The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.4

• JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Uhm... where is the class specific balance changes???

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

Can at least fix magplar dps? I cant really say exactly say what broke them look towards niftys post for that I do know I lost roughly 17k of dps from last patch to this patch on test dummies and in raid I lost at least 10k
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    16 new posts about necro?
    Just how bad of a player do you have to be to roll magsorc AND cry about A 400 magika nerf??

It doesn't have anything to do with being a "bad" player, who the *** are you to judge anyway. People are sick of the *** nerfs from these useless devs that are beholden to corporate greed and don't give a *** about making a quality game.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »
    Just how bad of a player do you have to be to roll magsorc AND cry about A 400 magika nerf??

It doesn't have anything to do with being a "bad" player, who the *** are you to judge anyway. People are sick of the *** nerfs from these useless devs that are beholden to corporate greed and don't give a *** about making a quality game.

It kinda does. Usually bad players are sick of nerfs to stuff that made them better. Good players adjust.
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

It kinda does. Usually bad players are sick of nerfs to stuff that made them better. Good players adjust.

Certainly some of the players that don't like this change are "bad", whatever that means, but there are certainly "good" players, what ever that means, who won't like it either. The guy that thinks those players are "bad" is just salty he gets killed by magsorcs.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Certainly some of the players that don't like this change are "bad", whatever that means, but there are certainly "good" players, what ever that means, who won't like it either. The guy that thinks those players are "bad" is just salty he gets killed by magsorcs.

Certainly there are some players that are salty getting killed by magsorc. Usually magsorcs not running necropotence. But complains about nerfs to overperforming set usually do not come from good players. Sometimes these overperforming things are the sole reason you may consider some players good :)

Opinions can always differ, but it takes 10sec of math to figure out the values were not right anymore
    Edited by SodanTok on August 8, 2017 12:59AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

/dealwithit
    Now move along. You had your little irrelevant rant about money and what not
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually magsorc are the only class I beat 9/10.
    I do call it as I see it though. Magsorc is eso on ez settings. And here you are still crying for 400 magika. How much magika were you running btw? 40k? 45k? 48k?
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

If Executes are receiving a buff what are you doing to help MagDK which continues to lack an Execute? I think it's time to get off the whole MagDK "DoT" balancing and nerf the DoT's if necessary to give the DK a real Execute because MagDK has a hard time finishing off tanky opponents because of no Execute burst.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

No further changes to oblivion damage at all? Nice. Gonna be awesome in Cyrodiil for the next six months. Not.

This.

Also friendly aoe effects still forced invisible in pvp... rip intuitive and visceral tactical decision making.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

All of the classes are pretty balanced right now

thats what every sorcerer says and has said since launch, it wasnt true then and it is still not true today.

LOL so true
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Real talk ZOS, the balance is good and everything is going towards the same level

But why is Magicka Templar DPS still left alone to be the [Snip] of them all? Why wasn't there any changes to their damage kit? This was the balance patch after all, possibly look into it for when the patch hits live? Because they are quite far behind the other classes.

[Edit to remove profanity]

Idk about PVE, but there is nothing wrong with templar dps for pvp I have dueled plenty of templars on my sorc and I could not even keep up shielding through the damage. They can purify all negative effects, heal back to 100% health and it's hard to even get away with the constant puncturing sweep spam.
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually magsorc are the only class I beat 9/10.
    I do call it as I see it though. Magsorc is eso on ez settings. And here you are still crying for 400 magika. How much magika were you running btw? 40k? 45k? 48k?

I never cried about that nerf in particular. I've never used the set so I have no idea if it needs a nerf or not. I care but only because ZOS mentality is nerf everything instead of buffing things. At some point, lowering the ceiling and raising the floor means were all spooning together in a crawl space. And to your point about having 48k magicka, which I don't have on any of my 8 toons, so *** what, there's plenty of d-bags running around with 50k health.

Crit rush is ez button, crit rush+viper's+velidreth is so *** cancerous compared to anything else.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like 4 pc Necromancer plus Julianos for pet builds and monster set du jour... for pet builds...
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how often you guys read these, but could you look into racial passives for the next patch. High Elf currently over shadows every other magicka race, you'll get laughed at if you run anything else than high elf on a magicka sorc or most other magicka builds.

Also look into stamplar sustain, because I had put hundings rage and bone pirate on my stamplar and then put the same sets on my stamblade on the live server and the difference in stamina sustain was enormous.

Also 660 template characters don't have level 50 in crafting atm so it's kinda impossible to test crafted sets.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    ezfhbsiw9yzh.png
    Item Sets
    • Necropotence: Reduced the Max Magicka increase granted by this Item Set to 3150 from 4000.

Please revert back this change and remove the need to use a pet in order to get the 5pc bonus.

Just no lol
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay necropotence nerf! no sarcasm
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurika wrote: »
    Hurika wrote: »
    Didn't we have the sky is falling/end of the world complaints with shieldbreaker? And the same with knight slayer + oblivion?

So you have a 5pc set, a weapon enchant, and weapon trait all combined for what? About 1500-2100 DPS boost? (3000/2 or 3000/1.4)** and that's the end of the world (again)?

So that leaves 1 set to make your as your "dps" or "sustain". If your other's is sustain then the majority of your dps set is just that proc which isn't absurdly high. If your other set is a "dps" then where's the sustain?

Torug's doesn't really seem like a DPS or sustain set - just a hybrid with a proc that won't burst anyone down.

I would say the new meta is - 1 button defense to cover everything isn't an option (perma block, perma shield).

** Going off the premise it will proc for 3k based on what other's are saying so may not be totally true.

Yes a lot of people will run Torug's pact but eventually the fad will fade and folks will go back to true DPS/Sustain sets.

