria, Soul Strike, Leap, Pigeons and all this undodgeable nonsense. Magicka temp/dk/nb/warden will just roll over medium armor builds with laughter now (in both, heavy and light armor - there's no way that medium can compete with light armor).

And yeah, stamnb will be ahead of other stam classes.

Magicka templars already have most attacks undodgeable in every build ;)
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

That's exactly what I think too. This change is so outrageous magicka favoured and won't really help out medium armor against Skoria, Soul Strike, Leap, Pigeons and all this undodgeable nonsense. Magicka temp/dk/nb/warden will just roll over medium armor builds with laughter now (in both, heavy and light armor - there's no way that medium can compete with light armor).

Magicka templars already have most attacks undodgeable in every build ;)

You wont feel that change too much vs mag teplar or mag dk & warden...
    Only thing im worried is the benefits other class will gain over this, and placing mag classes at the top. literally.

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I think the change in itself is good.
    I think the timing is bad.

Should have come earlier and would have made some morrowind changes obsolete.

Got to live to learn. Such is life.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont forget the stupid magDK perma block dots... how u supposed to fight this in med armor?

Stop being bad.

The amount of crying in this thread is almost amazing.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭
    AS ZOS annouced yesterday in eso live,
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

Why stamina getting nerfed patch after patch, but magicka builds remain untouched??
    Dont forget the "low cost" of Shuffle on heavy, 4.2k stamina cost pretty must *** up ur resources.

Do i even have the option now to 1 vs x, or small scale as stam player if im not a nb or a sorc? let the snare games begin.

How classes deals with snares open world -

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy
    Stam warden > Major exp wings + 15% less snare passive (lols)
    Stam dk > ??????? Perma block???

You don't need shuffle on HA build, it is not mandatory at all. I play without it on stam DK, for about 1 year now, and feeling just fine. Forward Momentum - is your skill of the day.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if the same will apply to harness magicka?
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I think the change in itself is good.
    I think the timing is bad.

Should have come earlier and would have made some morrowind changes obsolete.

The change is good, but the benefits other classes gain from it, is pissing me off.
    I'm not sure stam dk can get more nerfs anymore, they touched everything.

Completely agree. I don't mind the change either but dk is so slow as it is, if you take away our ability to remove snare we're ***

How classes deals with Snares, CC in open world

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy
    Izaki wrote: »
    Wow guys did you hear that? HEAVY ARMOR NIGHTBLADES ARE OP!!! /sarcasm

This post is a joke mate.

Your'e the joke mate, come EU PC.. me and my friends will gladly show u.
    Try legion + ravager + BS / Troll king / 1 kena 1 bs... not that i expect that a casual like u can sustain that , but go ahead.
    If you really want your evasion you can always have a pocket healer with you running gossamer lol.
    Also forward momentum is far better for removing snares than shuffle.

Also keep in mind stamina is being buffed in other ways... 2h asylum weapons for example. Also incoming destro ult nerf etc.

Do i look like a player who rely on my group?

That's hilarious :))
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Dont forget the stupid magDK perma block dots... how u supposed to fight this in med armor?

Stop being bad.

but were all devastated that we can no longer use shuffle with our gold light armour, armour master while DDing!
    Edited by bebynnag on September 30, 2017 2:13PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don;t understand the complaints.

One of the criticisms about heavy armor in PvP was that it was too strong because it could incorporate Shuffle into their builds/defenses. And, by the way, a fair amount of light armor (and heavy for that matter) magicka users also put Shuffle on their bars because its such a strong skill. Now only medium users can use the skill, which is probably how it should have been.

As far as NBs being the only class that can get major evasion on heavy armor, Good! That's great. This is one tiny tiny step going back to the games origins where being a class mattered, being a certain class allowed people to do unique things and have distinctive buffs, rather than generic bonuses/conditions available to everyone. We need more of this sort of thing, not less.

The only thing Wrobel forgot was to re-work the Elude morph, now that it's pretty much pointless since the base skill requires 5 medium pieces.
  • Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Wonder if the same will apply to harness magicka?

