The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.4

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    1. I don't fully understand the jargonThe Execute bit what's dat mean then - more pew pew or less pew pew?

More pew pews.
    2. Necro, is that a nerf then a buff again in the wider changes I.e. The 2-4pc will still get the blanket buff just the 4pc reducing?

It's a nerf, but since the 2-4pc bonuses were buffed, it's not as big of a nerf. It'll be about 500 magicka, I believe.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where the Infused weapon trait and the Torug’s Pact set bonus were stacking additively instead of multiplicatively.

No further changes to oblivion damage at all? Nice. Gonna be awesome in Cyrodiil for the next six months. Not.

This, oblivion enchant meta incoming, its gonna be "fun"

Player base: Change the proc set meta for Jebus sake!
    ZoS: Ok... done.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we have the sky is falling/end of the world complaints with shieldbreaker? And the same with knight slayer + oblivion?

So you have a 5pc set, a weapon enchant, and weapon trait all combined for what? About 1500-2100 DPS boost? (3000/2 or 3000/1.4)** and that's the end of the world (again)?

So that leaves 1 set to make your as your "dps" or "sustain". If your other's is sustain then the majority of your dps set is just that proc which isn't absurdly high. If your other set is a "dps" then where's the sustain?

Torug's doesn't really seem like a DPS or sustain set - just a hybrid with a proc that won't burst anyone down.

I would say the new meta is - 1 button defense to cover everything isn't an option (perma block, perma shield).

** Going off the premise it will proc for 3k based on what other's are saying so may not be totally true.

Yes a lot of people will run Torug's pact but eventually the fad will fade and folks will go back to true DPS/Sustain sets.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    btq49l8bpn2e.jpg

3oi8yxn138e6.png
    General
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

Its a big buff for stam pve (dual wield) and pvp dps,

Poison injection is already very strong, may become over performing in PVP!

Maybe, Venom is still really really good for interrupts. Purge/Ritual/Blue Betty can take off Injection's DoT though.

Almost every NB and DK runs poison injection, Stam NB are already very difficult in 1vs 1 situation and infact they are gonna much more powerful.
    IC would be difficult place again!

I always wondered why
    Hurika wrote: »
    Didn't we have the sky is falling/end of the world complaints with shieldbreaker? And the same with knight slayer + oblivion?

So you have a 5pc set, a weapon enchant, and weapon trait all combined for what? About 1500-2100 DPS boost? (3000/2 or 3000/1.4)** and that's the end of the world (again)?

So that leaves 1 set to make your as your "dps" or "sustain". If your other's is sustain then the majority of your dps set is just that proc which isn't absurdly high. If your other set is a "dps" then where's the sustain?

Torug's doesn't really seem like a DPS or sustain set - just a hybrid with a proc that won't burst anyone down.

I would say the new meta is - 1 button defense to cover everything isn't an option (perma block, perma shield).

** Going off the premise it will proc for 3k based on what other's are saying so may not be totally true.

Yes a lot of people will run Torug's pact but eventually the fad will fade and folks will go back to true DPS/Sustain sets.

Torug's has many moar uses, the point is that everything is outshined by Oblivion glyph.

Technicaly Torugs + infused could imply a free shield each 2 secs, or a way to recover res quite fast.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So based on your notes, the changes to execute should revert the previous patch changes that made it perform lower and differently than it did previous to Update 14? If so this is a huge improvement to NB and for that, I thank you!
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on August 7, 2017 5:33PM
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    • The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.

Nice! Does this multiplicative change also apply to swords buffed by Twin Blade and Blunt / Heavy weapons and bows buffed by Hawk Eye / Long Shots?

The change is only to execute abilities, not passives, so it has no effect on Twin Blade and Blunt. However, it does mean that Poison Injection deals more damage when combined with Hawk Eye or Long Shots.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Uhm... where is the class specific balance changes???

Our focus for this update has always been geared (no pun intended) more toward itemization and item sets.

All of the classes are pretty balanced right now

thats what every sorcerer says and has said since launch, it wasnt true then and it is still not true today.

