Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds still broken

• Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With ZOS's track record on releasing content this should serve as a learning point for pre-ordering. The release of Homestead and all of the subsequent patches was a huge red flag to pre-ordering Morrowind. It's a shame that so many fall for the deceptive marketing and get suckered in.

I won't be doing it again, I had considered cancelling this one after seeing the PTS but they sneaked it in 2 weeks early and I lost my chance to cancel - BGs, when you get in and aren't fighting totally uneven battles, are sometimes fun but other times just an exhibition of how Cheat Engine is still the king of PvP... I have had multiple ultis from the same person drop on me several times - ZOS still seem unwilling to deal, even ducking the thread they supposedly tend about this very issue.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    With ZOS's track record on releasing content this should serve as a learning point for pre-ordering. The release of Homestead and all of the subsequent patches was a huge red flag to pre-ordering Morrowind. It's a shame that so many fall for the deceptive marketing and get suckered in.

I won't be doing it again, I had considered cancelling this one after seeing the PTS but they sneaked it in 2 weeks early and I lost my chance to cancel - BGs, when you get in and aren't fighting totally uneven battles, are sometimes fun but other times just an exhibition of how Cheat Engine is still the king of PvP... I have had multiple ultis from the same person drop on me several times - ZOS still seem unwilling to deal, even ducking the thread they supposedly tend about this very issue.

Report these cheats immediately so zos can give them there 3 day ban lol. Should be a character wipe.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »

Report these cheats immediately so zos can give them there 3 day ban lol. Should be a character wipe.

Been down that road before, worked with my guildies to post videos, nothing happens. Heck, they promised to wipe leader boards and then decided not to... draw your own conclusions from that bit of chicanery.

I *think* the deep dark secret is that fixing this hole would require big time investment which they simply are not willing to do *note this is opinion*
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Not always true there was a massive ban regarding unlimited ulty drops caused by cheat engines. It was crazy one day we all went out to cyridiil and it was like armageddon with meteors. Eventually they lifted all the bans and the little cheats got let loose into the wild only to tone down the c.e's just to the point where they won't get noticed.
    Edited by Trashkan on June 14, 2017 12:24AM
  • crazyranger
    crazyranger
    ✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »

3 day ban is a joke..... as is all of the multiple bot trains that ZOS turns a blind eye to.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please take discussion of CE to another thread. This is apparently the only thread we have for discussion Bg's being busted. Don't get it closed
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we stop with the deafening silence and have an update now pls @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

BGs still not working for group queue, meanwhile people have started discussions about the new trial thats gonna come in the next dlc when the most recent dlc/chapter is not even working properly at all.
    Edited by Sophieous on June 14, 2017 12:03PM
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just look forward to Q3 and more things that won't be working from the start. #Hyped
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    From the last patch notes:

The Elder Scrolls Online v3.0.8 continues to address queuing issues affecting Battlegrounds, though we are still working on the issue where you are continually receiving a message that someone has declined the Ready Check.

Maybe someone else missed it.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »
    Yup, gf was changed, now pop up overlap other activities and doesnt hide in notifications but for groups its still endless cycle from forming back to queued.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Did a test with group members on voice com. They informed me when its waiting for 1 player. 50% of the time when its just me left to click q automatically cancel because someone inv decline, even if i have 40s on the timer to accept it. Other 50% pop disspears and im in queue status while everyone else is waiting for that last person to confirm. Here is your bug, still sitting where it was from beta.

Still waiting for response.
    Also are you hiring? Since im already doing more towards finding and identifying bugs than your testers i wouldnt mind getting paid for it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert

Still waiting... altough half guildies stopped waiting and found other games...
    Please start behave like a serious company and start respond in serious topics like this one. Not in meme or other unimportant only. Your job is to take care of the issues, might be not easy and not fun but this is what you are payed for to do.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Gravord on June 14, 2017 1:47PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg people do not read lol

Read al the posts on this topic your are repeating comments that have already been adressed... Painful to read....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just to give you an update, we are testing several fixes relating to the Grouping Tool that should help with the remaining queuing issues. Our plan is to include these in Monday's incremental patch, assuming they pass QA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Omg people do not read lol

Read al the posts on this topic your are repeating comments that have already been adressed... Painful to read....

Except they haven't been addressed. Queues are still broken. Spent an hour trying to solo queue last night. Two guild mates spent an hour in group queue, only to be placed in a 2v4v4, then they sat in queue for another half an hour before quitting for the night. Watched @FENGRUSH stream last night, he would queue up for over 20 minutes repeatedly getting errors before being placed into a mismatch.

Battlegrounds are broken. The issues are not being addressed. We have @ZOS_MattFiror and @ZOS_RichLambert out talking about content released months from now and we can't even get them to acknowledge the Cluster F that is the most current released content. Heck we can't even get @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_BrianWheeler to comment...