You should read the thread than ;) It will apply for all armor skills
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU banter? What's going on here.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a heavy armor stamina NB mostly solo or very small groups and I approve this change. It gives a reason to wear medium. People mitigating damage and being able to dodge the rest of it passively is not ok. As a NB my bars are full of skills I really need and evade isn’t one of them.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I play a heavy armor stamina NB mostly solo or very small groups and I approve this change. It gives a reason to wear medium. People mitigating damage and being able to dodge the rest of it passively is not ok. As a NB my bars are full of skills I really need and evade isn’t one of them.

So then I assume you're going to be running forward momentum yeah? Cus the snare removal is as important if not more than the evasion for stam builds.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CyrusArya wow dude you must just love your crutches. No I won’t be. I will, as always, be using a skilled mixture immov pots, dodgerolling and resource management. Sorry I’m not one of those people who thinks it’s fun to dodge roll around a tower for 30 minutes until the only people who bother to come out are the poor pvers, and the post my “god like” feat of 1vX on YouTube like I’m a good player.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

rqa186ncvb1q.gif
    Edited by Chrlynsch on September 30, 2017 3:30PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop being bad.

Youre saying crying cuz simply ur main char is one, or ure just f*** blind...
    I wanna see how med armor can survive vs those, show me.

AGAIN, no1 cares about the 15% lame dodge chance, i care about the snare removal. its pissing me off that heavy nb can still go away with it, but still, main problem is when u solo as a STAMDK, u cant remove the snares / cc that u get constantly every 2 seconds. (if not less)
    0utLaw wrote: »

The only thing that is hilarious is the amount of times u tryharded / tried to kill me and failed. Maybe that will teach u how important shuffle is.
    Edited by amir412 on September 30, 2017 4:01PM

• Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, I like it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @amir412 well friend I guess you’ll just have to choose between mitigation and snare removal then. Or idk wear reinforced medium impreg? Look I’m not saying pvp is perfect or that these changes are a fix all, but they’re a step towards making people choose between having their cake and eating it too and that’s something pvp does need. The fact is that DKs can still be extremely tanky and deal a ton of damage. So learn to choose how you want to play.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 30, 2017 4:35PM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like those changes, ppl suggested this before.
    About nb's major evasion, i would change it to minor. And buff other part of skill a little. Imo this would fix problem with only heavy nb having evasion. About mobility, u need to choose, either u run medium and can run shuffle, or u're tankier in heavy, but vulnerable to slows. Or run forward momentum, and boost your healing in other way. Making choices is good in pvp, u cant have everything.

Edit for typos
    Edited by Jaxaxo on September 30, 2017 4:50PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the criticisms about heavy armor in PvP was that it was too strong because it could incorporate Shuffle into their builds/defenses. And, by the way, a fair amount of light armor (and heavy for that matter) magicka users also put Shuffle on their bars because its such a strong skill. Now only medium users can use the skill, which is probably how it should have been.

As far as NBs being the only class that can get major evasion on heavy armor, Good! That's great. This is one tiny tiny step going back to the games origins where being a class mattered, being a certain class allowed people to do unique things and have distinctive buffs, rather than generic bonuses/conditions available to everyone. We need more of this sort of thing, not less.

The only thing Wrobel forgot was to re-work the Elude morph, now that it's pretty much pointless since the base skill requires 5 medium pieces.

This. People have been calling for this change for months. Now that it’s here, only complaints. IMO most or all of these changes are in the right direction. Plus they’re talking about lookin at he strength of EOTS. Awesome. For once they actually seem to be trying to make PvP about skill and choice and not just about stacking every OP skill you can manage.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    I really like those changes, ppl suggested this before.
    About nb's major evasion, i would change it to minor. And buff other part of skill a little. Imo this would fix problem with only heavy nb having evasion. About mobility, u need to choose, either u run medium and can run shuffle, or u're tankier in heavy, but vulnerable to slows. Or run forward momentum, and boost your healing in other way. Making choices is good in pvp, u cant have averything.