Err ok? I main a magblade though. And have played every class, stam/magicka.
    Edited by Eirella on August 7, 2017 5:38PM
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stam nb build for next dlc are comming together bits by bits. This will be fun.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Does this multiplicative change also apply to swords buffed by Twin Blade and Blunt / Heavy weapons and bows buffed by Hawk Eye / Long Shots?

The change is only to execute abilities, not passives, so it has no effect on Twin Blade and Blunt. However, it does mean that Poison Injection deals more damage when combined with Hawk Eye or Long Shots.

Yay a positive for bows!
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    1. I don't fully understand the jargonThe Execute bit what's dat mean then - more pew pew or less pew pew?

More pew pews.
    2. Necro, is that a nerf then a buff again in the wider changes I.e. The 2-4pc will still get the blanket buff just the 4pc reducing?

It's a nerf, but since the 2-4pc bonuses were buffed, it's not as big of a nerf. It'll be about 500 magicka, I believe.

300...hat compared it a view seconds ago...

Same Set, same Skills, not with any cp-pointchange.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on August 7, 2017 5:44PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Sparky_Sorc
    Sparky_Sorc
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that I just might get raked over the coals for asking this, but could someone explain the difference between additive and multiplicative. Thanks
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX ASHEN GRIP 2X SET BONUS TO DPS VIABLE PLEASE
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are you happy with the state of Maelstrom weapons, enchants and drop rate/rng?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jdw721 wrote: »
    I feel that I just might get raked over the coals for asking this, but could someone explain the difference between additive and multiplicative. Thanks

1+0.2+0.2=1.40

1.2*1.2=1.44

Multiplicative is a little bit higher.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭

Yay a positive for bows!

It's something. It still seems like there's a penalty for using bows and swords as your CP grows higher, relative to the rest of the weapon choices.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on August 7, 2017 6:04PM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome,

@ZOS_GinaBruno Now can we get a fix on torugs pact not effecting my vma infused 1h axe as it should be.... ? Id like to add 30% more to the enchantment.

And please eso community, do not complain about that next.

• Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    NERF MAG SORC!!
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay a positive for bows!

It's something. It still seems like there's a penalty for using bows and swords as your CP grows higher, relative to the rest of the weapon choices.

not for me.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    NERF MAG SORC!!
    They just did, can't you read or what.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    Nerf Magsorc. Double executes!!! (Implosion and endless fury)
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    NERF MAG SORC!!
    They just did, can't you read or what.

Where did they nerf magsorcs?
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭

Yay a positive for bows!

not for me.

In battlegrounds and no CP Cyrodiil there wouldn't be any difference between the buff text and the result. Swords would add 5% more to all damage. Long shots and Hawkeye would combine to strengthen weapon skills by 37%.

In PVE dungeons I had to ask myself why my ranged Stamblade is hitting like she's throwing wet noodles compared to my melee Stamblade and my Magsorc. So I tested out some things on the DPS dummy and saw that the passive bow buffs Hawk Eye and Long Shots combine to add 28% damage to bow abilities instead of 37%. A 9% difference in damage is significant.

Bow/bow builds were rare before Morrowind, but they were at least just barely strong enough to compete in vet trials. After Morrowind people still like them because they're fun, but they aren't living up to their potential in PVE. A 9% buff would help.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    • Necropotence: Reduced the Max Magicka increase granted by this Item Set to 3150 from 4000.

GOOD! GET THESE STUPID SCAMPS OUT OF MY TRIALS!
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Nooo!!! My beautiful Necropotence!!

Nah, its cool.

Nah, its cool.

Nah, its cool.

• The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    The necro nerf isn't that big of a deal, as the 2,3, and 4 bonus' will get an increase correct?
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    The necro nerf isn't that big of a deal, as the 2,3, and 4 bonus' will get an increase correct?

with the 2-4 pieces buffs, it is a 463 magicka difference between live and pts
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

The fact that every sorc and their mother is running the set? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is it that every single sorc I run into has a combined shield stack pathetically weaker then my 15k hardened ward alone.... and can roll dodge around without stam issues?

