The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.4

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

Nice! Does this multiplicative change also apply to swords buffed by Twin Blade and Blunt / Heavy weapons and bows buffed by Hawk Eye / Long Shots?

The change is only to execute abilities, not passives, so it has no effect on Twin Blade and Blunt. However, it does mean that Poison Injection deals more damage when combined with Hawk Eye or Long Shots.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Dear Gina,

It'd be of great help and clarification for the ESO community that instead of just an example of Impale, if a Dev might compile and post the execute abilities effected by this change/fix as to leave no ambiguity. Testing individual skills to check of the change/ fix is working as intended is actually working as intended is a behemoth task for the players. Having a list of the specific skill will shorten the testing time and make our life easier.
    Thanks in advance.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on August 8, 2017 6:52AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good players adjust. Well, you can put it that way. I'd rather say: Good players just grind out the next best set and farm it, if they haven't already. It's almost like ZOS wants to keep us farming. And it's the truth. There is no other reason for the nerfs than the incentive to play old content again and again to get that next set.

I didn't play a pet build in PvP, and in PvE Necro still will perform well enough for my purposes. I won't lose my mind and farm the next set and gold that. I'm tired of farming new stuff every 3 months. It's not what I would call adding fun to the game.

@GeorgeBlack

It's rather fresh you calling all people who dislike the nerf bad players. Especially when this is coming from someone whose insight into the game is questionable at best (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358790/i-take-issue-with-the-agressive-aspect-of-1h-s). Besides, you're contradicting yourself. You say that you beat 9 out of 10 Sorcs but that the class is ESO easy mode. It has to be one or the other, unless you are the greatest player on the planet. I rather doubt that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magWarden says hello and asks for (pvp-viable) execute, pls.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Good players adjust. Well, you can put it that way. I'd rather say: Good players just grind out the next best set and farm it, if they haven't already. It's almost like ZOS wants to keep us farming. And it's the truth. There is no other reason for the nerfs than the incentive to play old content again and again to get that next set.

I didn't play a pet build in PvP, and in PvE Necro still will perform well enough for my purposes. I won't lose my mind and farm the next set and gold that. I'm tired of farming new stuff every 3 months. It's not what I would call adding fun to the game.

@GeorgeBlack

It's rather fresh you calling all people who dislike the nerf bad players. Especially when this is coming from someone whose insight into the game is questionable at best (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358790/i-take-issue-with-the-agressive-aspect-of-1h-s). Besides, you're contradicting yourself. You say that you beat 9 out of 10 Sorcs but that the class is ESO easy mode. It has to be one or the other, unless you are the greatest player on the planet. I rather doubt that.

Just ignore @GeorgeBlack his threads and replies show he's a complete noob who has no idea about the game. If he spent as much time playing the game as he did crying everytime he dies to a magicka build he's be max cp and good enough to stop complaining.

The guy has some weird magicka vendetta and complaining about balance on classes and builds which he's never played before which confuses me as to how he has the insight to balance things he hasn't played.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need one when you main spam skill goes through roll and your other goes through block.
    PS4 EU DC

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need one when you main spam skill goes through roll and your other goes through block.

That might be true up to the point where u enter a deathmatch. Btw. birds are for noobs.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on August 8, 2017 7:07AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman

Nah, your Warden certainly doesn't need a buff for PvP ;):)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, yeah would be more of a luxury, true.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is it that every single sorc I run into has a combined shield stack pathetically weaker then my 15k hardened ward alone.... and can roll dodge around without stam issues?

Oh right, because lolmberplasm was and is the easy-mode meta carrying sorcs, not necropotence.

dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

I mean, yea it's a stupid nerf. "21%" But it's only a loss of 850 magic.

Why is every good dueling sorc running high maxmagica builds and pets not amber in that case?

Maybe bc one is better for open world and one is better for facetanking?

EU must be different. I hardly ever see a sorc with shields as big as mine. Even on my overload build. Max Magic sorcs on NA are a very rare sight. All the sorcs I run into run some variant of Amberplasm, Lich, Shacklebreaker + a DPS set. I never ever see pet sorcs except for like 1 AD sorc whom won the last NA dueling tourney.(Tangril I believe was the toon name) And when I say see or encounter them. I mean ACTUAL pet sorcs. Players that have committed to that build and open world pvp with it.

I sometimes see the occasional sorc using just the twilight for what I assume is 5pc necropotence... and my 50k magic overload build still has bigger shield values then them according to my lui...

But which one is it? You say every good dueling sorc is running high maxmagicka builds and pets. So... you mean Pet Sorcs? Pet Sorcs are not "max magic sorcerer" builds. Pet Sorcs are... sorcerers that use pets. They have two toggled pets slotted. One of them grants burst heals. The other CCs. Both do passive damage. Both get in the way of targeting. And both are completely imbalanced in terms of counter play because they are balanced as toggled "pets" that need to be kept alive because they serve mechanically and fundamentally as toggles. That is why pet sorcs are imbalanced. Because the pets themselves are balanced to be toggles on your bar that you have to maintain as permanent buffs.

People want to clamp "pet sorc" and "Max Magic sorc" together. They are doing it right now due to a defensive coping mechanism that is fueling insecurity from the notorious "Pet Sorc" being imbalanced in a controlled dueling environment. And this is happening because of the Shadowrend changes.

I disagree with the notion that they are both the same, and I use myself as authority; as an actual committed max magic sorcerer that has made the build work where a very select few also have, throughout the years; to establish clear dichotomy between the two.

There are "Pet Sorcs". And then there are "Max Magic Sorcs". Both run abnormal magic pools. Only one of them uses pets. And only one of them exclusively uses 5pc necropotence, while the other has better potential to use 5pc necropotence come next patch with the defensive shadowrend proc, but they generally do not under any circumstance use 5pc necropotence.

Max Magic is good for facetanking a duel. Amberplasm is still better and easier for out-sustaining stam builds.

Amberplasm is easier to play, Max Magic is great for efficient noob-stomping.

Max Magic fights to the death and either gets overwhelmed, or makes shield stacks look OP to potato players that don't know what they are doing dps-wise. Amberplasm actually kites zergs and have great mobility and freedom.

Amberplasm is meta. It is user friendly. You can sustain against everything, including poisons.

Max Magic only sustains with harness magic. And poisons/shieldbreaker are a certain death sentence. Why? Because they have no stam sustain, and situational magic sustain. An Amberplasm sorc has the tools to deal with a shieldbreaker user, and anyone abusing cost increase poisons on them. A Max Magic sorc on the other hand, gets put on a rapidly ticking timer.

A Pet Sorc counters everything that a Max Magic Sorc would struggle against. But why? They both have strong shield stacks and abnormal magic. Why would that be the case?

Because, they are completely different. Slapping Shadowrend on does not make you a pet sorc. The 5pc necropotence sounds intimidating. The shieldstacks look daunting. The minor maim seems problematic. But... they still will suffer against things a Pet Sorc would overwhelm and put down soundly. No matter how much magic you stack... if you do not have toggled permanent pets to los with that also heal you.... then you will die, it does not matter how strong the shields are. You can be countered by proper counter-play.

Pet Sorc =/= Max Magic Sorc. Pet Sorcs are the nightmares in duels. If people want to argue the true culprit, then get the facts straight. Otherwise, all I see is blatant misinformation being passed around from everyone parroting each other in a panic, spread by those whom have a clear bias'd agenda.

The Elephant in the room is the upcoming Torugs pact meta. Not the Shadowrend Sorcs that have 10 - 14k stamina and 600 stam regen to counterplay against. They are going to be in for a rude awakening once they realize how much for granted their stam pool and magic regen were when they try to play a powerful build that requires experience and knowledge of resource management to play to it's maximum potential.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To those crying about the necro-nerf:

1. With morrowind ZOS nerfed BSW bc everyone used this (except magsorcs...bc they had something stronger: necro). You see why it got nerfed?

2. If you compare with other sets, sets wich give universally spelldmg give you 300 (with proccbased sets slightly above). Sets which give damage to specific damage or attack-types will give you 400 dmg. Not that hard to figure out where necro should be sorted in...
    Noobplar
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poisoninject, steel tornado, killers blade got a buff? anyone tested dummy dps for stamnb on pts? I feel we might pull some ok numbers in pve this dlc
    Edited by Glamdring on August 8, 2017 8:21AM
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the nerf to Necropotence, as I think it will still be good, but I do have one question/doubt now: if you compare it to Draugr Hulk your advantage is ~600 max stats but you have to have a pet active at all times (don't come argue about monster sets that are accepted by Necropotence since that isn't a reliable way to keep the buff on). Don't know about you but seems a bit unfair to me.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That might be true up to the point where u enter a deathmatch. Btw. birds are for noobs.

Birds are one of the only 3 damaging skills a warden has for pvp, 1 is a dot.
    PS4 EU DC

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Birds are one of the only 3 damaging skills a warden has for pvp, 1 is a dot.

I use only scorch out of the warden arsenal and do quite fine.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Ok

Imaple went from 33k last week to 45k this week
    JEsus beam went from 33k last week to 33k this week

Anyone know why Impale is affected but not jesus beam?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    give all classes implosion = balance solved..lol
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast

As I understand it, the NB execute was bugged and didn't actually hit for 300% damage. As for the difference between Impale and RD, considering the different thresholds it seems ok. After all RD starts executing at 50% HP.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Alcast

As I understand it, the NB execute was bugged and didn't actually hit for 300% damage. As for the difference between Impale and RD, considering the different thresholds it seems ok. After all RD starts executing at 50% HP.

wtf? radiant scales up to 33k at 1% boss HP, impale does 45k from 24% to 0% Boss HP and can be light attack-weaved and you call that ok? Are you kidding or trolling???
    Noobplar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Destruent

My understanding was that RD does that 33k from 50% to 25% as well. Hence the statement.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alcast

All percentage based executes were bugged.

Radiant destruction is a percentage based execute.

If the value hasn´t changed it wasn´t fixed.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @Alcast

Homestead my Jesus beam hit for 75k on bosses. Morrowind my jesus beam hits for 45k on bosses. Horns of the Reach jesus beam hits for 45k on bosses.

So why does Impale get a dmg increase when Jesus beam clearly also got rekt by those modifiers. I think they just looked at the abilities and fixed them seperately? Like Jesus Beam should hit harder but no clue why it does not

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Destruent

My understanding was that RD does that 33k from 50% to 25% as well. Hence the statement.

no it doesn't, it scales up like all other execute-mechanics (excluding killers blade/impale and sorc execute) and is doing this since they introduced it.
    And even IF it does this 33k from 50% to 25%....it would be worse then puncturing sweeps (sweeps 4x 9k crits + 10k burning light = 46k in 1.1 sec --> 42k/sec) and therefore useless...

edit: numbers for sweeps could be lower on dummy i guess...but still, you get the point...
    Edited by Destruent on August 8, 2017 10:39AM
    Noobplar
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Destruent

My bad then. Probably as @Alcast suggests they only looked at specific executes. Hm.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Ok

Imaple went from 33k last week to 45k this week
    JEsus beam went from 33k last week to 33k this week

Anyone know why Impale is affected but not jesus beam?

When I read the patch notes I had a small hope for my templar......Now I´m like RIP.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Destruent wrote: »
    @Destruent

no it doesn't, it scales up like all other execute-mechanics (excluding killers blade/impale and sorc execute) and is doing this since they introduced it.
    And even IF it does this 33k from 50% to 25%....it would be worse then puncturing sweeps (sweeps 4x 9k crits + 10k burning light = 46k in 1.1 sec --> 42k/sec) and therefore useless...

edit: numbers for sweeps could be lower on dummy i guess...but still, you get the point...

maybe @Asayre made some calculations? Like why did Jesus beam not get different damage numbers in the newest patch but Impale did?

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    @Destruent

maybe @Asayre made some calculations? Like why did Jesus beam not get different damage numbers in the newest patch but Impale did?

@Alcast did you test radiant glory? maybe that magicka-bonus damage is messing things up?
    Noobplar
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    Jamascus wrote: »
    16 new posts about necro?
    Just how bad of a player do you have to be to roll magsorc AND cry about A 400 magika nerf??

It doesn't have anything to do with being a "bad" player, who the *** are you to judge anyway. People are sick of the *** nerfs from these useless devs that are beholden to corporate greed and don't give a *** about making a quality game.

Youre useless for not being able to adapt, not the devs
    My class got nerfed to the ground(Including sets i was using), and guess what, i still get rage whispers/ reports :D

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about having a problem with the change to necro. In fact, I play a Templar healer, so I've been thoroughly pummeled by the nerf bat and had to rebuild my character just like everyone else. But, the idea someone is a "bad" player just because they don't like the change to one of their sets or abilities simply isn't true.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TL:DR gonna be another crappy patch because of crappy thought out changes, a few bandage fixes which will only hurt the game more in the long term. Developers not fixing proc sets enough, they left skoria lmao.

TL:DR games likely going to get worse again, i'm calling a magicka meta or solo mag sorc with basically groups consisting of 80% magplars in heavy.

Now to wait to see what untested, random and game breaking change they throw in between this last patch and release. Shoutout to a few of the old time favourites of breaking the game.

Universial gap closer snare of 100% (remember?) and them doubling resource poisons to 60% when poisons first came out despite literally everyone who tested them asking for the original 30% to be nerfed.

Technically, I think you can only have one TL;DR, because of the DR part... ;)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update/fix for either purifying light or mages wrath not stacking when applied to the same target by multiple players...

Is this being looked at?
    Edited by Sargentwilko51 on August 8, 2017 1:16PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

No further changes to oblivion damage at all? Nice. Gonna be awesome in Cyrodiil for the next six months. Not.

I swear some people won't be happy until this game has no proc enchants and sets ever. Like they nerfed Viper and so many other things, but every time people just find something new to complain about. I mean the oblivion damage with infused and torug's is good, no doubt, but come on, it's a ~3k damage proc... If that's all you have to complain about then I think the game is in a good spot, honestly.

Actually it makes perfect sense. We just got done with the vipers fiasco which was exactly that amount of damage and now zos is introducing the magicka equivalent. So it's perfectly legitimate to complain about it. It is one of ZOS' more boneheaded moves.