Well said. Especially the highlighted part. Mr. Wrobel and his beard are not playing around. I am excited for this change.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a very good move by ZOS

No idea what youre talking about. Heavy armour tanks should not be allowed shuffle and now nightblade tanks have a little advantage too

GG Zos, you've balanced the game a bit with this one, props when its due
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This. People have been calling for this change for months. Now that it’s here, only complaints. IMO most or all of these changes are in the right direction. Plus they’re talking about lookin at he strength of EOTS. Awesome. For once they actually seem to be trying to make PvP about skill and choice and not just about stacking every OP skill you can manage.

Will the comlpaints about medium being unusable for anyone but NB end now? Or will the threads about being killed by undodgeable abilites (dive, soul assault) or "heavy" hitters (7th + fury, "ganking") continue to pup up? Does that change anything on being able to permablock a squad while dishing damage?

Or is this just a really lazy way to make it seem like a medium armor buff?

And will stamina players then start crying about being *** over again compared to magicka bc either you are permasnared (with rally as heal) or you have no good heal (with FM for snare removal) or because of things in my 1st paragraph (heal, snare removal but being squishy)?

There have been plenty of ideas to actually buff medium. But right now, it's status quo for playing that armor. You will die just as quick as before. No change to undodgeable abilities everywhere. No change to poor heals. But obviously people think this is some kind of buff to them.
    AS ZOS annouced yesterday in eso live,
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

Why stamina getting nerfed patch after patch, but magicka builds remain untouched??
    Dont forget the "low cost" of Shuffle on heavy, 4.2k stamina cost pretty must *** up ur resources.

Do i even have the option now to 1 vs x, or small scale as stam player if im not a nb or a sorc? let the snare games begin.

How classes deals with snares open world -

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy

You don't need shuffle on HA build, it is not mandatory at all. I play without it on stam DK, for about 1 year now, and feeling just fine. Forward Momentum - is your skill of the day.

On a class designed for holding it's ground, being snared might mean not the same as for a class that needs mobility to survive.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 30, 2017 5:07PM
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭

Stop being bad.

AGAIN, no1 cares about the 15% lame dodge chance, i care about the snare removal. its pissing me off that heavy nb can still go away with it, but still, main problem is when u solo as a STAMDK, u cant remove the snares / cc that u get constantly every 2 seconds. (if not less)

The only thing that is hilarious is the amount of times u tryharded / tried to kill me and failed. Maybe that will teach u how important shuffle is.

I don't know who you are to be honest :wink:

But what I do know, that you have lack of game knowledge, since after so many people already gave you a very fat hint how to remove snares without shuffle (cough*frwrdmmntm...), and you still in hysterics regarding the fact you won't be able to use shuffle with heavy. Sad.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop being bad.

I don't know who you are to be honest :wink:

But what I do know, that you have lack of game knowledge, since after so many people already gave you a very fat hint how to remove snares without shuffle (cough*frwrdmmntm...), and you still in hysterics regarding the fact you won't be able to use shuffle with heavy. Sad.

Yes, all of them right, lets remove the only decent ability that actually heals me. Sure, thats going to work.
    Believe me , 4 years of playing , pvp only, is enough knowledge for me.
    Edited by amir412 on September 30, 2017 5:15PM

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffmedium#

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How classes deals with Snares, CC in open world

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy

Cloak does not remove or purge snares since a long time already.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Nobody used it for dodge chance. Most people in heavy want to get hit for wrath and constitution passives, as well as things like fury and 7th legion.

People use it for snare removal - because every skill in this game is a snare these days.

Blur is irrelevant really. Most stamblades are in medium as it is.

Come meet my stamina nb in heavy with blur... i'm sure u'll regret.

I use blur too, mirage specifically. Forward momentum instead of rally as well. Shuffle is to expensive IMHO. But I'm in medium armor not heavy. What heavy set are you using for your NB?

On topic.....I've said for the longest time 5 or more pieces to use each armor skill lines specific skill. NB has Blur, but every class has SOME type of skill someone at some point will call OP. However, in the 3 years I've played this game I've never heard anyone say Blur was OP, that being said it will be fine. NB in heavy won't suddenly become god mode.

Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP snare counterplay.

Preview of Cyrodiil gameplay:

ay_118866346-e1379620635249.jpg?w=748&h=507&crop=1

Maybe this is their roundabount way of dealing with cyro lag -- if half the population is snared, everyone's character will run at the same speed as ZoS' servers.