Oh right, because lolmberplasm was and is the easy-mode meta carrying sorcs, not necropotence.

dpencil1 wrote: »
    Necropotence 5-piece nerfed by 21.25%??

What is the math that justifies this? Or is it just a reaction to forum whining?

Not happy about this change at all.

I mean, yea it's a stupid nerf. "21%" But it's only a loss of 850 magic.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Torugs not a dps set? Name me a proc set that adds 3k unresistable dmg in pvp to every light attack with a 1.4s cooldown?

All the proc sets will look like a sorry bunch of losers once this patch goes live.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seemed too good to be true..
    {PvP}
    Gina, DW active skills need to be improved.
    Why should I equip DW when Two Handed offers Rally, Gap Closer, 300% power on 50% Hp Execution?

Why should I equip DW when 1hand/Shield offers Direct attacks that deal dmg and debuff my enemy,
    gap closer and CC,
    added dps because of buffed Bash (animation cancelling amplifies 1h/shield more than DW, which has a channelling skill, and cannot make such good use of -> clipped normal attk/clipped skill/clipped bash[no buffed dmg]),
    the best defence when it comes to blocking.

There is no reason to select active DW skills over any other Stamina Weapon skill line.
    DW is being treated so disrespectfully and used only for it's stats.

DW offers a strong direct attack but! it is a ranged ability. Why not use Bow then?

Flurry is a slow skill that has no place in a combat system that is builed on cancelling the animation of normal atks with a skill, which skill in turn gets it's animation cancelled by block or bash or weapon swap, as fast as possible.

Twin Slashes is a good Dot that heals.
    A dual wielder is not a tank however. I need to kill my enemy before 9s pass (duration of the Dot). Dots are most effectivelly used by a build that endures in battle. Dual Wielders are not those builds. The heal will not save my DW build. Better 1h/shield for blocking or Two handed for Rally.
    Steel Tornado. The original zergball skill has been left behind by all the magika "zerg buster" skills. (you can't stop "zerg buster" skills being used by zergs).
    Cloak? Again, DW users are not tanky. The low damage over 15s is useless for a killer, useless for a non tank. The mobility and AoE defensive makes it a good tool, but again.. DW is being treated not as a weapon but as an armor.

Your players like stamina as well. Give them strong, active stamina skills.
    I am pretty sure that stamplars and stamDKs would love to be able to access a strong Execution with a new build that uses DW instead of Two Handed. StamDKs, which you have treated unfairly would love to have access to a new strong spammable offensive active skill, introduced by a buffed DW (stamsorc too, even though I find them at a very good place)

I know that it is too late for HotR or even the next Dlc, Clockwork City?
    But consider at some point to give stamina players a bit of LOVE with stronger ACTIVE DW skills.
    CC?
    Gap closer?
    True execution?
    Dont need all of them but something.
    I repeat, every active DW skill suffers in front of the skills from the other weapons and every stamina Class skill.
    Whirling Blades is not a true AoE skill because of its extremely small radius. Why not make it deal 300% dmg at a 50% Hp target. Or 40%?
    (Speaking of which, magika users are the worst zerg balls. Consider making EotS' radius smaller...)
    When I'm on DW I am not a tank. I need to dead dmg fast.
    Make Twin Slashes deliver it's total damage in 4-5s not 9s. I cannot defend for 9s. I need to atk. Why w8 9s for X dmg to be dealt, and not dead X dmg a few times with a spammable in less time than 9s??

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    {PvP}

tl;dr? Stamina needs boosting. Medium armor/rogues need boosting(NBs won't be affected. They have good the best tools for the job alrdy. Go read.

PS. Hey you all Eso players? Aren't you sick seeing stamina players running Rally, shuffle, crit charge, Execution, Toppling Charge?
    PS.2 True archers need love too. Buff active bow skills. PI is good.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 7, 2017 8:04PM
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭

Torugs not a dps set? Name me a proc set that adds 3k unresistable dmg in pvp to every light attack with a 1.4s cooldown?

All the proc sets will look like a sorry bunch of losers once this patch goes live.

Dis gon b good.