The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    If they increase the gear cap, they increase it.

Oh know! I will have another excuse to play the game I really like to play... Terrible news!
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    Oh hell no. This is totally pointless in ESO's sandbox-ish design, mobs don't even have levels now.

Raising CP gear cap would only mean a virtual increase of power that could also be done via the CP base stats, insert more crafing materials and a huge base of angry players that would have lost all their hard earned gear.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Longevity of the game does not increase by forcing people to grind for the same gear or upgrade materials, it increases by making new content and also revamping/fixing old content. If they did the former it would kill the game in a few weeks, with no way to recover.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH they are doing a pretty good job forcing/incentivizing regearing most patches already. I don't see any call for an arbitrary increase to force it.

I'd rather they finally reduce the cost of CP160 gear back down into the standard system (costing 1 more mat piece than cp150, rather than 10x).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    I just want to witness the *** storm.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    hundreds of thousands of gold down the drain lmao no thanks

count me out of this game forever if this happens, the constant nerf's are more than killing from the constant regrinding.

NO NO and MO NO
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I would rather they just did away with gear tied to CP 10-160... Make us all level 50 + CP <whatever CP you are>. Once you get to CP 160 you never need gear that is lower ranked again anyway, because as soon as your next character gets to level 50 they advance to CP 160.

The problem with this type of change though is there would be a lot of other things that are level based that would have to change with it... Obviously it was a pretty complicated change already to make "One Tamriel", so having CP work as a place holder instead of Veteran Ranks was the easiest solution at the time.

Hopefully they will start phasing out CP level (the Veteran Rank placeholder) oriented features instead of piling on more levels... at least that is the direction I would like the game to take.

Playing since beta...
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather they just did away with gear tied to CP 10-160... Make us all level 50 + CP <whatever CP you are>. Once you get to CP 160 you never need gear that is lower ranked again anyway, because as soon as your next character gets to level 50 they advance to CP 160.

The problem with this type of change though is there would be a lot of other things that are level based that would have to change with it... Obviously it was a pretty complicated change already to make "One Tamriel", so having CP work as a place holder instead of Veteran Ranks was the easiest solution at the time.

Hopefully they will start phasing out CP level (the Veteran Rank placeholder) oriented features instead of piling on more levels... at least that is the direction I would like the game to take.

That is actually not a bad concept...

CP 10-150 is actually a huge BLACK HOLE in this game... Getting recipes, mats or anything scaled for those leves is a huge pain. I still can't find some purple recipes.

Mats for those levels simply do not sell at all either.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These polls are usually started by people trolling for angry reactions.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    Why not?

Your parents beat you as a child didn't they?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really can't wait for ...

CP170 gear that costs 15 amazium ingots each

and

CP180 gear that costs 1500 amazium ingots each.

Of course each amazinum ingot will cost 100,000 gold at launch, only be farmable in the Imperial City and be 0.4% better than CP160 gear.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see Zos explore original and creative ways to progress players other than another gear level increase like every other mmo. People like progression to get a feeling of accomplishment but honestly I feel the exact opposite when all my vma weapons and gold cp160 gear becomes worthless.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    All gear, no cap, no level. It adapts to your level/cp. Crafting Materials simplified to mere Ingot, Hide, Cloth, Wood. That will eliminate any concerns about upping the cap, trading gear with low level pugs during dungeons, and gives consistency to the node change of allowing only materials for your crafting level. Crafting progression remains tied to improvement on refining and tempering, traits and motifs. That will make much simpler to convert everything to anything, sell and trade.

That also makes for a boring crafting system. Don't forget there are players out there who enjoy being a crafter and merchant.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think ESO would lose a lot of players if they increased the gear cap, The grind to reasonably good 160 cp gear is tough enough (nearly threw my monitor out the window a few times lol, :p , and the grind to get the elite gear the max/minners want is insane. To tell these guys they have to grind elite gold gear again for a new cp level, it'd be game suicide. Might as well turn off the servers right after the cp gear increase announcement.

(note, I don't even grind for the high end gear, I just use the stuff I can make or pick up off the dungeon bosses, etc. And I don't think I'd bother with another gear grind. I'd just play less and less until I stopped at some point with a new cp gear increase.)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on September 13, 2017 4:31PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like that, but give us a crafting option to upgrade current 160 gear to whatevers the cap is, so we dont need to farm the same stuff again. Or, add new gear with the new cp cap..
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    C O N F I R M E D
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Only if they give us a way to increase our gear from 160 to whanever, without having to discard the current gear.

