The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    I would be ok with it as long as they make it possible to upgrade our existing armour, for a ridonkules amount of gold tempers maybe? Lets say 20 per level? There is so much gold tempers that are just sitting in peoples bank that eventually it will get worthless and only worth something when they release new sets...
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I just want the better Stats that come with it.

Would a new material level be required? Can we get better returns based on quality for deconning my old gear?
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I Wouldn't be against it but i Wouldn't care for it
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I would prefer them to remove gear levels completely, or put the cap at lvl 50.

Assuming they don't do that and depending on how easy it is to get the items needed for retraiting... I would expect a gear change sometime next year.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    That would be the end of the game for me. There is a reason I don't play WoW or similar games.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only of my current gear is also raised. I'm not getting new gear once more.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. People already complain about the game being too easy.

You could accomplish what you are going for by simply adding another level of "Quality" above Gold. Taking this approach would add the grind and power you are going for without people having to regrind for gear.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game isn't really designed for vertical gear progression at this point. The vertical aspect was replaced with the champion system, and the remaining gear based progression was effectively removed by universal level scaling of dropped sets. A level increase wouldn't entail progression in the current system, but rather would force all players to re-grind the same gear for no reason.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hundreds of thousands of gold down the drain lmao no thanks

This 100%
    The game is crappy on the amount of gold it hands out for doing anything. And i freaking don't want to farm for more gold in this game anymore. I think some players would quit over this. Just imagine having to re gear more than one character.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the big factors making ESO superior to other MMOs in my opinion is that they don't increase level caps for gear all the time. This was one of the big factors for me to stop WoW and play ESO instead, so I would probably stop playing if they would change that.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Evergnar wrote: »
    No but it is coming. With the announcement of transmog I would guess soon after that.

Proof?
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Weapon dyeing seems to be completely impossible, would dearly love to see a new crafting material, just to get rid of the red everything. I understand folks who only wear dropped gear being apprehensive, but for crafters, the expense is not insurmountable. Hopefully if and when they increase the gear cap, there will be a way to "augment" your current gear from CP160 to CP300, or whatever number they choose, to alleviate the grind.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    So basically there's absolutely no reason for a gear cap increase and people who are saying there will be are stating based on absolutely nothing.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others have stated a very good fact as to why the game should stay on CP160 instead of beyond it and that fact is due to One Tamriel.

If anyone can provide me any reasonable answer as to why it should be increased (with One Tamriel in mind) then I may reconsider your choice. It is a completely idiotic move if ZoS even consider on increasing the CP cap because let's face it, enemy NPCs are scaled to your level and that is enough of a consideration to halt CP cap at 160.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not at all
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Yes but only if all my current CP160 gear is automatically raised to the cap. If not, then no.

Edited by Leogon on September 10, 2017 8:16PM
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    No will unsub and quit playing tbh QQ
    Edited by Tormy on September 10, 2017 8:16PM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be done playing if this happened. I have 10 toons. It's one thing to farm a new set to try out, its another to have to re do everything to get back what I already worked for. I've finally gotten to the point where I can play end game content and I am NOT giving that up.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I think as soon as they made total level scaling in ESO the (CP) levels of gear are sensless. They should completely remove them. But here is some problem with craft skills revamp.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't hit me that hard as I only gold out my weapons as a rule, but I'm happy that I'm at a point at which I can run the dungeons I actually want to run because I enjoy them. I don't wanna start over with the dungeon chore again.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    cap item level at 50
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe just for crafted sets, as a way to bring them back in the fold. Beyond 1 or 2 they are pretty forgotten.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

If i have to grind out my gear again it will be the end of ESO for me.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Shadzilla wrote: »

this will end like in WoW, in time to come they will have to delete the whole CP system, cauze where to go with players having more and more points then they are able to set?
    And so will the gearcap be removed, but what comes afterwards? wait and see.
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    "Other"
    I can explain that it means something different to the first two options.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    For Longevity of the game, They need to increase the CP cap on gear.

For Longevity of the game, They need to allow us to use materials to upgrade our gear to increase it from 160 to the new max without forcing people to regrind for it.

These 2 must go hand in hand.
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think it would be a great idea!...
    If Zos added a way to re-level gear. A crafting temper way to do it would promote longevity of armor for low levels to keep their set gear around they find as they level, so their is a perk slapped on...
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are on to something and I thought the same thing...

This Transmutation system is probably a preparation for either a gear cap increase or adding a 10th trait.

I don't think it is a matter of IF, but WHEN.

They said already they will increase cap eventually. And I think with Transmutation it will come sooner rather than later.

It is no coincidence this system is implemented BEFORE the next Chapter... Maybe we will have Jewelry crafting or new Weapon skill lines and that will enable a overhaul of current systems and a gear cap increase.

Also, don't forget we only got Weapon traits revamped in Horns... Maybe devs still want to rebalance Armor traits too to make Divines less than the clear winner for DPS, for example.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Can I catch up first!
    :P
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr