The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.4

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

ezfhbsiw9yzh.png
    Item Sets
    • Necropotence: Reduced the Max Magicka increase granted by this Item Set to 3150 from 4000.

This set was OP, I admit it.
    Well done! :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

ezfhbsiw9yzh.png
    Item Sets
    • Necropotence: Reduced the Max Magicka increase granted by this Item Set to 3150 from 4000.

When the Lord says well done you know you've done a good job @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jdw721 wrote: »
    I feel that I just might get raked over the coals for asking this, but could someone explain the difference between additive and multiplicative. Thanks

1+0.2+0.2=1.40

1.2*1.2=1.44

Multiplicative is a little bit higher.

Don't additive buffs sometimes results in much higher outcomes compared to multiplicative?
  • CastaLyron
    CastaLyron
    ✭✭
    The necro nerf isn't that big of a deal, as the 2,3, and 4 bonus' will get an increase correct?

with the 2-4 pieces buffs, it is a 463 magicka difference between live and pts

All sets 2-4 getting buffed as well so while most other sets get buffed overall (especially crit), necro gets nerfed. This actually puts necro far behind what you could get with another set. Mothers Sorrow look to become very strong now and julianos and netch gain a good buff as well.

• Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Magicka DK Execute, it's about time seriously.

Dragonknights already have an execute with their stacking dots. They begin executing enemies at 100% HP.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that I just might get raked over the coals for asking this, but could someone explain the difference between additive and multiplicative. Thanks

1+0.2+0.2=1.40

1.2*1.2=1.44

Don't additive buffs sometimes results in much higher outcomes compared to multiplicative?

Yeah, but when you have a bunch of factors (such as CP passives/set bonuses) to take into account, multiplicative will almost always be better.

LZH has a post on it here on how it affects Impale, for example: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349328/how-morrowind-broke-impale-and-likely-other-skills-numbers-included#latest

• Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurika wrote: »
    Didn't we have the sky is falling/end of the world complaints with shieldbreaker? And the same with knight slayer + oblivion?

So you have a 5pc set, a weapon enchant, and weapon trait all combined for what? About 1500-2100 DPS boost? (3000/2 or 3000/1.4)** and that's the end of the world (again)?

So that leaves 1 set to make your as your "dps" or "sustain". If your other's is sustain then the majority of your dps set is just that proc which isn't absurdly high. If your other set is a "dps" then where's the sustain?

Torug's doesn't really seem like a DPS or sustain set - just a hybrid with a proc that won't burst anyone down.

I would say the new meta is - 1 button defense to cover everything isn't an option (perma block, perma shield).

** Going off the premise it will proc for 3k based on what other's are saying so may not be totally true.

Yes a lot of people will run Torug's pact but eventually the fad will fade and folks will go back to true DPS/Sustain sets.

Torugs not a dps set? Name me a proc set that adds 3k unresistable dmg in pvp to every light attack with a 1.4s cooldown?

All the proc sets will look like a sorry bunch of losers once this patch goes live.

Basing it on this stated by Devs a while back and the fact that his has max health and resist (their definition, not mine):

Developer Comments:
    These sets are meant to be damage or healing focused by augmenting a particular element or skill line, so the 2-piece bonus of Max Health was out of place for this theme. We’ve updated them to have more appropriate 2-piece bonuses instead.
    The following item sets now has a 2-piece bonus of Weapon Critical instead of Max Health:
    Strength of the Automaton
    Sword Dancer
    Edited by Hurika on August 7, 2017 8:48PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1+0.2+0.2=1.40

1.2*1.2=1.44

As I understand it when discussing simple interaction between multiple fixed percentage modifiers, multiplicative will always be greater than additive. I am not intimately familiar with damage calculation in ESO, I have only done simple testing to determine interactions.

Additive as a term is implying you are taking a percentage of the base and adding it, all percentages are taken of the base and then added.

Multiplicative implies you are increasing the base by a percentage, the product of this combination is further increased by any additional percentages. This results in a higher outcome than taking percentages of the base and adding them.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagNB execute does damage again. This was a good day.
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit:ima open a topic.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the necro 5 piece change! Sorc DPS was way over the top compared to other classes and every sorc out there hitting the highest numbers were wearing Necropotence. With the changes to mundus, weapon traits and buffs to other gear sets it should bring them in line with other classes finally. Thank You, this magblade greatly appreciates the changes :) Can't wait for reactions from the sorc camp though haha.
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think of it this way:

Multiplicative means whatever modifier you apply builds on other modifiers.
    Additive means it only affects the base value.

Which is better depends on if they are increasing or decreasing by the amount and what they are increasing/decreasing.

Decreasing ability cost
    Mult: costs 1000, decrease 20% and decrease 30% = 1000 * (1-.2) * (1-.3) = 560
    Add: costs 1000, decrease 20% and decrease 30% = 1000 * (1 - (.2 + .3)) = 500
    So Add is better.

Increase damage
    Mult: 5000 dmg, increase 20% and increase 30% = 5000 * (1.2) * (1.3) = 7800
    Add: 5000 dmg, increase 20% and increase 30% = 5000 * (1 + .2 + .3) = 7500
    So mult is better

Mult knows of other modifiers - think of this as compound interest. Additive is not affected by others. Mixing the 2 depends on the order they are applied.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Uhm... where is the class specific balance changes???

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Not quite sure how to understand that. Do you mean the incremental patch for this week, or the whole HotR update? Just out of curiosity, can we even expect class specific adjustments or (balance) changes for the HotR update? After the hefty changed of Morrowind, there really are lots of class specific gameplay issues that I don't want to go in to in detail but are discussed in tons of threads in the forums. The game is not in its worst state but some classes really suffer and need adjustments to follow up the Morrowind changes.

If this isn't in your focus at all for the upcoming update we can at least save the effort of discussing and creating these threads.. :/

Thanks for your reply and time!
    Edited by Jeezye on August 7, 2017 9:46PM
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats a dumb reason. Thats like saying "every stam dps uses two fanged snake so it needs a nerf"
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DGqOBgBXgAIfJc9.jpg:large
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    ezfhbsiw9yzh.png
    Item Sets

Please revert back this change and remove the need to use a pet in order to get the 5pc bonus.

people need to learn to stfu.Necro was fine
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they should of just ignored it
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Why always nerf? Can't you buff the underperforming sets instead? Sucks to progress, only to hit an artificial wall every quarter.

Get so tired of them trying to close the gap between good players,and scrubs.We should see progress ,not having to try to get close to where we were before.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    1. I don't fully understand the jargonThe Execute bit what's dat mean then - more pew pew or less pew pew?

More pew pews.
    2. Necro, is that a nerf then a buff again in the wider changes I.e. The 2-4pc will still get the blanket buff just the 4pc reducing?

It's a nerf, but since the 2-4pc bonuses were buffed, it's not as big of a nerf. It'll be about 500 magicka, I believe.

what does that translate into with all the passives that increase magic active?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

ezfhbsiw9yzh.png
    Item Sets

Don't encourage them.This is more of one of those thing where you have to bat them on the nose with a newspaper,and firmly say no several times for it to sink in.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs, could the Vampire Lord set be looked at?

I have created a thread dedicated for it here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/363529/devs-could-you-guys-take-a-look-at-the-vampire-lord-gear-set#latest...

I believe some of the arguments there calling for a buff of the Vampire Lord set are sound; could you guys look into it?

Thanks...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »

Uh, why is your PTS Necropotence Item Pop up only showing 3040 max magicka on the 5 piece, when the Patch notes state it's supposed to be 3150?
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

didn't the 2/3/4 piece bonus get a 13.3 % buff, so technically no it didnt get a 21.25% nerf. more like 7.5% or something, ballpark figure
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

The bonuses before the 5pc got buffed, remember?

Those bonuses add about 100 more magicka. So instead of truly losing 850 magicka it's losing 550. That's still a significant hit to the incentive to run Necro when it requires a living pet (more important for Sorcs than Wardens), and while sets like Julianos, Mother's Sorrow, and Torgue's Pact paired with Infused have all seen significant buffs. Necro should be BiS for pet sorcs. I fear that it will not when compared to these other sets now.

it will always be BiS for pet builds, because pets damage scale on max magicka only as far as i'm aware, so a julianos/netch's/ mothers sorrow sorc should be running different skills that play to the damage scaling
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, why is your PTS Necropotence Item Pop up only showing 3040 max magicka on the 5 piece, when the Patch notes state it's supposed to be 3150?

Very good question. Has anyone else confirmed they actually changed to 3150?
    PC-NA
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He probably doesnt have all 5 pieces Legendary.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nooo!!! My beautiful Necropotence!!

Nah, its cool.

and completely unnecessary.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please do not nerf necropotence. Damage wise it was certainly a good set and BiS for some classes. However you will simply make necro irrelevant and have replaced it with other OP sets, night mothers sorrow and juli spring to mind.

And anyway necro wasn't overperforming in my opinion. Warmaiden for example gave 400 spell-damage
    (which for some classes is 90% or more of their damage) without the need to run pets (as magicka nightblade, you would have one more available skillslot, sorcerers would gain 2 as they have to double bar pets).

So why nerf only necro. It wasn't the only way to go for magicka characters in the first place, spinners, juli, BSW, warmaiden etc. were just as good in many situations. Really all this does is make necro irrelenvant...and I don't see any justification for this NERF. #SaveNecro

EDIT: Whoever says that 4pc bonuses got buffed does not have an argument that speaks for the nerf of necropotence, since all other set piece bonuses were subject to the same buffs. So by that logic all 5 pc bonuses need to be nerfed, since overall stats have been increased by 1-4 pc bonus buffs.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on August 7, 2017 11:28PM
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

That set was way over the top ... that would be 7300 Magicka +20% +10%

2 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(3 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(4 items) Adds 967 Max Magicka

(5 items) While you have pets active, increase Max Magicka by 4000

Lets look at the stam version

Same exact set except 2500 as the 5th bonus / But no pet requirement ... Im sure your Stam Warden wouldnt mind a pet requirement and 3100 stamina ...

Don't start comparing stam sets to mag sets, it's not even close how many more good stam sets there are than mag sets, specifically, the proctastic cancer meta.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    16 new posts about necro?
    Just how bad of a player do you have to be to roll magsorc AND cry about A 400 magika nerf??