Speak of the devil...
    Hey guys, just to give you an update, we are testing several fixes relating to the Grouping Tool that should help with the remaining queuing issues. Our plan is to include these in Monday's incremental patch, assuming they pass QA.

Edited by SwaminoNowlino on June 14, 2017 2:57PM
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will console get this patch?
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get some insight into what is broken and what is being done to fix it? In addition to when console's can expect to get any fixes? We've heard this before and the resulting fixes didn't fix anything. Not being confrontational, just hoping to get some more information, because if they continue to be broken I will absolutely demand a refund.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    KingJ wrote: »
    That's the plan, yep. It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July.

Can we get some insight into what is broken and what is being done to fix it?
    I can't explain how the issues are being fixed (I'm not a programmer), but can list some of the issues we're currently working on that affect the Grouping Tool and queuing:
    • You can currently join a Battleground with less than two minutes remaining, which along with being less than ideal, also can cause you to get hit with an error message and get kicked back to another queue.
    • You will sometimes never get a Ready Check and will be kicked out of the queue after a full group has come together.
    • After joining a queue, you'll receive an error message that someone has declined the invite, and will get removed from the queue. We're working on not only fixing this issue, but also clarifying the error message so it's clearer what this means and what's happening.
    • You will sometimes encounter a long loading screen when zoning after accepting a Ready Check.
    • There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid. July for consoles! Holy crap. It's only just now Mid. June.
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    That's the plan, yep. It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July.

I can't explain how the issues are being fixed (I'm not a programmer), but can list some of the issues we're currently working on that affect the Grouping Tool and queuing:
    • You can currently join a Battleground with less than two minutes remaining, which along with being less than ideal, also can cause you to get hit with an error message and get kicked back to another queue.
    • You will sometimes never get a Ready Check and will be kicked out of the queue after a full group has come together.
    • After joining a queue, you'll receive an error message that someone has declined the invite, and will get removed from the queue. We're working on not only fixing this issue, but also clarifying the error message so it's clearer what this means and what's happening.
    • You will sometimes encounter a long loading screen when zoning after accepting a Ready Check.
    • There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.

And what about group finder still bugging even worse now? Still getting kicked from dungeon and now it gets into loading screen like 5 times to repeat the same bug..
    Edited by Cocorocho on June 14, 2017 3:41PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are there any fixes planned regarding players/groups imbalance as well? I mean, most of the time the matches look like this: 2v3v4 or similar combinations, even 1v4v4. I got 4v4v4 only once...
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome, thanks for the detailed response @ZOS_GinaBruno . I can't speak for everyone but I personally really appreciate these bits of info. I don't ever assume you all at ZOS are just sitting idly by doing nothing. As frustrating as facing these issues are, seeing what's being addressed and knowing you at least plan to roll it out next week (assuming it passes QA) is reassuring.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I read all of that on the last patch "fixes completed" section. However...

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the changes on PTS so we could test ?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.Mid July by that time most console players will just stop playing.I'm asking for a refund this is ridiculous that I have to wait a month to reliable play the content because we play consoles.
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Are the changes on PTS so we could test ?

No they always do the testing themselves, you don't need to ;)
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler

The Chapter I purchased on June 6th will not work correctly until Mid July.

What will our compensation be for purchasing a broken Chapter?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid-July until a fix on console can even be attempted? So what if that doesn't work? We wait yet another month and a half for another attempt at a fix? I'm starting worry that the queue won't even be fixed by next DLC. Currently BG queuing in a group is nearly impossible, especially during primetime. People love to throw around "literally unplayable" around on here but in this case group BGs truly are unplayable...
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gina,

Really really appreciate the details and updates. You're not at fault for the state of the content, but we really do need to keep an open dialogue going, especially on critical issues such as this.

That being said, mid-July for a patch to fix broken key content really isn't acceptable, and we all know that. Again, not your fault, but that's simply ridiculous. Battlegrounds, a key piece to the Morrowind expansion that we paid for, not being fixed immediately but instead being put off into a future patch is not acceptable. As soon as it passes QA for PC, it should be submitted to console certification, not put off until the next schedule update. Morrowind essentially contains 3 elements. The new zone, the new class, and battlegrounds. 1/3 of the product you sold isn't working.

Its especially egregious since we are all fairly certain this planned fix won't actually fix anything, based off of historical precedent. Best case, console players are looking at Mid-July to play the content they purchased. Most-likely case, it will be September before it will even be close to fixed. Again, this is not acceptable. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or hysterical about this, if I paid for a movie and only got to see 2/3 of what I paid for, do you think that would be fair?

• DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you guys not test for this before launching?
This discussion has been closed.