The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Shuffle Skill is going to be locked under Medium Armor - PVP

• PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    RETREATING MANEUVER

Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition and Major Gallop to you and your group, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% and Mounted Speed by 30%.|Also grants immunity to snares and immobilizations, removing any already applied.|The effect ends if you cast any spell on an enemy or ally.

Morph Effect: Also removes all snares and immobilizations previously applied to you and your group.

Cast Time: Instant

Target: Area

Radius: 20 Meters

Duration: 30 Seconds

Well played. Costs like 8k stamina, but i see your point ;D
    Edited by PuddingZebra on October 1, 2017 11:54AM
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    RETREATING MANEUVER

Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition and Major Gallop to you and your group, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% and Mounted Speed by 30%.|Also grants immunity to snares and immobilizations, removing any already applied.|The effect ends if you cast any spell on an enemy or ally.

Morph Effect: Also removes all snares and immobilizations previously applied to you and your group.

RETREATING MANEUVER - THE SKILL WHOS GONNA COST 7-8k stam, but instantly breaks after u hit an enemy. nice one.

Than maybe, just maybe... Instead of complaining, we could ask ZOS to lower the cost?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RETREATING MANEUVER

RETREATING MANEUVER - THE SKILL WHOS GONNA COST 7-8k stam, but instantly breaks after u hit an enemy. nice one.

Than maybe, just maybe... Instead of complaining, we could ask ZOS to lower the cost?

If its going to cost 4k stamina and removes snares, im up for it.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RETREATING MANEUVER

The problem snares in this game are just broken and really everything will snare you. You see a dk or templer you know that that you will be snared just by looking at them and really alot of other skills have also extrem strong snares(low lash 60%, nb gap closer ...). Basically you will always be snared. And the worst thing is snares stack so you really can not move at all.

RETREATING MANEUVER is a great skill but it is not meant for solo play. It is for group play and is because of that so expensive and even if it would be cheaper it would be useless for solo since you will lose the snare immunity as soon as you cast something and since everything snares you will be again snared.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    RETREATING MANEUVER

The problem snares in this game are just broken and really everything will snare you. You see a dk or templer you know that that you will be snared just by looking at them and really alot of other skills have also extrem strong snares(low lash 60%, nb gap closer ...). Basically you will always be snared. And the worst thing is snares stack so you really can not move at all.

RETREATING MANEUVER is a great skill but it is not meant for solo play. It is for group play and is because of that so expensive and even if it would be cheaper it would be useless for solo since you will lose the snare immunity as soon as you cast something and since everything snares you will be again snared.

I was thinking to drop rally for forward momentum, and maybe try healing with DB since i got a nice mag pull...
    So far been trying to duel without shuffle, did good till i fought some snare spamming build and it was game over > slotted shuffle, and they died pretty fast.

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RETREATING MANEUVER

I agree that it is a group skill indeed. And also on the fact that snares are off the charts these days.

So maybe a base cost of 6000 and removal of the attack penalty?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RETREATING MANEUVER

I agree that it is a group skill indeed. And also on the fact that snares are off the charts these days.

So maybe a base cost of 6000 and removal of the attack penalty?

Honestly, no heavy armor build can afford using 6k stamina cost everytime snared is applied.
    ZOS gotta give a proper counter to it, cuz that will just make some builds way more op.
    What u gonna do vs magDK?

U cant deal with it in medium, the dots are too much of a pressure.
    The lockdown skills, talons, petrify, you cant roll dodge that much in heavy armor.
    Edited by amir412 on October 1, 2017 12:52PM

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This change stops heavy armor build or magicka build stop using elude.

Indeed useful for pvp!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on October 2, 2017 11:19AM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also "Efficient Purge" which cost around 4k magicka that purges snares unless you really wanted the 15% dodge chance.
    NA/PC
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a very good magpool maybe you can use mist from, it's remove all snare and make you able to retreat/reposition, while taking a constitution tick in the duration. Dunno if it's a good idea.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    There's also "Efficient Purge" which cost around 4k magicka that purges snares unless you really wanted the 15% dodge chance.

"Cleanse yourself and nearby allies, removing 2 negative effects and reducing the duration by 50% for 6 seconds."

How big is your mag pool as an ordinary stam user? 9k? 12k with specific set/ race combinations?

How reliable is "removing 2 negative effects" for removing snares especially when half a dozend debuffs/dots etc. are on you? You would probably have to cast it several times, emptying your mag pool (you often need for buffs on you or other utility) and waste a couple of GCD.

You can literally be spammend with negative status effects, thus making it impossible to "sustain" this cleanse on a stam toon.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 1, 2017 1:09PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, best solution would just be to remove stacking of snares in PVP then.

