Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crystal Frags nerf?! No stun

xiZeroPointix
xiZeroPointix
✭✭✭
Wrobel announced that the stun is going to be removed from frags and will be given to the crystal blast morph. He stated you will be able to choose between more burst damage or an aoe cc. Need clarification. Doe it mean each shard of the blast can stun? Will frags recieve a damage buff in place of the stun removal?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Crystal Fragments lost its CC.
    - Crystal Blast is the same as always (AoE Damage, single target CC)

rip
    Edited by Vaoh on September 30, 2017 12:56AM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that the base skill will also lose CC. Sorry to nerf you, all you new learning "OP" sorcs...
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m cool with is I have a Stam and Mage Sorc. Having to pick power or CC is not a nerf that’s a great balance move just like Wrecking Blow and Dizzying Swing. You could choose power or CC.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    - Crystal Fragments lost its CC.
    - Crystal Blast is the same as always (AoE Damage, single target CC)

rip

What wut? Where is this stuff?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m cool with is I have a Stam and Mage Sorc. Having to pick power or CC is not a nerf that’s a great balance move just like Wrecking Blow and Dizzying Swing. You could choose power or CC.

No its not, its a terrible change.

comparing it to Dizzy Swing and Wrecking Blow isn't even in the same ballpark.

Uppercut and its morphs are uninterruptible(which was a stupid change back in 1.6 that i protested greatly),.Crystal Blast can be bashed or Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow spammed and shut down. Its not even close to the same thing...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean it would be a fair choice if the instant cast was present on both morphs. But its not.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Guys i inderstand the skill..but the specifics are unclear. Is frags getting a damage buff due to loosing its cc and does the each of the aoe shards from blast able to stun multiple targets? Maybe reduce the cast time of blast a little would help.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually quite good for endgame pve. Some sorcs just love to throw their shards at distant enemies and annoy their tanks who were trying to chain them in.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least now all the sorcs will stop CCing the adds on the Twins in Maw, unless they forget to redirect the scamps to the bosses..... :angry:
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a nerf; but honestly...It was needed..it could be come an instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game.

Though Crystal Blast is still ***....That ability just needs a rework
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys i inderstand the skill..but the specifics are unclear. Is frags getting a damage buff due to loosing its cc and does the each of the aoe shards from blast able to stun multiple targets? Maybe reduce the cast time of blast a little would help.

Nah Frags remains as it is now except it loses the CC. Blast stays the same.

#BothMorphsInstantCastIsTheAnswer
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel
    2:24PM
    Staff Post
    We’d like to touch on a couple things we’re looking to iterate on for this class. First, some of you have mentioned that the Summon Charged Atronach AoE can occasionally miss targets that are right next to it. To address this, we plan to change the AoE pattern to a single circle instead of 5 small circles. We’ve also seen reports of an issue with Overload where the bound armor can persist even when it’s not on your bar; we’re investigating this issue.

Lastly, we’ve seen some of you mention that the new Rune Prison is quite powerful in PVP - we’re looking at adjusting the cost to help counter this. In addition, we’ve been evaluating the Crystal Shard skill line and its morphs and are planning to make some adjustments. The base stun component is going to be removed from the ability and instead placed on the Crystal Blast morph. This will make the choice between Crystal Fragments and Crystal Blast much more interesting as you are choosing between a CC and AoE damage vs. increased burst damage.

Thanks for taking the time to hop on the PTS and test out the changes so far!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ;/
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent change, now sorcs will be even more powerful in pvp, able to time burst and full range unblockable stun independently and at the appropriate time without wasting one or the other...
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Its a nerf; but honestly...It was needed..it could be come an instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game.

"instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities"...and also the most telegraphed, counterable, avoidable and RNG dependent CC "in the game". I'm sure that part just slipped your mind?

The whole idea that Frags "needed" to be nerfed is a false narrative to begin with.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep

Nerf = false narrative
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did he say this? I just watched their live stream and didn't see anything
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    Where did he say this? I just watched their live stream and didn't see anything
    He posted it in the sorc feedback thread
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭

Uppercut and its morphs are uninterruptible(which was a stupid change back in 1.6 that i protested greatly),.Crystal Blast can be bashed or Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow spammed and shut down. Its not even close to the same thing...

