Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

Shadzilla
Shadzilla
✭✭✭✭✭
With the new transmutation system coming, I also smell a potential gear cap increase coming for the near future. Being able to re trait gear will make the new grind much easier than the old one. Might not be this year, but most certainly 2018... We have been rocking CP 160 gear for a very long time now, do you want to see the cap increased? Elaborate.
Edited by Shadzilla on September 10, 2017 4:26AM

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It? 1114 votes

Yes, increase the gear cap!
14%
WatchYourSixxAcrolasdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOotis67itsfatbassDarcyMardinmissjackieb14_ESORudyardTaonnorgresiacKhenarthitimb16_ESO85KanedaSyndromeKyomaKnootewootstatic_rechargeNebthet78KiramekuAgallochleandro.800ub17_ESO 156 votes
No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
79%
NestorlaurajfSirAndySoleyadriosketchMorbashflintstoneakredon_ESOSaladinCasterialCavalryPKthesilverball_ESOSorianaSolarikennexxus_ESOwayfarerxBKTHNDRKikazaruGilvothvailjohn_ESO 891 votes
Other, explain.
6%
Imrylljosh.lackey_ESOArtisYolokin_SwagonbornNewBlacksmurfMercyKillingAzuryaIruil_ESOGrim13StannumSordidfairytaleMilvanBRogueNZSirCriticalSleepkojouWifeaggro13xSkullfoxCouslySpacemonkey 67 votes
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    If we remain with the level system we have now, I don't see that adding a higher cap does anything positive. They increase the cap, everyone has to grind out new gear (which is bound to annoy a lot of people). But we don't actually get stronger do we? The way it all works now, the content adjusts to our level doesn't it? So its not like we get an extra 20 levels and become more powerful or anything.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Why not?
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for more skill points when the gear cap increases, like lvl70cp690, 6 more skill points at least.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hundreds of thousands of gold down the drain lmao no thanks
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for it as long as this time they up the current max tier to the upgraded max tier instead of leaving them behind.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for more skill points when the gear cap increases, like lvl70cp690, 6 more skill points at least.

Like we ain't got more sp than we need already. Except if one want to put 1 point in to every possible skill and morph.

aint-nobody-got-time-fo-dat4.jpg
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    Why not?

Because then every player with CP160 gear would need to recraft all their gear (very expensive) or grind their gear all over again (an exuberant amount of time). At minimal, we'd need to grind out jewelry again.

If the increase the CP limit, then it better come with a very attractive content update - Increasing CP limit would likely be a nail in the coffin for most players, so new content would have to be a very good incentive to keep them around.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like gear cap to be at a nice round number... 200 maybe? Or just do away with it completely, so that max gear is just "level 50".

ZOS said something before about alleviating the grind or safeguarding hard-grinded gear before raising the cap (I can't remember).
    PC-EU
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone loves more damage and stronger gear, but in this case that simply is not true.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    If they raise the gear cap, they'll probably add a new type of crafting material. If it costs 150 units to make something at cp160, I can't imagine what it'll cost to make something cp180 (or whatever it is). I shudder to remember Imperial City launch, and the new materials that came with it. They were far harder to come by than they are now, and so many were needed to make anything. It's something ZOS has done before, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no reason what so every to change it. It would mean nothing, change nothing, other than make us regrind EVERYTHING. This would be the absolute worst idea ever for ESO and I expect hundreds if not more would quite after a change like that.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Only if they give us a way to increase our gear from 160 to whanever, without having to discard the current gear.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players speculate about a great man things. Even if it comes to fruition does not mean they were right.

Clearly in the case of gear CP level increase it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out it is likely coming at some point. Zos has already stated as much just a few months ago, but did not enlighten us as to when.

The main issue is Zos increases the cap for the hell of it. No rhyme or reason, they just feel like it. LOL, with SO release they increased the level cap to v14 and said that it was needed for the new content, LMAO. Zos has vision, remember that.

In the end a thread of this subject is just silly. The poll is even sillier.
    Edited by idk on September 10, 2017 6:47AM
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't want to have to reaquire everything, adding new sets is better
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players speculate about a great man things. Even if it comes to fruition does not mean they were right.

Clearly in the case of gear CP level increase it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out it is likely coming at some point. Zos has already stated as much just a few months ago, but did not enlighten us as to when.

The main issue is Zos increases the cap for the hell of it. No rhyme or reason, they just feel like it. LOL, with SO release they increased the level cap to v14 and said that it was needed for the new content, LMAO. Zos has vision, remember that.

In the end a thread of this subject is just silly. The poll is even sillier.

1b4.png

LET ME BE SILLY!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I'm good whatever decision they will make for that.
    It will happen eventually.

Watching people rage for whatever reason because that would be fun.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    That depends:
    If it just means, that i have to grind a ton of new mats, to craft a higher level version of my current gear, and than i have to rerun all the stuff i ran before, to get higher level version of e.g. the monstersets im currently using.....that would be bullcrap.

If it is within a DLC like OT, which gives a ton of new sets, which replace the current sets, than fine by me.
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think that ZoS will ever increase the CP gear cap, not unless they remove the scaling brought with one tamriel.

Increasing the level/gear cap would have made sense with how things were before 1T, when there was no scaling and you could ''outlevel'' zones and stuff(stupid design imo,glad that they changed it), but now that every zone and enemy is cp160 and your character is just scaled up if low level it would make no sense to do it.

Whatever increase in stats that you would get with gear being cp 180,200,220, etc would just be nullified when enemies also scale higher and have more hp,resistances, do more damage, etc to counter it. Since 1T is probably the best update that the game has to date, the only reason to increase the gear cap would be to *** people off and make them farm the exact same stuff they had before so they can have those ''increased stats'' that would mean nothing because enemies are also scaling up. Probably will never happen unless that ZoS wants to loose players/money or something.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if I want it or not. It can't happen due to how scaling works in One Tamriel.

They'd need to abandon One Tamriel in order to raise the gear cap. Considering rhat their player base tripled after OT launched, I don't think they're eager to scrap it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 10, 2017 8:34AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's actually impossible to raise the gear cap in One Tamriel. The new gear cap would be statistically identical to the old gear cap.

The only way they could raise the cap is if the next zone they released was a CP 200 (or whatever the new cap would be) zone, while the rest of the game was still CP 160. But they won't do that due to how successful OT has been.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 10, 2017 8:40AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need an excuse to throw out all the junk i've been hoarding that "might be useful one day" - but never did :smirk:
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bd33f72d0a7c7cd5f136c26bbabd4fb9326305dc3252c462c6141bb08b81e5d9.jpg
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    thats the way how mmo's work
    Edited by gresiac on September 10, 2017 8:59AM
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONE TAMRIEL.

What is the logic of "CP Gear Cap" after One Tamriel?

All the enemies are on my level. All loots will be my level.

Stop talking about it!

If they want to make me stronger, other than through Champion Point, they will only create a new armor level above the Legendary. White > Green > Blue > Purple > Yellow > ?????? This is the CP Gear Cap!

Again:

ONE TAMRIEL.

Again:

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Only and only if they allow to change CP on gear that is already 160, let's say with the transmut system.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop it with the stupid vertical progression - the game already has way too much grind as it is - especially with the constant patches and changes to mechanics - i MUCH rather have:

- more horizontal progression - aka sets/skill lines/classes etc.
    - more content - aka stories / quests / areas and non questing-repatable-content

if this game becomes any more grindy im out and go back to gw2 when the next update releases
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gresiac wrote: »
    thats the way how mmo's work

no its not - vertical progression is the way bad mmos work from uncreative designers that cant figure out other ways to make a good game - its basically the VAT verison of mmo's... politicians also only manage to come up with VAT increases cause they have no other ideas

vertical progression is what has ruined pretty much any big mmo imo - be creative with horizontal progression which is way more rewarding to players
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I need new gear or want to try something different is one thing, but to grind out a whole new set, is just time being spent. When a game becomes a chore, why play.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they did it, this would be my last day in ESO. I've already lost a lot of friends who left the game due to unbelievable grind and screwed rng.