But that would make almost all skills useless in group play.
    Edited by The Uninvited on October 1, 2017 1:13PM

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Nobody used it for dodge chance. Most people in heavy want to get hit for wrath and constitution passives, as well as things like fury and 7th legion.

People use it for snare removal - because every skill in this game is a snare these days.

Blur is irrelevant really. Most stamblades are in medium as it is.

Come meet my stamina nb in heavy with blur... i'm sure u'll regret.

I use blur too, mirage specifically. Forward momentum instead of rally as well. Shuffle is to expensive IMHO. But I'm in medium armor not heavy. What heavy set are you using for your NB?

On topic.....I've said for the longest time 5 or more pieces to use each armor skill lines specific skill. NB has Blur, but every class has SOME type of skill someone at some point will call OP. However, in the 3 years I've played this game I've never heard anyone say Blur was OP, that being said it will be fine. NB in heavy won't suddenly become god mode.

Maybe you haven't heard complains about Blur because Shuffle is simply better?

that statement is rediculous in itself and I won't even entertain it as I could go on and on how about it.

Drakk, I understand what you're saying but in the end, like every other skill in the game it will make people choose and readjust. I don't think people who rely heavily on rally will give it up for forward momentum. People are just going to cry because their heavy armor meta build has carried them for the last several months. They had damage, sustain, protection, and mobility without having to sacrifice anything else. While medium has what? The same but not as good even though the armor arch type dictates it should be better at some of those things? Take a look at the forums and the dozens of threads about the weakness of medium armor and how strong and overpowered heavy is for the majority of classes. You shouldn't be able to have the best of all worlds. Even if I don't agree with all those threads and what they say, perception is reality. A better balance is needed.

@Xsorus, I'm sure during your larping sessions you're fine rolling around in "heavy armor". But from my experience wearing a full kit and battle rattle that weighs less than actual "heavy armor" I assure you no one is dodge rolling around. That is possibly the most rediculous comments I've ever read on this forum. Save your BS for the movies and video games. And stop crutching on heavy armor and maybe you wouldn't mind the change so much. Yes it is from a balance stand point btw.

And whoever said if non NB heavy Armor users can't use shuffle NB can't use blur....okay, cool story bro, can NB haz healz then? Even as crappy as DK's heal has become I see that spammed all the time and it still works better than zero heals.

Who said anything about dodge rolling around you twit? Do you Dodge Roll around with Elude? No? Then maybe before you run that mouth of yours you actually read for once.

Also did you really just harp on me for crutching on heavy armor? You might want to go read through my post history and see what setups i'm running lately....

I swear....Some of you posters just boggle my mind...Like did they not ban Lead from paint where you lived at when you were young?

No he’s right you said it right here.
    Ok, whoever says Heavy armor shouldn't be able to Evade via Elude because Heavy armor isn't meant to be mobile is downright moronic.

Heavy Armor isn't as mobile even with Elude compared to Medium Armor, because a passive dodge chance doesn't equal mobility.

You can also Dodge attacks in full plate in real life...Its not as cumbersome as you think.

If you want to argue it towards a balance point that's fine, But don't just say silly crap like "Heavy armor isn't suppose to mobile"

Also just wanted to add, Last I checked, you can Bolt Escape and Rapid Maneuvers in Heavy armor... so yea...

It’s at the top of page 3 you also edited it so who’s to say what was there.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did my cowards gear stamplar just become the most mobile heavy armour class?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Did my cowards gear stamplar just become the most mobile heavy armour class?

No, that would be warden with Ranger's Gait
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So on every post about Medium Armor as so point it’s posted four to five times per page that only Nightblades wear medium cause we have cloak. Yet this change will somehow make us all run to Heavy? Okay.

Basic Nightblade for you our passives and Powers are suited to fight and live same as every other class. We don’t have as much defense. Cloak is a defensive/offensive escape.

Dragon Knights can still go DoR crazy it Heavy, can still block 10% more damage then everyone else. While being able to recover mass resources from Battle Roar.

Templars can still heal and buff while debuffing in heavy.

Sorcerers can still Ward, Crit Surge, Bolt, and use pets who’s damage is independent if the casters DPS output.

Warden can still fire out attacks that medium armor has no defense to powers that can only be block. While healing buff themselves and everyone near them.

So yes Nightblades will have 15% dodge chance in heavy. Nightblades also used medium when magic was king and now when light and heavy is far better. So I think most Nightblades will stay in medium. For 3 1/2 years we have overwhelmingly picked medium no matter how good it was so yea...
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody used it for dodge chance. Most people in heavy want to get hit for wrath and constitution passives, as well as things like fury and 7th legion.

People use it for snare removal - because every skill in this game is a snare these days.

I use blur too, mirage specifically. Forward momentum instead of rally as well. Shuffle is to expensive IMHO. But I'm in medium armor not heavy. What heavy set are you using for your NB?

On topic.....I've said for the longest time 5 or more pieces to use each armor skill lines specific skill. NB has Blur, but every class has SOME type of skill someone at some point will call OP. However, in the 3 years I've played this game I've never heard anyone say Blur was OP, that being said it will be fine. NB in heavy won't suddenly become god mode.

that statement is rediculous in itself and I won't even entertain it as I could go on and on how about it.

Drakk, I understand what you're saying but in the end, like every other skill in the game it will make people choose and readjust. I don't think people who rely heavily on rally will give it up for forward momentum. People are just going to cry because their heavy armor meta build has carried them for the last several months. They had damage, sustain, protection, and mobility without having to sacrifice anything else. While medium has what? The same but not as good even though the armor arch type dictates it should be better at some of those things? Take a look at the forums and the dozens of threads about the weakness of medium armor and how strong and overpowered heavy is for the majority of classes. You shouldn't be able to have the best of all worlds. Even if I don't agree with all those threads and what they say, perception is reality. A better balance is needed.

@Xsorus, I'm sure during your larping sessions you're fine rolling around in "heavy armor". But from my experience wearing a full kit and battle rattle that weighs less than actual "heavy armor" I assure you no one is dodge rolling around. That is possibly the most rediculous comments I've ever read on this forum. Save your BS for the movies and video games. And stop crutching on heavy armor and maybe you wouldn't mind the change so much. Yes it is from a balance stand point btw.

And whoever said if non NB heavy Armor users can't use shuffle NB can't use blur....okay, cool story bro, can NB haz healz then? Even as crappy as DK's heal has become I see that spammed all the time and it still works better than zero heals.

Who said anything about dodge rolling around you twit? Do you Dodge Roll around with Elude? No? Then maybe before you run that mouth of yours you actually read for once.

Also did you really just harp on me for crutching on heavy armor? You might want to go read through my post history and see what setups i'm running lately....

I swear....Some of you posters just boggle my mind...Like did they not ban Lead from paint where you lived at when you were young?
    Was my sarcasm over your head buddy?

Who said anything about dodge rolling around? Do you read your own posts or do you just have word vomit issues?

"You can also dodge with heavy armor in real life. It's not as cumbersome as you think"

So did someone steal your account to write this?

MY comment was based upon how dumb of a statement this was. Comparing real life to a game? Not only that but this specifically? You're laughable.

Would you like me to quote all your silly posts and put the parts in bold for you? I think lead paint would be an upgrade from whatever it is your smoking.
    Edited by deepseamk20b14_ESO on October 1, 2017 2:29PM
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Very good change. Blur is their class skill, they can use it 24/7 same as Sorc can use his ward with heavy, DK his reflective scales, Templar blazing shield and so on....

If you implying that NB must have their Blur nerfed that means all of the above must be nerfed.

If you are still serious about it then
    it's best to fully remove all the skills that have even slight difference between classes and then you will play sword against sword. Something tells me you will still find a reason to make a thread that it is unfair, OP, broken etc

THIS! Agree 100%. So tired of everyone crying nerf this nerf that...it isn't fair. Blah blah blah.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God forbid zenimax attempt to force the armors into their intended defensive mechanics.

Now heres to heavy armor skill getting some kind of reasonable buff. Immovable is great but lets give it a second effect or make immovable last longer? Maybe a magicka morph since heavy armor is both magick and stamina armor.

Also, you want to use shuffle? Great now you can, put on medium armor with it. You want to have more passive mitigation while playing or you want to be a glass cannon? Build for it. There are plenty sets you can wear that give passive mitigation. Think outside the box. Medium armor is not bad when defensive medium set is used. No different than a no shield using light armor build is...when you build passive mitigation into your build...
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd actually like retreating maneuvers to be changed back to how it used to work (does not remove itself when healing or shielding ally's, but is still removed when attacking an enemy) and instead, have it capped at a maximum of 6 targets.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    Well imo ZOS as usual took the easy route. Not reworking medium to make it viable but to slap on 5/5 armor requirement for shuffle etc and call it a buff lol. This still doesn't do anything for medium armor imo because you will still be able to get melted by a frag or soul assault easily. These sort of blanket fixes never solve the real issues and people who think its a great change probably don't have a clue why shuffle is used in pvp and just think about unbalanced heavy armor from a 1v1 scenario which is irrelevant because most things are unbalanced in 1v1. If anything if this change goes through snares need to get a substantial nerf/rework and maybe a rework to the heavy armor skill immovable which is garbage at its current state.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wrobel don’t give in too the crybabies, they can’t run heavy anymore and are just throwing a tantrum. Apparently Pc EU is filled with god tier pvp players that know everything about everything even though everyone and their mom knows that aint even remotely true.
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    @Wrobel don’t give in too the crybabies, they can’t run heavy anymore and are just throwing a tantrum. Apparently Pc EU is filled with god tier pvp players that know everything about everything even though everyone and their mom knows that aint even remotely true.