If you're hard casting frags, you deserve to be interrupted and die.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, where is this blatant sorc love people claimed of?
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First they are the same. You can interrupt with Venom Arrow but what Archer build runs Venom over Poison Injection? You can’t do without that execute damage bow is weak as is. Crushing Shock would be a valid point if you couldn’t instant cast Frags on a proc and it’s max range so you are not in bash range most times.
    Maikon wrote: »

If you're hard casting frags, you deserve to be interrupted and die.

This all of this you can cast at range cheaper and with more damage why hard cast.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About damn time .
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course he announced that, i mean even wrobel couldnt miss the 8387 posts "OMG NERF SORCS" tear fests.

He'll screw it up somehow but sorc will be nerfed, there will be enough tweeks where you will have to redo your build... on and on, this is ESO. LOL
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least now all the sorcs will stop CCing the adds on the Twins in Maw, unless they forget to redirect the scamps to the bosses..... :angry:

I was thinking about this as well xD
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very much doubt it'll stop Sorc qq.

Meanwhile Stam NB likely just became the #1 PvP Stamina build. You need 5-pieces of armor to use armor skills now. Only Stam NB can have Heavy Armor and Major Evasion next patch.
  • necronyteub17_ESO
    necronyteub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is plain stupid . Zos Keeps listening to these cry babies and ruining the game for people. If they only nerf and dont give anything back to the sorcs in the same stroke , then im shelving this game.

Getting sick of this crap and their idea of fix's. PLENTY more skills from other classes that are WAY more OP then this and they dont do shiat about it . Screw this game
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

"instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities"...and also the most telegraphed, counterable, avoidable and RNG dependent CC "in the game". I'm sure that part just slipped your mind?

The whole idea that Frags "needed" to be nerfed is a false narrative to begin with.

Rofl, I play a sorc mate...You're not going to sway me with that ***... The most telegraphed move in the game? Please son... Unless you're a good range away from the Sorc when he cast it you're going to take that Frag to the face most of the time. Range Dependent CC is also a load of crap as well...It procs constantly... enough that you will get it every 8 seconds with the CC immunity.

In all honesty...This is a damn buff in my opinion for the Sorc; You're losing the random CC nature of it but gaining the ability to setup a guaranteed burst combo that screws most of the people in this game over.

No more holding back that crystal frag to line up the CC. Now you just to machine gun that crap out over and over again and every 8 seconds unload a massive burst on someone that's unavoidable.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rofl, I play a sorc mate...You're not going to sway me with that ***... The most telegraphed move in the game? Please son... Unless you're a good range away from the Sorc when he cast it you're going to take that Frag to the face most of the time. Range Dependent CC is also a load of crap as well...It procs constantly... enough that you will get it every 8 seconds with the CC immunity.

In all honesty...This is a damn buff in my opinion for the Sorc; You're losing the random CC nature of it but gaining the ability to setup a guaranteed burst combo that screws most of the people in this game over.

No more holding back that crystal frag to line up the CC. Now you just to machine gun that crap out over and over again and every 8 seconds unload a massive burst on someone that's unavoidable.

I can agree with the change. I think it's laughable though if people start saying this is a Sorc buff just to keep the trend going :lol:
    Edited by Vaoh on September 30, 2017 5:17AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I can agree with the change. I think it's laughable though if people start saying this is a Sorc buff just to keep the trend going :lol:

See the way i look at it; I'm throwing out Crystal Frags on players right now, they end up getting CCed by the random crystal frags and then I don't have the CC when I need to line up the burst. Now I can hold back on my CF to line up the burst but now after the change i'll no longer have to worry about giving CC immunity to the target when I don't want.

Granted this change is a kick in the nuts to random zerging Sorc *** who just like to Waylay solo players..So I can see why they would ***.... But they gain Runic which is going to be silly.....Throw in that stupid staff coming and Sorcs bout to get a power bump...
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya, only that you are losing a skill slot for it, and on half of fights or more, i'll be able to cc break and dodge before the frag lands cause you are too far away. Terrible change, really.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.