That would be nice just like using gold mats to make armor and weapon legendary, it would be nice to be able to get mats that lvl gears as well but still keep a cap limit on it since I'm sure people would cry about others having lvl 1000+ gear and so on
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an ESO Live quite sometime time ago, Armor/Weapon levels were discussed.

They said a level rise was coming but not until after 1Tam.

How long ago was that?

I expect a level change before the end of the year.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they increase gear cap without a way to upgrade 160 gear to the new max I will no joke delete everything I own
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    Why not?

Increasing CP limit would likely be a nail in the coffin for most players, so new content would have to be a very good incentive to keep them around.

A mass exodus. I'll be moses.

About the only thing besides P2W that wil get me to move on. #altaholicsanonymous
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Only so the Temper value increases
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I've already posted in this thread... but... because there wouldn't be any actual increase to our power. A gear cap increase would only serve to weaken existing characters and gear, forcing us to regrind for no actual benefit.

If you'd asked be before One Tamriel, when that would have meant an actual upgrade in power, yeah, maybe. But now? No, it would just invalidate our gear for no real benefit.

That said, the option for 160 weapons that weren't vibrant red? Yeah, I could get behind that.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see Zos explore original and creative ways to progress players other than another gear level increase like every other mmo. People like progression to get a feeling of accomplishment but honestly I feel the exact opposite when all my vma weapons and gold cp160 gear becomes worthless.

Progression via a gear cap increase doesn't result in a feeling of accomplishment in ESO because you don't become stronger. Mobs just scale to the new gear cap, so your relative power/resistance is identical to what it was at CP160.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 14, 2017 3:57AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raising CP gear cap would only mean a virtual increase of power that could also be done via the CP base stats, insert more crafing materials and a huge base of angry players that would have lost all their hard earned gear.

There is no increase in power at all because all mobs scale to the gear cap. Your relative power will be identical to what it was at CP 160.

The only way you can experience a power increase in ESO via a gear cap increase is if the next zone they release is a higher level than previous zones (i.e. Clockwork City is a CP 200 zone while the rest of the game stays at CP 160).

Basically, ZOS would need to abandon One Tamriel in order to increase the gear cap. Considering that One Tamriel was responsible for tripling the player base, I find that unlikely.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 14, 2017 4:02AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an ESO Live quite sometime time ago, Armor/Weapon levels were discussed.

They said a level rise was coming but not until after 1Tam.

How long ago was that?

I expect a level change before the end of the year.

That statement was made before One Tamriel became the single most successful change they ever made to the game. The player base tripled in Novemeber of last year and has remained steady since.

They probably only intended for One Tamriel to affect the base game at the time, with new zones still being released at a higher level (which is the only way a gear cap increase would work). I'm sure they shelved the idea after they saw how successful OT was.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 14, 2017 4:04AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned OT just makes gear level irrelevant. Upping it would only make people farm for no gain. Useless, pointless and annoying, that would make a lot of players angry. Not worth it.

They want us to grind ? New sets ? New crafting materials ? Jewelry crafting ? many things could be used.

• houjo2000b16_ESO
    houjo2000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Due to One Tamriel- if it increased to say, CP 200- it means you would become 40 CP weaker overnight to everything. The moment you do a system like that, you kinda make new gear levels the devil. It represents a brutal grind to get to where you were before.

Not to mention... even more materials to contend with? No thanks.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Too many people have worked too hard on Gear grinding to have it all become worthless.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Clearly in the case of gear CP level increase it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out it is likely coming at some point. Zos has already stated as much just a few months ago, but did not enlighten us as to when.

It's actually impossible to raise the gear cap in One Tamriel. The new gear cap would be statistically identical to the old gear cap.

The only way they could raise the cap is if the next zone they released was a CP 200 (or whatever the new cap would be) zone, while the rest of the game was still CP 160. But they won't do that due to how successful OT has been.

I'll Bite. Where exactly did Giles write that?
    Edited by Yarlenzey on September 14, 2017 8:42AM
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the upcoming trait change systems I say yes IF mob levels increase as well otherwise it just makes the allready too easy content even easier
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight