The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.4

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This game is in a perfectly good place after this patch. No set/class/ability/passive is under-performing nor are any over-performing. No class has any distinct advantage over any other in any game mode or setting. Item traits are perfect as they stand now and will require zero adjusting in the future. Likewise game performance overall is in an absolutely flawless state, the lag in Cyrodiil has been completely resolved, and the activity finder works perfectly in all situations. All outstanding issues/bugs have been resolved. We are perfectly satisfied with the state of the game for the next 3 months and we absolutely will not make wholesale changes to anything we adjusted in this round of balancing. We are satisfied that we have taken the time to fully test everything in this patch, and it will roll out seamlessly." - ZOS
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Magicka DK Execute, it's about time seriously.

Give the already highest ST parsing Magicka build an execute? Not sure if srs
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g

There is wide rift between useless and equal. Most of the crafted sets have not been touched since 2015.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nooo!!! My beautiful Necropotence!!

Nah, its cool.

I'm happy it got a reduction
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭

lmao, maybe on a dummy humping scenario but nowhere even close in-trial.
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

No further changes to oblivion damage at all? Nice. Gonna be awesome in Cyrodiil for the next six months. Not.

I swear some people won't be happy until this game has no proc enchants and sets ever. Like they nerfed Viper and so many other things, but every time people just find something new to complain about. I mean the oblivion damage with infused and torug's is good, no doubt, but come on, it's a ~3k damage proc... If that's all you have to complain about then I think the game is in a good spot, honestly.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small bunch of notes but some good stuff:
    • Another supposed fix for the BG queue. I really hope this fixes the issues and makes group queuing during prime time possible. Because currently it is not.
    • A needed nerf to Neco. Love using it on my Magblade and Magwarden but it was overtuned.
    • Fixed the execute scaling.
    • Fixed the Torug's issue, hopefully preventing a terrible meta. I still think Oblivion Damage glyphs need a big nerf though.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could you offer anymore insight into the BG queue fix and what was done? Solo queuing and group queuing during off-hours hasn't been much of an issue. But will group queues during prime time now work?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

No further changes to oblivion damage at all? Nice. Gonna be awesome in Cyrodiil for the next six months. Not.

I swear some people won't be happy until this game has no proc enchants and sets ever. Like they nerfed Viper and so many other things, but every time people just find something new to complain about. I mean the oblivion damage with infused and torug's is good, no doubt, but come on, it's a ~3k damage proc... If that's all you have to complain about then I think the game is in a good spot, honestly.

I just tested it again. It's going to be really awful. But apparently you're fine with 3k damage you can't mitigate and that you just get for wearing a set and a glyph.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait for the next patch and magicka DK is gonna be outperformed by freaking magblade while having no sustain and no execute
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Uhm... where is the class specific balance changes???

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

^ Imo, most of what's broken or unbalanced in ESO is gear-related. All of the classes are pretty balanced right now, so I think class changes really are not needed.

Overall, I'm really happy with the changes, next patch is looking much better!
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My MagNB was/is running that set with Julios, and I don't even use pets. Every sorc and magWarden runs that set. The pet rule needed to be enforced, as for the 23% nerf in power, we'll see how that works.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very good on what's here @ZOS_GinaBruno ,

Just a bit disappointed that there are no class balances this time. im not one to complain about the meta, but I think there are some skill morphs that barely get used, which could use a look at to do something good with them?
    - Power overload
    - Soul Siphon
    - Baleful mist
    - Bolstering darkness
    - Malefic wrath
    - Crystal blast
    - Clouding swarm

I'm sure players could name a few others, but these literally never get used by anyone other than novelty situations and aren't a real comparison to their other morph at all. I just think it's a bit of a waste of potentially cool skills that could be added. Hopefully this is looked at sometime :smiley:
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

3oi8yxn138e6.png
    General
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

Its a big buff for stam pve (dual wield) and pvp dps,

Poison injection is already very strong, may become over performing in PVP!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 7, 2017 4:57PM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    "Survey Reports
    Fixed an issue that prevented Glenumbra's Enchanting Survey Report from respawning if you had multiple surveys on-hand when returning to its area."

What about the fact that it was only giving out 5 instead of 6 protean runestones. Everywhere else there are 6 that can be harvested. I think the problem with the Glenumbra one was because there was a 6th that you could not see and it was waiting for you to get hat 6th one before reset.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Uhm... where is the class specific balance changes???

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

All of the classes are pretty balanced right now

thats what every sorcerer says and has said since launch, it wasnt true then and it is still not true today.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

3oi8yxn138e6.png
    General
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

Maybe, Venom is still really really good for interrupts. Purge/Ritual/Blue Betty can take off Injection's DoT though.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna call that almost no one will use torug's, and while oblivion enchant infused will be pretty popular it won't nearly be the issue some think over here (or only to those who draw conclusions from death recaps).
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Gib DK the implosion passive. Would synergies well with dots.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

3oi8yxn138e6.png
    General

Maybe, Venom is still really really good for interrupts. Purge/Ritual/Blue Betty can take off Injection's DoT though.

Almost every NB and DK runs poison injection, Stam NB are already very difficult in 1vs 1 situation and infact they are gonna much more powerful.
    IC would be difficult place again!
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Still no updates on Tappo's Journal Page being fixed or on being able to get Valyia's Cargo Manifest after finishing the Obsidian Gorge questline, both of which are long-standing verified bugs. Could you please verify whether these are being worked on or tell us what's wrong that's holding them up? Is there anything at all that we can do to help get them fixed?

Y'all've fixed a lot of bugs this patch, and I really appreciate it, but there are still quite a few to go. These two in particular have been giving folks grief for a couple months now.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The execute change should apply to DW slaughter ability too, not just active abilities.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For *** sake why do they just *** on sets instead of tackling the problem itself. Shield stacking. More sorcs in pvp run spinners etc.

Make hulking 3.5k.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must be serious about the torugs meta. Wow..

It now seems to be around ever 1.4s if you stack Torug's + infused.
    Assume it went from
    4 * (1 - (0.5+0.3)) = 0.8s
    To
    4 * (1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.3) = 1.4s

My issue is

3k every 2 seconds that bypasses block and shields is the strongest proc this game has seen since procs couldn't crit.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g

There is wide rift between useless and equal. Most of the crafted sets have not been touched since 2015.
    Probably because since 2015 we have had a vast amount of content added + an insane amount of new item sets. I don't believe there is a point in touching the crafting sets as it seems like they are used as a starting point to work into getting dropped gear which should and is better than crafting sets.
    #MOREORBS
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This patch pleases me.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assume it went from
    To

My issue is

3k every 2 seconds that bypasses block and shields is the strongest proc this game has seen since procs couldn't crit.

I'll use the undead/ oblivion and wreck vampires in cyro.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I don't fully understand the jargonThe Execute bit what's dat mean then - more pew pew or less pew pew?

2. Necro, is that a nerf then a buff again in the wider changes I.e. The 2-4pc will still get the blanket buff just the 4pc reducing?

If people didn't spam meta BIS la la la on forums / Reddit and every man and their dog run it ZOS wouldn't need to nerf stuff as it's overly popular.

If everyone just theory crafted we could keep nice things.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭

Assume it went from
    To

My issue is

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought in the intial PTS notes (3.1.0), they brought down the oblivion enhant damage by 6%. I haven't been on PTS for a while, but is that still not enough?
  • Rmmichael95
    Rmmichael95
    ✭✭
    This is nice to see.

General
    The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

General
    Improved the reliability of CC (crowd control) immunity when other status effects are on you.
    For example, you can now reliably break CC after being CC’d while sprinting.

Hope this helps with the sorc execute and makes pvp CCs less irritating.
    Edited by Rmmichael95 on August 7, 2017 5:22PM
    Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
    50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
    50 Magicka Breton Templar
    50 Magicka Altmer Templar
    50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
    50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
    50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
    50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
    50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
    50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
    50 Argonian Balzing Shield
    50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
    50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
    50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @Nifty2g

Probably because since 2015 we have had a vast amount of content added + an insane amount of new item sets. I don't believe there is a point in touching the crafting sets as it seems like they are used as a starting point to work into getting dropped gear which should and is better than crafting sets.
    Also if you were to compare the amount of dropped sets there are to those which are useful, and do the same with crafted ones you'll have similar results, if not more useful ones from crafting stations.

Crafters are fine, there are multiple uses for them, and even more to come with transmog system.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on August 7, 2017 5:21PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.