Why are you crying about people crying? lol
    Edited by Victimize on October 1, 2017 4:13PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium isn't really that bad unless you are dueling. For open world medium armor allows you to have more control over the fight than heavy. You can get to any spot you want to in medium armor, it also has the highest burst damage in the game. It does have some major weaknesses though in large scale group play you can not survive in medium because it lacks the defensive ability to withstand multiple ultimates, and there are quite a few undodgeable spammable abilities, mainly birds from wardens. As long as you control the fight and dont try to brawl in medium armor you will do well though meaning it's balanced. The problem is heavy is too strong. If toy can get good mobility and good survivability in heavy what's the point of trying medium
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Victimize wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »

Why are you crying about people crying? lol

No crying here, just stating literal fact so wrobel doesn’t ruin what would be a good change. L2comprehend
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Medium isn't really that bad unless you are dueling. For open world medium armor allows you to have more control over the fight than heavy. You can get to any spot you want to in medium armor, it also has the highest burst damage in the game. It does have some major weaknesses though in large scale group play you can not survive in medium because it lacks the defensive ability to withstand multiple ultimates, and there are quite a few undodgeable spammable abilities, mainly birds from wardens. As long as you control the fight and dont try to brawl in medium armor you will do well though meaning it's balanced. The problem is heavy is too strong. If toy can get good mobility and good survivability in heavy what's the point of trying medium

This is how I think it should be too, but sadly it isn't. Fury + Ravager will grant you far, far more weapon damage than any medium set combo.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is how I think it should be too, but sadly it isn't. Fury + Ravager will grant you far, far more weapon damage than any medium set combo.

Far too many people fail to realize how little he medium WD passive is. Too many people assume that the agility boost is some 400-600 wep damage buff when most people barely get 300 from it.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 1, 2017 5:16PM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if shuffle major evasion passive applies to birds and maybe beam ticks. Or you don't get the FULL damage by dodgerolling. That will help medium armor play alot. I prefer this play style best but I don't always want to hump a rock or run around a tree to los. It's cheesy but what else can u do without artificial health from shields and so many undodgeable abilities. It's still decent in groups with healers.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    There's a difference between being casual and being biased. I know that you play stamina DK exclusively(Before you went back to mDK, probably as a silent protest but it's hilarious either way).
    It's just bias all the way - and if you were able to see things from a neutral perspective, you would see that this change makes 100% sense.

for jesus christ ..have you undestand then the problem isn't "the miss the dodge bonus 15% " but remove snares ?

For you remove snare is OP ? was a change to do ?

Needed to " balance " heavy armour , YES ,but need "to make it appetizing " the medium armour with a decent RE-style ...
    no force people to play the medium with a weird balance

it is not difficult to understand, but for those who like you in 90% of the time use only char magicka...it's a victory

Just make a few small changes to the medium armour ...boh for example ; increase Chase's values ​​on the STEED Tree and remove bonus for see stealth people with something useful
    RETREATING MANEUVER

you Work at ZOS ? as we did not think about it!!
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on October 1, 2017 7:15PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No he’s right you said it right here.
    Ok, whoever says Heavy armor shouldn't be able to Evade via Elude because Heavy armor isn't meant to be mobile is downright moronic.

Heavy Armor isn't as mobile even with Elude compared to Medium Armor, because a passive dodge chance doesn't equal mobility.

You can also Dodge attacks in full plate in real life...Its not as cumbersome as you think.

If you want to argue it towards a balance point that's fine, But don't just say silly crap like "Heavy armor isn't suppose to mobile"

Also just wanted to add, Last I checked, you can Bolt Escape and Rapid Maneuvers in Heavy armor... so yea...

It’s at the top of page 3 you also edited it so who’s to say what was there.

Point it out, Point out in that post where I said anything about Dodge Rolling with Plate Armor....

Also I edited that post at 3:30pm that day, well before he posted his crap, and I can tell you exactly what I said..Because I specifically pointed it out when i edited it. Here i'll bold it for ya

Want to continue to look like a fool mate?