The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.4

• Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Uhm... where is the class specific balance changes???

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

So... still no house motifs on the templates? seems like a good update "geared toward itemization". You guys rock!
    Edited by Franieck on August 7, 2017 3:38PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

Will you be looking into more of the underused crafted item sets such as Magnus' Gift, Ashen Grip, or Nobles Conquest?
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor maxHP tank builds.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bonuses before the 5pc got buffed, remember?
    #MOREORBS
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil1

The same math that warranted a buff for 40 stam points on Hulking Draugr it seems...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NECRO NERF, DIE SHIELD STACKING SORCS, DIIIIEEEEE!

See, all the whiners got a nerf to those lovely sorcs, well done.

But yay execute damage scaling up FTW!
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

^ So overall, compared to live, more mag when your pet is down - probably about the same when its up (need to check)
    Edited by Biro123 on August 7, 2017 3:44PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That set was way over the top ... that would be 7300 Magicka +20% +10%

2 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(3 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(4 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(5 items) While you have pets active, increase Max Magicka by 4000

Lets look at the stam version

Same exact set except 2500 as the 5th bonus / But no pet requirement ... Im sure your Stam Warden wouldnt mind a pet requirement and 3100 stamina ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    With the buffs to the 2-4 piece bonuses pet sorcs will still roughly have the same amount of magicka they have currently on live. Assuming you are running Ilambris and Moondancer anyway. It's hardly a nerf. Still sucks cause I wanted to see how high I could stack my max magicka after the update. Oh well.
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Including Sorc execute, yeah
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Phlathead
    Phlathead
    ✭✭
    Very happy with these patches, they'll definitely help with diversity. Curious why some of this stuff took so long though.

Looking forward to the balance patches. Is there an ETA on when we will start seeing these on the PTS or when the target release week/month for the Live servers will be?

And I don't suppose there will be a sale on the race change tokens with all of the patch changes? :'(
  • cedheimb16_ESO2
    They must be serious about the torugs meta. Wow..
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

It now seems to be around ever 1.4s if you stack Torug's + infused.
    Assume it went from
    4 * (1 - (0.5+0.3)) = 0.8s
    To
    4 * (1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.3) = 1.4s
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC fix and better executed for NBs woooooooo
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcerer executes (active and passive) allways worked fine since those are numbers that scale from your stats, not % increases.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that is gonna be scary. Let's also not forget the execute passive(Implosion) both Stam and Mag have access too as well.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

Nice! Does this multiplicative change also apply to swords buffed by Twin Blade and Blunt / Heavy weapons and bows buffed by Hawk Eye / Long Shots?
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on August 7, 2017 3:51PM
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    Did the other % specific parts of abilities get the same treatment as the executes? i.e jabs/sweeps?
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should introduce queues at the Torug's Pact crafting station. We're going to need these.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    3oi8yxn138e6.png
    General
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

So...Puncturing Sweeps now scale correctly with Minor Slayer etc? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Gigasax on August 7, 2017 3:53PM
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Those bonuses add about 100 more magicka. So instead of truly losing 850 magicka it's losing 550. That's still a significant hit to the incentive to run Necro when it requires a living pet (more important for Sorcs than Wardens), and while sets like Julianos, Mother's Sorrow, and Torgue's Pact paired with Infused have all seen significant buffs. Necro should be BiS for pet sorcs. I fear that it will not when compared to these other sets now.
    Edited by dpencil1 on August 7, 2017 3:55PM
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the other % specific parts of abilities get the same treatment as the executes? i.e jabs/sweeps?

While i agree in the general consensus, that those bonus should be multiplicative and we can add other skills like molten armaments, set bonuses like minor and major slayer, that would mean zos would be going back to how tha game worked before and would boost overal dps a lot for mostly everyone and i dont think thats their idea.

Maybe zos should make aditive the cp system instead of everything else. That would nerf CP (and dps in general) without breaking a lot of skills and set bonuses. 1 more example of how bad the CP system has been for the game balance.
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    The execute damage scaling being moved to multiplicative is a good thing and where it used to be.

My fear here is.. that only execute scaling was moved and not the full revert to the change that made all damage done bonuses additive with CP.

I think its safe to assume that its only execute scaling that got pulled out and placed as multiplicative, but it is ZOS, so, needs to be fully tested for sure.

I would assume that all other skills and % amps to them (such as sweeps) were not included, as the note says execute damage scaling...
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever complains about the necro nerf needs to get perma ban of the forum. That set being OP is beyond any discussion.
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 7, 2017 3:58PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why always nerf? Can't you buff the underperforming sets instead? Sucks to progress, only to hit an artificial wall every quarter.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on August 7, 2017 3:59PM
    PC-NA
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

No further changes to oblivion damage at all? Nice. Gonna be awesome in Cyrodiil for the next six months. Not.

This, oblivion enchant meta incoming, its gonna be "fun"

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear Gina, your words are like a knife in my heart, take a look at all the crafted sets that basicly....are worthless. Seriously like 60-70% of the crafted sets are completely trash for pvp(and pve endgame). No plans to remedy this? Throw crafters a bone please? @ZOS_GinaBruno

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Dear Gina, your words are like a knife in my heart, take a look at all the crafted sets that basicly....are worthless. Seriously like 60-70% of the crafted sets are completely trash for pvp(and pve endgame). No plans to remedy this? Throw crafters a bone please? @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's ok, crafters will have to craft both pve and pvp BiS items next patch, namely julianos and torugs... sadface
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Question for you.
    Why would/should a crafted set be on equal grounds as a dropped set, since you mentioned it, equal grounds as an endgame set?
    #MOREORBS