The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shuffle Skill is going to be locked under Medium Armor - PVP

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    RIP snare counterplay.

Preview of Cyrodiil gameplay:

Maybe this is their roundabount way of dealing with cyro lag -- if half the population is snared, everyone's character will run at the same speed as ZoS' servers.

Full heavy armor should not be highly mobile to begin with, not compared to medium armor. If they want the heavy armor meta to change, this change needs to happen. I find it a "semi-buff" to medium armor. Or at least a reason for people to run it more.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Nobody used it for dodge chance. Most people in heavy want to get hit for wrath and constitution passives, as well as things like fury and 7th legion.

People use it for snare removal - because every skill in this game is a snare these days.

Blur is irrelevant really. Most stamblades are in medium as it is.

Come meet my stamina nb in heavy with blur... i'm sure u'll regret.

I use blur too, mirage specifically. Forward momentum instead of rally as well. Shuffle is to expensive IMHO. But I'm in medium armor not heavy. What heavy set are you using for your NB?

On topic.....I've said for the longest time 5 or more pieces to use each armor skill lines specific skill. NB has Blur, but every class has SOME type of skill someone at some point will call OP. However, in the 3 years I've played this game I've never heard anyone say Blur was OP, that being said it will be fine. NB in heavy won't suddenly become god mode.

Maybe you haven't heard complains about Blur because Shuffle is simply better?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Vapirko I guess you completely missed the point. I support this change. My point was, it's not the evasion that makes shuffle essential on stam builds. It's the snare removal. I'd love to see how you pull off a stam build without some method of shedding snares. For the record I fully support this change. I just don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

But by all means, if you are on PC NA, please come demonstrate your skillful use of immov pots and resource management to handle snares in a friendly duel or two?
    Edited by CyrusArya on September 30, 2017 6:38PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP snare counterplay.

Maybe this is their roundabount way of dealing with cyro lag -- if half the population is snared, everyone's character will run at the same speed as ZoS' servers.

Full heavy armor should not be highly mobile to begin with, not compared to medium armor. If they want the heavy armor meta to change, this change needs to happen. I find it a "semi-buff" to medium armor. Or at least a reason for people to run it more.

It's nowhere near enough for medium to compete, especially since shuffle and vigor were balanced in earlier patches independent of the armor requirement to be more expensive/lower chance.

This change is likely going to force forward momentum and 2h onto stam builds -- effectively removing stam's burst heal for an improperly tuned vigor. It's like they disregard or are unaware of all their own previous balance philosophies every-time enough newbs QQ on the forums about something.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »

How classes deals with Snares, CC in open world

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy
    Stam warden > Major exp wings + 15% less snare passive (lols)
    Stam dk > ??????? Perma block???

Cloak does not remove or purge snares since a long time already.

No ***, i ment , that somewhat u can ease the snare with cloak.
    Nobody used it for dodge chance. Most people in heavy want to get hit for wrath and constitution passives, as well as things like fury and 7th legion.

People use it for snare removal - because every skill in this game is a snare these days.

I use blur too, mirage specifically. Forward momentum instead of rally as well. Shuffle is to expensive IMHO. But I'm in medium armor not heavy. What heavy set are you using for your NB?

On topic.....I've said for the longest time 5 or more pieces to use each armor skill lines specific skill. NB has Blur, but every class has SOME type of skill someone at some point will call OP. However, in the 3 years I've played this game I've never heard anyone say Blur was OP, that being said it will be fine. NB in heavy won't suddenly become god mode.

Sigh, imma say this again...
    If other classes cant use shuffle on heavy armor , so shouldnt heavy stam nb... U guys never met @Bambok13 on eu didnt u?
    I really want u guys to duel this guy, and then come comment again.
    Edited by amir412 on September 30, 2017 6:38PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy

Cloak does not remove or purge snares since a long time already.

No ***, i ment , that somewhat u can ease the snare with cloak.

?

How it's supposed to make things easier?

If you don't explain completey your opinion, what you mean will remain misunderstood.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    I think the change in itself is good.
    I think the timing is bad.

Should have come earlier and would have made some morrowind changes obsolete.

The change is good, but the benefits other classes gain from it, is pissing me off.
    I'm not sure stam dk can get more nerfs anymore, they touched everything.

Completely agree. I don't mind the change either but dk is so slow as it is, if you take away our ability to remove snare we're ***

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy
    Wow guys did you hear that? HEAVY ARMOR NIGHTBLADES ARE OP!!! /sarcasm

This post is a joke mate.

Your'e the joke mate, come EU me and my friends will gladly show u.

Oh so you missed the part where I am on EU in my sig? Funny that. Do show me indeed. Btw funny how you just feel so attacked that you absolutely felt the need to question something of mine, in this case my experience in PvP. I don't know if all this aggression is to hide something or something?

You can save that sht talk to ur friends u pve with,
    Just whisper me on EU @Amir412 when ever u feels like verifying to urself how "good" ur pvp exp is.

Oh so I'm *** talking now?
    So now, since I'm only lvl 26 on PC, how about a duel on the PTS? You'll have lag as an excuse if you really need it.

Youre only lvl 26 on pc? Did your other account get banned for cheating?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, whoever says Heavy armor shouldn't be able to Evade via Elude because Heavy armor isn't meant to be mobile is downright moronic.

Heavy Armor isn't as mobile even with Elude compared to Medium Armor, because a passive dodge chance doesn't equal mobility.

You can also Dodge attacks in full plate in real life...Its not as cumbersome as you think.

If you want to argue it towards a balance point that's fine, But don't just say silly crap like "Heavy armor isn't suppose to mobile"

Also just wanted to add, Last I checked, you can Bolt Escape and Rapid Maneuvers in Heavy armor... so yea...
    Edited by Xsorus on September 30, 2017 7:30PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that statement is rediculous in itself and I won't even entertain it as I could go on and on how about it.

Drakk, I understand what you're saying but in the end, like every other skill in the game it will make people choose and readjust. I don't think people who rely heavily on rally will give it up for forward momentum. People are just going to cry because their heavy armor meta build has carried them for the last several months. They had damage, sustain, protection, and mobility without having to sacrifice anything else. While medium has what? The same but not as good even though the armor arch type dictates it should be better at some of those things? Take a look at the forums and the dozens of threads about the weakness of medium armor and how strong and overpowered heavy is for the majority of classes. You shouldn't be able to have the best of all worlds. Even if I don't agree with all those threads and what they say, perception is reality. A better balance is needed.

@Xsorus, I'm sure during your larping sessions you're fine rolling around in "heavy armor". But from my experience wearing a full kit and battle rattle that weighs less than actual "heavy armor" I assure you no one is dodge rolling around. That is possibly the most rediculous comments I've ever read on this forum. Save your BS for the movies and video games. And stop crutching on heavy armor and maybe you wouldn't mind the change so much. Yes it is from a balance stand point btw.

And whoever said if non NB heavy Armor users can't use shuffle NB can't use blur....okay, cool story bro, can NB haz healz then? Even as crappy as DK's heal has become I see that spammed all the time and it still works better than zero heals.
    Edited by deepseamk20b14_ESO on September 30, 2017 8:02PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh, imma say this again...
    If other classes cant use shuffle on heavy armor , so shouldnt heavy stam nb... U guys never met @Bambok13 on eu didnt u?
    I really want u guys to duel this guy, and then come comment again.

NB won't be able to use shuffle while in heavy armor. What you are talking about is called Major Evasion, and since there are armor sets that grant this buff, every class will still be able to get acess to Evasion while in heavy armor. Keep in mind, Blur + morphs don't remove snares and immobilize unlike shuffle, so those skills are not the same.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CyrusArya look mate I’m sorry your play style is gonna suffer so much. Again, If you want shuffle benefits then play medium. Plenty of good players already do. ZOS is, for once in a long while or perhaps ever, pushing in the direction of having people to choose how they want to play. So pick one. What ZOS really needs to do is remove snares from so many freakin skills in the game especially gap closers. But I’ve got no sympathy for you if you want to play heavy and have snare immunity from shuffle. The way I see it we’re moving in a good direction and hopefully we’ll get to the point where medium really is the choice for stam DDs, and heavy doesn’t make sense if you want access to real damage. But don’t come in here and pull the whole let’s 1v1 if you want to prove your point. I play heavy, I don’t use shuffle and I do just fine. I’ve survived my share of smaller 1vX, I’ve defended keep 2vX. If I die it’s from something stupid or because I’m outmatched. If you want heavy suffer the consequences or use forward momentum or some such skill, if you want shuffle use medium it’s as simple as that. As far as I can tell you just want to keep running heavy and still have the evasive abilities of medium armor which is not the way it should be.
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    @Vapirko I guess you completely missed the point. I support this change. My point was, it's not the evasion that makes shuffle essential on stam builds. It's the snare removal. I'd love to see how you pull off a stam build without some method of shedding snares. For the record I fully support this change. I just don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

But by all means, if you are on PC NA, please come demonstrate your skillful use of immov pots and resource management to handle snares in a friendly duel or two?

This is just silly how you ppl so attached to rally)))
    FM - gives you 8 seconds immune to snares and immobilizations!
    Just try it one time, and you won't ever return to rally.

Regarding Shuffle as "snare remover": it gives you very little time on immunity if you are in heave (0,5-1 sec), and it cost just too much. Taking into account all past changes to resource management, it's just not a good option for heavy armor user.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0utLaw wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »

This is just silly how you ppl so attached to rally)))
    FM - gives you 8 seconds immune to snares and immobilizations!
    Just try it one time, and you won't ever return to rally.

Regarding Shuffle as "snare remover": it gives you very little time on immunity if you are in heave (0,5-1 sec), and it cost just too much. Taking into account all past changes to resource management, it's just not a good option for heavy armor user.

Well to be fair rally is huge heal, but I agree, FM if you want snare immunity in heavy. Let’s make pvp a game of choice and skill rather than everyone has everything.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always nice when ZOS nerfs something you aren't using, heh :smirk:
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the armor skills should have had a minimum number of equipped pieces from the beginning.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed (lolz)
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 30, 2017 8:21PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP snare counterplay.

ay_118866346-e1379620635249.jpg?w=748&h=507&crop=1

Welcome to what magica classes already have to deal with since ages. Maybe they will now nerf the snares.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @CyrusArya look mate I’m sorry your play style is gonna suffer so much. Again, If you want shuffle benefits then play medium. Plenty of good players already do. ZOS is, for once in a long while or perhaps ever, pushing in the direction of having people to choose how they want to play. So pick one. What ZOS really needs to do is remove snares from so many freakin skills in the game especially gap closers. But I’ve got no sympathy for you if you want to play heavy and have snare immunity from shuffle. The way I see it we’re moving in a good direction and hopefully we’ll get to the point where medium really is the choice for stam DDs, and heavy doesn’t make sense if you want access to real damage. But don’t come in here and pull the whole let’s 1v1 if you want to prove your point. I play heavy, I don’t use shuffle and I do just fine. I’ve survived my share of smaller 1vX, I’ve defended keep 2vX. If I die it’s from something stupid or because I’m outmatched. If you want heavy suffer the consequences or use forward momentum or some such skill, if you want shuffle use medium it’s as simple as that. As far as I can tell you just want to keep running heavy and still have the evasive abilities of medium armor which is not the way it should be.

Yeah, definitely way to many snares lol.

Totally agree with what you're saying here. To many people have gone heavy meta and its a crutch for their inability to play well without gear dictating the outcome. They want everything but don't want to sacrifice anything.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Vapirko
    I don't understand if you cannot read or if you cannot comprehend. I play medium armor. I support this change. Stop putting words in my mouth. What I'm telling you is, simply, the loss of evasion isn't what's gonna hurt heavy armor builds. I disagree that a stamina build in any armor type is gonna be viable without a method of dropping roots and snares. Stam is all about mobility. The point of my initial comment was that your heavy armor stamblade w/o a method of shedding snares and roots is a bad build. And that if you're so confident about it, please show me in a duel how you deal with soft cc. Because if you have some method we all wanna know.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this change goes through I hope they re-evaluate the immovable skill from heavy armor tree. In its current form its worthless.
    Edited by montiferus on September 30, 2017 11:00PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that statement is rediculous in itself and I won't even entertain it as I could go on and on how about it.

Drakk, I understand what you're saying but in the end, like every other skill in the game it will make people choose and readjust. I don't think people who rely heavily on rally will give it up for forward momentum. People are just going to cry because their heavy armor meta build has carried them for the last several months. They had damage, sustain, protection, and mobility without having to sacrifice anything else. While medium has what? The same but not as good even though the armor arch type dictates it should be better at some of those things? Take a look at the forums and the dozens of threads about the weakness of medium armor and how strong and overpowered heavy is for the majority of classes. You shouldn't be able to have the best of all worlds. Even if I don't agree with all those threads and what they say, perception is reality. A better balance is needed.

@Xsorus, I'm sure during your larping sessions you're fine rolling around in "heavy armor". But from my experience wearing a full kit and battle rattle that weighs less than actual "heavy armor" I assure you no one is dodge rolling around. That is possibly the most rediculous comments I've ever read on this forum. Save your BS for the movies and video games. And stop crutching on heavy armor and maybe you wouldn't mind the change so much. Yes it is from a balance stand point btw.

