The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds still broken

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Gravord

Were you running into any issues while queuing as a 4 man team? Could you test as a 3 man? Can you test the 3 man dungeon finder while cycling the role of the party lead each test? (change party lead to healer while all group members are all three, then change party lead to tank while all other group members are all three, then change party lead to dps while all other group members are all three) and see if random dungeon queue times are reduced based solely on what the group leader role is.
    @MilwaukeeScott

It's likely that they have different live builds (PC,PS4,XBOX). He was more than likely referring to the PC live version. And more likely referring to pushing them to live on the weekly Monday maintenance. Once the problem has been solved or at least groomed fairly well, that's when the PS4,XBOX versions will tested, updated, and pushed.

1) We have all tested a variety of different methods to queue successfully into battlegrounds in an expeditious manner. None have worked. 4 man group? Nope. 3 man group? Nope. 2 man? Nope. Solo? Sometimes, but after getting the decline message for 25 minutes.
    2) It is not our job to test workarounds for game breaking bugs. By definition this is the job of the development team.
    3) In this very thread they have posted that there are several issues impacting the successful entry into BGs. What good does it do anyone to pretend they are not there and that its player error?

They have also stated explicitly that group roles for dungeon finder are not used for BG queuing. (Now, I don''t necessarily trust anything they say, but that seems like it would have been easy to identify and fix.... Oh wait, it is ZOS... You may have a point).
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid July, mid JULY!!!!

I'm just, like, how can you be so complacent with this? How can you squander the quality of what could be one of the biggest games of a generation?

Let me explain this from my perspective, from the time I had created my second toon, a few weeks after console release, I have payed a premium monthly payment. Not for a tame xp bonus. But I solely wanted to support this title into the future. That was my choice. You could say I and many helped pave the way for the possibility of these chapters. For you and for the players. You then decide to sell this newly named content at another premium price. I payed up, because I love this game and I love to PvP therein.

This isn't just about the BG's Queue problem, which is just an extension of the group finder problem from about 6 months to a full year ago. But the also the lack of quality in many parts of the game on console. No search function at traders. No means of sorting inventory across characters. The way voice chat keeps sending players from our guild from guild chat into group chat, when you get a BG game it does this TWICE, on the way in and on the way out again, it would give you a headache. I could go on a massive rant about these alone but what is the point? There is ZERO quality control or even meaningful support for us console plebs.

And you know what is even funnier about the proposed fixes with these queuing issues? You still haven't acknowledged the imbalanced teams, the low levels being matched with maxed players. So maybe that will be addressed by Christmas!!? Alas, I could bet my bottom dollar it won't, it can't. Because your company is to busy using my monthly premium to churn out content that you will also sell to us that may or may not even function. This realization is painful for me to admit. I am a sucker for supporting you the way I did. That's how it was sold to me, not with a crafting bag or xp bonus, but simply because you said I could "help support the development of this game".

I guess I should thank you for creating this issue, but mostly for how you handled it, for helping me come to this realization that I am being played, while the content I've payed large sums to help create and consume, can't be!!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino

Hmmm. Well, seeing as you're Xbox I can't say for certain if any of the BG issues on your end have been addressed yet. But yesterday (on PC, NA) I played about 5 BG matches solo and nearly all of them went through on the first time and for all of them less than a minute of queue time , there were a few issues with actually getting to the loading screen (I.E. once the group has formed it'd take a little while for it actually to put me into the loadscreen for the map) and it seemed there was a brief FPS drop any time the queue appeared to ping the server. So from my experience I can't really add anything of substance. Which is why I'm asking, not because I don't believe you, but since I don't have the resources to currently go balls out and test everything.

Edit: and when I was asking gravord about the 3 man that's more for the group finder (for dungeons)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 15, 2017 7:44PM
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino

Hmmm. Well, seeing as you're Xbox I can't say for certain if any of the BG issues on your end have been addressed yet. But yesterday (on PC, NA) I played about 5 BG matches solo and nearly all of them went through on the first time and for all of them less than a minute of queue time , there were a few issues with actually getting to the loading screen (I.E. once the group has formed it'd take a little while for it actually to put me into the loadscreen for the map) and it seemed there was a brief FPS drop any time the queue appeared to ping the server. So from my experience I can't really add anything of substance. Which is why I'm asking, not because I don't believe you, but since I don't have the resources to currently go balls out and test everything.

Edit: and when I was asking gravord about the 3 man that's more for the group finder (for dungeons)

I get that, but I watch streams just about every night as I myself play. Tune in and watch @FENGRUSH stream Battlegrounds during primetime. 20-25 minutes repeatedly hitting ready check. King Richard and Sypher both came back as soon as Morrowind launched because they were excited for BG's, and both of them got so sick of the queuing issues they haven't been back on since. So limited sample I guess since my PC experience is limited to watching others, but plenty of the folks here are on PC and reporting the same issues. And if you manage to get in solo then great, but that doesn't mean everyone else can. And BGs weren't designed around solo play anyways, you and you're team were supposed to be able to get in and out in 5 minutes or so, that's the whole design. And its busted.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just to give you an update, we are testing several fixes relating to the Grouping Tool that should help with the remaining queuing issues. Our plan is to include these in Monday's incremental patch, assuming they pass QA.

How the hell did all the Group Finder versions starting with Homestead pass QA?
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SwaminoNowlino

Dungeons im trying do only with premade 4 man. And even on that setup im getting 4-7 load screens to dungeon and usually just being kicked out again and have to port manually.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to give you an update, we are testing several fixes relating to the Grouping Tool that should help with the remaining queuing issues. Our plan is to include these in Monday's incremental patch, assuming they pass QA.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will console get this patch?
    That's the plan, yep. It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July.

Can we get some insight into what is broken and what is being done to fix it?
    I can't explain how the issues are being fixed (I'm not a programmer), but can list some of the issues we're currently working on that affect the Grouping Tool and queuing:
    • You can currently join a Battleground with less than two minutes remaining, which along with being less than ideal, also can cause you to get hit with an error message and get kicked back to another queue.
    • You will sometimes never get a Ready Check and will be kicked out of the queue after a full group has come together.
    • After joining a queue, you'll receive an error message that someone has declined the invite, and will get removed from the queue. We're working on not only fixing this issue, but also clarifying the error message so it's clearer what this means and what's happening.
    • You will sometimes encounter a long loading screen when zoning after accepting a Ready Check.
    • There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.Mid July by that time most console players will just stop playing.I'm asking for a refund this is ridiculous that I have to wait a month to reliable play the content because we play consoles.

What makes you think it will be reliable in mid July?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

Strange. I know this issue has existed for a while. as a solo queue tank I've been fortunate enough to have nearly perfect queues.

Wonder why the edge case where a 4-member group fails so often.

On another note, if ever you queue as a 3-man, can you experiment with having the group leader choose only one of the roles, and seeing if the queue times differ from that of a dps?
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the plan, yep. It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July.

I can't explain how the issues are being fixed (I'm not a programmer), but can list some of the issues we're currently working on that affect the Grouping Tool and queuing:
    • You can currently join a Battleground with less than two minutes remaining, which along with being less than ideal, also can cause you to get hit with an error message and get kicked back to another queue.
    • You will sometimes never get a Ready Check and will be kicked out of the queue after a full group has come together.
    • After joining a queue, you'll receive an error message that someone has declined the invite, and will get removed from the queue. We're working on not only fixing this issue, but also clarifying the error message so it's clearer what this means and what's happening.
    • You will sometimes encounter a long loading screen when zoning after accepting a Ready Check.
    • There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.Mid July by that time most console players will just stop playing.I'm asking for a refund this is ridiculous that I have to wait a month to reliable play the content because we play consoles.

What makes you think it will be reliable in mid July?
    Nothing at this point.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

Strange. I know this issue has existed for a while. as a solo queue tank I've been fortunate enough to have nearly perfect queues.

Wonder why the edge case where a 4-member group fails so often.

On another note, if ever you queue as a 3-man, can you experiment with having the group leader choose only one of the roles, and seeing if the queue times differ from that of a dps?

Actually was able to get into bgs with 2-3 man team, between 2-4am...
    Previously posted theory that theres a limit of bg instances avaiable at same time might be on right track and explains why prime time is completelly unplayable.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Actually was able to get into bgs with 2-3 man team, between 2-4am...
    Previously posted theory that theres a limit of bg instances avaiable at same time might be on right track and explains why prime time is completelly unplayable.

Between 2 - 4 am or immediately after server restart on patch day is when you can get lucky with a more man team - but never with 4 people.

•  Schore159
    Schore159
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are there any fixes planned regarding players/groups imbalance as well? I mean, most of the time the matches look like this: 2v3v4 or similar combinations, even 1v4v4. I got 4v4v4 only once...

Yeah this is the biggest issue for me while i queue solo für the bgs
    i always end up in a 4v4v1 4v4v2 mostly versus premade 4man
    i never had a balanced 4v4v4 in about 50 bgs
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Schore159 wrote: »

I find it hard to believe that you get a premade 4 man team on the other side. I never heard any group confirming they can get into BG with a full 4 man team, which is why this thread was opened in the first place.
  • spiiros
    spiiros
    ✭✭✭
    TomLukman wrote: »

I find it hard to believe that you get a premade 4 man team on the other side. I never heard any group confirming they can get into BG with a full 4 man team, which is why this thread was opened in the first place.

Last night on PS4, I got in with a full 4 man, it's possible, just takes forever.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broke on PS4 NA

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    @Gravord

Were you running into any issues while queuing as a 4 man team? Could you test as a 3 man? Can you test the 3 man dungeon finder while cycling the role of the party lead each test? (change party lead to healer while all group members are all three, then change party lead to tank while all other group members are all three, then change party lead to dps while all other group members are all three) and see if random dungeon queue times are reduced based solely on what the group leader role is.

We tested all the possible *** & combos. Broken broken broken! On top of that, as far as I know, no one has ever confirmed to have successfully entered battlegrounds with a four man group.

I can confirm that I run with a 4 man group every night without waiting more than 5 to 10 min tops.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Also run solo 2 man and 3 man without these issues. Maybe it's all the add ons that are bugging the q???????

I will be on tonight 6 pm est n.a pc. whisper @traskan for invite and I will prove it.
    Edited by Trashkan on June 16, 2017 5:25PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    Also run solo 2 man and 3 man without these issues. Maybe it's all the add ons that are bugging the q???????

I will be on tonight 6 pm est n.a pc. whisper @traskan for invite and I will prove it.

Except the people on PS4 and Xbox having problems...
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 16, 2017 5:29PM
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    So finally, Did battleground worked on PC or not ?
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    So finally, Did battleground worked on PC or not ?

Nope.
    "Next monday maybe patch that maaaaaybeee fix it"... end of quote.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to try bgs for the first time the other day and expected to see a bunch of bugs but I got into like 6 back to back just fine.

I will say it has the same bug as the pve queue finder currently where if someone doesn't click ready within the first 20 seconds even if they do click it it says someone didn't so everyone only has 20 seconds to click ready but that's not a huge issue with so many people queuing you just try again.

It's important everyone knows they only have 20 seconds if they don't already though.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    How do you guys not test for this before launching?

If all the devs clicked ready within 20 seconds when testing they would have never known.
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    MID OF JULY?!?

hqdefault.jpg

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need so many *** improvements. Total joke released in current state.
  • film
    film
    ✭✭✭
    Any fixes we find get pushed right to Live at this point.

Follow the stream if you like the stream. Marry the stream if you love the stream.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Well no whispers:-( I am currently running a 3 man group 1 min wait time between battles. Whisper for invite or just keep getting rekt.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have solo queued several time, and everything seem ok. Any PC player still have problem ?
    Edited by lelink88 on June 17, 2017 2:55AM
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gina,

Really really appreciate the details and updates. You're not at fault for the state of the content, but we really do need to keep an open dialogue going, especially on critical issues such as this.

That being said, mid-July for a patch to fix broken key content really isn't acceptable, and we all know that. Again, not your fault, but that's simply ridiculous. Battlegrounds, a key piece to the Morrowind expansion that we paid for, not being fixed immediately but instead being put off into a future patch is not acceptable. As soon as it passes QA for PC, it should be submitted to console certification, not put off until the next schedule update. Morrowind essentially contains 3 elements. The new zone, the new class, and battlegrounds. 1/3 of the product you sold isn't working.

Its especially egregious since we are all fairly certain this planned fix won't actually fix anything, based off of historical precedent. Best case, console players are looking at Mid-July to play the content they purchased. Most-likely case, it will be September before it will even be close to fixed. Again, this is not acceptable. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or hysterical about this, if I paid for a movie and only got to see 2/3 of what I paid for, do you think that would be fair?

Couple things.

1. The reason they've been radio silent becomes clear. Because just like any other customer service center that sells a product, the second they admit/acknowledge guilt, they owe you something. E.g. all the "I need a refund" posts. So they are trying to avoid that rabbit hole.

2. I'm actually not thoroughly convinced that THEY are convinced that BGs are as broken as we tell them it is. Like unplayably broken. They believe it's something "slightly inconvenient" and that the majority of players that want to play BGs actually do, but have abnormally high queue times. I honestly believe they are that delusional.

3. The fact you have to ask for an explanation on why its broken, instead of one sentence replies, it atrocious. This company has "Community Managers". I mean, what does that even mean? Their job is like 80% communicating with the player base. So, where's the communication? We're on this forum more than they are, and we're not even paid to do it, lol.

I used to feel somewhat remorseful for writing these "hateful" posts about ZoS and their development team, but they have dropped the ball way too many times. Its sad to see a game with such a fantastic platform that could be a leading MMORPG undergo an excruciating slow and painful death.

Its why its the game we love to hate. Its like watching Tiger Woods go from the GOAT to bag boy.
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »

Gina,

Really really appreciate the details and updates. You're not at fault for the state of the content, but we really do need to keep an open dialogue going, especially on critical issues such as this.

That being said, mid-July for a patch to fix broken key content really isn't acceptable, and we all know that. Again, not your fault, but that's simply ridiculous. Battlegrounds, a key piece to the Morrowind expansion that we paid for, not being fixed immediately but instead being put off into a future patch is not acceptable. As soon as it passes QA for PC, it should be submitted to console certification, not put off until the next schedule update. Morrowind essentially contains 3 elements. The new zone, the new class, and battlegrounds. 1/3 of the product you sold isn't working.

Its especially egregious since we are all fairly certain this planned fix won't actually fix anything, based off of historical precedent. Best case, console players are looking at Mid-July to play the content they purchased. Most-likely case, it will be September before it will even be close to fixed. Again, this is not acceptable. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or hysterical about this, if I paid for a movie and only got to see 2/3 of what I paid for, do you think that would be fair?

Couple things.

1. The reason they've been radio silent becomes clear. Because just like any other customer service center that sells a product, the second they admit/acknowledge guilt, they owe you something. E.g. all the "I need a refund" posts. So they are trying to avoid that rabbit hole.

2. I'm actually not thoroughly convinced that THEY are convinced that BGs are as broken as we tell them it is. Like unplayably broken. They believe it's something "slightly inconvenient" and that the majority of players that want to play BGs actually do, but have abnormally high queue times. I honestly believe they are that delusional.

3. The fact you have to ask for an explanation on why its broken, instead of one sentence replies, it atrocious. This company has "Community Managers". I mean, what does that even mean? Their job is like 80% communicating with the player base. So, where's the communication? We're on this forum more than they are, and we're not even paid to do it, lol.

I used to feel somewhat remorseful for writing these "hateful" posts about ZoS and their development team, but they have dropped the ball way too many times. Its sad to see a game with such a fantastic platform that could be a leading MMORPG undergo an excruciating slow and painful death.

Its why its the game we love to hate. Its like watching Tiger Woods go from the GOAT to bag boy.

I tried to keep things professional as well, but at a certain point you realize that they couldn't give two sh*ts less about the playerbase. We're living in a day and age where these developing and publishing companies are no longer looking to provide a quality end game product; they do just enough to get it to pass as a functioning product, hype the f*ck out of it, sell as many copies as they can before word gets out that it's broken, then hope that enough people are going to just deal with it until they churn out their next steaming pile of garbage.

It's a disgusting practice, and the only way we're going to stop it from happening is to stop buying into it. People need to refund Morrowind, drop their ESO+ subscriptions, stop buying Crowns, and starve ZOS until they fix their sh*t.
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »

Well probably they have server data to check and if the issue is something that only 10% of the playerbase have it is "slightly inconvenient" ( i 've joined several battlegrounds with or without group and know some guys that play only in 4 man pre made)
    Anyhow you are right communication is not a zos quality, and we as a playerbase deserve a fix even if only the 1% have the issue, since everyone have payed the price tag on this product.
    Signature

This discussion has been closed.