The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds still broken

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler

The Chapter I purchased on June 6th will not work correctly until Mid July.

What will our compensation be for purchasing a broken Chapter?

Here is our warmest thanks for playing our AAA game. Signed, Matt Firor
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Mid-July until a fix on console can even be attempted? So what if that doesn't work? We wait yet another month and a half for another attempt at a fix? I'm starting worry that the queue won't even be fixed by next DLC. Currently BG queuing in a group is nearly impossible, especially during primetime. People love to throw around "literally unplayable" around on here but in this case group BGs truly are unplayable...

Realistically console players are looking at September before we get some semblance of working battlegrounds. Not being a smart a**, just basing that off of ZOS's track record to this point. That's not an exaggeration, its just history. And its not because of the console verification process. Ubisoft consistently gets their patches through the console process in about a week. There is no reason console shouldn't receive a patch for broken content by 26 June. Simply unacceptable.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll give props to @ZOS_GinaBruno for communicating this time with the playerbase and not keeping us in the dark, while getting all the sh*t for other peoples f*ck ups.

Let's wait for Monday then.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    /snip
    [*] There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.
    [/list]

You miss one central piece: Brackets? 1-50 BGs. Where are they?
    Edited by Yshaar on June 14, 2017 6:03PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtf. 1 month after release I might be able to play it. Great work you guys keep it up. You can do this.
  • zsban
    zsban
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem with this is that for all the people facing the queueing issues, the disadvantage it puts them into can't be fixed.

While there are clearly premade groups who enter BG all the time and basically dominate the content, most of us are forced to queue alone, and even then it's a hit and miss.

As a result, there are people who now know all the various arena much better, already developed a winning strategy as a working team, refined their sets and skill bars for BG...

It's just not fair. It ruins the experience of exploring the new content together with other players at the same time.
    Not to mention the BG reward sets which clearly some people can "farm", but others are forced to either wait or buy it from guild stores.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to give you an update, we are testing several fixes relating to the Grouping Tool that should help with the remaining queuing issues. Our plan is to include these in Monday's incremental patch, assuming they pass QA.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will console get this patch?
    That's the plan, yep. It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July.

Hey guys, just to give you an update, we are testing several fixes relating to the Grouping Tool that should help with the remaining queuing issues. Our plan is to include these in Monday's incremental patch, assuming they pass QA.

Can we get some insight into what is broken and what is being done to fix it?
    I can't explain how the issues are being fixed (I'm not a programmer), but can list some of the issues we're currently working on that affect the Grouping Tool and queuing:
    • You can currently join a Battleground with less than two minutes remaining, which along with being less than ideal, also can cause you to get hit with an error message and get kicked back to another queue.
    • You will sometimes never get a Ready Check and will be kicked out of the queue after a full group has come together.
    • After joining a queue, you'll receive an error message that someone has declined the invite, and will get removed from the queue. We're working on not only fixing this issue, but also clarifying the error message so it's clearer what this means and what's happening.
    • You will sometimes encounter a long loading screen when zoning after accepting a Ready Check.
    • There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.

I appreciate the communication but this is absolutely not acceptable. I don't care who's doing the programming, you don't pay someone for a job and release an unfinished product. What is the point of the PTS, exactly? Why do you not iron out your product before release?

This is actually embarrassing and I feel sorry that I've put even the slightest bit of faith in to such a failing company. Absolutely *** poor product and I can't wait to get home from work (where my performance is reviewed quarterly, maybe you should look in to this) and cancel my subscription to this game. Time to spend my money on developers who care.

P.S. No, you can't have my stuff.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the plan, yep. It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July.

Can we get some insight into what is broken and what is being done to fix it?
    I can't explain how the issues are being fixed (I'm not a programmer), but can list some of the issues we're currently working on that affect the Grouping Tool and queuing:
    • You can currently join a Battleground with less than two minutes remaining, which along with being less than ideal, also can cause you to get hit with an error message and get kicked back to another queue.
    • You will sometimes never get a Ready Check and will be kicked out of the queue after a full group has come together.
    • After joining a queue, you'll receive an error message that someone has declined the invite, and will get removed from the queue. We're working on not only fixing this issue, but also clarifying the error message so it's clearer what this means and what's happening.
    • You will sometimes encounter a long loading screen when zoning after accepting a Ready Check.
    • There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.

I appreciate the communication but this is absolutely not acceptable. I don't care who's doing the programming, you don't pay someone for a job and release an unfinished product. What is the point of the PTS, exactly? Why do you not iron out your product before release?

This is actually embarrassing and I feel sorry that I've put even the slightest bit of faith in to such a failing company. Absolutely *** poor product and I can't wait to get home from work (where my performance is reviewed quarterly, maybe you should look in to this) and cancel my subscription to this game. Time to spend my money on developers who care.

P.S. No, you can't have my stuff.

sooo can I have your stuff?
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sophieous wrote: »
    I'll give props to @ZOS_GinaBruno for communicating this time with the playerbase and not keeping us in the dark, while getting all the sh*t for other peoples f*ck ups.

You give props to a Community Manager for communicating with the community? Interesting...

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

You give props to a Community Manager for communicating with the community? Interesting...

Erm yep, considering past experiences, this time, it's way better.
    Edited by Sophieous on June 14, 2017 7:45PM
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »

Erm yep, considering past experiences, this time it's way better.

I'd agree with you, but I participate in other gaming companies forums and their community managers are CONSTANTLY interacting and responding to the community, several times a day, mostly when critical issues occur.

Have you seen how many users posts there are in this CRITICAL thread and how many community managers responses? ;)

Community Manangers here are way beyond what users need in terms of communication.

Edited by Dragonnord on June 14, 2017 8:54PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • MaGicBush
    MaGicBush
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

The lfg tool has been broken on and off since launch regardless before morrowind came out.
    Edited by MaGicBush on June 14, 2017 9:03PM
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU server, queued with a 4 man grp from 21:30 - 23:00 german time. Got in 1,5hrs one domination match against two 3man teams (not premade),

Thats such a buggy mess. We cant play PvP on Vivec because there are 4 zergs running in keeps and server is crashing at least once per hour
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me mid july to have an operating BG queue system for arguably the

Are you kidding me, mid July to have an operating BG queue system for the platform with arguably the biggest PVP population base?? One of the biggest selling points of your 40 dollar expansion is not going to be operational for a month and a half after release. BGs were advertised as, "quick get in and get out games". As of now queuing with a group is impossible and queueing solo can still take 20 plus minutes. How is this acceptable to you as as a business?

I can't believe how much money was poured into hyping your DLC including advertisement/paying streamers ect... Then for it to not even work. You can't even push a fix out for over a month and a half... what a joke. You will loose a majority of the pvp player base on console to this, myself included. A lot of us have continued playing hoping BGs were the answer to the monotony of Cyrodiil, and this is just a slap in the face. I have zero faith your "fix" will actually improve anything either.

-Rant over
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The games my group are able to get into are garbage. High level CP players grouped up with random level 10 and 20, and the opposing teams are premade generals and former emps. My guild has given up on queueing for BGs.

What a squandered opportunity to grow the player base. This kind of bad press nearly sank the game at launch and it took ESO three long years to recover... and why was the key issue? KNOWINGLY RELEASING BROKEN CONTENT.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yshaar wrote: »
    /snip
    [*] There are also a handful of backend issues that are resulting in groups failing to form.
    [/list]

You miss one central piece: Brackets? 1-50 BGs. Where are they?

This is at least as important as the LFG tool bugs.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fixes we find get pushed right to Live at this point.
    It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July

I play on PS4 NA.

Which of these statements are correct? Which statement affects me?

@ZOS_RichLambert Will PS4 players be compensated for buying a broken Chapter?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any fixes we find get pushed right to Live at this point.
    It'll be in the next console incremental, currently looking at mid-July

I play on PS4 NA.

Which of these statements are correct? Which statement affects me?

@ZOS_RichLambert Will PS4 players be compensated for buying a broken Chapter?

• Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get your refunds in, bois. PvP is dead for ESO.

No, but seriously, if you purchased Morrowind for Battlegrounds, as I'm sure many of us in here did, get a refund and drop this garbage company. They promised a product they couldn't deliver. This sh*t, like the dungeon finder, will likely be permabroke, and Battlegrounds won't likely get any of the essential features that are in every other MMO's PvP arena.

If ZOS refuses to support its PvP players, then the PvP players should refuse to support ZOS.
    Edited by Uncle_Sweetshare on June 15, 2017 6:21AM
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

• Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    The games my group are able to get into are garbage. High level CP players grouped up with random level 10 and 20, and the opposing teams are premade generals and former emps. My guild has given up on queueing for BGs.

What a squandered opportunity to grow the player base. This kind of bad press nearly sank the game at launch and it took ESO three long years to recover... and why was the key issue? KNOWINGLY RELEASING BROKEN CONTENT.

This is the heart of the issue. I am so angry about it because I want the game to be successfull and become more and more popular on twitch and in mmo circles. That's sadly not the way to go. Yay morrowind...ah yeah we have some pvp issues there, they will be ironed out...probably in july. whatever.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yshaar wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »

This is the heart of the issue. I am so angry about it because I want the game to be successfull and become more and more popular on twitch and in mmo circles. That's sadly not the way to go. Yay morrowind...ah yeah we have some pvp issues there, they will be ironed out...probably in july. whatever.

Yeah, same here, tested BG's on pts myself, convinced guildies they are worth playing, they bought it.... we still didnt get to play one match together and their power to play ESO is gone.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my money back. That is ridiculous
    Edited by LordSlif on June 15, 2017 12:14PM
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, the PVP lead is at E3 telling people how awesome Battlegrounds are and how everyone should go buy Morrowind to play them.
    Dear @ZOS_BrianWheeler , Battlegrounds are broken.
    Why is there no urgency to fix them, seeing as you lot are still taking peoples money for this broken content, a major part of your new "chapter."
    Edited by bunnytrix on June 15, 2017 1:57PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if the an issue with the grouping tool was that it was only looking at the party leader when forming groups and checking for roles.

Meaning that groups would more than likely fail to form once all the party members actually get merged and conflicting roles/too many players pop up.

While solo grouping players would never really experience any hiccup at all.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 15, 2017 4:35PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Wonder if the issue with the grouping tool was that it was only looking at the party leader when forming groups and checking for roles.

Meaning that groups would more than likely fail to form once all the party members actually get merged and conflicting roles/too many players pop up.

While solo grouping players would never really experience any hiccup at all.

Nope. Tested with all roles marked for whole 4 man team.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

Were you running into any issues while queuing as a 4 man team? Could you test as a 3 man? Can you test the 3 man dungeon finder while cycling the role of the party lead each test? (change party lead to healer while all group members are all three, then change party lead to tank while all other group members are all three, then change party lead to dps while all other group members are all three) and see if random dungeon queue times are reduced based solely on what the group leader role is.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 15, 2017 4:37PM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MilwaukeeScott

It's likely that they have different live builds (PC,PS4,XBOX). He was more than likely referring to the PC live version. And more likely referring to pushing them to live on the weekly Monday maintenance. Once the problem has been solved or at least groomed fairly well, that's when the PS4,XBOX versions will tested, updated, and pushed.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 15, 2017 4:36PM
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Gravord

Were you running into any issues while queuing as a 4 man team? Could you test as a 3 man? Can you test the 3 man dungeon finder while cycling the role of the party lead each test? (change party lead to healer while all group members are all three, then change party lead to tank while all other group members are all three, then change party lead to dps while all other group members are all three) and see if random dungeon queue times are reduced based solely on what the group leader role is.

We tested all the possible *** & combos. Broken broken broken! On top of that, as far as I know, no one has ever confirmed to have successfully entered battlegrounds with a four man group.
  • spiiros
    spiiros
    ✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    How do you guys not test for this before launching?

Preorder hype to generate $ is more important, lol.
  • Uncle_Sweetshare
    Uncle_Sweetshare
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get your refunds while you can!
    PC | NA | EP Uninstalled and refunded. I'm just here to laugh at ZOS.
    Candy, candy, he makes so much.

Click Here! >>> Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Battlegrounds? <<< Click Here!

This discussion has been closed.