And whoever said if non NB heavy Armor users can't use shuffle NB can't use blur....okay, cool story bro, can NB haz healz then? Even as crappy as DK's heal has become I see that spammed all the time and it still works better than zero heals.

Then buff medium armor as should be, not by nerfing heavy armor to a point where only pve players will play it.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CyrusArya and you’re not getting what I’m saying which is that I’m aware I don’t have a skill that sheds snares. But I’m ok with that because I get extra mitigation from heavy. I simply don’t worry about snares. Yes snares are way to prevalent but that’s a different balance issue. Now, stop telling me I’m a bad player or that I’m using a bad build. If you’re a medium armor player why do you care that heavy armor is being balanced. That’s a good thing for you. People have been [snip] to move away from the heavy armor meta for ages and now that it’s happenjng you’re complaining? If I’m fine with my build then let me play with it, I don’t need to prove it’s viability to you in a 1v1. If I need to spell it out for you I can stand and fight in heavy, kiting people is not really a good option in heavy anyway. If I get snared I can put out fear to take the pressure off while the snare runs out. And honestly I feel that being snared accounts for maybe 5% of my deaths, perhaps less. And it’s usually only because a massive group is coming after me in which case it’s nearly moot anyway.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 9, 2018 4:42PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they should buff medium....however....

How is this a nerf to heavy armor? You literally take away one thing....major evasion and suddenly its the end of heavy armor? You can't be serious? You don't think maybe heavy armor is powerful because the resistance? Wrath stack? resource return? extra healing? You think it was the dodge chance from a medium armor line skill that made heavy armor as strong as it is?.....I can't even....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they should buff medium....however....

How is this a nerf to heavy armor? You literally take away one thing....major evasion and suddenly its the end of heavy armor? You can't be serious? You don't think maybe heavy armor is powerful because the resistance? Wrath stack? resource return? extra healing? You think it was the dodge chance from a medium armor line skill that made heavy armor as strong as it is?.....I can't even....

It’s not the end of heavy, people are just losing their cool like every time ZOS changes something. It’s merely a small step towards making medium armor a more unique choice.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE!!! Been saying for years most Armor skills should be tied to 5 piece set of that armor.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy magplars run shuffle. Heavy NBs run shuffle. Heavy sDK run shuffle. Heavy stamsorc run shuffle.

Everyone runs shuffle - because it's broken in it's current state with everything else heavy armour brings to the table.
    This change was needed - and good. It just should've been from the start. Where's the logic in you being able to use a med armour skill while wearing heavy? Or using a light armour skill while wearing medium?

Stamina DK is far from "done". StamDK is still really strong - it just needs to be built right - and played right. (Although the playstyle it forces is kinda..... boring).

It's quite simple really. Want Shuffle - go medium. Want the resistances from heavy? Go heavy and get Forward Momentum. (FM is even highly useful on a 2h-magplar with 2h-ultimate :^ )

It's a good change. Besides - if you want your dodge-chance, run Hist Bark :trollface:
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If Blur is so much better than Shuffle, than why all the fuzz about being able to use it on heavy?

Blur and shuffle both grant the passive dodge. One grants minor resolve/ward or short duration of major exp., the other skill grants snare removal + immunity. Not to start about how it opens up rally instead of FM for a burst heal. But okay, be condescending.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 30, 2017 10:11PM
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Change stonefist into a utility skill either granting Major expedition reliably for stam users or make it have a snare removal effect like Forward momentum?

Ever since the speed cap (ZOS REMOVE THE SPEEDCAP, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR) this game felt so slow. Not only on magicka but also stamina. Even in 7 medium.
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AS ZOS annouced yesterday in eso live,
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

Why stamina getting nerfed patch after patch, but magicka builds remain untouched??
    Dont forget the "low cost" of Shuffle on heavy, 4.2k stamina cost pretty must *** up ur resources.

Do i even have the option now to 1 vs x, or small scale as stam player if im not a nb or a sorc? let the snare games begin.

How classes deals with snares open world -

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy

How does cloak help vs a snare you go just as slow but not seen.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    RIP snare counterplay.

ay_118866346-e1379620635249.jpg?w=748&h=507&crop=1

Welcome to what derpy magica classes who don't know that purge is already a thing have had to deal with since ages. Maybe they will now nerf the snares.

fixt.