Torugs not a dps set? Name me a proc set that adds 3k unresistable dmg in pvp to every light attack with a 1.4s cooldown?

All the proc sets will look like a sorry bunch of losers once this patch goes live.

Basing it on this stated by Devs a while back and the fact that his has max health and resist (their definition, not mine):

Developer Comments:
    These sets are meant to be damage or healing focused by augmenting a particular element or skill line, so the 2-piece bonus of Max Health was out of place for this theme. We’ve updated them to have more appropriate 2-piece bonuses instead.
    The following item sets now has a 2-piece bonus of Weapon Critical instead of Max Health:
    Strength of the Automaton
    Sword Dancer

I agree that it might not be intended to function as a dps set. Although the max health bonus is fine for pvp, you generally want to spec a bit in health anyway. Even the resist bonus is decent now that penetration has been nerfed.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the players with the Loth Na caverns bug please get a fix like the howling sepulchers people did regarding the upper craglorn cave deliver achievement? Going on 10 months now. Also agree that mag dk needs an execute.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone help me understand WHY executes are getting buffed? How were executes under performing other that impale doing 267% instead of 300%? Do we really need reverse slice and mages wrath doing more damage?!
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage dks have an execute, its called dragon leap. The uptime on it is crazy good, provides a heal, an aoe, and acts as a gap closer all in one!
    Edited by LegacyDM on August 8, 2017 4:10AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Someone help me understand WHY executes are getting buffed? How were executes under performing other that impale doing 267% instead of 300%? Do we really need reverse slice and mages wrath doing more damage?!

Mages wrath will do the same damage. This affects only % increase executes like killer's blade or reverse slice. Sorcerer executes are a number that scale with your stats, like any other skill.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mage dks have an execute, its called dragon leap. The uptime on it is crazy good, provides a heal, an aoe, and acts as a gap closer all in one!

It doesn't get this buff all other Executes are getting and it's still an Ultimate that other classes are able to stack theirs on top of their Execute for incredible burst. The resource return is not that amazing on DK Ults any more.
    Edited by Twohothardware on August 8, 2017 4:46AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thst's not an issue, ifact it probably helped the game as a whole by allowing low levels to make some solid money. So what now? Mother's sorrow? Alright, well that invigorates a gold farm, but creates a whole new pointless grind. Lost a set, gained a set, but no diversity increase, just more rng.

Buffing other sets to go sith the nerf however, gets people talking and makes thingd more interesting. Not a fan of this change.

Otherwise nice update.

Ps spinners/spriggans nerf was dumb, and sorta pointless. It made a nice casual friendly runner's up to those who cbs dealing with huge lag/rng. I feel that change hurt diversity and is more likely to push people to quit. If you feel the set is too strong, perhaps change of of the max stam buffs to recovery, still useful but doesn't directly affect dps.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »

Mages wrath will do the same damage. This affects only % increase executes like killer's blade or reverse slice. Sorcerer executes are a number that scale with your stats, like any other skill.

Ok good to know. But I'm still curious as to why executes are getting buffed? I'm mean seriously, executes are a pain as is, why make it worse? Were they underperforming that much? I know impale had a calculation flaw as to it not getting 300% but why the buff to others? Was there a counter balance put into play? @ZOS_GinaBruno what will the dev feedback notes say about this?
    Edited by LegacyDM on August 8, 2017 5:20AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Youre useless for not being able to adapt, not the devs
    My class got nerfed to the ground(Including sets i was using), and guess what, i still get rage whispers/ reports :D
    Edited by amir412 on August 8, 2017 5:25AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »

All of the classes are pretty balanced right now

thats what every sorcerer says and has said since launch, it wasnt true then and it is still not true today.

Ironically that´s what bad players have been saying since launch.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @GeorgeBlack

If you're not going to be constructive, at least don't be a *** about it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is it that every single sorc I run into has a combined shield stack pathetically weaker then my 15k hardened ward alone.... and can roll dodge around without stam issues?

Oh right, because lolmberplasm was and is the easy-mode meta carrying sorcs, not necropotence.

I mean, yea it's a stupid nerf. "21%" But it's only a loss of 850 magic.

Why is every good dueling sorc running high maxmagica builds and pets not amber in that case?

Maybe bc one is better for open world and one is better for facetanking?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caperon wrote: »

Ok good to know. But I'm still curious as to why executes are getting buffed? I'm mean seriously, executes are a pain as is, why make it worse? Were they underperforming that much? I know impale had a calculation flaw as to it not getting 300% but why the buff to others? Was there a counter balance put into play? @ZOS_GinaBruno what will the dev feedback notes say about this?

its not a calculation flaw, its the fact that all +damage modifiers are additive since Morrowind, meaning stacking those bonuses have drastic diminishing returns especially in execute phases. This not only made %based executes like impale much worse than intended. That effects the efficiency of many other things as well, like Minor Slayer being close to worthless while in execute range.

TL;DR: it was an oversight when changing +damage modifiers in Morrowind and it just got fixed.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL:DR gonna be another crappy patch because of crappy thought out changes, a few bandage fixes which will only hurt the game more in the long term. Developers not fixing proc sets enough, they left skoria lmao.

TL:DR games likely going to get worse again, i'm calling a magicka meta or solo mag sorc with basically groups consisting of 80% magplars in heavy.

Now to wait to see what untested, random and game breaking change they throw in between this last patch and release. Shoutout to a few of the old time favourites of breaking the game.

Universial gap closer snare of 100% (remember?) and them doubling resource poisons to 60% when poisons first came out despite literally everyone who tested them asking for the original 30% to be nerfed.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...